XY Ubers 99 Problems - Peaked 13th (1701)

How's the team?

• Total voters

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
But a bitch ain't one.

helped me achieve the 43-4 ladder record that will hopefully contribute to a <3 sometime in the next few months

defog charizard-y is ass

Steeljackal<3 is lucky n’ bad

les go

THE TEAM

|
|
|
|
|

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dice (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Named after Dice, for enlightening me to the fact that Charizard-Y’s only niche is a Defog set utilized alongside Groudon and Ho-Oh.

*just gonna drop this replay here http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-147888309*

1/3 of the core that allows me to beat all Kyogre. The star of the show, the premise that this team was based around. I wanted to use something with potential, yet hadn't yet been brought to relevance in the metagame. Backed by a colossal 458 Special Attack stat, no matter what move it throws out, it'll hurt. I opted for maximum potential coverage over Roost, as it's too fragile to find an opportunity to do so without greater consequences anyway. It can also survive a +2 252+ SpA Moonblast from Xerneas, and deal a nice bit of damage back with Fire Blast. Dragon Pulse nails opposing Palkia for <50% on the switch in.

Steeljackal<3 @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 54 SpA / 206 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor

Dialga = Steel. Grills = Made of steel.

2/3 of the core that allows me to defeat all variants of Kyogre. It provides Stealth Rock, and excellent defensive synergy with Mega-Zard-Y. Roar provides much-appreciated phazing, and the EVs allow it to survive Scarfspout 2 times, even after Stealth ROck damage, and leftover EVs going into SpA for the maximum possible *oomph*. It also acts as a nice Ho-oh BB switch in, which, when paired with other members of the team, ensures a nice backbone to defend against it.

Haruno @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 162 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

STag = Stag. Stag = Xerneas. Haruno = against STag ban. Haruno = against Stag. Haruno = Xerneas. 10/10 logic.

I needed a Fairy type to create a backbone with Dialga to resist Zekrom's dual STABs, and wanted to retain my Arceus-forme-slot for later. What better option than the King of Ubers? It's a self-explanatory EV set. It speed creeps the rather standard non HP-Fire set, which runs 249-250 speed. With my EVs, I hit 251 :] Of course, the anti-Genesect EVs.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-147907678 is a fun replay showing this Xerneas set in action. BTW, HP Fire Crit on Scizor didn’t matter.

Edgar @ Toxic Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 160 SpD / 100 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Poison Jab

First introduced me to Arceus-Poison, and can be toxic *ba dum tss* as fuck sometimes, but is a fren :^]

My main Xerneas check. Easily avoids 2HKO from Moonblast, and survives Psyshock with relative ease, and packs a punch with Poison Jab. Provides much, much needed Defog support for the team, and notably survives a SpecsOgre Water Spout outside of rain. Will-o-miss is used over Toxic so that I don’t further enhance my weakness to bulky Steel types.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 248 HP / 160 SpD Arceus-Poison: 334-394 (75.3 - 88.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This allows it to be a last-resort check, and with a team full of pseudo-checks, that's necessary :]

Fireburn @ Black Glasses
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play

Had to name Fireburn after SOMETHING winged, and Char-Y was taken :P

This thing works wonders. I'll let this calc speak for itself:

+4 252+ Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 394-464 (86.5 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

The bulk is magical. It takes a trollish 50% from +2 Espeed, and it OHKOs back with Foul Play. I opted for Blackglasses over Rocky Helmet because whilst Rocky Helmet would provide nice insurance vs Mega-Kanga, Blackglasses allow Sucker Punch to pack more of a, well, punch! The priority is needed and loved on this team, and gives it more insurance vs M2Y.

Also, Blackglasses > Dread Plate. Spheal with it.

HENRI @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk

My fren :^] Teamtest with me literally all the time, makes me laugh, and makes me want to permaban him from Ubers.

The last member of the psuedo-check team for Kyogre. It notably survives the +2 ESpeed from Arceus at full health, and does obscene damage back with Bolt Strike. I made it Timid to give it that much more of a chance of beating opposing base 90 scarfers, particularly Kyogre (hence, pseudo-check). It is one of three members on this team able to beat Chansey, and is my go-to check for Darkrai. It switches in on the predicted Dark Void, and proceeds to wreck s*** up :]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hurrrrdurrrrrr. Threatlist time.

- This thing drives me absolutely nuts. If it's running the same thing I'm running, it causes hell for this team. Xerneas can't set up on it, it can take an Outrage from Zekrom, all my Poisonceus can do is burn it, Yveltal tickles it, and Charizard Y is especially prone to the Stealth Rocks that it will often find easy to set up. My only hope of beating a lead variant is leading with Charizard and going straight for the Focus Blast. Otherwise, I'll have to whittle it down throughout the match and pray that I get favorable switches.

- Above. While it has slightly less bulk, it spreads status as freely as yohoE spreads STIs, and this team absolutely does NOT appreciate that.

Hyper Offense in General - A mindless HO spammy team akin to the one I used to help me make reqs general firepower will typically brute force its way past this team's defenses, leaving me especially prone to 50/50s. It requires me to play well, and not keep, for example, Charizard-Y in on a Palkia while rain is up.

Well, that's it for me. Please rate, drop a like, or steal - everything and anything is appreciated :D
Below is for the latter of those options. Thanks for reading :^]
Charizard (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Dialga @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 54 SpA / 206 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 160 SpD / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Defog
- Poison Jab

Yveltal @ Black Glasses
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk

Shoutouts:

Ubers room in general - thanks, you group of idiots :^]

Dice - Aforementioned enlightenment.

ApplepieFTW - Xerneas OP.

orch - While I can't stand you sometimes, you did look over this team for me :^] Idgaf what you say, Char-Y is the premise around which this team was built, I don't need no Fireburn or his avatar =/

Thetwinmasters - Teamtesting.

Piexplode - Being the biggest douche I know :D That, and haxing my attempt to teamtest...

Furai - Not gonna lie, the original idea of using Charizard-Y came from your SPL matches. If you come back, thanks :^]

Edgar - I'm sorry I dragged you down :[

Melee Mewtwo - Thanks for all the help on SynIRC :^]

Hack - Always correcting me. I might not act like it, but I appreciate that :^]

hyw - BAEEEEEEE ~<333333 I'll RMT our Venusaur team next :^]

malefic - Never got around to it, but thanks for offering to teamtest with me :^]

Minority Suspect - Thanks for team-testing :^]

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
You bet it bud. Hey you remember that time I 5-0d you with volcarona and palkia? Well you'd better remember the time I used protect+twave dialga and some skillful hax to beat you using THAT team <3 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-147821664 It's just a variant of the team I made with my girlfriend that I was testing for fun. Cheers for the shoutout tho and u know whilst I act like a douche I don't really think a bad thing of you :) But there's more replays where that came from xP
Dread Plate>BlackGlasses u fucking hipster. Remind me to run bandceus some time tho.
What does Focus Blast/Solarbeam on Zard hit [groudon dies to fire blast already, kyogre changed weather so ur fucked anyway......]? Thinking sunny day might be better.
Poison Arceus with WoW>TWave seems shaky to me on a team carrying yveltal; it's pure xern bait and being unable to be fully agressive with poisonceus seems a bit risky to me.
4/6 on nicknames (haruno and henri are cancer)
Thanks for the shoutout.
Nice to see something fairly original (but I'm not too fussed; if tag and baton pass goes then I'll keep playing, otherwise I might quit.. zard Y is sexy afaik tho)

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
You bet it bud. Hey you remember that time I 5-0d you with volcarona and palkia? Well you'd better remember the time I used protect+twave dialga and some skillful hax to beat you using THAT team <3 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-147821664 It's just a variant of the team I made with my girlfriend that I was testing for fun. Cheers for the shoutout tho and u know whilst I act like a douche I don't really think a bad thing of you :) But there's more replays where that came from xP
Dread Plate>BlackGlasses u fucking hipster. Remind me to run bandceus some time tho.
What does Focus Blast/Solarbeam on Zard hit [groudon dies to fire blast already, kyogre changed weather so ur fucked anyway......]? Thinking sunny day might be better.
Poison Arceus with WoW>TWave seems shaky to me on a team carrying yveltal; it's pure xern bait and being unable to be fully agressive with poisonceus seems a bit risky to me.
4/6 on nicknames (haruno and henri are cancer)
Thanks for the shoutout.
Nice to see something fairly original (but I'm not too fussed; if tag and baton pass goes then I'll keep playing, otherwise I might quit.. zard Y is sexy afaik tho)
fblast for dialga, solarbeam for after a mon dies to Kyogre to switch in if really necessary

Hey Aenonar, nice to see some Charizard teams, they're definetely interesting pokemon to use. I looked over and I don't really have much to suggest as any important suggestion would completely change the structure of the team. The only thing I suggest is using Rock Slide over Dragon Pulse on Charizard and using Mild nature over Modest nature on it. Although you mentioned you wanted Dragon Pulse for incoming Palkia, you honestly don't need it. I'd say you need Rock Slide way more since Ho-Oh gets a free switch-in on it and can potentially Burn something with Sacred Fire, on top of that, coming in on Charizard means that Sun would also boost Sacred Fire's power, seeing as nothing on your team really appreciates it. Also pointing out, Ho-Oh is a big threat to your team as you need Stealth Rock off the field if you want Charizard-Y to work, and that makes Ho-Oh party. About Palkia, Dialga and Arceus can take care of it for the most part. Last thing that should be mentioned, Mild nature allows you to KO Max HP Ho-Oh with Fire Blast + Rock Slide(assuming it switches in on Charizard). Don't worry about it lowering your defense that as you have Yveltal to check Extremekiller Arceus and Charizard doesn't really care about Scizor's Bullet Punch.

Nice team, Good luck! :]

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
Hey Aenonar, nice to see some Charizard teams, they're definetely interesting pokemon to use. I looked over and I don't really have much to suggest as any important suggestion would completely change the structure of the team. The only thing I suggest is using Stone Edge over Dragon Pulse on Charizard and using Mild nature over Modest nature on it. Although you mentioned you wanted Dragon Pulse for incoming Palkia, you honestly don't need it. I'd say you need Stone Edge way more since Ho-Oh gets a free switch-in on it and can potentially Burn something with Sacred Fire, on top of that, coming in on Charizard means that Sun would also boost Sacred Fire's power, seeing as nothing on your team really appreciates it. Also pointing out, Ho-Oh is a big threat to your team as you need Stealth Rock off the field if you want Charizard-Y to work, and that makes Ho-Oh party. About Palkia, Dialga and Arceus can take care of it for the most part. Last thing that should be mentioned, Mild nature allows you to KO Max HP Ho-Oh with Fire Blast + Stone Edge (assuming it switches in on Charizard). Don't worry about it lowering your defense that as you have Yveltal to check Extremekiller Arceus and Charizard doesn't really care about Scizor's Bullet Punch.

Nice team, Good luck! :]
charizard doesn't get stone edge, i'm assuming you mean rock slide?

thanks for the rate <3

Um your poll is messed up, how is Haruno above "0/5: garbage"? Fix pls.

Xerneas op :[[

might r8 l8er m8

Edit: "http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-147907678 is a fun replay showing this Xerneas set in action. BTW, HP Fire Crit on Scizor didn’t matter." HEEELLLLOOOOOOOOO
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 44 SpD Mega Scizor in Rain: 276-328 (80.4 - 95.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
I'm lucky af, so I would have lived (even if not, it still was 50% so it did matter. idek either way tho, its w/e but still it did matter)

Last edited:

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You claim you can beat all Kyogre variants, but SDef Kyogre seems like it can kick the crap out of this team. Your only real switch is vulnerable to burns, Dialga can't do enough damage to really beat it, and it can get free turns off of Charizard by switching in since you don't have Sunny Day. It pretty much forces you to burn Xerneas's Power Herb so you can cripple it with Moonblast, which is not the best idea since its your primary sweeper. Running Sunny Day on Charizard-Y over Focus Blast would help a lot so you can deny it free turns as much as possible.

The other big weakness is SD Arceus-Ground, it can potentially 6-0es this team with SR up. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix this weakness without changing too much of your team. You can run Adamant on Zekrom at least to do more damage with Outrage, only thing you can do is be aggressive and make sure it doesn't get to SD for free. Thankfully, it can only really set up on Zekrom locked into an Electric move, and if SR isn't up Yveltal lives +2 Stone Edge guaranteed.

Pretty good team overall, I'm not a huge fan of Zard-Y in Ubers but it's pretty strong when used properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)