a genius team

this is one of my most successful teams but advice is always good (peaked at 40 currently sitting at 67)

Skarmory

Leftovers
Impish
252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Sturdy

Stealth Rock
Spikes
Whirlwind
Roost

My lead. He is actually much more effective in ubers than ou for some reason. The thing i like most about this guy is he can easily shrug off most physical attacks aimed at him doesnt matter if its super effective or not. I can generally get a layer or sr and spikes and whirlwind is used if they use substitute or a set up move. Sturdy allows it to survive one hit guaranteed so they will definitely be whirlwinded.

Kyogre

Leftovers
Bold
252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Drizzle

Calm Mind
Sleep Talk
Surf
Rest

A key member of my team. He sets up the rain. This is one of my favourite competitive pokemon. If he can get a cm in before another kyogre comes, he can stall very well with rest and sleep talk while getting more cms or dealing some damage. At +4 he can kill opposing kyogres with surf. This guy is extremely hard to take down thanks to his incredible bulk at either end of the spectrum and he is my darkrai counter. He can switch in and take dark void then sleep talk while they nasty plot if im lucky surf gets picked and i kill him, if im not he sets up +6 SpA and i get 6-0. Not changing the moveset but i dont mind changing evs, item and nature.

Serperior

Leftovers
Modest
252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Contrary

Leaf Storm
Glare
Light Screen
Reflect

Leaf storm with contrary is amazing. Period. It can destroy things that have a 4x resist which is very impressive. Glare comes in handy every now and again paralysing key sweepers (or i can kill them with leaf storm). I also switch into him if the oppponent has kyogre and i have not used a cm yet and he takes care of it pretty well. The dual screens are absolutely useless on him i dont think i have used them once, please suggest something new. Hp fire worked well in ou but with rain up its not gonna do much. Hp rock also worked well but it wont hit much stuff for super in ubers. I also switch him into ttar or hippowdon, most of the time i can nail the ko and keep rain up permanently if they dont switch, in that case i switch to kyogre and try to lure it out again and ko with water spout.

Testing cm grass arceus and shaymin s

Kingdra

Leftovers
Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Swift Swim

Waterfall
Outrage
Dragon Dance
Subsitute

He is actually the only member of my team that abuses the rain lol. His acceptable bulk means i can set up at least 1 dragon dance. Waterfall and outrage are his 2 STAB moves and provide good coverage. This guy is a great revenge killer thanks to his speed and decent atk before a dd. Sub is to block status. This guy gets walled easily by groudon and when im trapped into outrage he can set up which is a problem. Also willing to change the nature from jolly to adamant.

I suck at using him.Period. Testing Latios

Mewtwo

Choice Scarf
Modest
252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
Pressure

Psystrike
Aura Sphere
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

My second gem i have discovered while competitive battling (the first being rest talk kyogre). Scarf mewtwo is a complete monster. He can easily outspeed most things and will clean up all weakened opponents. The best thing about him is it is completely unexpected. He has great coverage with the boltbeam combo as well as the ability to hit special walls with psystrike. Aura sphere is mainly a filler. But seriously he is a monster and if you don't believe me try it out yourself.

Lugia

Leftovers
Calm
252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
Multiscale

Substitute
Recover
Whirlwind
Toxic

The best wall in the game imo. He has won me so many games when its 3-1 to the opponent and he out stalls all 3. I don't include a spinner because it doesn't affect my other pokemon much excpet this guy. SR takes out 25% which is annoying and i cant use multiscale until i use recover. Sub is to block secondary effects mostly but it does let it take dragon tails from giratina as well which is nice. Recover is to keep me alive and allows me to reuse multiscale and toxic is for stalling.

Alright thats it i think im sitting at 100/21000 on the uber ladder on pokemon online but i reckon with some advice this team could go far. So please criticise and be harsh.

-You seem to forget that nearly all Kyogre's (at least the ones I've seen) carry Thunder, and it will still hurt even with a CM. And if you're running CroOgre (CrOgre?), maybe you should run Scald or Surf > Water Spout, as there is only a 33% chance of using it while asleep, and you probably will take a hit, making it less powerful (plus theres 8 PP)
-Run Substitute or RestoChesto on Kingdra > Iron Head. You should consider running Adamant > Jolly, as with Adamant you reach 317 atk and 538 Speed, which is more than enough to outspeed non-scarfed Deoxys-A.

changed iron head to sub and testing surf
if kyogre gets a cm in and they switch into kyogre he can get hit by thunder (which takes about 44%) and then cm and rest. At this point he can take 3 thunders from scarf (specs kills me) the only thing which sucks is he only just survives so if they crit its over for me or if i get para

also i think i need a spinner or sorts so advise on that as well its not completely necessary but it has been pissing me off lately

Nice triple post BTW. Serperor is not viable in Ubers imo. It hits Groudon and Kyogre for SE Damage. It doesn't K.O. anything else and is easily Shut down by, Blissey, Dialga, Palkia, Mewtwo, All Deoxys formes (Minus Defense), Reshiram, Zekrom, Ferrothorn, Forretress, And without boosts Kyogre takes Leaf Storm in Stride and easily 0HKO's it with Ice Beam. Am I done yet?

Nice bump btw.

Also, uber is rather stale nowadays. Just because you got 100/21000 on Ubers means nothing, there are only about a handful of people who don't suck in it.

Serperior doesn't really cut it in Ubers, even with Contrary boosted Leaf Storm. I suggest you add Palkia or Ferrothorn instead. Preferably Ferro if you want a Grass type.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)