A Full Moxie Team - Mind games start from team preview: Please Help

Of course I know a full moxie team is not competitively worthy, but I am aiming for a win.

Please help with moves, coverage, items and stuffs. I especially need helps in EVs because I don't play pokemon a lot now.

Team Preview:

It all starts in team preview. It is a very important part of affecting your opponent. Once your opponent see a complete moxie team, they would think"Ah this guy must be an noob" or "this is a 6-year-old that had played pokemon for 3 months". That is exactly what I needed. When the opponent is prejudice against noob, their IQ is lowered by 6 stages to 25. The opponent would think that he would win all the mind games, then here my chance comes.

Why Moxie?

A full moxie team means that, any kills will give you a boost. How many times have you fight a 6-0? Smart opponents will try not to die any single pokemon or stall me out. That is the exactly right tactic indeed as I can do nothing except forfeit. Unluckily, I can't find a Moxie to stall with them (because poisoned or burnt kill is excluded as a Moxie kill to boost attack). If you can, please advise me.

As there are a lot of life orb users, probably one can't sweep till the end, but that is acceptable. Usually 1 initial kill and make me get 1 to 2 more extra kills. The opponents will have revenge killers, but they won't have a lot. Full Moxie is a High Risk High Reward strategy. I usually got killed fast, probably very soon I will be loosing 3-6. But as long as the opponent starts to lose pokemon, things will turn around. I have snatched victories from the jaws of defeat numerous times. Probably around 2 kills is all I need. Once the opponent start losing coverage and resistance, I can start punishing him with even neutral hits.

The Discrimination Punishing Team:

Krookodile @ life orb
Moxie
252 ATK / 252 SPD / 4 SDEF (Jolly)
- Stelath Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge​

Krookdile don't usually won me the match. However, somepokemon have to do the dirty work and he is the one. I have to put him first and really release him first to get the opponent to think that I am an noob. So I put him first in team preview and I really release him first in battle. Its ok that he was killed: just do the dirty work of Taunt and Stealth Rock.

Gyarados@ leftovers
Moxie
252 SDEF / 252 SPD / 4 HP (Careful)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance​
Gyarados is my special defender. It is not very stable as it is 4x weak against electric, so i probably cant release him early in battle. But still his natural stats make him a great special wall. And when opponents decided to stall, dragon dance is always there.

Scrafty@lefovers
Moxie
252 HP / 156 DEF / 100 SDEF (Impish)
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Bulk Up​
Scrafty is my physical defender. Just a normal Bulk-Up-Drain-Puncher except it's Moxie. In fact I really need help on this one: How should the EVs be? What elemental punches should I pick?

Heracross@ life orb
Moxie
252 ATK / 252 SPD / 4 DEF (Jolly)
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake​
Heracross is the one usually winning the match for me. First of all, it is life orb because I need to keep the freedom of picking moves, so no choice items. If he got an attack boost but then have to switch out, then then the boost is just wasted.
Secondly, no sword dance because I can't give up on any one of the move for coverage. It is worth noting that Heracross is the one facing an immense amount of switching, thus I really need all the moves.
The important strategy is how to beat switching while the opponent still thinks that I am an noob afterwards? The answer is simple: pretend to be pressing randomly. I shall just look at the remaining pokemon and pick moves. For example, if Poison is on the field while the remaining ones are Psychic and Flying respectively and the opponent had been switching around, then I shall just pick Stone edge. I just have to press it quickly. Do not be worried that the opponent will play mind games with me by not switching: it had never happened. It sort of proved that my psychological tactic is working.

Salamence@ life orb

Moxie
252 SATK / 252 SPD / 4 ATK (Rash)
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake​
Salamence is my special attacker. It can break physical walls as well as the annoying steels by special attack, get the inital boost, and carry on with physical attack. I have to use him very carefully because he it the only one that is capable of breaking walls unexpectedly. If he dies without taking down anything, I usually lose. Hydro pump is for Gliscor, while Fire Blast is for Skarmony, and it is also doing good to hit even it neutral.

Honchkrow@ life orb
Moxie
252 ATK / 252 SPD / 4 DEF
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Drill Peck/Brave Bird
- Roost​
Honchkrow is my revenge killer and trapper, it can get the initial kill so easily. Everyone know how its function by its moves. However it is worth noting that opponents are completely surprised by Roost. Noob using roost? Really? Just using it before the opponent thinks I am going to take down his poke together with mine can win me the match.

Why are they not used?
In my team, Gyarados, Scrafty and Salamence are the core which cannot be replaced. Heracross does more damage than Pinsir and is faster, Honchkrow is so effective in getting initial kill, and Krookodile can do all the dirty work. So no to Pinsir. Mightyena? Unless I want to use thief.

Explanation and Conclusion:

As long as there is a super stalling or ultra defensive pokemon, I will lose unless the opponent makes stupid mistakes or mispredict. I know very clearly of that. This is a fun team, so DO NOT expect me to argue with you whether I should use Moxie or not.

However, the reason that I must stick with a FULL Moxie team, is to lower the opponent's wariness. I am very sure adding in a Blissey or Skarmony can increase the chance of winning, but then my opponent will also stay sharp. If he sees that he will keep his mind all the way until the end. I have used this team in quite a number of battles and I can tell that, opponents that are really careful with this team are like 20% or less.

I can actually trick the opponent by using the same team but change some of the abilities from Moxie, but then noob won't do that. Once he discovers that its not Moxie, he will regain his conscious. After all, what can be more fun than making your opponent thinks that he is beaten by a 6-year-old that had played pokemon for 3 months?

* Sorry for language mistakes, my first language isn't English.

Last edited:
You're not really supposed to post "joke" teams... I know this is for fun, but really... Also, not many people consider Roost on Honchkrow noobish imo.

The problem with this team isn't so much that it isn't trolling, but that it is very gimmicky. One ability on a Pokemon is meh.

ALSO: Why is there random red everywhere?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)