ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just at a glance you are slightly weak to Sub Tran. While it cannot directly KO Milotic and Snorlax, Toxic versions will cripple your defensive core and will eventually wear you down.

Firstly I don't like Stealix on this team. Its a great pokemon but I feel that Lum Berry Metagross outclases it on this offensive team.

I suggest Ice Beam over Toxic on Milotic. Haze can also work if you want. Ice Beam does however, give you the ability to handle DD nite which threatens much of your team.

Gliscors fine but if you still miss Toxic off Milotic you could always run a stallbreaker set

Thats just my 2cents. I might rate back tommorow as its 2.14AM and my rate is all over the place.

Have a Nice Day!

You have an interesting team, but it has a gaping weakness to SD Lucario, who can easily set up on a Choice-locked Crunch (also Milo's Surf is only doing around 50-58%, which leaves more than enough health to take down at least 3 Pokes given Scizor is still alive). Jolly beats you hands down if Gliscor is at less than 47% health (Adamant needs only 51%). To fix this, I suggest you a Jolly SD Lucario of your own over Scizor. This ensures that you beat Adamant should Gliscor get taken down, and at least gives you a fighting chance against other Jollys. You could also choose to use Specs Lucario, which beats SD Lucario period.

Notable Problems

• Skarmory
While Crobat's Taunt will prevent Skarmory from setting up to an extent, it can consistently switch into Steelix, Gliscor, and Skarmory to lay down entry hazards. The main issue here is that there is very little you have on your team to actually take down Skarmory; it walls a significant portion of your team members, and a well-played one can definitely be troublesome.

• SD Lucario
Mentioned before, but SD Lucario can potentially set up an easy sweep against your team. You do have Gliscor to counter it, which is basically the best switch-in to Lucario in the game, but its usage of Life Orb and residual damage will wear it down rather quickly, making it a more shaky check.

Suggestions

• Use Taunt Toxic Gliscor
While Swords Dance is a decent idea, I find that Gliscor often doesn't function as effectively in a sweeper role, as there exist many checks that can KO it. To provide a more solid answer to Lucario, I'd recommend using a standard Stallbreaker Gliscor:

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Roost

As mentioned above, this gives you just about the most solid switch-in to Lucario possible, while also providing you with one of the most difficult Pokemon for stall teams to play against.

• Try Pursuit on Snorlax
While Crunch is a good move, I'd recommend using Pursuit on Snorlax instead. This will guarantee you a kill on sweepers such as Starmie, who will be KO'd no matter what it does. Since Pursuit is illegal with Selfdestruct, however, you could use Fire Punch in that moveslot, which also helps alleviate your Skarmory problem somewhat.

Good luck with your team!

as i have stated i want to improve the team but try as little as possible to ruin the synergy i.e. limit the replacement of members.

I took the Stallbreaker set for Gliscor and put Pursuit on Snorlax. However I don't want to change steelix becuase i dont want to ruin the tandem. I will try SD Lucario but with the new gliscor i dnt think i need to worry.

I dont like your Scizor set, I believe that roost/leftovers is a waste.
I personally think you should have a LO instead of Leftovers, because if you have roost on the set anyway, roost will help heal off the recoil damage.

I dont like your Scizor set, I believe that roost/leftovers is a waste.
I personally think you should have a LO instead of Leftovers, because if you have roost on the set anyway, roost will help heal off the recoil damage.
i took your advice and its working for me for now so i'll keep it.

I also put ice beam on milotic but i am anxious to put haze there. The only problem is that i dont have a dragon check if i dont.

I was also thinking of putting Rest on Snorlax.

Interesting team. Just minor EV fixes that I think you will like them.

Steelix@ Leftovers
252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Ability: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Roar
I like Roar better here, but Explosion works fine. Mainly the EV spread. I found Relaxed to be better for Steelix to help with all the Earthquakes around. However, you wont lose that much special defense, you still survive STABed Surf and whatnot if you need too.

Milotic@ Leftovers
252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpDef
Ablity: Marvel Scale
Calm Nature
- Surf
- HP Electric / Ice Beam / Toxic
- Recover
- Haze
This is the spread I use. Maximizes Milotic's defensive potential. Handles things like Starmie and Gengar much better. Starmie actually never 2HKOs you with Thunderbolt so you can stall it out all day. Still has a solid 254 Def.

Scizor@ Life Orb
232 HP / 96 Atk / 180 SpDef
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost
I fucking love this set. Excellent. This EV spread is most efficient. EV's are maximized for Life Orb. 339 HP rounds Life Orb down, 96 Attack grants a Bonus Point, rest in Special Def. Superpower > Brick Break because it is nearly twice as powerful, and you can normally acquire multiple Swords Dances. Going from +4 to +3 is not nearly as bad as +2 to +1.

Lead Machamp actually does cause alot of problems. Because in your description of Lead Machamp you state "Switch to Milotic and hope Toxic hits. Otherwise switch to Crobat and Brave Bird it."
Well, you take DP to the face which deals 38.8% - 45.7% to your Milotic. Now, you're going to Toxic it? You are aware Lead Machamps generally carry Lum Berries? Meaning, you wasted a turn which results in another DP; but I'm guessing now you'd switch to Crobat to take the 3rd. Or in an even worse Scenerio you get Confused Hax'd. Then things would go very, very bad.

I would personally send Gliscor to lead form, and switch Steelix to a RestTalk Rotom-A which would solve your gaping SD Luke weakness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)