A Capella glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Capella does not gain the boost (2x) when there is another Pokémon on the team with it. I can get a log of this where a Specs Porygon Z did more damage with Tri-Attack than with A Capella if necessary.

The other Pokémon with A Capella was not fainted, and in fact had not even entered battle yet, when A Capella was used.

I thought A Capella only gained power if the Pokemon used A Capella before you did.

So Pokemon A uses A Capella at normal strength.

Then Pokemon B uses A Capella and it gets a boost.

I could be wrong but I thought that was the mechanic of the move, and having members of your party with the move had no difference on its' power.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Bulbapedia said:
Canon will damage the entire opposing team in a double or triple battle if it hits. It will double in power to 120 if used consecutively by teammates and will be used by teammates directly after the first user regardless of speed.
The move only boosts in power if used in a Double or Triple battle by a teammate.

Stop ressurecting old threads, and use the SQSA thread for questions like these. Yes, all but the first Round used will have their damage increased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)