A Fluffy Bird Trapping.. I've Seen It All

It started as a joke but i feel this idea has potential
I see about at least 50% having at most one steel pokemon offensive or defensive i killed about 7 OU Steel Types so far with this strategy of mine

But This team is in need of Innovations i see
So without further ado

Team Last Soprano

Houndoom (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Early Bird
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Counter
- Protect

- Dark Pulse
- OverHeat

SashDoom I my starter Pokemon
Why You Ask?
Protect Scouts as well as possibly seeing any new Pokemon
Overheat and Dark Pulse usually will kill any starter that is slow/weak to it
The sash/counter is for Pokemon that are faster than it like Priority Moves, or Scarf Pokemon.

Claydol @ Light Clay Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP /52 ATK /96 Def / 104 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock

This team starts with a Claydol, A Screen Utility set

why you ask i use it?

And especially in a environment like this?
Claydol, while less sturdier than other walls like Uxie and Cresellia can not only set up Stealth Rock and the Screens It can take them away as well something neither Pokemon can do

Light Clay for extending the Time Of The Screens which is Very Helpful

Altaria (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Perish Song
OK OK I know Your Probably Saying "What the heck? Why use this dragon if your using two? You could use Salamance!" well all dragons except Altaria Don't know Perish Song, The Focus of this team Strategy. Perish song disrupts baton passing, or even setting up in general and while roar and haze is quicker perish song will automatically faint the pokemon if their dumb enough to stay in. Perish song is unexpected as well and combos well with Magneton

Magneton @ Zap Plate???
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 108 HP / 148 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Endure
- Protect
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

This Guy and Altaria Are the reason This team is called Last Soprano. Magnet Pull after Perish Song means unless you run shed shell you steel type is gone. taking away a valuable sweeper/wall

Protect is for u-turn negation the second weakness of this combo

Thunderbolt/Flash Cannon is for stab
Endure is to still survive any super effective moves after protect doesn't work anymore

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 56 Atk / 184 Def / 16 Spd / 96 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge

This Gyarados Has A different Ev Spread So It Can Survive Hits While A Dragon Dance Can Still Make It a threat. i sacrificed its Ev's in attack and speed So that With a Reflect Screen It can survive electric attacks such as a Thunderpunch from Electivire(55.7% - 67.3% after Intimidation factor) this Gyarados can also beat other Gyarados who had one dd after a taunt and one DD also

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Levitate
EVs: 136 Atk / 244 Spd / 128 SAtk
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast/ThunderPunch???

Scarfgon with my own EV set
LateGame Sweeper

Why you ask?
Scarfgon, While it gives Me a Huge Weakness Because of Me using 2 Dragons. it gives me that extra strength to tear through mid-end game

Draco Meteor Takes Out Dragons that Could Otherwise tear my strategy apart

U turn to get a free hit and scout
Earthquake Is Stab
(I'm a bit confused on what the last move Should Be
ThunderPunch Can Give me a Unexpected Drop On Bulky Waters like GyaraDos
Fire Blast generally does more however) I'm using Thunderpunch for now
This team against

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well there's The Last Soprano For you any comments or suggestions to make it better are welcome Thanks

Okay, I see what you're doing here with the Magneton/Altaria, and I like it. You can put in a Dugtrio as well, with Protect/Sash/Protect, and see how it works.
Also, Magnezone is only superior to Magneton, since it is OU you're playing.
I kinda like the Gyara set. It's not the best I've seen, but it's original and I guess it can work.
Drop the idea about giving Flygon T-punch, because after an intimidate, you can't OHKO a Gyara anyway.
Otherwise, I like the team, especially that Houndoom.
However, on Claydol, you should drop all the Atk EVs, though make it Impish.
You don't need EVs to make Rapid Spin hurt. But since you don't run any special attacks, so why lower Rapid Spins power?
Well, that's all I've got now.
Good luck, and I really like the team.

For Magneton:
Magnezone outclasses in everyway, apart from speed which is not really a priority as for the tactic you are using him in it does not seem important as you are using a priority move. Magnezone is obviously a superior choice, with better bulk and special attack.
After protecting, endure only has a 50% chance to work. And after protecting, protect only has a 50% chance to work. Ditch endure, perhaps fill with a hidden power. Since the perish song count will drop to 3 on the first turn, 2 on the turn magneton switches in, protect will cover the turn it switches to 1, for the last turn you will be able to switch into a pokemon who can take an attack aimed at Magneton/Magnezone(after you swap it) and they will be unable to switch.

I like the idea, but basing the team around taking out the steel means you should tear a steel lacking team apart. To do this I suggest making your Flygon purely physical, with U-Turn Or Fire Punch/Earthquake/Outrage/Thunderpunch. Outrage will tear apart a heavy proportion of things not typed steel. The reason I suggest Fire Punch instead of U-Turn is purely because of the fact it is clearing up, and not scouting.

Apart from Magneton (whos purpose is not to attack) and Flygon's 2 special attacks (which I recommend getting rid of) this team does not harm pokemon by special attacking means (Houndoom is not acting as an attacker but an anti-lead/scout). To resolve this I propose you place Claydol as lead, as it can spin away hazards and may be able to get your two screens up and replace Houndoom with a hard hitting special attacker like Gengar or Jolteon whom both can significantly damage the other team and and so early game offensive pace. While this Claydol lead would be taunt weak, rapid spin could stop them placing down the early game stealth rocks that most taunt leads apply.

I do have doubts about this claydol lead, but I don't see houndoom doing too much and believe his slot could be better used.

Also get rid of the attack EVs on Claydol, they are not doing anything really, rapid spin is for the effect not the damage. These EVs will have no real effect on the game.

Hope I helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)