5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Any writeups for BW2 RNG yet? Specifically, wondercards (Piplup and Genesect). Is it the same, just with more possible timer0's?

Thanks!
~Uiru

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Any writeups for BW2 RNG yet? Specifically, wondercards (Piplup and Genesect). Is it the same, just with more possible timer0's?

Thanks!
~Uiru
Other than breeding (which is broken, don't even bother with it unless they fix it for the international release) and C-Gear/Entralink (which no longer uses delay), it's pretty much the same thing with more Timer0 trolling. No new guides should be necessary.

Use Pandora's Box, select the TID option.

Most events use regular Wonder Card. GLAN stands for Gender Locked Any Nature, so only use that for events that fit that specific description.

And Pandora's Box is bugged in 9.95, so you may want to upgrade to 9.96.
okay so i did use the right one thanks its the movie vintini i forgot i didn't rng that yet on my white which i rnged everything else on my black version lol...also i have 9.96 and i am having the problem with that still with the upgrade...

Other than breeding (which is broken, don't even bother with it unless they fix it for the international release) and C-Gear/Entralink (which no longer uses delay), it's pretty much the same thing with more Timer0 trolling. No new guides should be necessary.
Does this mean that Entralink RNG is easier (assuming you're going for nature as well as IVs)? Also, I would think that a guide for the Dream Radar would be very helpful.

Is it unlikely that 3DS abuse will be possible on the English B/W2 release date? I'm guessing that the info for the English games will not have been incorporated into the DS Parameter Finder at that point, unless something is leaked or someone gets the game early. I'd like to RNG my ID/SID on the release date if possible.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Does this mean that Entralink RNG is easier (assuming you're going for nature as well as IVs)? Also, I would think that a guide for the Dream Radar would be very helpful.

Is it unlikely that 3DS abuse will be possible on the English B/W2 release date? I'm guessing that the info for the English games will not have been incorporated into the DS Parameter Finder at that point, unless something is leaked or someone gets the game early. I'd like to RNG my ID/SID on the release date if possible.
It still advances the PIDRNG constantly, but IVs at least are much easier to get.

I believe it's already possible on 3DS, though I could be wrong.

I believe it's already possible on 3DS, though I could be wrong.
Won't the numbers be different for English games though? Since different-language games are different options from the DS Parameter Finder drop-down menu, I would assume that RNG reporter calculates things differently. I would also think that they would need research done using the English games in order to properly incorporate that feature, which is why I wouldn't expect it to be possible on the release date.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Won't the numbers be different for the English version game though? Since different-language games are different options from the DS Parameter Finder drop-down menu, I would assume that RNG reporter calculates things differently.
Well yes, but it took them like four hours to get everything done after the Japanese release since they already know all the basic structure. Don't be surprised if it's figured out before you even unwrap your game.

I've been trying to rng, but before i start up again, i want to know that i have already got kyurem. but i didnt get the time down, had to close out of the rng reporter. could i catch him again and then use the new iv's?

I've been trying to rng, but before i start up again, i want to know that i have already got kyurem. but i didnt get the time down, had to close out of the rng reporter. could i catch him again and then use the new iv's?
I don't understand what you mean...are you trying to rng him still or you already caught him and saved? if you closed out the reporter you can find the seed again but it will trail and error to find the date...just search like you did last time with all months checked and do that year by year until you find it again with all the key presses checked to help find it too if it did have key presses, if it didn't don't check them...if you already catched him you could upload him to pokecheck to see but if he not what you hit then its too late :/

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Well yes, but it took them like four hours to get everything done after the Japanese release since they already know all the basic structure. Don't be surprised if it's figured out before you even unwrap your game.
For DSi / 3DS it took about a week (once the search was actually started), though I expect it will take less time for the English version since we know around where to look.

I don't have Pandora's Box and the thing on PPRNG wants a frame to make shiny and I can't set the parameters for a game I haven't started.
Here's a video explaining how to do ID abuse on PPRNG.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iXk768nkag&feature=channel&list=UL

Your parameters don't change when you restart a game, so start a game once to get your parameters, then restart to RNG your ID.

In the next version of PPRNG there will be a way to get your parameters without even starting a game by using the Unova Link.

Well i'm new to this so i had no idea what you just said. but i didnt save so he was still there. i caught him again and finally set my parameters.

I was finally able to rng a wild pokemon on Black 2. The timer0 is pretty hectic, takes alot of time to get it right. So now I'm trying to figure out how the hidden hollow rng works properly. The step that bothers me is 6) Advance/verify with Chatots if needed. How do you know how many times you need to advance? I set my Max frame to 1, would I still need to advance?

Uh, you have to have your parameters before you can abuse your TID anyway.
well thats what i was trying to do. it finally worked though. Even though i just did the exact same thing i did last time. Well, except i said i held down A. But i didnt even hold down A. dont know why that worked.

Well i'm new to this so i had no idea what you just said. but i didnt save so he was still there. i caught him again and finally set my parameters.
oh you used him to find your perimeters? oh wow i normally just catch a random wild using sweet scent then check the iv's to set my perimeters and jot down the time i hit when i loaded the game and the date to input it in the reporter...

edit: also if you have any key presses to hold stuff down it does but for perimeter set up i don't know what happen there lol...

guys when you start BW2 game you start outside the town, you know lady walks in to the house and you get to control your character.so because there is an NPC in the town does it affect (advance) the frames when rnging ID/SID.?

thx

For DSi / 3DS it took about a week (once the search was actually started), though I expect it will take less time for the English version since we know around where to look.
So they'd have to crack it once the English version was released (or some people here got early copies), and then update RNG Reporter. That could take days...

In the next version of PPRNG there will be a way to get your parameters without even starting a game by using the Unova Link.
Will this be in RNG Reporter too?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
guys when you start BW2 game you start outside the town, you know lady walks in to the house and you get to control your character.so because there is an NPC in the town does it affect (advance) the frames when rnging ID/SID.?

thx
ID abuse is done at the point where you're asked your name. There aren't any NPCs or anything to affect your frame.

And Pandora's Box is bugged in 9.95, so you may want to upgrade to 9.96.
I thought I'd follow that advice, and I now have 9.96 alpha 16, but I'm still having trouble with Pandora's Box.

I am actually getting "Seed Hit" results now, but they're wrong. For example, I'm trying to hit a seed on 17th May 2012 at 19:00:50 with Left as my only keypress, but when I type in the ID I hit, it tells me that, while I got the right date, I got the time 19:00:02 and held the Down button.

I'm quite sure I know which button is which and that my timing isn't THAT bad, so yeah, some help with this would be much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)