A Nice Balanced Team(Hopefully!)

Hello, and welcome!
This is my effort at building a powerful and well balanced team in UU.
Any help/CONSTRUCTIVE critiscism is much appreciated!At a glance:

Froslass: The Lead

Moves:
Spikes
Ice Beam
Taunt
Destiny Bond

EV Spread:
252 HP
252 Speed
4 Sp. Attack

Ability:
Snow Cloak

Nature:
Timid

Item:
Leftovers

Froslass makes a good lead for my team, its quick and bulky so it can set up spikes to weaken the field for my sweepers, has Taunt to stop other leads setting up, Ice Beam for some damage if it needs it, and Destiny Bond when its weak to at least take down one pokemon with it!The EV's and nature ensure that Froslass can outspeed most pokemon, enabling it to Taunt and use Destiny Bond to maximum effect.

Scyther: Physical Sweeper

Moves:
Bug Bite
Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Quick Attack

EV Spread:
252 Attack
252Speed
4 HP

Ability:
Technician

Nature:
Jolly

Item:
Life Orb

Scyther is my main sweeper.This guy breaks through walls like theres no tomorrow!Technician is a fantastic ability for Scyther to have, as it boosts his two main STAB attacks by 50%, both of which have handy perks(guarunteed accuracy and the ability to nick someones berry!).Brick Break is for coverage as it hits everything the other two dosnt, and can even break a screen, which is always handy to have.Quick Attack is very useful because it gets boosted by Technician to a reasonable 60, while also providing a priority, which is always nice!I chose Life Orb over the likes of a Choice Band or Scarf because the ability to switch between attacks is a necessity!

Sceptile: Special Sweeper

Moves:
Leaf Storm
Focus Blast
Hidden Power Ice
Energy Ball

EV Spread:
252 Speed
252 Sp. Attack
4 HP

Ability:
Overgrow

Nature:
Timid

Item:
Choice Scarf

I love Choice Scarf Sceptile, as it outruns absolutely everything!The EV's explain themselves, as does the item.If something has manged to set up with an Agility or Dragon Dance and has to be taken down, Sceptile's the man for the job!Leaf Storm does insane damage to anything that dosnt resist it, while Hidden Power is the to hit dagons and other Grasses.Focus Blast covers everything not hit by the first two, and Energy Ball is for late game sweeping, when all counters are taken care of, or rain dance teams!(his specialty).

Arcanine: Physical Sweeper

Moves:
Extremespeed
Flare Blitz
Morning Sun
Thunder Fang

EV Spread:
120 HP
152 Attack
236 Speed

Ability:
Flassh Fire

Nature:
Adament

Item:
Leftovers

Arcanine is a bit of a strange one.Boasting a recovery move may seem a little odd, but combined with Leftovers it only helps his ability to stay on the field which is something I want from it.Its nice and bulky, quite speedy, and packs a punch with Flare Blitz and Extremespeed, with Tunder Fang to KO the waters who try to counter you,if you predict right.The EV's make Arcanine bulky, while also retaining pace and power.I chose Flash Fire because Iv got a few fire weak pokemon, making Arcanine an ideal switch in to fire attacks.

Blastoise: Tank/Rapid Spinner

Moves:
Hydro Pump
Rapid Spin
Yawn
Ice Beam

EV Spread:
252 HP
230 Defense
28 Speed

Ability:
Torrent

Nature:
Bold

Item:
Leftovers

My favourite pokemon of all time.But theres a reason hes on my team aswell, because he is one awesome tank!Leftovers to make him last a bit longer, the EVs to make him more bulky and able to take damage, while the 28 speed is there to outpace any 80 base speed pokemon with only 4 EV's in speed, i.e. Venasaur, Meganium, Altaria, etc.Yawn is there to psuedohaze, while Rapid Spin is a great move to have, especially for Arcanine and Scyther.Hydro Pump is to dish out the damage when the time comes, and Ice Beam takes care of the grasses who try to switch in on Blastoise, and also hits dragon/flying types pretty hard.

Registeel
: The Wall

Moves:
Earthquake
Iron Head
Steath Rock
Thunder Wave

EV Spread:
252 HP
252Sp. Defense
4 Attack

Ability:
Clear Body

Nature:
Careful

Item:
Leftovers

Registeel serves as my wall.Sporting 11 resistances and immunity to poisin, along with strong balanced defenses and decent HP, is hard to take down, and can deal out damage with Earthquake and STAB Iron Head, can spread paralysis with Thunder Wave, and can set up Stealth Rock.Iv given him max Sp. Defense as Blastoise is more physically orientated, making it my check to many special sweepers.Leftovers recovery is important as Regsteel has no access to a decent recovery move.

I've changed my team a bit from it's original look.Thanks to everyone who commented and helped!

I really like the setup the only thing i might change is your Umbreon. Its my personal taste to have at least one attack move in case of it being the last PKMN left. I had a bad experience at the 2009 VGC when i had a support guy with no attacks be my last PKMN and wasnt able to finish a Rhyperior that was barley hanging on. Overall id give an 9/10 because of great balance and being very unique.

I really like the setup the only thing i might change is your Umbreon. Its my personal taste to have at least one attack move in case of it being the last PKMN left. I had a bad experience at the 2009 VGC when i had a support guy with no attacks be my last PKMN and wasnt able to finish a Rhyperior that was barley hanging on. Overall id give an 9/10 because of great balance and being very unique.
Cheers for that!ya i can see your point,and being that it is a sort of staller, it probaly will go the whole battle.what attack would you use, and what would you replace?

I agree with you as far as the coolness of your pokemnon used is concerned. But nonetheless i have a few suggestions on your team. I noticed that you generally have most threats of UU covered. But I'm not in favor of some of your movesets:
First of all drop the scyther lead. It can't set up anything for your team, can't prevent the foe from setting up, and has a bad matchup against the common leads of UU.
I would suggest a bulky Froslass lead, that can set up spikes to weaken bulky waters for arcanine, and take fighting attacks aimed at Steelix and Umbreon:
Froslass@Leftovers
Timid-252HP, 252Spe, 4Def
-Ice Beam -Pain Split
-Spikes -Taunt
You could also opt for the usual Sash lead if you prefer.
Your Arcanine absolutely needs Extremespeed over IH/TF. You can also consider using Flash fire for you have 3 Fire weak pokemon that can lure in fire moves.
Blastoise should be played physically defensive (switch Def with SPDef EVs) and with protect over Mirror Coat, as lefties recovery is important for it.
Your Sceptile is fine although i would prefer Scarf over Specs to revenge kill better.
As Blastoise already runs Yawn I'd drop it on Umbreon. If your primary purpose is to toxic stall with it, use Baton Pass over Yawn.
On Steelix you should consider EQ/Gyro Ball over Explosion for coverage and because you'll usually not want to blow up your only Phazer.

Hope these suggestions helped you. Have fun with your team.

I agree with you as far as the coolness of your pokemnon used is concerned. But nonetheless i have a few suggestions on your team. I noticed that you generally have most threats of UU covered. But I'm not in favor of some of your movesets:
First of all drop the scyther lead. It can't set up anything for your team, can't prevent the foe from setting up, and has a bad matchup against the common leads of UU.
I would suggest a bulky Froslass lead, that can set up spikes to weaken bulky waters for arcanine, and take fighting attacks aimed at Steelix and Umbreon:
Froslass@Leftovers
Timid-252HP, 252Spe, 4Def
-Ice Beam -Pain Split
-Spikes -Taunt
You could also opt for the usual Sash lead if you prefer.
Your Arcanine absolutely needs Extremespeed over IH/TF. You can also consider using Flash fire for you have 3 Fire weak pokemon that can lure in fire moves.
Blastoise should be played physically defensive (switch Def with SPDef EVs) and with protect over Mirror Coat, as lefties recovery is important for it.
Your Sceptile is fine although i would prefer Scarf over Specs to revenge kill better.
As Blastoise already runs Yawn I'd drop it on Umbreon. If your primary purpose is to toxic stall with it, use Baton Pass over Yawn.
On Steelix you should consider EQ/Gyro Ball over Explosion for coverage and because you'll usually not want to blow up your only Phazer.

Hope these suggestions helped you. Have fun with your team.

Thanks.Froslass would make a good lead for me, but i disasgree that Scyther matches up badly with other leads.It can take a froslass or ambipom lead, which there are a lot of, and functions well against other leads, apart from spirtomb and moltres.But i will try out Froslass.
Yeah i see where your coming from with Arcanine.I will replace Iron Head with Extremespeed as i am in need of a good priority, and find that Arcancine dosnt come up against rocks much.I like the idea about Flash Fire aswell...
Blastoise, as i just realized, cannot have both mirror coat and yawn in the same set, so im going to replace mirror coat with protect like you said.
As for Umbreon, i just dont understand what use is baton pass?Switching has top priority, and with Umbreons speed, im gonna move last.Its not like im passing any boosts on.So what else would you suggest?
Yeah Explosion is a bad move on my Steelix, and seeing as i already have EQ, im gonna try Gyro Ball.

Thanks for the comment!

if you keep scyther as a lead, definetly use bug bite over pursuit. It has stab and gets boosted by technician, giving some powerful stab attacks to scyther. It can also nab you a liechi or salac berry boost, and still covers psychics. On sceptile, having dragon pulse along with hp ice is useless. It only hits altaria or gabite, both of whom are hit much harder by hp ice. I'd replace dragon pulse with energy ball, allowing you to attempt a sweep later on when you don't want to cut your attack with leaf storm. Please trust me on this: i have loads of experience using sceptile

I just played this team and we had a pretty good game. What I would do, though, is either take the life orb off Arcanine or give it flamethrower instead of flare blitz, but don't give it both life orb and flare blitz. You basically killed yourself in our game because your Arcanine only got three hits in with the combination of life orb damage and flare blitz recoil on top of the toxic I got on it.
It's personal preference, but I don't use life orb at all. I like my pokes to have some staying power on the field and any one with life orb just gets taken out too easily, imo.

I would also give Umbreon taunt over protect so your payback can actually be useful. I just toxic'ed it and stalled out with useless moves so I wouldn't take any damage. Or give it dark pulse instead of payback.

Ok sorry it took so long to get back personally since Umbreon will be coming out near the end i would get replace its mean look and give it either payback or sucker punch depending on your style. payback is my choice being the more accurate one and if umbreon is hit first it will double the damage.

I just played this team and we had a pretty good game. What I would do, though, is either take the life orb off Arcanine or give it flamethrower instead of flare blitz, but don't give it both life orb and flare blitz. You basically killed yourself in our game because your Arcanine only got three hits in with the combination of life orb damage and flare blitz recoil on top of the toxic I got on it.
It's personal preference, but I don't use life orb at all. I like my pokes to have some staying power on the field and any one with life orb just gets taken out too easily, imo.

I would also give Umbreon taunt over protect so your payback can actually be useful. I just toxic'ed it and stalled out with useless moves so I wouldn't take any damage. Or give it dark pulse instead of payback.

Yeah it was a pretty good game.Your right, my Arcanine just killed itself.Id like to keep Flare Blitz, so i might replace life orb with a choice band.
I had Dark Pulse on Umbreon but it was so incredibly weak.Might Try out confuse ray though...

Ok sorry it took so long to get back personally since Umbreon will be coming out near the end i would get replace its mean look and give it either payback or sucker punch depending on your style. payback is my choice being the more accurate one and if umbreon is hit first it will double the damage.

Thats alright.I had both Suckerpunch and Payback on Umbreon, and found that both were incredibly useless.In my match against Pugsly, he just hit me with toxic while i could do no damage!Im thinking about confuse Ray though because no matter what move the use, itl do damage!

if you keep scyther as a lead, definetly use bug bite over pursuit. It has stab and gets boosted by technician, giving some powerful stab attacks to scyther. It can also nab you a liechi or salac berry boost, and still covers psychics. On sceptile, having dragon pulse along with hp ice is useless. It only hits altaria or gabite, both of whom are hit much harder by hp ice. I'd replace dragon pulse with energy ball, allowing you to attempt a sweep later on when you don't want to cut your attack with leaf storm. Please trust me on this: i have loads of experience using sceptile

Ya i was thinking Energy Ball, but were Dragon Pulse Hits for a neutral, Energy Ball might not.However, I will test Energy Ball, cause you probaly know what your talking about more than me!

I have dropped Scyther as my lead in favour of Froslass, for the simple reason Froslass works better!Thanks for the comment though!

be carful for spikes an rocks with this team especailly if blastoies is dead then scyther is basicaly useless. Mismagius and rakiou posea big so threat to this team being they can hide behind a sub and set up.And ide go with bug bite because of technition but thats just my prefrance though.Other than that I luv this team 10 out of 10

I just realized that stall moltres can dertroy me.Had a fight with one there,and after losing Arcanine(wont stay on the field no matter how i try, even with out life orb!) and Blastoise to early, i have nothing that can stop it!Help!

On Arcanine's set, I would replace Howl with Extremespeed. You won't get many chances to use Howl, and if you do, they would probably switch in a bulky water. You might as well use Extremespeed to get an edge on faster pokemon.

I'm glad to hear that my suggestions helped you with your team.
I still don't like your scyther lead at all and in order to show you why, here are the matchups with the top 6 UU leads of January:
-Ambipom: It Fakes Out (doing 45-54%) and finishes you off with Return or U-Turns out at full health having ruined your Sash-Reversal strategy already.
-Uxie: Even Bug Bite doesn't 2hko 252/252 variants on average. So they set up SR/Screens or trick you freely and flee with over 50% health. You should more or less handle less bulky variants however but they can still set up.
-Froslass: Outspeeds and 2hkos with ice beam before you can ohko with any of your moves.
-Electrode: Sets up Rain Dance (which is all it wants to do), and brings you down to 1% with Thunder/Explosion where you'll get killed by the following swift swim sweeper.
-Alakazam: Outspeeds and 2hkos while you'll only bring it down to its sash. If you SD they encore you.
-Moltres: Outspeeds with scarf and 2hkos, while AA does not 2hko on average. Bulkier non-scarfers live through 2 AAs and 2hko back.

So look at that and decide for yourself. If you still like scyther lead, keep it.

Your Umbreon generally can run what moves it wants. If you want it to be a good special tank i would go with either the Curse- or the Support set from the analysis. If you want to focus on toxic stalling (which I thought you wanted) you can use Baton Pass with Mean Look to ensure Toxic takes its toll.

Quite solid team now. Good luck and have fun with it.

I just read about your StallTres problems. It's not only you who has problems killing this thing. It just doesn't die with SubRoost and can hit everything hard with Flamethrower/Toxic. However it will usually fall to Stealth Rock and faster strong Attacks, so you'll probably have to play around it.
I appreciate your decision of dropping scyther for Froslass.
And I also like the idea of replacing Life Orb on Arcanine. If you want to keep the Howl set, use Lefties. If you want it to live longer you can use Morning Sun in conjunction with a more defensive EV spread and Intimidate. It still packs a lot of power and can recover off damage and becomes extremely bulky. I myself used it before and was totally satisfied:
Arcanine@Leftovers
Adamant/Impish-252HP, (Rest distributed as you like between Spe, Atk, Def)
-Flare Blitz -Toxic (for bulky Waters)
-Extremespeed -Morning Sun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)