Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
The reason I run this Sylveon is because it is a bulky Sylveon. Having a Bold nature gives it some extra Defensive bulk. I try to be original when making my team while avoiding Choice items (Due to the fact that you have to switch if the move doesn't affect/doesn't do much), so Sitrus Berry works well for low health recovery. The Calm Mind helps to power up your moves and your bulk!

Latina (Latias) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
This is my favorite set out of all sets (Latias or not) I've seen. Calm Mind helps restore this Pokémon's Special Attack after using a Draco Meteor. It also gives this Pokémon Special Defense and bulk. Recover is to recover HP and keep your bulk up. T-Bolt is a 2nd Special Move incase A Sylveon, Mega Fluffy (Altaria), Azumarill, Mega Gardevoir or Clefairy switches in expecting a Draco Meteor.
(Is that a, GARCHOMP?)
Windy (Skarmory) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
Here's something kind of original. No Whirlwind, why? Well, I tried to be original by making a Brave Bird Support set instead of a regular Support Set. Defog? No problem! Brave Bird em' and keep on Roosting! We're here to win, right? So let's use a Steel type to do so! Oh yeah, Iron Head is for a second physical move.

ZygardeChronicles (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Protect
While testing, I noted most teams used Dragonite. Zygarde has no good physical Dragon type moves. Dragon Tail has -6 Priority, 90 Acc. and only 60 Power. Extreme Speed is an amazing priority move. D-Dance is a speedy setup move. Earthquake is very powerful and makes even the Toughest Mega Charizard X'es tremble. Leftovers allow for recover and survive possible Ice Beam.

Serpent (Serperior) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect
Tremble to the mighty queen! Leaf Storm makes this Super Serpent powerful in combo with its amazing ability! She has the Dragon power with Dragon Pulse and countering and mysterious power with Hidden Power! Protect yourself to setup with Protect. All hail Serperior!

Scissor (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Protect
Super Speed! Bullet Punch is a STAB priority move with amazing power and Aerial Ace never misses! Swords Dance can give you free power boosts if you predict switches! This Mega is powerful with its other options, but Technician makes it use the less powerful moves. You can double switch on Fire Types into Zygarde and hope and pray you don't get burned!

Conclusion
These Pokémon are amazing stars that shine in the OU Metagame. You have permission to import these into Showdown! If this team needs any changes, please tell me! This is my first RMT and I read the rules. Also, tell me if I missed anything!

Slyveon - Slyveon isn't all that good for a calm mind user. The only way it really works is if you run choice specs. Clefable is just better in every way. The stats, ability, the movepool ect. The calm mind set is here if you want to use it (I think you should, otherwise run specs sylveon.

Latias - Currently, your set is kind of wack. Sitrus berry is bad, calm mind just doesn't work on latias (especially with draco meteor) I think you should run the bulky set, becacuse it does the job that your current set does (but much much better) and works pretty well with your team.

Skarmory - Life orb skarmory is absolutly garbage, i'm sorry. It's just mega scizor but not good! You definitily need to run the defog set, because your team lacks any hazard control! Just run the bulky set found here. Also, why the heck did you say "What a garchomp?" are you trying to say it counters garchomp? Because it doesn't. 90% of good garchomp sets run fire blast.

Zygarde - There are a few fixes you should put on your set.
Leftovers --> Lum Berry this works because it gets statused the minute you even try to set up.
Protect --> Outrage protect just works on no levels, outrage gives nice STAB and high attack power which allows to sweep teams EASY.

Serperior - Lucky for you this is an easy fix, just add sub instead of protect.

Scizor - Your current set has coverage in all the right places, and you already have physical set up, so I think you should run mega venusaur. It gets good offensive coverage and works really well with fairy, dragon and steel types as a core. Here is the set: http://pastebin.com/SeeC7NGj

Last edited:
Hey ShiningSylveon, your team has potential but you have a lot of poor set choices and spreads that could use improvement. My rate will aim to give your team more synergy and more of an overall strategy while also fixing a few defensive holes i see in your team.

To be frank, literally none of the Pokemon you're running Protect on need to run it, or should run it. Roost would be much preferred on a bulky Swords Dance M-Scizor for longevity, Zygarde would much prefer Outrage for Dragon STAB, Serperior would prefer Taunt, Glare, or Substitute, and Sylveon would be better off just not running that set in general. Protect isn't as useful as in Singles as it is in Doubles, in Singles really only Wish users, SubToxic Gliscor, M-Diancie + M-Beedrill who want to safely Mega Evolve, and occasionally Ferrothorn + Heatran should run Protect (in terms of OU). Sylveon isn't really a good Calm Mind user since it doesn't have reliable recovery outside of Wish, which forces it to run Protect and miss out on Heal Bell or a coverage move (it has no good coverage moves though). I guess it can run Rest + Sleep Talk but it doesn't have the raw bulk needed to pull off that set like Suicune or M-Slowbro can. Clefable vastly outclasses Sylveon as a Calm Mind user since it has Magic Guard which allows it to not be affected by Toxic or hazards, better all around bulk, and a much wider movepool which allows it to run a few different viable options on its Calm Mind sets (though they mainly run Thunder Wave currently). Since I think your team has potential as a balance build since that's what your team is the most geared towards, you should run Stealth Rock Clefable > Calm Mind Sylveon. This will allow you to run Spikes on Skarmory instead of Stealth Rock. Before I move on I also want to note that Leftovers is better than Sitrus Berry a majority of the time since it provides consistent and reliable recovery that lasts an entire match unless it is Knocked Off, whereas Sitrus Berry heals 30% only once when you've already been weakened. Leftovers would be a far better option on your Sylveon than Sitrus Berry, as well as on your Latias if you're aiming to run a bulky Calm Mind set.

Speaking of Latias, there's a few issues with your spread and set choices. If you're running Calm Mind on a Psychic type that has access to Psyshock, you should generally always run it since it allows you to hit on the physical side, letting you beat opposing Calm Mind users and Assault Vest users much more reliably, as well as Chansey + Blissey. With other Calm Mind users, outside of Keldeo and Clefable, you generally run a full physically defensive set to make your HP and physical bulk as high as possible since you're going to already be boosting your Special Attack and Special Defense. Latias, like Keldeo, sits in a very solid speed tier however, which allows them to outspeed a good portion of the metagame, which is great since this makes slow hard hitting Pokemon not be able to revenge kill you effectively. You should take advantage of these things and run Psyshock > Thunderbolt on Latias, with a spread of 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe with a Timid Nature, and Life Orb > Sitrus Berry. You can alternatively consider Latios > Latias since it has more firing power for wallbreaking, and the extra bulk Latias provides isn't really needed on this build. Hidden Power Fire on Latios instead of Calm Mind is a viable option since Ferrothorn can definitely be annoying for this team. I'll leave that set below for you to try out.

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
With Clefable running Stealth Rock, you can afford to run Spikes on Skarmory. Offensive Skarmory is honestly bad since it's outclassed by a ton of other Steel types like Scizor, Bisharp, and even Ferrothorn if you wanted to go that route. You're running bulk on it but still using Life Orb, which just mitigates its longevity and doesn't make it be able to check the stuff it can like Excadrill, M-Pinsir, and Azumarill very well. With that being said, you should run fully Specially Defensive Skarmory with Leftovers > Life Orb Skarmory, and run Spikes > Stealth Rock + Whirlwind > Brave Bird. This allows you to shuffle teams around and rack up hazard damage, while also prevent set up users from doing anything against you.

Your team has a really bad Heatran weakness since Zygarde risks getting burnt on switch-in by Lava Plume, and nothing else on your team can break it outside of Serperior after a Leaf Storm. Your team also is 6-0'd by Charizard-X, so I think you should run Calm Mind + Roar Suicune > Serperior. This grants you another phaser to rack up hazard damage while also beating opposing Calm Mind users and SpDef Talonflame which your team had nothing for outside of Thunderbolt Latias. I also think you should run Substitute + Coil Zygarde > Dragon Dance Zygarde since this provides the final phaser and makes use of Zygarde's only niche it has over Dragonite. With a spread of 240 HP / 196 SpD / 72 Spe and a Careful Nature it outspeeds max speed Base 70s that don't run a Timid or Jolly Nature (ie Breloom, Volcanion, Bisharp), while having a ton of bulk for setting up.

Lastly, you should run a set of Pursuit / U-Turn / Bullet Punch / Roost on M-Scizor. This allows you to have longevity and be able to Pursuit trap 2 of the 3 the main hazard removers in the tier in Starmie and the Latis so you can keep your hazards up. You should also run a spread of 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD with an Impish Nature since this helps you check Azumarill, M-Gardevoir, the Latis, and more reliably.

An overall better alternative would be to run Choice Scarf Tyranitar instead of M-Scizor as your Pursuit trapper, and defensive M-Latias with Thunderbolt + Ice Beam > Calm Mind Lati@s. This grants you a better lure to Skarmory to support Zygarde, and Tyranitar is better at trapping the Latis and Starmie than M-Scizor. Tyranitar also is an additional check to Bisharp and M-Pinsir which your team would like. It seems like a large deviation from your initial build, but i feel like it executes the team's purpose better, so I'll leave a link to this version below along with the other version so you can try them both out.

You should also look into the Smogon Dex for sets and spreads when teambuilding since the ones you're currently using aren't very viable. It's a good tool when building since it provides suggestions for teammates and explanations for the spreads and move choices to help with gaininng better knowledge of the meta and tier in general.

Scissor (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Latina (Latias) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Windy (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

ZygardeChronicles (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 196 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Reflect Type
- Recover

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 196 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar

Hope i was able to help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)