Movepool Revisions - Overview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved and sponsored by tennisace.

If you are not an experienced member of the CAP community, it is strongly recommended that you do not post in this thread.

This thread is intended to contain intelligent discussion and commentary by experienced members of the CAP project regarding CAP policy, process, and rules. As such, the content of this thread will be moderated more strictly than other threads on the forum. This is not a Policy Review thread, but requires intelligent posting and serious thought put into every post made.
Introduction
Movepools have been a long and standing issue with CAPs. Finally, in a recent Policy Review thread located here, new requirements and restrictions were placed on CAP movepools in order to bring them back in-line with what a normal OU Pokemon would have. This process guide page describes in greater detail the restrictions and requirements placed on CAP movepools.

This is all immediately relevant because we will, as a community, be reviewing every CAP movepool to date in order to come into compliance with these restrictions and requirements. There are several important considerations for what will be going down with this, however, before we begin with the revisions themselves.
Philosophy
The philosophy of this set of revisions is not so much to revise CAPs to be better or more fair in the CAP metagame, but rather to revert each movepool to the stage where it might have been had the above restrictions been in place during its creation. Because of this, the way the leaders of individual CAP movepool reversions are chosen, as well as how they must conduct their movepool reversion, must adhere to the following guidelines.

• Original authors of movepools have the highest priority in running their respectively won movepool reversions.
  • After the original author of the movepool, respected members of the community who were present for that era of the CAP project are prioritized for working on a movepool. These movepools must be revised based on the conditions and metagame features of the time period within which they are created.
  • All CAPs that have been previously revised will be reverted to their absolute original forms (including abilities and stats) before the movepool requirements and restrictions will be applied to them.
  • The focus of this reversion project is to objectively apply, as closely as possible, the new movepool requirements and restrictions to all previous CAPs. The keyword here is "objectively," wherein we cannot add arbitrary moves because we know/think they will be fair. We must adhere to the concepts and the original movepools as closely as possible.
  • This project is not for the faint of heart. If you are chosen to revise one or more of the CAP movepools, I will be breathing down your neck to make sure that it's done right. Furthermore, it will require a lot of research on your part in order to verify that your movepool is meeting the theme of that CAP process, the concept for that CAP, the metagame at that point (including any currently banned Pokemon that may have been allowed then), etc. You may be required to cite your research for review before the movepool is considered complete.
  • Before any movepool is considered finished, it will be reviewed by myself, tennisace, and any other interested CAP moderators for objectivity. This is when you may be required to present your research. A lot of information from the older CAPs can be found in this thread.
  • All signature moves (Sacred Fire, Heart Swap, Volt Tackle, etc.) are considered VGMs.
  • All competitively viable moves for a specific CAP that are not VGMs are considered VGMs. (Such as AncientPower on Technician Pokemon or Wood Hammer on Pyroak)
  • All tutor moves are available to all CAPs. Despite CAPs being updated to their stage when they were made, we are allowing all tutor moves for the sake of being up-to-date with the fourth generation, even if that CAP was created before HGSS or Platinum.
  • No movepool will be uploaded to the CAP server until all of the movepools are completed.
  • The deadline for the completion of this project in its entirety is whenever CAP11's playtesting period ends. That means that we're on a timeline and people working on movepools cannot slack off until the very end.
Phew! So now that you're acquainted with the process and a bit of how it's being run, there are ten CAPs that we need to review the movepools for. Below is a list of the CAPs in order, as well as a listing of the original authors for the movepools. If you would like to put in your name for the running of one of the CAPs' movepools, please submit yourself below and include the information as shown below the following list.

Name: Your name, easy.

CAP that you want to review:
The CAP's name, easy.

What qualifications you have for reviewing this CAP:
Include qualifications such as if you were around for that CAP, if you participated in its creation and subsequent playtesting, if you happened to be a top contender in the movepool submission stage for that CAP, if you're a great member of the CAP community, etc. This is where you basically tell me that you've got what it takes to run a movepool revision and are not going to ditch out or slack off until the last minute.
In addition to the CAPs requiring their revisions, they will not all be done at once. We are running this revision process in tandem with CAP11, and we do not want to distract all of our best users from the process involved in CAP11. Because of this, only two CAP revisions may be taking place at a given time. When one "finishes" and is approved, that thread will be locked to further discussion and the next one may be posted by the leader for that specific CAP revision. The revision leader for a given CAP is on par with the topic leader for a CAP in terms of having the last say in a movepool, despite suggestions by other members. Either tennisace or myself may step in and try to help push it in an objective and proper direction if we feel that it's straying from the goal of the revision process at large, but will otherwise leave the revision leaders mostly to their own devices. Expect me to harass you if you don't work quickly, as the efficiency of this process is critical. It is OK to sign up for multiple revisions, but be forewarned that we really will try to avoid selecting the same RL for 3 or 4 CAPs. We will also reorder the order of operations based on this so that one RL is not running two CAP revisions simultaneously unless it is absolutely necessary. (ie. the last two) The order of the revisions is given below.
The Order of Operations
  1. Krilowatt (Rising_Dusk)
  2. Pyroak (Deck Knight)
  3. Stratagem (Vader)
  4. Cyclohm (Zystral)
  5. Arghonaut (Umbreon Dan)
  6. Fidgit (Deck Knight)
  7. Revenankh (eric the espeon)
  8. Colossoil (Fuzznip)
  9. Kitsunoh (Umbreon Dan)
  10. Syclant (eric the espeon)
Only two CAP revisions will be active at a time. As soon as one finished, the relevant thread will be locked and the next one on the list will begin immediately. Attached to this post is the layout for the original posts of each CAP revision thread.

Anyway, let's get to it!

Attachments

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Name: Zystral

CAP that you want to review: Cyclohm

What qualifications you have for reviewing this CAP: I joined CAP during Cyclohm exactly, so memories of its process times are still vivid in my memory. That was also the time I started to learn the ins and outs of competitive battling, so the banlist (at the time, no Latias) and general feel of OU back then are also quite clear to me. Personally, I am a very hard worker, and a very efficient researcher, which means that I can get work done quite fast and to an impressive standard. I'm very involved with CAP, and so I would definitely like to see my favourite CAP be fixed. Thanks for considering me.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Name: Deck Knight

CAP that you want to review: Pyroak, Fidgit

What qualifications you have for reviewing this CAP: I'm one of the longest running contributors in the CAP process and was around for every aspect of Pyroak's creation, including the weather testing when we were trying to determine if auto-sun (permanent or temprary) was too powerful. I have entered a submission in almost every movepool poll since the beginning, and Pyorak's greatest issue at the time of creation was people feared it would be too powerful, which stunted it's original movepool and made it's revision throw it too far in the opposite direction.

In regards to Fidgit, I was also heavily involved in that CAP. Fidgit is pretty clean and it's movepool functions pretty much as it's supposed to, it probably just needs a bit of sprucing up to bring it into alignment.

---

Incidentally, as much as I'd like to sign up for two or three, the OP heavily implies only one each per person. Is this a proper interpretation or am I missing something? Also, some of the CAPs were created pre-platinum and thus have no Plat or HGSS tutors. Will we be revising those or using the lists from previous revisions?

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would have offered to revise either of the first two CaPs (god help whoever tries to fix the original Syclant movepool), however I'll be on a LoA for a week starting tomorrow, which fits badly with the plan of going fast and doing them in order of creation. When I return, I'd be happy to pick up any of the earlier CaPs remaining.

I'd like to encourage members such as yourself, ete, who have been present for the earliest of CAPs, to sign up for them. The order of operations (going from Syclant > Krilowatt) isn't necessarily fixed. If you'd be willing to sign up for Syclant (I can think of few who are qualified to do this), but must go on a LoA, we can reorganize the order of operations to adjust for this. I'd like to recommend that you not let order or anything impede your willingness to apply as an RL. I have updated the OP to be more clear about this.
Deck Knight said:
Incidentally, as much as I'd like to sign up for two or three, the OP heavily implies only one each per person. Is this a proper interpretation or am I missing something? Also, some of the CAPs were created pre-platinum and thus have no Plat or HGSS tutors. Will we be revising those or using the lists from previous revisions?
Signing up for multiple is fine. If you'll notice, X-Act has priority for the running of 3, although I doubt he'll actually be around to do any of them. I will, however, not let a single person run two CAPs at a given time unless absolutely necessary. I don't want to so heavily distract our senior members from CAP11. (You are, after all, the ATL) So you can sign up for multiple, and if you are chosen for multiple, the order of operations will be adjusted as best as possible so that you do not ever run 2 simultaneously. I have updated the OP to be more clear about this.

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If my LOA won't be a problem, I'd love to help.

Name: eric the espeon

CAP that you want to review: Syclant and Revenankh

What qualifications you have for reviewing this CAP: I'm one of the few members to have been active during the early CaPs, and even though I've not been involved in the creation of the most recent 4-5 CaPs, I've kept an eye on what's going on here and been active elsewhere in the community. Despite my constant stream of incoherent posts during the creation of Syclant (which improved slightly with rev), I have actually had a reasonable grasp of the direction the project was going and did my best to guide it. I ran the initial Syclant and Revenankh revision along with TAY, and learned what kind of problems revisions encounter. This way of revising will probably be easier to do, much quicker, and with more consensus. There is a hell of a lot that needs fixing in Syclant's original movepool, and Rev will be interesting too. I'm looking forward to being involved with all that I can.

Name: Rising_Dusk

CAP that you want to review:
Krilowatt

I was around and participated in all of CAP10, Krilowatt. I made the slate for movepool creation, but was cut during the first poll. I have spoken with Jibaku, the winning movepool author, and he has expressed that he does not want to be RL for Krilowatt, but would appreciate giving his feedback if someone else led it. I would like to apply for RL to Krilowatt so that I can both provide an example of how I expect the process to run as well as help the process along in general. Krilowatt's movepool is immense - the largest of all CAPs - and discerning what exactly is necessary may be tough, but I feel that I am up to the task.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Name: Vader

CAP that you want to review: Stratagem!!

Stratagem was the first CaP I was a part of. I registered my account specifically to vote in its polls. I have used Stratagem extensively on the server and I think I have what it takes to do a good reversion. I am a server mod and generally respected by the CaP regulars.

Name: umbreon dan

CAP that you want to review: arghonaut and/or kitsunoh.

What qualifications you have for reviewing this CAP: i participated more in kitsunoh's creation than in arghonaut's, but i've used arghonaut considerably more in cap server battles so i think i'm a little more familiar with him. i'd be up for doing both if nobody else wants to, but i don't want to be a cap hog either, and i expect there will be enough volunteers that i won't need to do both. i was atl of cap10 and i did the most recent revisions and am a server mod yadda yadda

Just one wouldn't hurt.

Name:
Fuzznip

CAP that you want to review: Colossoil

What qualifications you have for reviewing this CAP: I was heavily active during Colossoil's creation, so I have an excellent understanding of how he works. I have also battled with him extensively on the server, meaning that I know what the dominant sets he has. Most importantly, though, I'm the one that created his movepool.

eric the espeon

I would like to clarify one point, since the TLs are allowed to make exceptions to the required moves on competitive grounds, are RLs granted the same power? Obviously it would not be used often, but there may be some moves which would be currently required, however they were specifically rejected as part of the original creation process or otherwise would be competitively ill advised.

Since these are reversions and not actual movepool creations, the answer is no. Research is needed insofar as the RLs must adhere strictly to the disallowed move lists that the original TLs had made for that specific CAP. If they were specifically rejected as part of the original creation process, they stay rejected for purposes of this reversion. If a move wasn't disallowed then, it shouldn't be disallowed now.

I'm not sure if older CAPs even had such "disallowed" lists, though. If they don't, then I would suggest to the RLs to use their best competitive judgment on this sort of thing. If you want extra opinions, then you should ask myself and the mods.

Alright, applications are closed. We ended up with enough participation for every CAP as needed, and I've managed to spread out the order in which we do CAPs so that no one has to do back-to-back CAP revisions. The order of operations is listed at the bottom of the OP. Thank you to everyone who applied; your help will be invaluable to the completion of this project, and I trust that you'll be ready for my breathing down your neck every step of the way.

I will lead the project off by starting the Krilowatt revision ASAP. When I do, I will reveal the format that will be used for the revision OPs and provide a .txt file for your own reference as RLs. So this meas that Deck, please hold off posting Pyroak until I post Krilowatt.

Thanks again; I'm glad that this received such a positive turn-out from the senior members!

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'd like to say something about this, as the original person who started to 'put order' to movepools.

I agree with this fully, first of all. My movepool guide was always something a bit rough, and it's nice to see it being expanded upon into something better. If I have a slight problem with this, it's that I may just as well remove my taste buds, as now movepools have no flavour at all. Of course, this isn't a serious enough complaint to warrant reinstating what was before, though, so you get a big thumbs up from me. :)

I think we can still fit enough flavor into movepools, though! I've managed to keep Krilowatt looking like Gamefreak might have made it (arguably more so since it doesn't have every competitive move in the game). Cyclohm has a bit of trouble because it has so many "important" design moves, but still. We can always reduce our CAPs' BSRs in order to fit in more moves as needed, and we need to reduce power creep anyway, so I think the trend to lower BSR (and consequently BST) will be a real thing to happen.

I'm really glad that you're behind the effort, though. That means a lot. :)

After applying the new movepool requirements and restrictions to movepools via these revisions, a few key issues have come to my attention that need to be addressed before we can really continue. I raised the following points to Doug, and he agreed with them all. I am posting them here for a bit of discussion (if there is any opposition), and then if no major opposition exists I will move these new rules to canon and update the on-site process guides for movepool submissions.
Move copies count as VGMs, but only count once as VGMs when both are present
Meditate and Howl, for instance, are the exact same move with different names. However, Meditate is listed as a VGM but Howl is not, so someone can theoretically cheat the system by adding Howl and not Meditate to their movepool (to game an additional VGM for 'free'). My proposal is to have move clones count once themselves, but if both are present in a movepool have it count only once (as a VGM only, they'd count twice for total moves). In this way, we could have Howl and Meditate on the same movepool for flavor purposes and not waste 2 VGMs.
All relevant signature moves are VGMs
This is mostly because a lot of signature moves are obviously VGMs, but they lack the distribution to get listed as them. This is particularly important because, for instance, Psycho Boost is currently a VGM thanks to Deo-S when it was OU (as is Seed Flare because of Shaymin), but other relevant things are not. Since "signature moves" is a very subjective thing, as Octazooka and Needle Arm are not amazing moves that really deserve to be on the list, I am only including "obvious" signature moves. These moves, for every movepool, are to be assumed disallowed unless specifically allowed by the TL for a given CAP. This also means that any custom signature move we make for a CAP is a VGM.

• Sacred Fire
  • Aeroblast
  • Judgment
  • Spacial Rend
  • Dark Void
  • Heart Swap
  • Magma Storm
  • Shadow Force
All moves made competitively viable by an ability are considered VGMs
Basically, things like AncientPower and Icy Wind become VGMs for Technician Pokemon, things like Luster Purge become VGMs for Serene Grace Pokemon, Dougle-Edge is a VGM for Rock Head / Magic Guard Pokemon, and so forth. This would all be decided on a Pokemon-by-Pokemon basis, but should be very clear-cut when an ability is chosen.
The following moves are listed for being added to the VGM list based on power, but lack of general distribution to common OU Pokemon
There are a lot of moves that are better than current VGMs or unique and excellent but lack distribution, but are not on the VGM list because of lack of distribution. This will be a constantly updated list, until which point where I can add them into the on-site Movepool Submission guide for finality.

• Eruption
  • Water Spout
  • Wood Hammer
  • Volt Tackle
  • Head Smash
  • Blaze Kick
  • Power Whip
  • Crabhammer
  • Cosmic Power
  • Extrasensory
  • Hammer Arm
  • Hi Jump Kick
  • Spark
  • Glare
  • Lovely Kiss
  • Memento
  • DynamicPunch (REMOVE: Ability-Dependent)
  • Hyper Voice
  • Bug Bite (REMOVE: Ability-Dependent)
  • Shadow Claw
  • Sky Uppercut
  • Bonemerang
  • Leaf Blade
  • Attack Order
  • Bug Buzz

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A few thoughts:

First, now that we are considering substantially increasing the pool of VGM, I think we should have slightly higher upper limits. You can find one move of almost every type now added to our non-conditional VGM pool, so the averages we would derive for VGM would be lifted upward by a small amount. There have been complaints we have little room for flavor although that depends heavily on the movepool I guess. You can hit 20 VGM pretty easily just on Type-Move and Move-Move requirements on Pyroak just because you want it to be Fire/Grass with Lava Plume. Add in the mandatory TMs adding 9 and you're already at the upper limit.

This would not be a large increase, +3 to the current VGM limits at the very most would be sufficient to capture any raise in the average VGM based on unconditional and ability-conditional VGM.

I think we should also be specific in what abilities make which moves competitively viable. I think the standard should be "If a move would have equal or superior power to a currently existing VGM without a substantial drawback, the ability would make that move VGM."

I will start compiling a list. These should be abilities that affect only Base Power or Drawbacks of moves. So for example Huge Power/Pure Power does not automatically make Icicle Spear viable, since it doubles attack, not Icicle Spear's base power.

I'll edit in the lists later for comment.

Update: Lists complete. These lists are only for situational VGMs, not general ones, so they only cover additional moves. You may dispute any of the moves I've put on here.

Base Power Abilities: (These abilities alter the effective Base Power of moves used with these abilities)

Iron Fist:
Drain Punch

Reckless:
Double-Edge

Skill Link:
Rock Blast
Bone Rush
Pin Missile

Technician:
Air Cutter
Ancientpower
Avalanche
Bite
Bonemerang
Bone Rush
Bug Bite
Dragonbreath
Drain Punch
Double Hit
Double Kick
Faint Attack
Flame Wheel
Force Palm
Icy Wind
Magical Leaf
Magnet Bomb
Metal Claw
Mud Shot
Needle Arm
Ominous Wind
Pluck
Poison Fang
Razor Leaf
Revenge
Rock Blast
Rock Tomb
Rolling Kick
Silver Wind
Swift
Triple Kick
Twineedle
Wake-Up Slap
Water Pulse

Drawback-Altering Abilities:

Compoundeyes:
Grasswhistle
Gunk Shot
Iron Tail
Mega Kick
Sing

Magic Guard:
Double-Edge

No Guard:
Dynamicpunch
GrassWhistle
Gunk Shot
Iron Tail
Mega Kick
Sing
Supersonic
Zap Cannon

Rock Head:
Double-Edge

Serene Grace:
Luster Purge
Mist Ball

Simple:
Defense Curl
Growth
Harden

If at all possible, please try to quicken the pace of these movepool revisions. I obviously don't want to really rush anyone with revising the movepools, but please don't slack off or neglect your thread for whatever reason. Revise the movepool, get feedback, respond to the feedback, and finish the movepool so we can move on.

The reason I ask for this is because the next official CAP tournament is waiting in the wings for our CAP battlers to participate in, and I don't want to host it when we are in the middle of an entire movepool revision, so I have to keep delaying it. I don't want to keep doing this for another few weeks, so please get these movepools complete! Thanks and I appreciate all the hard work being put into this project.

I now dub these Revisions completed. I have personally verified Kitsunoh's revision, and that was the last one to be finished. Before this topic is closed, I will compile the movepools in this post in server format for Doug to easily implement at his leisure. This will be done over time.
Syclant:
t: Ice,
t: Bug,

hp: 70,
atk: 116,
def: 70,
spatk: 114,
spdef: 64,
speed: 121,

a: CompoundEyes,
a: Mountaineer,

g: Both,

0: Fury Attack,
0: Leech Life,
0: Leer,
0: Ice Shard,
0: Focus Energy,
0: Slash,
0: Icy Wind,
0: X-Scissor,
0: Ice Punch,
0: Hail,
0: Bug Buzz,
0: Avalanche,
0: Sheer Cold,

1: Bug Bite,
1: Counter,
1: Double-Edge,
1: Earth Power,
1: Fury Cutter,
1: Ice Punch,
1: Icy Wind,
1: Mimic,
1: Snore,
1: String Shot,
1: Superpower,

2: Focus Punch,
2: Water Pulse,
2: Toxic,
2: Hail,
2: Hidden Power,
2: Sunny Day,
2: Taunt,
2: Ice Beam,
2: Blizzard,
2: Hyper Beam,
2: Protect,
2: Rain Dance,
2: Frustration,
2: Earthquake,
2: Return,
2: Brick Break,
2: Double Team,
2: Facade,
2: Secret Power,
2: Attract,
2: Rest,
2: Focus Blast,
2: False Swipe,
2: Fling,
2: Endure,
2: Silver Wind,
2: Giga Impact,
2: Stone Edge,
2: Avalanche,
2: Swords Dance,
2: Captivate,
2: Rock Slide,
2: X-Scissor,
2: Sleep Talk,
2: Natural Gift,
2: Swagger,
2: U-turn,
2: Substitute,

3: Cut,
3: Strength,
3: Rock Smash,

4: Earth Power,
4: Pin Missile,
4: Superpower,
4: Spikes,
4: Tail Glow,

Revenankh:
t: Ghost,
t: Fighting,

hp: 90,
atk: 105,
def: 90,
spatk: 65,
spdef: 110,
speed: 65,

a: Shed Skin,
a: Air Lock,

0: Wrap,
0: Bide,
0: Sand Tomb,
0: Wring Out,
0: Rock Tomb,
0: Arm Thrust,
0: Mean Look,
0: Glare,
0: Shadow Punch,
0: Revenge,
0: Power Whip,
0: Hammer Arm,
0: Punishment,
0: Moonlight,

1: AncientPower,
1: Helping Hand,
1: Knock Off,
1: Metronome,
1: Mud-Slap,
1: Ominous Wind,
1: Pain Split,
1: Spite,
1: Sucker Punch,
1: Trick,
1: Vacuum Wave,

2: Bulk Up,
2: Safeguard,
2: Shadow Ball,
2: Sandstorm,
2: Rock Tomb,
2: Torment,
2: Drain Punch,
2: Embargo,
2: Payback,
2: Psych Up,
2: Dream Eater,

4: Shadow Sneak,
4: Curse,
4: Mach Punch,
4: Memento,
4: Destiny Bond,
4: Ominous Wind,
4: Nasty Plot,
4: Force Palm,

Pyroak:
t: Fire,
t: Grass,

hp: 120,
atk: 70,
def: 105,
spatk: 95,
spdef: 90,
speed: 60,

a: Rock Head,
a: Battle Armor,

0: Wood Hammer,
0: Flare Blitz,
0: Bullet Seed,
0: Sweet Scent,
0: Growth,
0: Ember,
0: Leech Seed,
0: Flame Wheel,
0: Giga Drain,
0: Fire Spin,
0: Petal Dance,
0: Iron Defense,
0: Amnesia,
0: Synthesis,
0: Lava Plume,
0: Zap Cannon,

1: Synthesis,
1: Ancientpower,
1: Heat Wave,
1: Iron Defense,
1: Seed Bomb,
1: Worry Seed,
1: Low Kick,
1: Block,
1: Headbutt,

2: Roar,
2: Bullet Seed,
2: Light Screen,
2: Giga Drain,
2: SolarBeam,
2: Iron Tail,
2: Flamethrower,
2: Fire Blast,
2: Overheat,
2: Energy Ball,
2: Will-O-Wisp,
2: Flash,
2: Swords Dance,
2: Stealth Rock,
2: Grass Knot,

3: Rock Climb,

4: Aromatherapy,
4: Counter,
4: Dragonbreath,
4: Grasswhistle,
4: Psybeam,
4: Revenge,
4: Sand Tomb,
4: Water Sport,

Fidgit:
t: Poison,
t: Ground,

hp: 95,
atk: 76,
def: 109,
spatk: 90,
spdef: 80,
speed: 105,

a: Persistent,
a: Vital Spirit,

0: Tailwind,
0: Gust,
0: Comet Punch,
0: Helping Hand,
0: Encore,
0: Rapid Spin,
0: Knock Off,
0: Copycat,
0: Whirlwind,
0: Body Slam,
0: Sludge Bomb,
0: Toxic Spikes,
0: Gravity,
0: Heal Block,
0: Earth Power,
0: Lucky Chant,

1: Body Slam,
1: Metronome,
1: Block,
1: Gastro Acid,
1: Gravity,
1: Swift,
1: Tailwind,
1: Twister,

2: Reflect,
2: Sludge Bomb,
2: Thief,
2: Skill Swap,
2: Snatch,
2: U-Turn,
2: Trick Room,

4: Disable,
4: Follow Me,
4: Me First,
4: Mimic,
4: Metronome,
4: Spikes,
4: Wish,

Stratagem:
t: Rock,

hp: 90,
atk: 60,
def: 65,
spatk: 120,
spdef: 70,
speed: 130,

a: Levitate,
a: Technician,

g: None,

0: Weather Ball,
0: Tackle,
0: Defense Curl,
0: Rollout,
0: Defense Curl,
0: Rollout,
0: Rock Blast,
0: Disable,
0: Acupressure,
0: Mud Shot,
0: Power Gem,
0: Double-Edge,
0: Metal Sound,
0: Paleo Wave,
0: Head Smash,

1: AncientPower,
1: Heat Wave,
1: Mud-slap,
1: Rollout,

2: Calm Mind,
2: Giga Drain,
2: Aerial Ace,
2: Energy Ball,
2: Explosion,
2: Rock Polish,

Arghonaut:
t: Water,
t: Fighting,

hp: 105,
atk: 110,
def: 95,
spatk: 70,
spdef: 100,
speed: 75,

a: Unaware,

0: Bubble,
0: Yawn,
0: Smokescreen,
0: Yawn,
0: Arm Thrust,
0: Aqua Jet,
0: Mach Punch,
0: Taunt,
0: Thief,
0: Submission,
0: Punishment,
0: Focus Punch,

1: Dive,
1: Gunk Shot,
1: ThunderPunch,

2: Sludge Bomb,
2: Brine,
2: Drain Punch,

3: Whirlpool,
3: Surf,
3: Waterfall,

4: Bulk Up,
4: Cross Chop,
4: Headbutt,
4: Octazooka,
4: Recover,
4: Scary Face,

Kitsunoh:
t: Steel,
t: Ghost,

hp: 80,
atk: 103,
def: 85,
spatk: 55,
spdef: 80,
speed: 110,

a: Frisk,
a: Limber,

0: Scratch,
0: Tail Whip,
0: Lick,
0: Odor Sleuth,
0: Faint Attack,
0: Shadow Sneak,
0: Metal Claw,
0: Memento,
0: Fake Out,
0: Shadow Claw,
0: ShadowStrike,
0: Perish Song,

1: Endeavor,
1: Iron Head,
1: Last Resort,
1: Magic Coat,
1: Super Fang,

2: Dig,
2: Shadow Claw,
2: Dark Pulse,
2: Flash Cannon,

3: Defog,

4: FeatherDance,
4: Metal Sound,
4: Flail,
4: Psycho Shift,
4: Yawn,
4: Meteor Mash,

Cyclohm:
t: Electric,
t: Dragon,

hp: 108,
atk: 60,
def: 118,
spatk: 112,
spdef: 70,
speed: 80,

a: Shield Dust,
a: Static,

0: Whirlwind,
0: Bide,
0: Tackle,
0: Growl,
0: Dragon Rage,
0: Charge,
0: Thundershock,
0: Rain Dance,
0: Double Hit,
0: Sonicboom,
0: Tri-Attack,
0: Discharge,
0: Slack Off,
0: Thrash,
0: Lock-On,
0: Zap Cannon,

1: Draco Meteor,
1: Outrage,
1: Mud Slap,
1: Signal Beam,
1: Twister,

2: Dragon Claw,
2: Thunderbolt,
2: Thunder,
2: Shock Wave,
2: Aerial Ace,
2: Charge Beam,
2: Dragon Pulse,
2: Thunder Wave,

4: Dragonbreath,
4: Heal Bell,
4: Power Gem,
4: Hydro Pump,
4: Mud Slap,

Colossoil:
t: Dark,

hp: 133,
atk: 122,
def: 72,
spatk: 71,
spdef: 72,
speed: 95,

a: Rebound,
a: Guts,

0: Peck,
0: Horn Attack,
0: Bite,
0: Pursuit,
0: Bounce,
0: Magnitude,
0: Stockpile,
0: Swallow,
0: Spit Up,
0: Crunch,
0: Megahorn,
0: Horn Drill,

1: Aqua Tail,
1: Bounce,
1: Mud-Slap ,

4: Sucker Punch,
4: Fissure,
4: Fake Out,
4: Screech,
4: Double-Edge,
4: Fire Fang,
4: Thunder Fang,
4: Horn Drill,
4: Encore,

Krilowatt:
t: Electric,
t: Water,

hp: 151,
atk: 84,
def: 73,
spatk: 83,
spdef: 74,
speed: 105,

a: Trace,
a: Magic Guard,

0: ThunderShock,
0: Confuse Ray,
0: Imprison,
0: Mirror Coat,
0: Bubblebeam,
0: Counter,
0: Heart Swap,
0: Guillotine,
0: Thunder,
0: Muddy Water,

2: Recycle,

4: Mirror Coat,
4: Mind Reader,
4: Sheer Cold,

I'm bumping this because I am slowly making progress on these load files. However, I'm also doing stuff across the site in preparation for Gen V, so if anyone would want to help me with this I'd be most gracious. The basic idea is as follows:

In the above post, you'll notice a lot of empty hide tags. You'll also see that a few of them have been filled in. I need all of the empty ones to be filled in with a similar setup as the first few. Here's the template:
Code:
Foobar: //Name
t: //Types
t: 

hp: //Stats
atk: 
def: 
spatk: 
spdef: 
speed: 

a: //Abilities
a: 

g: //Gender (Both for all CAPs except Stratagem)

0: //Level-up moves
0: 

1: //Move tutor moves
1: 

2: //TM moves
2: 

3: //HM moves
3: 

4: //Egg moves
4:
Then, if anyone is particularly motivated, you could be dolls and list the illegal egg combinations for all of the CAPs. Don't bother listing those that have none (Strata, Ground egg group CAPs) because that's pretty self-explanatory. The annoying ones are Syclant and friends that have lots of them.

Anyway, thanks in advance. We have until Thursday to do it, and if no one else does them, I will. Cheers.

An affinity for Excel makes the movelist bit pretty easy, so I've done that for a couple - but I'll leave you to add the stats and typing to the top (because I'm bored now!). Thanks for doing so much work here!

Colossoil
t: Dark,

hp: 133,
atk: 122,
def: 72,
spatk: 71,
spdef: 72,
speed: 95,

a: Rebound,
a: Guts,

0: Peck,
0: Horn Attack,
0: Bite,
0: Pursuit,
0: Bounce,
0: Magnitude,
0: Stockpile,
0: Swallow,
0: Spit Up,
0: Crunch,
0: Megahorn,
0: Horn Drill,

1: Aqua Tail,
1: Bounce,
1: Mud-Slap ,

4: Sucker Punch,
4: Fissure,
4: Fake Out,
4: Screech,
4: Double-Edge,
4: Fire Fang,
4: Thunder Fang,
4: Horn Drill,
4: Encore,

Krilowatt:

0: ThunderShock,
0: Confuse Ray,
0: Imprison,
0: Mirror Coat,
0: Bubblebeam,
0: Counter,
0: Heart Swap,
0: Guillotine,
0: Thunder,
0: Muddy Water,

2: Recycle,

4: Mirror Coat,
4: Mind Reader,
4: Sheer Cold,

Kitsunoh:

0: Scratch,
0: Tail Whip,
0: Lick,
0: Odor Sleuth,
0: Faint Attack,
0: Shadow Sneak,
0: Metal Claw,
0: Memento,
0: Fake Out,
0: Shadow Claw,
0: ShadowStrike,
0: Perish Song,

1: Endeavor,
1: Iron Head,
1: Last Resort,
1: Magic Coat,
1: Super Fang,

2: Dig,
2: Shadow Claw,
2: Flash Cannon,

3: Defog,

4: FeatherDance,
4: Metal Sound,
4: Psycho Shift,
4: Yawn,
4: Meteor Mash,

Awesome, thanks a ton for those. I'll edit them into the post now.

EDIT: Okay! The load files are complete. Now I have to get to work on the illegal egg combos lists. I will double post in order for it to be in its own post in this thread.

Okay, this post is for the lists of illegal egg combinations for all CAPs. Not all CAPs even have illegal egg combinations, so this shouldn't be too bad. I will update this post accordingly as it gets done.
Pin Missile + Tail Glow
Spikes + Tail Glow

Shadow Sneak + Mach Punch
Shadow Sneak + Force Palm
Curse + Mach Punch
Curse + Force Palm
Mach Punch + Memento
Mach Punch + Destiny Bond
Mach Punch + Force Palm
Memento + Force Palm
Destiny Bond + Force Palm
Nasty Plot + Force Palm

Aromatherapy + Dragonbreath
Aromatherapy + Revenge
Aromatherapy + Sand Tomb
Dragonbreath + Psybeam
Dragonbreath + Revenge
Grasswhistle + Psybeam
Grasswhistle + Sand Tomb
Psybeam + Revenge
Psybeam + Sand Tomb
Psybeam + Water Sport
Revenge + Sand Tomb
Revenge + Water Sport
Sand Tomb + Water Sport

None

None

Bulk Up + Cross Chop
Bulk Up + Octazooka
Bulk Up + Recover
Bulk Up + Scary Face
Cross Chop + Headbutt
Cross Chop + Octazooka
Cross Chop + Recover
Cross Chop + Scary Face
Headbutt + Octazooka
Headbutt + Recover
Headbutt + Scary Face
Octazooka + Recover
Octazooka + Scary Face
Recover + Scary Face

None

Dragonbreath + Power Gem
Hydro Pump + Power Gem

None

Mind Reader + Sheer Cold
Mind Reader + Me First
Mind Reader + Follow Me
Mind Reader + Metronome
Sheer Cold + Follow Me
Sheer Cold + Metronome
Sheer Cold + Me First
Follow Me + Me First

Here's a list of illegal egg move combinations that I found for Krilowatt. Feel free to point out errors if you see any, it is my first time doing this after all.

Krilowatt
Mind Reader – Breloom, Poliwrath
Sheer Cold – Lapras, Dewgong, Walrein, Glalie
Follow Me - Clefable, Togekiss
Metronome - Clefable, Togekiss
Me First - Slowbro

Illegal Combinations:
Mind Reader+Sheer Cold
Mind Reader+Me First
Mind Reader+Follow Me
Mind Reader+Metronome
Sheer Cold+Follow Me
Sheer Cold+Metronome
Sheer Cold+Me First
Follow Me+Me First

Is this the correct format? I'll edit this post with the others as I get them done.

EDIT: Pyroak done, but someone might want to double check the Counter move combinations, they were kind of odd on Serebii.

Pyroak
Aromatherapy - Vileplume, Parasect, Meganium, Jumpluff, Cherrim, Roserade
Counter - Charizard, Nidoran (female), Nidoking, Parasect, Rhyperior, Kangaskhan, Snorlax, Meganium, Swampert, Bastiodon, Breloom, Cacturne, Ludicolo
Dragonbreath – Sceptile, Garchomp
Grasswhistle – Sunflora, Roserade, Abomasnow, Leafeon, Venasaur, Meganium, Sceptile, Cacturne, Cherrim
Psybeam – Parasect
Revenge - Cacturne
Sand Tomb - Garchomp
Water Sport – Ludicolo, Roserade, Feraligatr

Illegal Combinations:
Aromatherapy+Dragonbreath
Aromatherapy+Revenge
Aromatherapy+Sand Tomb
Counter+Sand Tomb
Dragonbreath+Psybeam
Dragonbreath+Revenge
Dragonbreath+Water Sport
Grasswhistle+Psybeam
Grasswhistle+Sand Tomb
Psybeam+Revenge
Psybeam+Sand Tomb
Psybeam+Water Sport
Revenge+Sand Tomb
Revenge+Water Sport
Sand Tomb+Water Sport
Grasswhistle+Counter+Leaf Storm (Grasswhistle is a 4th Gen Only Breed on Sceptile, making Counter + GrassWhistle + Leaf Storm illegal. Any 2 of the 3 is a legal combination.[~From movepool revisions thread])

Oof that was a lot. :s

Cyclohm
DragonBreath (Sceptile, Garchomp, Dragonite, Kingdra, Altaria, Milotic, Salamence, Garchomp)
Hydro Pump (Blastoise, Lapras, Feraligatr, Swampert, Gyarados, Kingdra, Milotic, Salamence)
Heal Bell (Lapras, Ampharos, Dragonite, Altaria)
Power Gem (Ampharos, Slowking)
Mud Slap

Illegal Combos:
Dragonbreath + Power Gem
Hydro Pump + Power Gem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)