5th Generation Confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if the weird typing couldn't get any weirder...Electric/Ground? As far as what Pokemon and cool or crappy or just plain "where the heck did that come from?" is all really subjective. Of course, I'd have to say Magmortar looks like something off of Megaman, Purugly should have been left at the drawing board (though Glameow looks...okay) and Mime Jr. ...just no. *has no comment*

If that's true about Arceus though, thanks goodness because it would be rather hard to outmatch a god. Though actually, it seems more feasible than anything-but is it just me, or did Arceus only created Sinnoh as people know it, not the whole Pokemon realm? *wonders* Because Arceus being the god clashes with Mew being the origin of all pokemon-unless he just got lazy and made Mew do all the pokemon-bearing *sweatdrop*

What I'm hoping for is more creative ways of evolution (as if held items and day/night combinations aren't enough) and maybe perhaps a way to go to that time before Arceus...? (a possibility?)

The day that Pokemon ends is the day that Nintendo goes bankrupt. Which is practically never. Darn money milkers-but they sure did it right.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The legends have been getting bigger and more grand in each Generation, but I honestly don't see how they could get bigger or grander.

In 3rd Gen, Groundon was the Power of Land and Kyogre the Power of the Sea. Presumably, they basically created the Earth. Rayquaza probably had something to do with the atmosphere.

Now, in 4th Gen, we have:
  1. Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie, the Beings of Emotion, Willpower, and Intelligence, the source of the human soul.
  2. Giratina, who resides in a parallel dimension or something.
  3. Palkia, the Creator of Space, and Dialga, the Creator of Time.
  4. ARCEUS, who is the damn ORIGINAL ONE and was basically the Pokemon version of the Big Bang.
Honesty, I really want to see whether they can make a Legend that is better than the One that made the Ones that made Space and Time. It just doesn't seem possible.

Or will 5th Gen regress in Legendary power (at least storyline-wise, if not stat-wise) to something more realistic?
I had thought of that, and the best (heh) idea I had for the Uber trio was a Sun, a Moon, and their offspring (!), the Eclipse. Sun is male-only and gets Drought, Moon is female-only and gets Drizzle, Eclipse is genderless and gets auto-Gravity.

I didn't have much ideas related to the legendary trio and such :( As everybody now is anti-global warming, maybe they'll do something related to the poor whales and pandas and trees that are killed every year by the sick evil humans?

um, from what I know, when the creator of Pokemon made the original idea, he had more than 500 potential ideas to work with. The original 151 is the ones who made the cut, and then the later ones are refined and so forth.

The day they will stop making more Pokemon is when Nintendo is over, which is... never.

Oh, and it does print money.
Now say that to the hordes of retarded fanboys who think first Gen is the best. When will they realize they like it not because it's the best ever done, but just because they're nostalgic about it? :/

Also, I am still eagerly awaiting the evolution to Girafarig: Gazelezag!
I don't even like Girafarig, but I fully support this evolution.

I wonder how the 5th generation will fit in when it comes to appearance.

1st gen: Badass pokémon with some cute ones, very few shitty ones
2nd gen: Cute pokémon with some badass ones, a few shitty ones
3rd gen: A lot of shitty pokémon with some cuteones, a few badass ones
4th gen: Funky looking pokémon with a mix of badass, cute and shitty
5th gen: Funky cute-looking pokémon that are both badass AND shitty.

Cool, eh?

Mewtwo - Frankenstein's monster? Human creation?
I'd say "humankind", as it has Blaine's DNA.

- Destruction (Arceus' opposite)
Which would be the Eclipse I mentioned in the beginning of the post.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm interested in seeing how Gamefreak outdoes itself in legendaries this time around. Every generation they seem to have to get more and more apocalyptic.

For me, first gen is my favorite, but yeah...pretty much for nostalgia reasons.

The appearance of a Pokemon is subjective. I recall Nintendo Power praising Diamond and Pearl for having the best set of Pokemon since the original 151. They are bound to change in style as more people are involved in the decision making, but that doesn't make them any better or worse.
Subjective or not, there is no way in hell anyone is going to convince me they believe gen 3 looked best.

Giratina - Black Hole? (If it does control dimensions it's pretty odd it can't learn Trick Room)
If it represents a black hole I find it pretty odd it can't learn Gravity.

Shaymin - ???
Fortune?

Sorry, that was a pathetic satirical joke. Seriously though, the Pokedex entry suggests it is representative of healing in nature, although that would make it very similar to Celebi. Then again I always thought Celebi was the Time Pokemon until Dialga came along.

Do you really think all 5 would fit in one little game cartage? Common sense now..
If 5th Gen is released on DS it will be the first time two successive generations have appeared on the same handheld format. Having said that though, I don't think Nintendo would do anything like this without releasing multiple versions to spread it out. They make more money that way you see. There's also the possibility of something like two previous lands per version, but that would be an inefficient moneymaking tactic too.

No worse than Dragon/Flying or Dragon/Ground.
Yes it is. More weaknesses due to grass typing, and less resists because they all overlap. Unless multiple 4x resists are that important...

I'm predicting at least three elemental types, much like the birds and beasts. Heck, it could be elemental dragons for crying out loud...water (or ice), electric, and fire...

Grass/Dragon has always interested me since its dual types seems to be exact opposite of the previous dragons, where all had more ATK than SPATk. I see a GRASS/DRAGON as a successor of Sceptile if its base stats are 600, knows diverse movesets, is mostly a special sweeper, etc.

Another crazy yet somewhat unoriginal theme could involve DARK vs LIGHT. Giratina and Team Galatic's futuristic goals sort of prove how according to the Pokemon timeline, things have been getting darker.

Remember now, Gen II and IV happens after Gen I and III. Both II and IV dealt with the whole idea of fascism...I'm referencing Team Rocket's and Team Galatic's goals as a reference...

One more thing. Whoever said Darkrai is a symbolism of darkness is wrong.

Darkrai is best described as one's nightmare/bad dreams. It's a part of darkness but not really darkness itself. Same with Cresseilia who isn't light/rainbow itself but is instead, a part of it.

It's about time DARK (darkness) has an exact counterpart..which would be LIGHT. Um, without wanting to refer to religious studying of LIGHT and DARK, I would recommend you guys to understand the concept behind Yugioh's DARK and LIGHT attributes and Metroid Echoes's.

Another crazy yet somewhat unoriginal theme could involve DARK vs LIGHT. Giratina and Team Galatic's futuristic goals sort of prove how according to the Pokemon timeline, things have been getting darker.

Remember now, Gen II and IV happens after Gen I and III. Both II and IV dealt with the whole idea of fascism...I'm referencing Team Rocket's and Team Galatic's goals as a reference...
The first generation was by FAR the darkest generation. Even with them being toned down in the remakes you can still see this. The Kanto region was absolutely crawling with criminal activities prior to G/S/C. Gamblers, Team Rocket, random thieves, biker gangs, and the only games to feature an opponent that wasn't a generic pokemon (it was the ghost of a recently deceased generic pokemon) Also, take a look at the original first gen npc trainer sprites and count the number of trainers with whips. The series has gotten far, far lighter in tone since then. Though 4th gen was darker than the 3rd generation, it doesn't hold a candle to the first generation.

I highly doubt Team Galactic are even going to be mentioned in the 5th gen games, let alone have any involvement in the plot. Each new generation of pokemon is designed with the intent of building a new fanbase. Any sense of continuity after the second generation games is barely alluded to, with Fr/Lg being the only games to make any major attempt.

It's about time DARK (darkness) has an exact counterpart..which would be LIGHT. Um, without wanting to refer to religious studying of LIGHT and DARK, I would recommend you guys to understand the concept behind Yugioh's DARK and LIGHT attributes and Metroid Echoes's.
I always thought Psychic was considered as "Light", why else would Dark type be stronger than Psychic? But that's just me. I'm all for a new typing, however if it overcomplicated or over centralizes the metagame then I'd rather not have a new typing. The only reason why Dark and Steel type existed was to balance the metagame against Psychics.

Mario With Lasers

Lol, its color scheme and such reminds me a lot of Naruto.

If it's really a pokémon, I liked it. It's cute. I just think that hat is really out of place... Well, 5th gen Pidgey, anyone?

He says the trailer shows Raisoro's ears. It's horns are small, but grow by absorbing electricity. It seems to be a "Lucario" Pokemon, a guardian of sorts although it's really small.
CoroCoro also reveals a short summary...here's some rough info.

* Town is called Gurecian.
*Basically Raisoro befriends the group, their is a festival going on to worship Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina attack
* I think they time travel back to when the ruins was still a city, and witness the birth of life. (!!!) aka Arceus, I guess from that trailer.

Mario With Lasers

If we're going to see Arceus being born, this movie will be totally badass. There was no other legendary that has been "created" before, only "awakened". Kind of ironic they're going to show the creation of the Pokémon God...

NO! Electric type Rat-Dog is a nightmare.

For fuck's sake, GF, there is a reason Tajiri designed the original 251.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yeah. That is a screenshot from a really long time ago. The ninja bird is from a different anime and has no relation to Pokemon.

Fighting is the opposite to Dark, because Dark types are evil, and Fighters are honorable. That's also why Fighting is super effective against Dark.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion

PokeBeach.com said:
As stated in the news article from yesterday, the new Pokemon could be a character from another manga in CoroCoro, since the magazine traditionally combines characters and content together from different works on the same pages. It turns out that this was the case. The "Pokemon" was actually a character named "Benkei" from a Duel Masters manga.
So, no new Pokemon image... yet. There is still a "New Pokemon A" and "New Pokemon B" to be revealed soon, though. Click the image to the right for a larger picture.

PokeBeach.com said:
Could this be "New Pokemon A" or "New Pokemon B?" It was featured on one of the movie 11 manga pages from yesterday, but was given no special acknowledgment in the actual advertisement. It could just be some weird old man (make that very weird) who is in the story, someone's possible disguise or alternate form, or, if all else fails, a new Pokemon. It may even be from another manga advertised in the magazine, since the art style is not similar to the rest of the page, and CoroCoro often likes to combine their content together. Right now, the only thing we can do is speculate until the next CoroCoro issue is released, although it may just turn out to be nothing special.
The character was from Duel Masters and even has a different style of art. It just ended up on the same page as the 11th movie for some reason.

I want to see a mono-dragon pokemon. Maybe it'll represent...purity? I can imagine a pure dragon being totally white.

But then you need something to represent evil. Dark/Poison? That's pretty badass typing too. No psychic/fighting/bug weakness, and only one ground weakness.

Articuno - Snow
Zapdos - Thunder
Moltres - Fire
Mewtwo - Human corruption?
Mew - Origin
Raikou - Lightning
Entei - Heat
Suicune - North Wind
Lugia - Guardian of the Sea
Ho-Oh - Guardian of the Sky
Celebi - Nature
Regirock - Rock (Stone Age)
Regice - Ice (Ice Age)
Registeel - Steel (Iron Age)
Latias/Latios - Eon
Kyogre - Ocean
Groudon - Land
Rayquaza - Sky
Jirachi- Wish
Deoxys - Alien
Uxie - Knowledge
Mesprit - Emotion
Azelf - Willpower
Dialga - Time
Palkia - Space
Giratina - Death (I'd say Giratina represents the Grim Reaper...)
Cresselia - Dreams
Heatran - Volcano
Regigigas - Continental Drift
Manaphy - Kind of a... Sea wanderer...?
Darkrai - Nightmares
Shaymin - Flowers?
Arceus - Creation

=============================================
We could make a friggin religion.

Anyway, bring the 5th generation of Pokemon on! All the stages of hype and theorymoning... I was never here for those days, so it'd be cool to go through it for the newest gen. Who knows what kind of huge metagame changing moves/Pokemon could come about?

Yeah the fact that people think that nintendo will run out of ideas is pretty absurd look at the fakemons that just normal people with no proffession can create just on this site. Then look at Nintendo who have thousands of people working for them with a proffession in computer designing and have probabably spent the last 15 years thinking about pokemon. For all we know they could already have 5 more generations of pokemon lined up and they just need to create a storyline. Although that does seem a bit extreme, its just an example.

Fighting is the opposite to Dark, because Dark types are evil, and Fighters are honorable. That's also why Fighting is super effective against Dark.
You're sort of implying that only Warriors can fight true evil without the addition/assitance of magicians/sorcerers/spiritual beings AKA light.

Fighting IMO is only a part of true light/rainbow. It's what makes up the Justice of human kind...but justice is defined entirely different by dark and light beings because everyone has different goals and such. I don't see all Fighters as being Honorable...would you say towards a FIGHTING/DARK or a DARK/STEEL?

The only reason why Dark and Steel type existed was to balance the metagame against Psychics.
I disagree that's the ONLY reason. It may be the #1 reason but you can't deny that the addition of new types benefited some other "inferior" types such as FIRE, FIGHTING, BUG, etc.

Meanwhile, the benefits of DARK and STEEL did not (and still has not) benefited other "inferior" types...such as GRASS, POISON, FLYING, ROCK etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)