5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Just kidding, apparently the 3DS can't handle my internet for the DS settings either even though X works fine. This process is getting more and more silly.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Can you post the seed you're using, and the IVs you got?
8155B017495714CE
The last one I got was Hardy with a spread of 29/22/21/21/31/31
You should also listen to the Chatot pitches and see if they match. It will save you some time. Get a Chatot for fuck's sake. And keep at it, unless you're doing something wrong in the process. Didn't you say you don't like RNG abuse? What happened now...

EDIT: I don't know if this really matters for Wondercard abuse but you should at least try to find your SID using Pokecheck. Either that, or with an AR.
I'd download one from Pokecheck, but unfortunately, the intricacies of my university's wifi system don't allow a DS to connect with a 5th gen game :P I might try the Hidden Grotto, if it comes to that.
I'll keep at it, but I can't help think that something's wrong if I'm getting wrong natures and IV spreads that are nowhere close to the target...
As for my stance on RNG abuse, I'm ok with things like non-Kalos legends, which are nearly impossible to get competitive versions of by soft-resetting alone, as well as other things which are unobtainable in Kalos, such as Pokes with crucial Move Tutor moves :P

8155B017495714CE
The last one I got was Hardy with a spread of 29/22/21/21/31/31

I'd download one from Pokecheck, but unfortunately, the intricacies of my university's wifi system don't allow a DS to connect with a 5th gen game :P I might try the Hidden Grotto, if it comes to that.
I'll keep at it, but I can't help think that something's wrong if I'm getting wrong natures and IV spreads that are nowhere close to the target...
As for my stance on RNG abuse, I'm ok with things like non-Kalos legends, which are nearly impossible to get competitive versions of by soft-resetting alone, as well as other things which are unobtainable in Kalos, such as Pokes with crucial Move Tutor moves :P
your DS lite won't connect with a 5th gen game or your 3DS?
I had a problem with my old soulsilver game where it wouldn't play or connect on my 3ds. That's because it was a fake game even though it was purchased from Gamestop. :O
I also tried RNGing at that game, and none of the results were even close to what I wanted or expected.
I'm not saying that that's the case for your game though.
Try hitting it a few more times and note what you get. Eventually, you are bound to get the one you need. Are you sure there aren't any NPCs in the mart? Which one are you in?

Hello,I'm new
I search Azelf IV spread:
31/31/31/31/31/31
Naive and with the moove Stealth Rock
I can trade Shiney,Event UT,Shiney strategic

Sorry for my bad english,I'm french.

Thanks.

Sorry I don't know if it is the right thread

Hello,I'm new
I search Azelf IV spread:
31/31/31/31/31/31
Naive and with the moove Stealth Rock
I can trade Shiney,Event UT,Shiney strategic

Sorry for my bad english,I'm french.

Thanks.

Sorry I don't know if it is the right thread
Are you looking for help to RNG the Azelf and catch it yourself? Or are you trying to trade?
If you are trying to trade, you should post here instead :)

Copied and pasted from the question thread:
I need a little help with RNG Reporter since I'm trying to run it on a Mac and I'm having some issues.
PPRNG works wonders for me, but it just doesn't have the features to conduct SID/TID Manipulation on 4th gen games.
I'm familiar with all the RNG terms (Not a newbie LOL) since I've been RNG'ing for a long time already; just trying to expand my experience by moving to 4th gen RNG'ing.
Thanks~ ^__^

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Copied and pasted from the question thread:
I need a little help with RNG Reporter since I'm trying to run it on a Mac and I'm having some issues.
PPRNG works wonders for me, but it just doesn't have the features to conduct SID/TID Manipulation on 4th gen games.
I'm familiar with all the RNG terms (Not a newbie LOL) since I've been RNG'ing for a long time already; just trying to expand my experience by moving to 4th gen RNG'ing.
Thanks~ ^__^
I think you are looking for this thread.

Also, PPRNG supports 4th gen TID / SID abuse and has for a long time now.

Does taking away all your data on your 3DS force me to recalibrate or can i use the old profile in rng reporter?
Im working on learning to abuse hidden grottos (since it seems to be the only good way to get dittos in a reliable way), is it neccesary for me to learn to rng with chatot for that or can synchronizers still be used in grottos instead for manipulating na

Does taking away all your data on your 3DS force me to recalibrate or can i use the old profile in rng reporter?
Im working on learning to abuse hidden grottos (since it seems to be the only good way to get dittos in a reliable way), is it neccesary for me to learn to rng with chatot for that or can synchronizers still be used in grottos instead for manipulating na
Chatot definitely makes it easier to confirm if you have hit your seed and synch does work if i remember correctly.

Hello. I am a new user and i have been trying to rng in white2 for a few days now, but cant seem to figure it out.

Aftet setting my 3ds to an exact time and date and syncing it, i then try to narrow down my timer0 by sweet scenting in a cave, and using pokecheck. I plug in my results however, i seem to get a different timer0 everytime, and they range greatly. After repeating this process today i did manage to get 1672 timer0 more often. I then went to time finder and search for tge iv spread but only get results if i select keypresses, and even if i attempt to hit a given seed with the keypress it does not work. I know i am doing something wrong but cannot figure it out, i hope somebody may habe some advice and i apologize for the long post.
Btw, i am trying to catch Cobalion anf other stationary mons. Thank you.

Hello. I am a new user and i have been trying to rng in white2 for a few days now, but cant seem to figure it out.

Aftet setting my 3ds to an exact time and date and syncing it, i then try to narrow down my timer0 by sweet scenting in a cave, and using pokecheck. I plug in my results however, i seem to get a different timer0 everytime, and they range greatly. After repeating this process today i did manage to get 1672 timer0 more often. I then went to time finder and search for tge iv spread but only get results if i select keypresses, and even if i attempt to hit a given seed with the keypress it does not work. I know i am doing something wrong but cannot figure it out, i hope somebody may habe some advice and i apologize for the long post.
Btw, i am trying to catch Cobalion anf other stationary mons. Thank you.
Timer0 can be a b*tch in BW2, but you will eventually get the hang of it!
How great are the ranges? I see you hit 1672 more than the others, so you should try setting that as your calibrated timer0 and then try to actually RNG the Cobalion (just for IVs first to check whether or not you've hit your seed or not).
If you have no keypresses to hold, DO NOT press any buttons until the gamefreak screen has finished. If you have a key to press, hold that key in before pressing A to start the game :)
Maybe you have pressed A during the first screens and that's why you only get results for keypresses?

Hmm. When you say calibrate the 1672 to my timer0 does that just mean to add it to profile and search for a seed, then set the date and time to one givrn after i generate? My ranges are usually all over the place, but i notice certain ones more than others, for instance i get 167E often, as well as 1672, 1678 and sometimes 167B. When i am trying find a reoccuring timer0 by using sweet scent, must i enter a new date and time for every capture? Or once my ds is synced yo a clock can i keep the time and change the date? As for the keypresses, i do not press anything until the GameFreak screen, however, i was under the assumption that when holding a key that you did so afterstarting the game up until the white Nintendo screen, thats the way ive been doing so, but only when trying to hit the perfect iv seed for cobalion.

I guess im still unsure about the whole thing, if i am capturing several Pokemon using sweet scent, then sending the timer0 most occuring to profile and using time finder, my goal is to find a perfect iv seed with that timer0 correct?

Hmm. When you say calibrate the 1672 to my timer0 does that just mean to add it to profile and search for a seed, then set the date and time to one givrn after i generate? My ranges are usually all over the place, but i notice certain ones more than others, for instance i get 167E often, as well as 1672, 1678 and sometimes 167B. When i am trying find a reoccuring timer0 by using sweet scent, must i enter a new date and time for every capture? Or once my ds is synced yo a clock can i keep the time and change the date? As for the keypresses, i do not press anything until the GameFreak screen, however, i was under the assumption that when holding a key that you did so afterstarting the game up until the white Nintendo screen, thats the way ive been doing so, but only when trying to hit the perfect iv seed for cobalion.

I guess im still unsure about the whole thing, if i am capturing several Pokemon using sweet scent, then sending the timer0 most occuring to profile and using time finder, my goal is to find a perfect iv seed with that timer0 correct?
what I would suggest is actually to download PPRNG and then try to calibrate using the Unova Link option, because then you can see exactly what timer0 you hit and also the second you hit. You might have gotten the wrong second, which is why you can't find the seed. You can find info on it here: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pprng_gen5_02_basics#s4-link-calibration

Yeah, when you have a keypress, I usually hold it in before even starting the game from the 3ds menu :)

You can change the seed as you wish, but usually when you calibrate, you'd want to start the same seed everytime. You could calibrate using the stationary legend though instead of sweet scent and pokecheck, and then just put the legends stats into an IV calculator :)

Hi, need help!

In white, I was able to RNG perfect wild pokemon with standard seed and produce perfect and shiny eggs.
Then something happened. Eggs wouldn't hacht correct anymore (it was not a near frame, but a frame that was not on the seed), and also chatot's cry started around frame 57 when before it started at around 48.
Then I also went to check at the second I always found perfect dittos and it wouldn't work anymore.

I didn't change ds/cartridge. C-gear is off.

The only thing I have done that might have triggered it is changing gba game and putting pokemon leafgreen on.

Anyway, after all this I recalibrated, tried if wild standard seed pokemon were perfect but nothing.
When I hit the seed I start in IVframe 4 at either timer0 C7D or C7D. When I hit the second before my target time it starts at frame 1 of timer0 C7C. Also sometimes I don't even know what frame/seed it is. I'm very confused.

Does anyone know what may have happened?

Last edited:
Ok i am going to attempt the unova link route.. do i need to enter a completely new date and time for each key spin?

Edit - ive done this unova link calibration a few times now but have only received a result once... and the numbers didnt seem right. My clock is synced and i am entering the chosen date and taking note of the arrows starting position a min of 7 times.. getting nothing though..

Last edited:
Ok i am going to attempt the unova link route.. do i need to enter a completely new date and time for each key spin?

Edit - ive done this unova link calibration a few times now but have only received a result once... and the numbers didnt seem right. My clock is synced and i am entering the chosen date and taking note of the arrows starting position a min of 7 times.. getting nothing though..
Hmmm, you have your DS synced up to EonTimer right? That way, you will know exactly when you should enter the game.
You do not need to enter a new date and time for each keyspin. It's better if you do all the keyspins at once.
1. enter the game at a specific time and date.
2. go to unova link, key processes etc.
3. Take a note of where the spinner is, press B, take a note of where the spinner is, press B etc..

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hmmm, you have your DS synced up to EonTimer right? That way, you will know exactly when you should enter the game.
You do not need to enter a new date and time for each keyspin. It's better if you do all the keyspins at once.
1. enter the game at a specific time and date.
2. go to unova link, key processes etc.
3. Take a note of where the spinner is, press B, take a note of where the spinner is, press B etc..
Adding onto this, find the direction of the spinner about eight times for each attempt, to eliminate other matches.

I'm having trouble RNGing a certain event pokemon. On my Japanese version of Black (which I've RNGed several event pokemon on with no trouble until now), I'm trying to RNG the Shiny Genesect from the movie event. I have concluded it always has a hasty nature and IVs of 31 in atk and speed since it has had that every single time. I would assume that means you can just RNG like usual and just ignore the nature and those particular IVs like with other such cases. That would make this one easy since I could just look up a seed with perfect IVs in the other four stats and not worry about the nature. But that hasn't been the case. Every time I try to RNG it, I end up getting IVs in its other four stats that don't match anything in the used seed or any of the countless adjacent ones (I check as far as +/- 100 frames and several seconds, and nothing...).
So after countless frustrations I decided to try an experiment. I happen to have one more event pokemon afer that genesect (a Jirachi). I still really want to get that Genesect done right, but would have to get rid of it to do this, so I borrowed an NDS adaptor from a friend to make a back up save just before accepting and releasing it to test things with the Jirachi. I looked up a seed that would result in a mild nature and perfect IVs. After numerous attempts with the Genesect using that very seed, the two results were always either [HP 21, Def 31, SpAtk 13, SpDef 23] or [HP 19, Def 15/16, SpAtk 8, SpDef 11] . So I then tried that exact same seed with the Jirachi. And voila, it had a mild nature with perfect IVs in the very first try just as RNG reporter reported!
So does that particular wondercard pokemon have a different method of generation than other wondercard pokemon? Is there ay way to RNG it?

Last edited:

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
So does that particular wondercard pokemon have a different method of generation than other wondercard pokemon? Is there ay way to RNG it?
Sort of and yes.

When an IV of a Wondercard is fixed the game does not make an RNG call for that IV (and similarly for other details such as the nature), so in the case of Shiny Genesect it only uses 4 RNG calls to generate the IVs instead of 6. This shifts the frame that the PID is taken from, and it would affect the nature frame as well except that the nature is fixed. Having various fixed details also affects the number of RNG calls made before the interesting parts of the Pokemon are generated; the more fixed details there are, the fewer number of RNG calls made. That means that the frame number calculated by RNG Reporter or PPRNG (Mac version) will be incorrect.

You should be able to search for a seed with 4 perfect IVs in HP, Atk, Def, and Spa, and through trial and error be able to work out how many PID advances you will actually need to do to get them into the HP, Def, Spa, and Spd slots. Or, if you have an iOS device, the iOS version of PPRNG supports these kinds of Wondercards directly, but it will cost you a dollar (or local equivalent) to unlock the Wondercard searching functionality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)