A Quickstart Guide to ORAS Breeding/Training

Breeding question. With non-hidden abilities, what are the odds of getting one or the other and what effects this? I haven't seen any info about it, but breeding pawniards has netted me 75% or greater sharing the mother's ability. This is out of near 200 eggs. Maybe I've just been bad at researching, but I'd have thought I'd see something like that mentioned somewhere.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Breeding question. With non-hidden abilities, what are the odds of getting one or the other and what effects this? I haven't seen any info about it, but breeding pawniards has netted me 75% or greater sharing the mother's ability. This is out of near 200 eggs. Maybe I've just been bad at researching, but I'd have thought I'd see something like that mentioned somewhere.
Your data is pretty spot-on, a mother's (non-HA) ability will pass to its offspring 80% of the time, meaning that you only have a 20% chance of getting the alternate ability (if it has one).

Your data is pretty spot-on, a mother's (non-HA) ability will pass to its offspring 80% of the time, meaning that you only have a 20% chance of getting the alternate ability (if it has one).
Thanks. No clue why that data doesn't seem common in most breeding guides. Would have been nice before doing 60 eggs or so with an inner focus pawniard.

This is probably an asked question, but is Super Training the same as EV Horde? Like, would I be able to Super Train my Pokemon and train it and it have the same effect as EV Horde battling?

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is probably an asked question, but is Super Training the same as EV Horde? Like, would I be able to Super Train my Pokemon and train it and it have the same effect as EV Horde battling?
Yes, you can fully EV a Pokemon by Super Training, just like you can with horde battles. But horde battles (using the appropriate power item) are a heck of a lot faster. In Super Training, you're only getting 4, 8, or 12 EVs in a stat per session, depending on the level of training. In a horde battle with the appropriate power item and a horde of 1 EV foes, you're getting (1 + 4) * 5 = 25 EVs per battle. With a suitable spread move like Surf on a powerful lead Pokemon (exp share turned on), horde battles go extremely quickly, much faster than a level 3 Super Training session. Plus, you can even EV train multiple Pokemon at once with horde battles, so long as you have enough power items for each of them.

Yes, you can fully EV a Pokemon by Super Training, just like you can with horde battles. But horde battles (using the appropriate power item) are a heck of a lot faster. In Super Training, you're only getting 4, 8, or 12 EVs in a stat per session, depending on the level of training. In a horde battle with the appropriate power item and a horde of 1 EV foes, you're getting (1 + 4) * 5 = 25 EVs per battle. With a suitable spread move like Surf on a powerful lead Pokemon (exp share turned on), horde battles go extremely quickly, much faster than a level 3 Super Training session. Plus, you can even EV train multiple Pokemon at once with horde battles, so long as you have enough power items for each of them.
I'm kinda new to the Horde EV training. Do you know where I could find a beginner's guide to it?

Just curious if this is a viable way to breed without having to deal with the hostage-takers on the GTS for a Ditto:

- Catch male and female Whismur in Rusturf Tunnel, with a spread of IVs. Given that they are used for EV training HP stats, they should be fairly easy to get using the DexNav.
- Breed until you get a 6 IV male.
- Use said male 6 IV Whismur to breed with everything else.

The reason why I say this is that Whismur is in both the Monster and Field Egg Groups, which means it can breed with a lot of Pokémon, including some that are really powerful.

Would this be a viable strategy to take for my breeding?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)