5th Generation Confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Arael. I am christian and I really wouldnt even attempt to go catcha Satan pokemon. And since pokemon is meant to be for kids it woulnt be there. A LOT OF PEOPLE would sue if their 8 yr old was running around saying. 'Mommy look at the new pokemon I cought its called (made this up) SATANAIA. The mom would look at it and probably sue. They already had the incident with Jynx. Pokemon itself goes againts religion and to have a satan. The game probably wouldnt be sold or be rated M or some shit. This decreases nintendos profits from the little 8 yr olds who go to buy the games. And fuck pichu man honestly, they shoould just stop making new pokemon. If there is a +5th generation we are bound to have 1,000 pokemon and the other 500 being pointless and repeats of the pokemon that already excist. If there is a legendary that controls cold that comes out (articuno has taken this spot) Theyre just gonna make other repeats like other dimesion alterers and other pokemon that control space and time. Seriously nintendo should just STOP. The last generation should be the 4th I mean we{ve already got a glance on 1 pointless pokemon(New Form of Pichu) Pretty soon theres going to be different forms of all pokemon. Now, The rotoms are new and I know their good but think of what they really are. They are appliances.... When we all used to be in the 1st to about the 4th generation of pokemon we thought of them as monsters, pets, etc. Now we get appliances....We should expect new pokemon that represent fucking CDs, Chairs, Computers, Shoes, Etc. Nintendo, give it a rest...

Yeah, I too think that they shouldn't cross the line and make a satan pokemon. Treading into religious territory is typically a bad idea... imagine if they made a pokemon from other religions like a scientology pokemon, or an Allah pokemon, people would still freak out.

Im with you there skiddle if. If nintedo wants to be sued, have their games M rated, and have less people buying the game they are retarted. E games sell much more better than ones not everyone can play. And like I said before, it doesnt even make sense to put a 5th generation. Also, how can the Pichu be considered 5th generation if it is a different form. Then the rotoms would have to be from the 5th generation. So really we aren{t confirmed to be in the 5th generation after all

I doubt it'd get an M rating, typically there has to be sexual content or gore to get past E-10 or T, but I do think that it would get a lot of flak from whatever religion they borrowed ideas from.

Yeah, no way Nintendo's going into religion.

But I think the "notched-ear" Pichu has some promise. The web site about the movie specifically called it a female, which would indicate gender differences. With Pichu not normally having any gender differences and being a major Johto pokemon, it could indicate that the region is going to be revisited soon.

And there were several lawsuits against pokemon, most famously the psychic suing over Kadabra paroding himself and racial Jynx overtones.

To Arael. I am christian and I really wouldnt even attempt to go catcha Satan pokemon. And since pokemon is meant to be for kids it woulnt be there. A LOT OF PEOPLE would sue if their 8 yr old was running around saying. 'Mommy look at the new pokemon I cought its called (made this up) SATANAIA. The mom would look at it and probably sue. They already had the incident with Jynx. Pokemon itself goes againts religion and to have a satan. The game probably wouldnt be sold or be rated M or some shit. This decreases nintendos profits from the little 8 yr olds who go to buy the games.
Gamefreak has already gotten away with making an alliusion to Satan, or at least pokemon that could be described as his counter parts(things seen as evil by the religious). Houndoom embodies Cerberus the guardian of Hades and has horns that look similar to the devil. Murkrow emboides witchcraft. If I recall correct I do remember a fuss being started about those two pokemon. The again I remember some religious factions wanted pokemon banned in general because thier kids were playing with "Demons". As long as it's not a direct comparison, like Jynx to black face (You can see how eeriely similar it was when compared directly to pictures of black face) then no problems should occur.

And fuck pichu man honestly, they shoould just stop making new pokemon. If there is a +5th generation we are bound to have 1,000 pokemon and the other 500 being pointless and repeats of the pokemon that already excist. If there is a legendary that controls cold that comes out (articuno has taken this spot) Theyre just gonna make other repeats like other dimesion alterers and other pokemon that control space and time. Seriously nintendo should just STOP. The last generation should be the 4th I mean we{ve already got a glance on 1 pointless pokemon(New Form of Pichu) Pretty soon theres going to be different forms of all pokemon. Now, The rotoms are new and I know their good but think of what they really are. They are appliances.... When we all used to be in the 1st to about the 4th generation of pokemon we thought of them as monsters, pets, etc. Now we get appliances....We should expect new pokemon that represent fucking CDs, Chairs, Computers, Shoes, Etc. Nintendo, give it a rest...
Aww, I think pichu is adorable and obviously Nintendo wanted to bring one of the cutest pokemon into the spotlight again. Lol, really telling a successful business to stop producing just because it's older gamers are getting sick of it? Okay...

I guess the Pichu can be seen at a return to Johto tease, but Gamefreak has been teasing us with that for a while now.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I agree they shouldn't make satanic pokémon, and they know that too. They aren't idiots. I just asked if they have been already sued before.

And something that has crossed my mind, and was posted before, is that 5th gen will be truly completely new. First we had 1st (really), and then 2nd that was basically an "extension" of 1st. Then we had 3rd with a completely different style and then 4th, which is also "different" than the others but still a lot linked with 3rd. I see those "new pokémon are digimons" comments coming not because they really are digimons (which is a pretty vague assumption), but because they have a different style and people just can't accept it. It doesn't matter if it's better or worse, the point is that it could be the best style ever designed by men but yet people would complain because it's not what they grew up with.

An example of "new generation" that I think could completely happen is this Fakedex, made by Aminako from Deviantart. The first fakemon seemed pretty bad to me at first, but once I got to Sweetzel, I started liking them and seeing them all as pokémon. I can't really explain this gen's "style", but you can see that they're different of any other generation. Yet, a lot of them (or even they all?) could be mistaken as new "pokémon", but also having some "links" to older gens, just like 4th and 3rd had (yet using their proper styles). Rattarus could be mistaken with a 1st gen pokémon and Sleambeav could be from any generation, as examples. Almost the entire fake gen can't be really put in a specific gen, but can't really be called "digimons". They're just like your average Rapidash, Aggron, Lanturn, Pidgeot, Gyarados, Zangoose. Thye just have... more colors. Are they not pokémon anymore because of that?

Why do we want a billion new evolutions and preevs anyway? boring.
Although some new evo's would be pretty tight. =7

Any new water/bug would bug the heck outta everyone. NO on SURSKIT.

Why would anyone even THINK that nintendo would make a satan poke?

draceon would be tight but not mence kinda tight. Maybe a bulky dragon- oh wait thats dragonite shouting out from the corner "my job!"

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Having thousands of Pokemon isn't inconvenient from solely a competitive standpoint, hell, I find it difficult to remember all the D/P Pokemon xD

Whatever they do, they should always make all the Pokemon available. They shouldn't take out anything in the subsequent 47634785th generation, because that would just be bad PR for fan loyalty.

You people don't seem to realize that each new generation is not only there to cater to the older players. Each new generation is meant to draw in new players. Needless to say, new pre-evo's, evo's, and Pokemon are needed in order to do this.

Stop complaining that there will soon be X hundred/thousand Pokemon and there will be too much to counter. Nintendo is not catering to the competitive players because we are the minority. As long as they are making money they will keep making new Pokemon. The system of introducing new Pokemon works, and has worked since generation two and above. They aren't ever going to change that.

Oh and the generation 1 fanboys need to stop now. Generation one was in now way better than generation 2+ in Pokemon design. There were some awesome designs, but a lot of them were pretty uninspired. In fact I would even go as far as to say that generation 4 has had the best designs in the series so far.
Agreeing 100% with this. In fact, a pokebeach interview with some guy a while back basically confirmed it. Each new generation is designed with the intent of getting a new generation of kids hooked, which is why the series and the anime will never stop. Ash will forever remain 10, never accomplish a thing, and have the reset button pushed on him at the start of the next generation.

People have also been making the 'digimon' complaint since the second generation. It was as baseless then as it is now. The only major style differences have been 5 of the legendary pokemon (Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia) in which they have a lot of markings on their body. They stand out quite a bit compared to most pokemon.

I liked gen 3 the best. There was some flops, but so many cool pokes like cacturne, claydol, banette, metagross...

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
lol man thats funny

why should they cater to us?
because we can OHKO the noobs, thats why.
.....did you understand what I meant by that post at all? =/ Especially by the phrase "fan loyalty"?

Old and new fans alike would go ballistic if any of the old Pokemon were taken out in subsequent games. I haven't seen the reactions from people from when R/S came out before FR/LG were announced, though. Remember, it's both the 8 year olds and fans who have liked Pokemon since the beginning (i.e. me) that make each gen sell iirc 10+ million copies despite a "kiddy" rep outside of Japan.

I haven't seen the reactions from people from when R/S came out before FR/LG were announced, though.
I have. There was an epic bitch-storm that ensued when not all of the original 251 Pokemon weren't in RS originally.

Not to mention the competitive rift that opened (200 play was the end result for the 3rd gen). When you have a 160+ post topic on a prominent message board called "Butterfree's Cheapness Revisited", you know weird things are going on.

It has to actually exist in a game's code (and, apparently, be officially released) for that to happen, Eeveetrainer.

Right now it's just an anime thing.

...Also, it seems like Gen V is still a while off. This thread was fun, but it's likely the "new pokemon" to be revealed soon is just Arceus. As such, we shouldn't expect a new entry in the series for some time yet.

no metagross in dp metagame?

I liked gen 3 the best. There was some flops, but so many cool pokes like cacturne, claydol, banette, metagross...
uhhh, those are still there in 4th gen. lol

I dont mean take out pokemon. if i said that i would stone myself.
Taking out pokes would suck.

I mean the programmers should do things that make us happy, because then we'll be happier.
That's all that matters. Who cares if the 2nd gym leader keeps pwning some noob? I care about decentralizing the metagame and keeping it fresh.

That's all that matters. Who cares if the 2nd gym leader keeps pwning some noob? I care about decentralizing the metagame and keeping it fresh.
Competitive pokemon players are the minority, and not the target audience. That 'noob' being 'pwned' by the second gym leader? THAT is who they target. A balanced metagame metagame is near the bottom of their list, just under "cool new ideas that don't care about balance" Anything they do try to balance will inevitably be overcompensated for, like Regigigas, or overlooked, like Garchomp and Wobbuffet. The Battle Tower/Frontier is pretty much their sole gift to competitive players, aside from playing against each other.

You know, now that I think about it, while pokemon is doing great right now I cringe at the thought of what it might be like further down the road. All those crazy/stupid ideas for new games you see people post around the internet? Well somewhere down the road, these people could very well end up in GameFreak designing pokemon/pokemon games. Anytime 'fans' of a series get involved in its creation/design, its inevitably ruined. Whether its Star Trek, Spiderman, or Pokemon, they will have their own ideas for how their favorite series should be, alienate the majority of the series fanbase with these ideas, and then declare its somehow better.

I don't think its any coincidence that Nintendo tends to make their best and most profitable games when they completely ignore their fanbase.

To Arael. I am christian and I really wouldnt even attempt to go catcha Satan pokemon. And since pokemon is meant to be for kids it woulnt be there. A LOT OF PEOPLE would sue if their 8 yr old was running around saying. 'Mommy look at the new pokemon I cought its called (made this up) SATANAIA. The mom would look at it and probably sue. They already had the incident with Jynx. Pokemon itself goes againts religion and to have a satan. The game probably wouldnt be sold or be rated M or some shit. This decreases nintendos profits from the little 8 yr olds who go to buy the games. And fuck pichu man honestly, they shoould just stop making new pokemon. If there is a +5th generation we are bound to have 1,000 pokemon and the other 500 being pointless and repeats of the pokemon that already excist. If there is a legendary that controls cold that comes out (articuno has taken this spot) Theyre just gonna make other repeats like other dimesion alterers and other pokemon that control space and time. Seriously nintendo should just STOP. The last generation should be the 4th I mean we{ve already got a glance on 1 pointless pokemon(New Form of Pichu) Pretty soon theres going to be different forms of all pokemon. Now, The rotoms are new and I know their good but think of what they really are. They are appliances.... When we all used to be in the 1st to about the 4th generation of pokemon we thought of them as monsters, pets, etc. Now we get appliances....We should expect new pokemon that represent fucking CDs, Chairs, Computers, Shoes, Etc. Nintendo, give it a rest...
Nintendo is a private sector corporation and thus has the right to include any content, religious or other-wise, in their games. Any lawsuit brought against Nintendo on the basis that they made a Satan Pokemon should be thrown out on its ass and ridiculed.

Granted, the PR fury might not be good, but I personally think that the fundamentalist assholes need to shut up, let the world run itself, and not dictate their shitty morality to everyone else. The world will not fall apart at the seams from a Satan Pokemon, just like it won't fall apart from homosexuality, abortion, or any of those other things they make a too-big shit storm about.

For people that are so sure that their faith is right, they're awful damn insecure about it.

Now that the rant's over, I think it'd be pretty nice to have a Pokemon based on Asura, a Buddhist god with 6 arms and 3 heads. Unless we already have it and I'm missing something.

Oh, and we can't forget the Hydra, possibly another Dragon/Water like Kingdra.

Well the "hidden" pokemon is Pichu. They are going to shoe a "5th generation" pokemon next month, it could possibly be Arceus or another 5th genmon.

Well, given that the n00bs or the parents of n00bs are the ones that buy the games and shell out the money for everything, and so many competitive gamers don't even play on the carts and would rather use Shoddy to play, I can see why GF and Nintendo would want to cater to them and not us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)