A rainy day...

Read First:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok looked into a couple of things.
Removed vaporeon, replaced it with gyara.
Kabutops stays... period. (for now lol)
Added rain over hydro pump on kingdra
Reworked Snorlax EV´s, also replaced Fire Punch with Crunch so that ghosts dont wall me.
Added swordsdance on kabutops to help it sweap a bit better.
Replaced Gardevoir for venusaur to cover more electric and physical moves.
Made kingdra mixed attacker, happy?
Replaced Venusaur with Ludicolo

im thinking... what do I do if lets say a cune comes in and starts calm minding me? How do I counter that? ..

At a Glance:

Jirachi @ Damp Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/56 Atk/76 Def/136 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Wish
- U-turn
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
Starter, sets up rain.
Thunder+serene grace+rain = parahax+dmg!
Oh snap! Stroaking some cats!´

So this guy is pretty simple, and do not need any explanation other then the one above.
---

Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 168 Atk / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Waterfall
- Draco Meteor
Mixed Rain sweaper. Can pretty much take down anything.
*Pew pew*
So this is a mixed set kingdra.
Stabbed surf in rain hurts like hell on almost anything, icebeam is there for coverage.
Dracometeor is for neutrality, and I can keep on sweaping with waterfall even if I have used DM.
---

Snorlax (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP/252 HP/252 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Selfdestruct
- Crunch
- Earthquake
My own special wall, thought this one packs a punch!
Its pretty simple, its a wall, but it hurts like hell.
Crunch is there for Ghosts, bodyslam for para-hax support.
---

Ludicolo@Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 204 HP/ 144 SAtk/ 104 Spd/ 56 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Grass Knot
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam
Sombrero GOGO!
So this guy is new and I havnt got a chance to test him out proporly yet, but it looks awsome. Can switch in on major threats like calm minding cune and the sort. Also serves as 2nd rain starter.
---

Kabutops (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 56 HP/252 Atk/200 Spd
- X-scizor
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
In rain this guy packs a punch (or slash rofl) and "he be fast like race car!"
I love this guy, and I have ever since Blue and red version! Im not changing him ;P.
My physical attacker, works wonders after a swordsdance in rain!
---

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 74 HP/252 Atk/184 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
Phew its over... no more sweaping... Oh my gawd! Big serpent flyer thingie AHHHH! (late game sweaper)

Very very Basic, lategame sweaper. Dragondance and sweap away!
---

---------------------
Now here follows my threat list, this is the first one I have ever made, so if anything is out of place let me know!
---------------------

Threat List:

Garchomp: Kingdra, ludicolo.

Blissey:kabutops, Gyarados,Kingdra,ludicolo, snorlax.

Gengar: Snorlax,kabutops can work as revenge-killer with aqua yet, and both kingdra and kabutops outspeeds gengar in rain.

Gyarados: Kabutops in rain, jirachi

Tyranitar: its pretty much covered with my 3water types.

Lucario: A problem unless I get off a swordsdance as it switches in on kabutops.

Heatran: 123 WATER

Metagross: Gyara with EQ and Kingdra and kabutops also handles this guy in rain.

Salamence: Ludicolo, Kingdra

Bronzong: Pretty hard to take down.

Infernape: Not a problem

Swampert: Ludicolo...

Weavile: Not to worried

Skarmory: I got some ice coverage, and some electric, so it should be alright.

Forretress: I think this guy pretty much walls me.

Gliscor: Water... really, its just that simple.

Cresselia: Dont know :S

Starmie: Snorlax, ludicolo, Jirachi

Breloom: Hate this thing!

Heracross: Possibly a threat.

Togekiss: No problem in rain

Celebi: He is a bit of a problem

Hippowdon: Ludicolo, gyarados.

Azlef: In rain not a threat, otherwise... bit of a hassle.

Dusknoir: No idea, help¨

Snorlax: Gyara, kabutops, kingdra?

Jirachi: Ludicolo

Suicune: This guy is a problem, I guess ludicolo?

Vaporeon: Ludicolo

Porygon Z: Nothing?

Electrivire: Ludicolo I guess... Jirachi?

Machamp: Gyara,ludicolo,jirachi,Kingdra.

Zapdos: Jirachi, ludicolo, snorlax.

Yanmega: Its hard for me to counter but I can handle him ok I guess.

Ninjask: Guess just keep hitting those subs and then try to handle
whatever comes in.

Alakazam: Snorlax

Aerodactyl: Almost my entire team ^^.

Rhyperior: Same as above, not really a problem.

Tangrowth: I don't really see many of these.

Dragonite: kingdra, ludicolo

So thats about it I guess. As I said the threat list might contain some errors, and last but not least... Im not switching out kabutops!

Since you have Draco meteor, Ice beam isn't necessary for Kingdra. HP Electric is a good replacement, for some extra coverage against Gyarados and mainly Empoleon, who walls Kingdra (and sometimes, a whole rain team) entirely.

I like stealth rock on Jirachi

Gorm is right with X-Scissor because 1, celebi destroys this team, and 2, swift swim will make you pretty much the fastest thing out there making waterfall wanted at all times and making aqua jet useless.

I think you should look for a place for zapdos or electivire. they benfit from rain with thunder and can switch into grass/elc attacks.

Since you have Draco meteor, Ice beam isn't necessary for Kingdra. HP Electric is a good replacement, for some extra coverage against Gyarados and mainly Empoleon, who walls Kingdra (and sometimes, a whole rain team) entirely.
so... what about Grass pokemon?´
And HP ecectric really doesnt do that much, besides, I cant get it on my current kingdra. cant be arsed to ´breed another one!

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm wondering why you're using an Impish nature. I know you have both U-Turn and Thunder, but won't Thunder be your primary attack choice when you're on the field? I wouldn't want to be lowering its attack power when you're most likely just going to be U-Turning to get out of there.

I think you mean 252 Atk EVs on Snorlax, which is probably just a typo. I love that Snorlax set though, it works very well. You may find Pursuit useful over Crunch useful so you can catch Gengars locked into the wrong move as they desperately try to switch out.

If the rain fails for some reason, you're left with a rather slow team. You need some for of backup or a Pokemon that can finish the job lategame should Jirachi and Ludicolo fall. Maybe Choice Scarf Gyarados would be worth looking at. Give it Sleep Talk over Dragon Dance so it can take the status that will give you worries (otherwise go Ice Fang), and watch it benefit from rain but still pose a threat without it.

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Status, especially paralysis screws this team over WAY too easily. I would definitely add some kind of wall that can take hits, heal status and help the team in general. Celebi or Blissey can do the job, perhaps over one of your water pokemons or Snorlax? Celebi and Jirachi works damn well together despite the common Fire-weakness, which is handled by the rest of your team. A set you should consider is Heal Bell, Leech Seed, Recover, Uturn/Grass Knot for Celebi and Aromatheropy, Softboiled, Thunderwave and Thunder/Thunderwave if you decide to go with Blissey.

Why are you running such a bulky Ludicolo? It doesn't have Rain Dish for an ability so uh.. I know... get rid of it and make it an all out sweeper! Bingo!

Ludicolo @ Life Orb/Damp Rock/Leftovers
Nature: Modest
EVs: 48 HP, 252 SpA, 208 Spe
~ Grass Knot
~ Ice Beam
~ Surf
~ Rain Dance

Can sweep unprepared teams (especially ones that don't have Blissey) without hesitating or cause mayhem.

You probably should consider having a pokemon capable of absorbing Thunderwave, or rather, electric attacks in general. Volt Absorbers, Motor Drivers or Ground-types can all work. Swampert, Jolteon and Electivire are probably the main pokemons you're looking for. All of them can support the team one way or another, whether its sweeper to baton passing to walling as well as producing some more lovable rain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)