96' Bulls

Introduction
Well anyway I've been playing competitively since the middle of BW OU, I've made tons of teams, I tried many different playstyles, and man I was still god awful. But from then until now I would like to think I've gain enough experience and knowledge of pokemon to say that I've created a decent team here. I wanted to build a team around Weavile after choosing to participate in XY OU's dark horse project and I can say he's been good to me. I've managed to compile a 43-11 record with this team between two alts (I forgot the pass to one, started over and got lazy).

I haven't won anything major with this team I just wanted to surround it with some sort of theme :]. I really hope you enjoy this RMT.

Luc Longly (Garchomp) @

Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 112 HP / 64 Atk / 80 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Nothing is more important than setting up hazards, especially on an offense orientated team such as this. This was the last member of the team and at that point I needed a band-aid fix. Something that could check Mega-Charizard X & Y, set up stealth rocks, and challenge some of the popular hazard setters/removers (Heatran, Skarmory, Excadrill, Ferrothorn). I've thought about using Stone Edge over Outrage to deal with some of the tiers flying threats that pose problems for Breloom and Keldeo (especially Mandibuzz). But I opted against it since I could play around Mandibuzz with Weavile and Zapdos. Thanks to Tokyo Tom I was able to give Garchomp the necessary bulk needed to fill those roles. 112Hp evs allows Garchomp to survive a CB Terrakion Close Combat which I think is a pretty nice benchmark. Enough spa evs to 2HKO Skarmory, and enough atk evs to almost guarantee a OHKO on the common bulky Excadrill set. The rocky helmet is lovely, it reliably allows me to revenge kill Mega Charizard-X after the added rough skin + rocky helmet passive damage in obvious Flare Blitz situations of course. It also prevents Excadrill from suicide spinning after eating an EQ (unless it's scarfed) due to the extra damage. A great role player that performs well in most games.

Dennis Rodman (Zapdos) @

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 180 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

A major major major part of the teams success. Zapdos gives the team a useful ground immunity but most importantly plugs up the teams major weakness to the tiers Flying type behemoths. It removes hazards, and challenges Rotom-W and Scizor; two pivots that could tear my team apart if left alone. It just does so many good things for the team. The evs are from the Zapdos thread I think, they allow him to take alot of hits and so far I've been more than satisfied with its performance so I didn't change them. He's just so good at grabbing those offensive boards and keeping plays alive Dennis serves as the teams backbone and enforcer :].

Michael Jordan (Keldeo) @

Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

The battle timers running down, your opponents team is full of holes, his revenge killers have been ... revenged, he's sweating running a million scenarios of how the hax gods can help him win, but don't worry we'll send Jordan in to cool him off with a couple Hydro Pumps. Man man man, Keldeo is so good. Nine times out of ten Keldeo cleans house late game thanks to Zapdos, Weavile, and Breloom removing its counters. But if I decided to bring him in earlier in the game it's to bluff a scarf and double switch. This is like the most used Keldeo set, I don't think I can say more about it that you don't already know. He's god.

Scottie Pippen (Weavile) @

EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 236 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard

So underrated it's almost criminal. Obviously I was forced to use Weavile in order to participate but man I didn't regret picking him up. It's blistering speed and attack stats makes it so useful. I can use it in a number of situations as the teams revenge killer. It's not afraid of Thundurus's t-wave, Scarf Garchomp, Landorus-I, Landorus-T, Greninja, Mandibuzz, etc. The list is long. Weavile is one half of the teams mid game wrecking crew, smacking around pokemon with its OP knock off attack. Weakening the opps pokemon in order for Breloom or Keldeo to finish them off. Scottie Pippen brings that championship level offensive pressure that breaks most opponents strategies by breaking their pokemon :].

Toni Kukoc (Aegislash) @

Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 236 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SAtk / 16 Spd
Quiet Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

The sixth man himself. Aegislashs stints off the bench weren't long but his contributions to the teams success were very useful. The Air Balloon is soooooo useful. It allows me to switch in on Excadrill, Garchomp, Lando-I & T. It can wall Hippowdon if it isn't carrying ice fang. Guaranteeing that they'll all be eating shadow balls. Aegislash also provides great synergy bolstering the teams resistances and patching weaknesses (Fighting, Ice, Steel, Fairy, Psychic). There's enough HP evs to help Aegislash take those hits like a boss. I was hoping to outspeed other Aegislashs with 16speed evs but I may need to creep more since 16evs are the norm now. And of course I had to dump some evs into attack but I may dump them into speed. Probably the less useful pokemon since Weavile can do it's job effectively but at the cost of its lovely defensive typing. I'm looking to upgrade this set or replace him.

Ron Harper (Breloom) (F) @

Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
- Spore

The teams check to the infamous Deoxys-D/Bisharp core, the stall-breaker, and the bulky water type killer. If I see Deo/Sharp I'll most likely lead with Breloom and spore (if they have no grass types or overcoat ability pokemon) almost guaranteeing the rest of the game to be 5 v 6. Breloom is so useful. It almost always puts the team in a position to win thanks to it's ability to incapacitate mons' with spore and its priority move. The best part about him though is his ability to break apart stall teams with its classic spore + swords dance set. Those chansey + hippo cores are no match for loom, neither are quagsire or slowking. The only pokemon it has to worry about are Mega-Venu, Aegislash, Amoonguss, and more I can't think of anymore right now. Breloom sometimes serves as the teams revenge killer next to Weavile as well. But all in all Breloom is a great pokemon and is worth a slot on balanced and offensive teams.

Really looking for suggestions on how I can not only improve the team but possible strategies I can utilize in order to use the team to its maximum potential. I hope you enjoyed the RMT and use the team if you like it. Thanks for reading.

Importable:
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 112 HP / 64 Atk / 80 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Aegislash @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 236 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SAtk / 16 Spd
Quiet Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Shadow Ball
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 180 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Breloom (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
- Spore

I really expected a team with Tauros since the first Pokemon games were released in 1996. I am not much of a team rater but it looks like a solid team.

You don't want to use a mega evolution in your team I think. So in my opinion your team looks like more a team of gen 5, because you are using the gen 5 set of garchomp, breloom, Weavile... I recommend to put in your weavile fake out.

Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch
- fake out

Your team have three pokemons with fire weakness if you want to put a heatran with flash fire use this set:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

And now you don't need to have fire blast in your garchomp so...

Luc Longly (Garchomp) @
EVs: 112 HP / 144 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Poison Jab ----> two destroy the fairys types. (you have three pokemons with fairy weakness (Keldeo, garchomp, breloom).

You don't want to use a mega evolution in your team I think. So in my opinion your team looks like more a team of gen 5, because you are using the gen 5 set of garchomp, breloom, Weavile... I recommend to put in your weavile fake out.

Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch
- fake out

Your team have three pokemons with fire weakness if you want to put a heatran with flash fire use this set:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Ice]

And now you don't need to have fire blast in your garchomp so...

Luc Longly (Garchomp) @
EVs: 112 HP / 144 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Poison Jab ----> two destroy the fairys types. (you have three pokemons with fairy weakness (Keldeo, garchomp, breloom).
Replacing Ice Shard with Fake Out may cause Weavile to lose some of it's effectiveness. It won't be able to beat scarf chomp or scarf lando, two pokemon who cause problems. But I do like the suggestions of using Heatran and Garchomp. Poison Jab should alleviate some of the pressure Azumarill places on sone teammates. And Heatran can help Garchomp with his job of dealing with those fire type behemoths. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

IVs are messed up on aegis.

You have nothing to revenge kill Mega Charizard X. Sure, Breloom's mach punch has a chance to 2hko, but that obviously doesn't kill it, not even after rocks. Without rocks, Weavile's Ice Shard and Breloom's Mach Punch together do around 81% ONLY WITH MAX ROLLS. Sure, chomp can take out a chunk of its health with rough skin and RH, but that's p. situational and chomp isn't even a very good switchin to zard x's Flare Blitz with those EVs:

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 112 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 150-177 (38.9 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Additionally, chomp is ohkoed by zardx's dragon claw obv.

Probably the best fix for this is to put CS over RH on chomp.
Choice Scarf on Chomp protects against +1 zardx, killing it (obv). That's the best course of action imo.

The 80 special attack EVs on chomp are completely useless.

0 SpA Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 176-208 (52.6 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Please remove them and use them in HP or atk.

I'd like to point out that Icy Wind is mediocre on keldeo, despite the fact that it covers latias and latios. Scald lets you have a reliable STAB in terms of accuracy with a sexy chance of burn. Icy Wind is too low in terms of BP to justify using it over the extremely useful scald.

in conclusion, this team is flawed but with the fixes that i outlined above, it'll be much better.

After stealth rock Mega Charizard-X will most likely faint from the flare blitz, rocky helmet, and rough skin damage. If not it's easily revenge killed by Breloom or Weavile. If I replaced the helmet with scarf who is going to set up rocks? I've never been a fan of using scarf's and status moves because once your opponent figures out you're choice locked Garchomp becomes set-up bait.

The scald change on Keldeo is interesting though, I'll try that out. Thanks for helping

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)