XY UU A simple RMT, Dugtrio Semi-Stall

Forward: As the title says this will be a simple RMT made mostly cause I'm retiring this team as its hellishly weak to the next round of suspects and Manaphy, I'm not going to bother throwing up a million sprites or pretty colors because supah lazy nor do I really care to "prove" the team via omgSSof#1wow, though if your into ripping tippy top teams and beign spectacularly uncreative this team has peaked ladder multiple times sicne its creation though its never held a #1 spot for more than an hour or 2 due to my own hatred of the ladder itself. I consider this team to be "completed" and "decent" though it is certainly not a team for new or inexperienced players.

The master plan: Back in the early days of gen 6 UU, right after all the obnoxiously and obviously broken mon's were send into the blacklist, the metagame had shifted heavily into a kind of semi stall vs stall vs HO with a bajillion wallbreakers based metagame. The idea for this team was simple, Dugtrio could trap and kill the main special walls within the tier allowing hydra to click draco and get a free kill every time it came in, wish support keeps hydra healthy and allows it to serve as a pseudo pivot, a small momentum core makes trapping easy, and CM slowbro provides an alternate win condition.

The Team:

Florges (F) @ Leftovers/Shed shell
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Standard mixed bulk Florges, Frankly I hate this thing, it a momentum sink, taunt bait, and has near negative offensive pressure however the team needed an answer to sableye, a cleric, and a way to deal with Mtoise, MAbsol, Zam and LO hydra. Thus flower lady found a home in this team. Ev's allow flower lady to tank even strong special attackers while maintaining enough physical def to take on LO Zam psyshocks "most" variants of CB hera, and all but the mythical work up dual physical coverage LO hydra.

Fun trivia: this was originally a shed shell florges to deal with shadow tag users, then I didnt run into any taggers, swapped to lefties, gothorita blew the hell up, and it picked up a shell again until the ban of shadow tag.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Beat Up
- Sucker Punch
- Aerial Ace

Adamant Choice band Dugtrio is the heart and soul of this team, It traps and bury's non wishtect variants of Blissy, any Florges with less than 232 bold HP that try to do anything other than wishtect, any fire type not named Infernape that isn't packing a choice scarf, Heracross, the Nido's, and a long LONG list of other mons ranging from Roserade to Mamparos. In short stall of all variants is limited by the number of threats it has to counter, Dugtrio reduces those threats so effectively that this team can effectively start a game 6v4 or less allowing for an absurd number of "auto win" matchups where its actually impossible for you to lose. Its frail, not terrible powerful even with band and an adamant nature.

Fun trivia: adamant CB Duggy was conceived when I was watching the old LTI games and noticed that pretty much every single player in that tournament straight lost to big boy Duggy. Do not run jolly Duggy, it misses out on too many ohko's 2 hit Ko's.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse

The beatstick of beatsticks, modest specs draco meteor is DIE levels of damage, cutting blissys HP in half in combination with stealth rocks and comign with a verry real chance to ohko swamperts. Combine that level of power and an exelent defensive typing with Dugtrio running around threatening the trap and Florges providing wish support to enable multiple switchins its likely that hydra will be able to simply spam draco and dark pulse in the late game reducing the opposing team to 0 one mon at a time. Flash cannon is for 252 bold variants of Florges and Aromatisse as it puts them into a range where they are no longer able to swap into hydra with rocks on the field while U turn is U turn and leads to free trapping.

Fun trivia: This was originally timid scarf hydra, however it just didn't hit hard enough to really maim opposing stall teams and was negligible vs offense as it gave more setup turns than it could reliably revenge. It then became timid specs, and still did not hit hard enough to club opposing teams into submission modest however did the trick, so if your thinking of going timid on this, DONT.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Rock Blast

Ah, gen 5 spdef Rhyperior, this little gem of a poke provides a few key advantages over his comperables Swampert and Hippodon. Namely he resists flying with solid rock reducing the damage of fighting hits, has a multi hit rock move for breaking subs, and will always beat sub CM Raikou 1v1. Additionally he provides a nifty switch in to trick scarf and band users such as Victini so that Slowbro can maintain CM sweeper utility and provides phasing for the team.

Protip: If your thinking of swapping perior for another mon, don't. He can be dead weight at times but when you need him, he's frankly irreplaceable.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 208 HP / 124 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

Bulky pivot Crobat provides the team with a fast revenge killer for those rare times when dugtrio's adamant nature hinders more than it helps, he also keeps hazards off your side of the field and provides invaluable momentum. I chose Crobat for my hazard control for his speed, and more importantly, his typing, Most if not all of the mon's that are considered Crobat "counters" can either be freely U turned on or will simply refuse to kill the bat due to imminent dugtrio death. Plus toxic immunity is a big deal.

Fun trivia: This Crobat has added on more speed creep no less than 7 times over its lifespan. I tried item-less acrobatics, but residual damage wound up hurting more than knock off spam.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Scald/Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Good ole CM Slowbro, it lifts the team over fire spam, it carries the team through stall fights when all else has failed when it picked p a burn, it sweeps bulky offense that forgets to pack a grass type, it walls half the damn metagame, and its this teams only counter to curselax and crocune. 32 speed is because I'm an ass and like to speed creep speed creeping Escavaliers along with other CM bro's that speed creep bro's speed creeping escavalier to always win bro vs bro CM wars.

Fun trivia: This was rocky helmet, itemless, and at one point also carried a shed shell and has run between 0 and 32 speed ev's and Iv's over its lifespan. Its currently packing ice beam over scald to screw with Haxorous and Shamin harder.

Using the team: Look at team preview carefully, assign jobs to each poke and modify your strategy after early game scouting, once you've established a game plan stick to it and play safe, play super mega ultra boring safe until your opponent over predicts or until they begin getting cocky and making super risky plays. Then rip out their hydra or slowbro counter and win. The only exception to this rule is the following "big threat" list.

The big threats:

Haxorous: This is going to get a kill no matter what you do unless your packing ice beam bro, change your game plan based on what you need to fodder and force it to outrage lock then pick up the kill with florges.
Np Infernape: Unless crobat is in fire blast kill range go to friggin crobat on this asap. Do not play with big threats.
Wishtect Blissy/252def Florges: Keep rocks up and roar them out on the wishtect until hydra can just beat through. If duggy has already trapped offensive threats feel free to burn their wishtect PP with EQ spam. Expect a long game.
RoarCMSuicune/CurseWWlax: Remove toxic users and CMbro counters asap while keeping cune in check with specs hydra + roar on the rest or lax in check with roar, Then fodder everything but CMbro and sweep.
NP Celebi: Fodder an unneeded poke for damage and kill it with a 5 mon dugtrio beat up or force it to spam NP on sucker punch and threaten it out with crobat. Alternaltely you can pivot Florges>hydra>crobat to force it out though that's hellishly risky.

Replays: Have some old replays I dug up of me being bad with this team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-137186745
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-137177778
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-135268242
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-134993657
(Seems theres no replay of it but protip, this team does in fact 6-0 king UU's RMT)

Importable: http://pastebin.com/hguqgWve

Credit to:

Ah Yueah, Bleve, and Barba Atun: for helping me test and refine this team in its early stages. Plus every UU game needs commentation yo.
Pleasure Kitten: "adamant duggy is a terrible idea" Your my muse <3
UU council: Thanks for banning shadow tag, THE DUGGY STANDSALONE
Everyone who beat this team ever: All the later changes and weird set modifications come from you guys, I hate you with all my revengance but the team is what it is cause of ya'll.
The Touhoumon shoddy community: A lot of the ideas I use in teambuilding come from this metagame rather than pokemon proper. I wouldn't be half the player I am (which isnt saying much) without you inglorious bastards. REAL MEN PLAY WITH DOLLS

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)