A hand-made team (OU RMT)

A hand-made team

Welcome, everybody, to my RMT. Since this is my first one and my first time in this community I want to introduce myself and tell my boring story.
It all began a months ago in my birthday when I got a gift. A pokemon game. Pokemon Black to be exact. I got obssesed with it playing over 600+ hours of in-game crap. One day on my high school a guy told me to battle him. I accepted. Without further ado we battled. There he was. That ***cker with his team of shiny Arceus (AR Codes, screw you) fucking me over all back and forth. The shock was big for me looking how my first online battle was that bad. A few laters while searching "how to kill a uber noob" in Google I ended up in a forum of competitive battles. I began to browse and the months passed by seeing how I learned to IV breed, EV train and batlle like a man. Just to make this thing short I beated that guy but then realized that I just learned a lot of things and I loved the game more than ever. I wanted to fight more. Then I downloaded Pokemon Online because on the Random Wi-fi all the people disconnects if they lose and that pissed me. So in the simulator I just reached like...1200 and place 1000 on the leaderboard. I know that sucks but in here to be better. Without further ado let's begin with this RMT.
P.S. If you see and grammatic error please point them out. I'm mexican it's not my first lenguage, so please bare with me, please.

Team at a glance

First, the team building process.

I started off with some of the pokemons that I like as sweepers, Gyarados and Breloom.

Scizor fitted well in the team. That compiled a fire weakness. Heatran joined the party. Scizor joined the party.

I loved how Scizor and Rotom-W volt-swicht taking out each other counter. Rotom-W joined the party.

One last spot. Hmmm. Hmmm. The SkarmBliss combo walled me all the way to Argentina. Infernape toast them. Skarmory with overheat and blissey with Close combat. Or Scizor with superpower. Now this looks like a decent team. Infernape joined the party.

Rain teams walked all over me and to be honest with myself Gyarados seemed like kinda slapped on the team because he doesn't have a motive at all. Therefore Latias joined the party.

In depth look.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn

He's most of the time my lead and works like a banded scout with U-turn working in pair with Rotom taking on each other counter. The EV's are pretty standark just like the set. It's what pretty much every Scizor is running (and the swords dance variants) but they do it becuase it works. Anyways, he's my revenge killer too, with his badass Technician, STABed, Choice banded booster bullet punch he can put some great damage, sadly, it's coverage sucks. But that doesn't stop him from being one of today top threats.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Rotom-W is Scizor's BFF working together volt-switching all the way the way to argentina. Rotom-W can work too like a revenge killer and maybe even go for a little sweep alone. Whathever, Hydro pump is his main STAB, thunderbolt is there for Gyarados because I've been watching a lot of DD Gyarados carrying just substitute because a lot of Rotom's just carry the volt-swicht. Hidden power Ice is for the dragons and things like that, I might consider switching it to HP Fire but I'm not that sure, or maybe even trick to shit over some walls.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice

Oh, Tran, he's my stealth rocker, the plan with his is to go on something that can't hurt you and set up rocks or a substitute, Lava plume and Earth power have great synergy, I choose Lava plume over any other fire attack because it may get a burn on something like a incoming Terrakion trying to get a Close Combat in my face.
Edit: He's not a hybrid thingy with substitute and Lava plume like it used, it's an offensive variant and my last check to dragon who may have to relie on EQ to hit me, but not everything has changed his place as a stealth rocker is in there.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

This is the normal subpunching set, I don't know why but I love it. Breloom can use anything slower as a set-up fodder and proceed to kill thingys. I find it useful specially with all this Ferrothorn running around but must be careful when I send him because Thunder Wave can ruin him if the Poison heal isn't active yet. Anyways, this is the only thing I don't really want to change, but if it's neccesarry I will do it.

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 108 Atk / 148 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD)
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Mixape is my wall breaker, and with that badass speed he may even revenge stuff if it's reallt neccesary, CC is the main stab, U-turn is another scout move like the ones from Scizor and Rotom and Overheat nails Skarmory, which I hate, a lot. Stone edge is there, kinda risky, but I don't mind failing, it's a game after all. The EV's are tailored to his speed and atk stats because he can't a take a hit well even with investment in defenses, so, whathever.

Edit in the Infernape set: Like a rater recommended to get rid of the offensive tran set with defensive moves I decided to go to a offensive variant with Air Ballon which leaved a hole for Volcarona to sweep so Infernape has been changed to a scarf variant outspeeding Volcarona at plus one and striking with stone edge.

Latias @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 Hp/ 76 Sdef/ 180 Spd
Calm nature (+Spdef, +SpAtk)
-Wish
-HP Fire
-Dragon pulse
-Calm mind

Latias is here to parch that weakness to rain team, this cute lady can provide my team with wish support cuz' they don't have self-recovery moves and I must play them carefully, Dragon pulse is my reliable STAB, HP fire is the to nail Scizor, Ferrothorn and the likes who think they can beat me, Calm mind is to set up on useless things that can't damage at all and maybe go for the sweep alone. HP fire requires me to lower a 1 speed IV leaving me at 349, it hurts to lose the speed tie against Latios (Oni-chan) and Gengar but it's the price I have to pay.

Edit on the Latias set: As a rater pointed out Starmie can cause me problems, I tweaked the EV's and nature. With this Ev's I can outspeed pokemons with base 100, 252 ev's and positive nature, the rest is put on the special bulk to take hits from starmie better.

I'm open to all the suggestion, take the team for yourself if you want. But since i'm not good at all I think this might sucks. If you want tell me how much I suck and whatsoever, thanks for taking the time reading and maybe if you feel like it pointing something or giving me a rating.​

Importable.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Heatran @ Air Balloon
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Latias @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 Hp/ 252 Spd/ 4 Def
Calm nature (+Sdef, -Atk)
-Wish
-HP Fire
-Dragon pulse
-Calm mind

Oh, wait, just noticed I posted this on the wrong place, if a mod can place it in the OU RMT's I would really aprecciate it. Please.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Overall looks like a solid team, I can see LO Starmie potentially giving you some trouble if your Rotom goes down as Starmie can outspeed all your pokes and has the coverage to hit them all for super effective damage. To try to remedy this I would run a bulkier set on Latias and move the speed EVs into HP. Since you are already running HP Fire there is not really much of a point as you will be outsped by Lati@s and Gengar lacking HP Fire. Also sibce your Heatran is your SRer, you should definitely run a specially defensive set with max HP and max SpDef

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, cool team. Now, I don't like how you're trying to run a defensive Heatran moveset with Offensive Heatran EVs. Either go with one or the other. Seeing as this is a rather Offensively oriented team. I suggest going with an Air Balloon Heatran over your current variant. This allows it to make more use of a powerful STAB Fire Blast. It sets up Stealth Rock just as well, and with HP Ice, it can act as an emergency check to Landorus, DD Salamence, or Dragonite should Rotom-W or Scizor go down early. Provided you keep that Air Balloon in-tact of course. You will no longer be able to cripple bulky Volcarona, but I shall address that issue later.

Now, with an Offensive Heatran, your team may have some issues dealing with bulky variants of Volcarona, who can get themselves to +6/+6/+6 and power through with Bug Buzz. Also, offensive variants that carry Hidden Power Ground can break Heatran's Air Ballon with Bug Buzz, KO with HP Ground, and proceed to sweep the team. One thing you could do to mitigate this problem is to swap Infernape for a Choice Scarf variant. Not only is this Pokemon a valuable late game sweeper and revenge killer, it also remains a decent option for getting past Skarmory and crew, and can still provide momentum with U-turn. Now, Infernape will no longer be able to switch moves, and therefore, no longer wallbreak, but your team has enough Offensive potential that the loss wont be too significant.

GL
Air Balloon Heatran>hybrid Heatran
pros: Ground immunity, more Offensive potential, HP Ice to provide backup against Dragons/ Landorus
cons: no more Leftovers recovery, can't beat bulky Volcarona

Choice Scarf Infernape>Wallbreaker Infernape
pros: more Speed, late game sweeper, great momentum Pokemon, revenge kills Volcarona, Hydreigon, Scrafty, and others
cons: can no longer swap moves, but w/e

Heatran @ Air Balloon
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Hi, cool team. Now, I don't like how you're trying to run a defensive Heatran moveset with Offensive Heatran EVs. Either go with one or the other. Seeing as this is a rather Offensively oriented team. I suggest going with an Air Balloon Heatran over your current variant. This allows it to make more use of a powerful STAB Fire Blast. It sets up Stealth Rock just as well, and with HP Ice, it can act as an emergency check to Landorus, DD Salamence, or Dragonite should Rotom-W or Scizor go down early. Provided you keep that Air Balloon in-tact of course. You will no longer be able to cripple bulky Volcarona, but I shall address that issue later.

Now, with an Offensive Heatran, your team may have some issues dealing with bulky variants of Volcarona, who can get themselves to +6/+6/+6 and power through with Bug Buzz. Also, offensive variants that carry Hidden Power Ground can break Heatran's Air Ballon with Bug Buzz, KO with HP Ground, and proceed to sweep the team. One thing you could do to mitigate this problem is to swap Infernape for a Choice Scarf variant. Not only is this Pokemon a valuable late game sweeper and revenge killer, it also remains a decent option for getting past Skarmory and crew, and can still provide momentum with U-turn. Now, Infernape will no longer be able to switch moves, and therefore, no longer wallbreak, but your team has enough Offensive potential that the loss wont be too significant.

GL
Air Balloon Heatran>hybrid Heatran
pros: Ground immunity, more Offensive potential, HP Ice to provide backup against Dragons/ Landorus
cons: no more Leftovers recovery, can't beat bulky Volcarona

Choice Scarf Infernape>Wallbreaker Infernape
pros: more Speed, late game sweeper, great momentum Pokemon, revenge kills Volcarona, Hydreigon, Scrafty, and others
cons: can no longer swap moves, but w/e

Heatran @ Air Balloon
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
After some testing the ballon tran and the Scarfed Mixape worked very well, thanks, I'll change that. That pic of yours is obsenely cute...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)