A Good Core Means Almost Everything

Ho! What's going on my cereal eating friends, and if you don't eat cereal, then what on earth are you eating? Anyway, here's a team!

What I like about this team is the good core in conjunction with all the priority my team has, making 3 good revenge killers. That's always handy. Please be sure to add any comment about the team that you think could help it. Thanks.

Team Building Process:

I had decided to make a good defensive core, and found that a specially defensive Heatran and physically defensive Celebi was almost perfect synergy defensively. I then needed a good offensive core.

Ah, the ever-popular Scizor + Rotom W combination with U-turn and Volt Switch. Why does everyone use this? Because it's good. It's very good, actually. With a CB on Scizor and Scarf on Rotom, things go well. Now, I wanted something to "punch" holes in the enemy team, hard.

Conkeldurr is so powerful. He can easily sweep late game and just destroys mons like nothing. He has a good place on this team and has good synergy as well.

What for the last slot? Hmm, I thought about this for a LONG time, because I just didn't know what to put. I thought about an offensive Deoxys S and even a few others. Finally, I decided on a baton pass gliscor, who supports this team quite well.

Well, Gliscor wasn't really doing anything, so thanks to a suggestion from a good old Smogonite, I decided to give my team Dragonite. He adds the ability to set up and get a sweep going. Woot Woot.

Heatran @ Leftovers - CORE MEMBER 1
Nature: Calm [+SpD, -Atk]
Ability: Flash Fire
56 SpA / 252 HP / 200 SpD
-Fire Blast
-Stealth Rock
-Toxic
-Protect

In Depth:
Heatran has always been one of my favorite special walls. This is a somewhat unused set, but I like the way it works. The EV's provide good special walling, but still provide a good punch with the extra SpA. That's where Fire Blast comes in instead of Lava Plume. I don't like Lava Plume, because it's just SO weak. Besides, I really don't need the burn so bad. Stealth Rock is the best move in the game, so that's why it's on here. Toxic is good when a switch is forced, because it works so well with Protect. Protect is also there to scout moves, because one wrong prediction can just destroy Tran. EQ/Epower = Bye Bye Heatran.

Celebi @ Leftovers - CORE MEMBER 2
Nature: Bold [+Def, -Atk]
Ability: Natural Cure
4 Spe / 252 HP / 252 Def
-Giga Drain
-Recover
-Thunder Wave
-Psychic
In Depth:
Celebi is there balance to the core. It's typing makes a good defensive wall. The EV's provide max defense while adding 4 speed to outspeed some other base 100's who aren't at all invested in it. Giga Drain is STAB and good recovery. The better recovery, however, is Recover, hints the name. Thunder Wave is a pretty important move to me. It saves me oftenly, because I can switch into a non CB Haxorus Outrage, live 1, and get a T-Wave off next turn so it can be revenged by another poke later. That's just an example of how it can save me. Psychic is also STAB, and provides good coverage. I may replace it with something if I can think of a better move there.

Scizor @ Choice Band - Switch Advantage 1
Nature: Adamant [+Atk, -SpA]
Ability: Technician
12 Spe / 244 HP / 252 Atk
-U-Turn
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Superpower
In Depth:
U-turn and Bullet Punch are the bread and butter of this set. One of the ways this team works, is that the defensive core widdles down the opponent, then Scizor comes in late game and cleans everyone up with priority, STAB, Technician boosted, Choice Banded Bullet Punch. DAMN. U-turn is to get the switch initiative for my team. Pursuit is to pursuit trap annoying pokes like Latios and others. Superpower provides extra coverage and stuff. The EV's provide good bulk, great attack, and enough speed for out-speeding enemy Scizors with similair sets.

Rotom W @ Choice Scarf - Switch Advantage 2
Nature: Modest [+SpA, -Atk]
Ability: Levitate
252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Hidden Power [ice]
-Trick

In Depth:
Rotom W is one of the best pokes to put with Scizor in my opinion. Volt Switch is the main move so I can get switch advantage or maintain it. Hydro Pump is STAB and has good power. Hidden Power ice is for dragons, since I don't have enough pokes with ice moves. Also, Trick is for getting rid of the scarf if needed or for crippling walls.

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb - Physical Powerhouse
Nature: Brave [+Atk, -Spe]
Ability: Guts
136 SpD / 120 HP / 252 Atk
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Payback
-Stone Edge
In Depth:
Flame Orb is my favorite set for Conk. I love having Flame Orb, because it's like being able to easily get a boost in power, while letting him retain the ability to have both Payback and Stone Edge. Brave is the preferred nature so Payback can have maximum damage always. The EV's might change, but I'm definitely keeping the max attack. Drain Punch is to regain health lost from Flame Orb. Mach Punch is a must, because it's just so good. Payback is also incredibly good. With the Flame Orb, Conk 1 shots the standard Jellicent set and can usually take out Reuniclus as well. Though, I've never really wanted to stay in on one with Conk. Stone Edge is great coverage for Conk, and this team does need a rock move.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry - Sweep Sweep
Nature: Adamant [+Atk, -SpA]
Ability: Multi Scale
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Punch
-Extremespeed
-Dragon Dance
In Depth:
Thanks to pimpinberto for suggesting this Dragonite. I definitely like it's ability to sweep after my other pokes have worn the other team down and provided a good opportunity to switch D-Nite in. Lum Berry so a burn won't hinder him useless. Adamant nature to increase the power of espeed, and he's getting a speed boost anyway after a Dragon Dance. Fire punch is to hit steels that resist Dragon Claw, which is his main STAB attack. The best thing for walling him would be a Heatran, so I just need to try and get Tran out of here before I go on.

So that's my team. Please leave a comment below with any criticism you have for the team. Thanks for reading.

Hey nice team!! I love teams that go for momentum with cores...A good core is hard to beat, but the general purpose of a core is to either set up a sweep for a mon, or lay down hazards for stall...This isn't a stall team nor does anyone on ur team have means of boosting stats for a sweep...Easily i can see the mon that should be replaced is gliscor...its not doing much for u...Switch it for a dragonite...

Dragonite@lum berry
Ability: Multi Scale
Nature: adamant
Ev's: 252 atk 252 spd 4hp

dragon claw
fire punch
extremespeed
dragon dance

Nite is a mon that could set up a sweep for u...lets u be on the offensive for a change, as ur mostly relying on coverage to do the job for you...dragon claw for those that dont resist, fire punch for those that do...and extremespeed helps preserve ur scizor for revenging...

Hp fire on celebi for sure...it lets it hurt a wider range of things, though StAB psychic is nice too...celetran and scrotom trolls bro... ALSO, bulk up should go on ur conkeldurr, its a bit standard, but works

Thanks for the Dragonite suggestion. I added him to the team because, like said, it gives my team someone who can set up and sweep easily.

Flame Orb looks good on paper but it runs through Conkeldurr. Leftovers does prolong his life and with Drain Punch all the more so, especially considering Sand Teams. Without Leftovers against a Sand Team your viable Terrakion/Tyranitar counter is doomed to failure. Granted you got Rotom but leaving it to him might make thngs complicated once he gets unplugged

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)