SM LC A old team that needs updating...

Hello! I'll start off by saying I posted a similar team years ago, and was... well I didn't take criticism well, lol. That was on another account, and since then I've made improvements, but considering there are new pokemon in LC for Sun+Moon, and I've recently played with it to fix some.. uh, major issues, I hope I can get some advice. I notice some issues, but I'm not sure how to fix them. Sorry this team is kinda crummy, by the way, I tried my best to improve it before posting.

The team-

Dusty (Eevee) (M) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 20 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Return
- Body Slam
- Quick Attack

Dusty is surprisingly strong, often being able to wipe out a pokemon or more before fainting. He lives off the STAB + Adaptability + Silk Scarf combo, and often can kill pokemon that are beginning to ruin my team, a notable one being Meinfoo. While I would really like a faster pokemon to do Dusty's job, it works for now, and I can't find another pokemon who can show the level of attack power STAB + Adaptability + Silk Scarf + Return can do.

Mexican Restaurant (Tirtouga) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpA / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Mexican Restaurant is more of a supportive/defensive pokemon, who gives toxic poisoning that can really help my case on a threat, can lay down stealth rocks to aid in the case against torchic, and of course can knock off items. So far in my tests, he's done well, albiet dying relatively soon. However his moveset has been proven to help me win a few matches because toxic and stealth rock can be devastating if I can get a few more hits in.

Why (Foongus) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

At first, I was reluctant to use Why, but hidden power fighting has removed steel-type threats to my spritzee decently well, and giga drain can keep him alive for a good amount of time. Spore of course immobilizes pokemon, but I've found sleeping is more beneficial to use late-game on account of it might be harder to switch out to a good stand-in. Sludge bomb is just there for added attack power, and regenerator makes me less reluctant to switch out.

Feminist (Spritzee) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

No doubt one of the best pokemon on my team, Feminist offers a lot of support via Aromatherapy and wish for tough situations such as burns and basically anything late-game. She can also keep herself alive by using wish > protect. Moonblast is a really helpful STAB move that can deter attack as well. She's pretty bulky and definitely a huge help.

GIECO (Treecko) (M) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 72 HP / 240 SpA / 196 Spe
Mild Nature
- Drain Punch
- Giga Drain
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

GEICO is designed to be a special sweeper. He thrives off of slow pokemon, so I usually use him against a bulky opponent. Giga Drain, Drain punch, and berry juice keep his health up, and hidden power ground is to protect against fire and ice type threats. There's something I'm doing wrong with him, and I can't put my finger on it, even after multiple battles.

Casey (Elekid) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Static
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Casey is a pretty helpful pokemon, despite it not being the greatest. Flying types that may threaten GEICO or Why can be usually taken out fairly quickly with volt switch or thunderbolt, plus volt switch allows Casey to avoid damage, which is important because the life orb takes damage enough. Casey usually isn't in the battle for too long but can help out in a pinch when I need something against water, flying, poison or fighting enemies. Psychic is a good move when I'm losing against a fighting type (meinfoo, mostly.) and... well, I need a better move than hidden power grass, it doesn't do much, I'm having trouble though.

So that's my team, here's the most recent battles if you want...
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-553460541
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-553452428
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-553463108

Thank you in advance!

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Hello there! There are several fundamental flaws to your team, but I will attempt to keep it as similar to your current version as much as possible.

So first of all, Eevee is kinda a bad pokemon right now. While it does hit quite hard, it is easily revenged by the many fighting-types of the tier and many common pokemon can tanks hits from it, such as Onix and Pawniard. Additionally, Silk Scarf is not the best item out there as it doesn't give Eevee enough power to break through certain bulkier pokemon. I would recommend changing Eevee to Scarf Bunnelby. Scarf Bunnelby has the insane power of Eevee, but also has coverage that also gets boosted by Huge Power, making it a better choice on your team. Earthquake is an extremely useful coverage move that can force the opponent into 50/50s, and also allows you to KO Pokemon such as Alolan Grimer and Mareanie that can irritate your team. Choice Scarf helps Bunnelby outspeed large threats to your team such as Vullaby, Ponyta, and Onix.
Bunnelby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 Atk / 52 Def / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I am not a large fan of Toxic in LC or even just on Tirtouga for several reasons. First of all, Toxic is bad in LC. The way Toxic works is that it takes 1/16th damage, 2/16(1/8)th damage, and so on. In LC, this translates to 1 to 2 HP per turn in the beginning. It will take 4 turns for Toxic to start mattering at all. Secondly, Toxic is not a good choice on Tirtouga especially. What kind of things switch into Tirtouga? Well first off, Fighting-types. Mienfoo has regenerator and isn't too affected by it, Timburr may have Guts, and Croagunk absorbs it. Grass-types also switch in, and one of the best Grass-types is Foongus, which absorbs it. Water-types also switch into Tirtouga! Bulky Water-types are Mareianie and Chinchou, and only Chinchou actually is affected by it. Like, there really isn't much that Toxic does, which is why I reccomend changing it to Stone Edge. The main reason for this is to allow Tirtouga to actually threaten the Flying-types of LC. Birdspam is a popular archetype currrently, and your only way of dealing with that is hope that Doduo isnt scarf and Elekid can sweep. Having Stone Edge on Tirtouga allows you to get some decent damage in and threaten Flying-types such as Vullaby, Doduo, and Rufflet.

Despite Treecko's Spa stat being higher than its Atk stat, its physical set is a lot better for several reasons. First, Treecko gets Swords Dance, which allows it to boost its mediocre Attack, allowing it to break through bulkier Pokemon. Additionally, Treecko's Physical moveset is far better than its Special moveset, with moves such as Seed Bomb/Bullet Seed for STAB, Acrobatics for opposing Grass- and Fighting-types, and Drain Punch for Steel-types. Bullet Seed or Seed Bomb is up to you if you feel like Abra is too threatening to your team.
Treecko @ Berry Juice
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed/Seed Bomb
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch

I hope this rate helped! I love both Treecko and Elekid, so it's cool to see both used on a team.

Hello there! There are several fundamental flaws to your team, but I will attempt to keep it as similar to your current version as much as possible.

So first of all, Eevee is kinda a bad pokemon right now. While it does hit quite hard, it is easily revenged by the many fighting-types of the tier and many common pokemon can tanks hits from it, such as Onix and Pawniard. Additionally, Silk Scarf is not the best item out there as it doesn't give Eevee enough power to break through certain bulkier pokemon. I would recommend changing Eevee to Scarf Bunnelby. Scarf Bunnelby has the insane power of Eevee, but also has coverage that also gets boosted by Huge Power, making it a better choice on your team. Earthquake is an extremely useful coverage move that can force the opponent into 50/50s, and also allows you to KO Pokemon such as Alolan Grimer and Mareanie that can irritate your team. Choice Scarf helps Bunnelby outspeed large threats to your team such as Vullaby, Ponyta, and Onix.
Bunnelby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 228 Atk / 52 Def / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

I am not a large fan of Toxic in LC or even just on Tirtouga for several reasons. First of all, Toxic is bad in LC. The way Toxic works is that it takes 1/16th damage, 2/16(1/8)th damage, and so on. In LC, this translates to 1 to 2 HP per turn in the beginning. It will take 4 turns for Toxic to start mattering at all. Secondly, Toxic is not a good choice on Tirtouga especially. What kind of things switch into Tirtouga? Well first off, Fighting-types. Mienfoo has regenerator and isn't too affected by it, Timburr may have Guts, and Croagunk absorbs it. Grass-types also switch in, and one of the best Grass-types is Foongus, which absorbs it. Water-types also switch into Tirtouga! Bulky Water-types are Mareianie and Chinchou, and only Chinchou actually is affected by it. Like, there really isn't much that Toxic does, which is why I reccomend changing it to Stone Edge. The main reason for this is to allow Tirtouga to actually threaten the Flying-types of LC. Birdspam is a popular archetype currrently, and your only way of dealing with that is hope that Doduo isnt scarf and Elekid can sweep. Having Stone Edge on Tirtouga allows you to get some decent damage in and threaten Flying-types such as Vullaby, Doduo, and Rufflet.

Despite Treecko's Spa stat being higher than its Atk stat, its physical set is a lot better for several reasons. First, Treecko gets Swords Dance, which allows it to boost its mediocre Attack, allowing it to break through bulkier Pokemon. Additionally, Treecko's Physical moveset is far better than its Special moveset, with moves such as Seed Bomb/Bullet Seed for STAB, Acrobatics for opposing Grass- and Fighting-types, and Drain Punch for Steel-types. Bullet Seed or Seed Bomb is up to you if you feel like Abra is too threatening to your team.
Treecko @ Berry Juice
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed/Seed Bomb
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch

I hope this rate helped! I love both Treecko and Elekid, so it's cool to see both used on a team.
Thank you so much! I'll definitely try out those changes and do a few battles to change things as needed. Again, thank you so so much! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)