A Cold RMT, Please Rate my Hail Team

Hey, it's me kecleon, with another corny named RMT. Ratings, of course, are gladly appreciated.

Status (so far)

Wins
6-0s= 2
5-0s=4
4-0s=8
3-0s=10
2-0s=7
1-0s=4
Draws=0

Losses
6-0ed= 0
5-0ed= 0
4-0ed= 2
3-0ed= 3
2-0ed= 6
1-0ed= 7
Draws=0

Alright now for the...Team

My Lead:

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
Timid
252 spA, 252 speed, 6 attack

-Blizzard
-Leech Seed
-Substitute
-Brick Break

Description: Isn't abamosnow on every hail team? I mean common. It's pretty self-explanatory why it is my lead. Now before I get flamed for not having Focus Punch, Brick Break is way better. Especially in this Metagame. I won't always get off a substitute which means I wouldn't always get off an FP. And besides, Brick Break helps wear down non-scarfed Heatran and usually kills it late game. Blizzard is pretty self explanatory and leech seed is to sap whatever fire gets switched in and to stall cune.

Next:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SpA

-Wish
-Surf
-HP Electric
-Protect

Description: Pretty Standard Vaporeon If i must say so myself. It's ONE of the pokemon that prevents heatran/other fire rape. It also heals my team up with wish and self recovers with Wish+Protect. HP electrick is for Gyrados and surf is for ape. Vaporeon is a great support, especially in this team.

Here is:

Froslass @ BrightPowder/Choice Specs
Timid
255 speed, 255 spec attack

-Thunderbolt
-Destiny Bond
-Shadow Ball
-Blizzard

Description: Froslass has been a problem for me actually. BrightPowder would be for Evasion which people would complain about and I can't always rely on it, especially on switching in. Most of the time, however, it does avoid hits. Destiny Bond is for T-tar that wants to crunch her head off. Froslass kills Gengar also as Hypnosis almost never hits her in hail. She also kills off gengar with Shadow ball and Hail will break the sash. Froslass for specs, that's a good idea but it is still not considered.

Next:

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Adamant
252 attack 252 speed 6 HP

-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
-Stone Edge

Description: Mamoswine makes a great pokemon on a hail team. It kills non-yache-chomp, with a speedy Ice shard and wears down Deo-S, and is one of my only hopes to Azelf. It's not the smogon one, but who cares, Skarm is not a worry with Heatran/Abamosnow/Ape/And froslass backing me up now is it? Stone Edge is for Gyra, Ice fang for STAB, ice shard for STAB and to outspeed scarf chomp/zelf, etc. And Earthquake for STAB and to kill tran and others like Tyranitar.

Next:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive
230 attack, 252 speed, 22 spA

-Grass Knot
-Close Combat
-Mach Punch
-Flare Blitz

Descritpion: Well I know most of my attacks are physical, but I need that small Special Attack power to OHKO swamp with Grass Knot. Mach Punch is to suprise Lucarios that set up. Flare Blitz is an awesome STAB move, and Close Combat, must I explain people??
Sorry there wasn't much to say about ape :toast:

And finally:

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Modest
252 spA, 252 speed, 6 HP

-Explosion
-Flamethrower
-FlashCannon
-Dragon Pulse

Description: Well, I know this is one of the more common OUs but it is great on a hail team indeed. It takes Fire hits powering up its flamethrower to 100+ base power and then singes anything that comes in. Dragon Pulse if for Dragons and Flashcannon is another STAB move to take out Tyranitar. Heatran works great and counters Azelf. Can also take a hit or two for Deoxys-S and later on kill it. Kills skarm, zong, you name it. Heatran is nice. Oh, and for Explosion, that's for Blissey, Cress, Gyra, and Vaporeon that like to get bulky in the game.

Theat List soon to come...

However, I have to say already that ScarfHera does a lot to this team with stone Edge and CloseCombat, i've gotta be careful hear

Thanks for taking a look at my team, please rate anything you see. Thanks!

Why are you using Brick Break + Sub,use Focus Punch,it works better with Sub together,because it does more Damage to Heatran etc.
Replace Vaporeon with Wallrein,it also walls Gyarados,and benefits from Hail.I dont know,why you play Infernape in a Hail Team,replace it with Gliscor,it set up Rocks and Walls CB TTar,which OHKOs every Member with right Predictiion.A Spinner is always needed in a Hail Team,Fire resist too.Use Tentacruel > Froslass.

Hope it helped.

Did you even read the descriptions...Why do you think Ape is there? Fire resistance and Walrein is another bore. Also, I get wish off of Vap and Vap makes a much better wall also CB Ttar killing every member of this team, that's a laugh ahahahaha read the description and next time please come back with more knowledgable points

Do you know that CB Stone Edge OHKOs everything of your Team except Vaporeon (2hko).And you wanna tell me that you use Infernape as Fire resist ? Which get 2HKO'd by Heatran's Fire Blast ? Vaporeon is a better Wall in Hail than Walrein ? lol,made my day

edit: Agility Meta Weak,it outspeeds everything and OHKOs everything except Vaporeon,another threat which Walrein easily walls.

well, baris im not here to have an argument and did you forget about Mach punch and Destiny bond? FlashCannon ring a bell? and Yes Vaporeon is such a better wall than Walrein as stated (has no self healing moves) By you saying Walrein is better is like saying Leftovers saves Tentacruel, and Ape can take a fire blast/flamethrower/fire fang and backfire with one of its moves. Did you forget that Ape is one of the fastest fire type pokemon in the game???Ya you just made my day

Kecleon. Baris is absolutely correct. In Hail, Walrein is arguably the best wall.
It has:
Leftovers + IceBody + Plus Subs + Protect + Toxic + 100% Blizzard makes it pretty unstopable.

Steel is a generally weak attacking type on any pokemon, especially when they have better options.

Use HP Ice or HP Electric on Heatran instead

(actually, I thought about it a little, and it makes more sense with all the Ice moves you have in your team, but at least consider Electric so that Gyara fears him)

Your best wall is Vaporeon and she is not even that great of a wall, Infernape makes sense to leave as you already have to pokemon countering Fire types.

I can't think of a wall now, but something to take status would be nice

Thank You hotpocket and Soul I will consider the Walrein, thanks

EDIT: Possible Ideas for Ape

Infernape @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Jolly
255 speed 255 attack

-Swords Dance
-Fire Punch
-Close Combat
-ThunderPunch

EDIT:

Guys the Walrein Idea just scares me a little because of Stone Edge, and Close Combat I know that walrein makes a great wall in hail however, I just don't want to open up another fighting weakness

Heatran-Weak to fighting but outspeeds most fighting types
Mamoswine-Can't do much againts them
Abamosnow-Can't do much to fast ones
Walrein-Can't take a good CloseCombat

Your forgetting Frosslass is a Ghosty. Anyway, unless your a Ice type LO just doesn't work in Hail. Especcially with a recoil move. There are better sweepers in Hail than Infernape, I just can't think of them at the moment.
EDIT: I think you need to make Aboma more bulky, unless you plan to outspeed something with it. And SD or NP Ape is not good. You get hit while stat up and die. Ape doesn't have the best defenses in the world.

Did I list Froslass?
Abamosnow does not need to be bulky.
SD ape can set up vs. a skarm, blissey, or scarftran who will all most likely be switched out

Hail with no walrien or toxic spikes is a horrible idea. Walrien is the only reason why you should use a hail team. Use grass knot if predicting and getting a sub up to focus punch is to hard for you. Take ape out of your team, all you are doing is stalling yourself.

Hippowdon offers great coverage for your team, and even if you are running a hail team the stab eq and rock resistance is enough to make it work. It can help with your metagross and tyranitar weakness and it gets stealth rock up.

Hail with no walrien or toxic spikes is a horrible idea. Walrien is the only reason why you should use a hail team. Use grass knot if predicting and getting a sub up to focus punch is to hard for you. Take ape out of your team, all you are doing is stalling yourself.

Hippowdon offers great coverage for your team, and even if you are running a hail team the stab eq and rock resistance is enough to make it work. It can help with your metagross and tyranitar weakness and it gets stealth rock up.
Lol, hailstorm team...

Wait a minute!

Thats a good idea

I think a choice Scarfer in this team could really do good (Heracross?)

Because this team relies on countering Ice's natural enemies so if one of your counters goes down, you should at least try to stop that pokemon with something faster

I will comment on this:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive
230 attack, 252 speed, 22 spA

-Grass Knot
-Close Combat
-Mach Punch
-Flare Blitz

Wrong. Make it have 0 / 56 / 0 / 200 / 0 / 252 EV's and also give it this moveset: Hidden Power [Ice] / Flamethrower / ThunderPunch / Close Combat.

This moveset gives you the BoltBeam strategy in the form of HP and T-Punch, and Flamethrower gets STAB, along with Close Combat.

Flare Blitz & Life Orb = Suicide

SU

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)