A spike team

Hi I'm .zen.
I decided to build a team around forcing switching (via encore, for example) but didn't work so well. So I putted some revengers in my team (Dugtrio and Feraligator), changed a couple of thing, and the result was... interesting.
I want to know what you think about my team, and how to make it better.
(One thing, I'm not english. So i'll surely make some grammar mistakes)

TEAM BUILDING
I decided to put Omastar as my hentry hazard placer. I know that he isn't great, but I really don't want to put 2 pokes for placing both SR and spikes. At least he can switch in Normal, Fire or Ice attacks.

Then I found that Jumpluff have some nice sinergy with Omastar: he can come in on ground-/grass-type attacks and encore them, forcing the opponent to switch. I putted him in lead spot, because it's the only pokèmon in my team that could lead nicely. In more, Leech Seed forces switches. I really love you Jumpluff <3

Of course, now I need some defense. Some more, because Omastar can't really fill that role, IMO. I opted for Weezing and Clefable. Weezing can W-O-W strong attackers, making them weaker. In more, he could come in on so many pokèmon, and make them switch away from his creepy W-O-W (I hope :P). Clefable fills both the role of supporter and special wall. He set Light Screen, tricks Flame Orb AND uses Wish. Such a great pokèmon. Burning a foe is always useful.

My team looks like a Stall team? Now comes the difference. I have chosen Feraligatr over other priority users for his good overall bulk, and access to a possible Torrent-boosted Aqua Jet. If I have screens up (Reflect from Jumpluff and Light Screen from Clefable), it'll be easy to set up both Sub and SD.

Now, while the team is quite finished, I realised that i am OBLIVIOUSLY weak to electric-types. Since I need a reliable revenger as well, I have chosen Dugtrio. This thing is really annoing. If he comes on a choiced electric-type move, i can easily set up and start spamming EQ all around. Wish support is a must, since I am running a Life Orb. This thing could also revenge Heracross.

Okay, now:

IN-DEPTH ANALISIS

Lead

Jumpluff@Lefties
Clorophyll
252HP/252SPD/6SDEF
Jolly
-Encore
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder
-Reflect

I have chosen him over others because he can gratly cause switches: encoreing a stat-up move, earthquake or a grass move and using leech seed to leech opponent's live, or reflect to support the team. I use him as a lead because of sleep powder, that could otherwise conflict with the W-O-W Weezing greatly spams. But I must say I don't like this set much. Suggestions?

Physical Wall

Weezing@Lefties
Levitate
252HP/252DEF/6SPD
Bold
-W-O-W
-Pain Split
-Flamenthrower
-Thunderbolt

Classic Wall Weezing. W-O-W cripples fearsome sweepers, while Pain Split is quite a recovery move. But so unreliable. That's why I need Clefable. He can come in on a huge number of pokemon, and have always helped me in dangerous situations. What else to say? A very good pokemon, IMO.

Special Wall/Supporter

Clefable@FlameOrb
Magic Guard
252HP/252SDEF/6SPD
Calm
-Light Screen
-Trick
-Wish
-Seismic Toss

It's a really good pokemon. Really. He manages to heal my team so well, i don't know what to do without him. But aside of that, nothing really. I am considering running a Toxic+Wish+Protect Staller Set, or to put Gravity on it. The problem is that, while making Dugtrio an huge treath, he makes Weezing weak to ground, and Jumpluff really useless. Suggestion here are welcome. :)

Spiker

Omastar@Leftovers
Shell Armor
252HP/178DEF/80SDEF
Bold
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Knock Off
-Surf

Here's my Spiker, a mere Standard Support set. Meh. I finded really hard to place more than a layer of spikes and SR. Sometimes i even can't set up SR. Alas, i manage to win also without hentry hazards (rare cases, though, because i usually manage to set up SR). I really can't decide: is better going for Knock Off? Or to change for something better? But, i must say it, is the best poke in UU for setting up both SR and Spikes (It is the only one? lol).

Trying Sweeping

Feraligatr@Leftovers
Torrent
104HP/252ATK/152SPD
Adamant
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-Aqua Jet
-Return

The Water-Normal combo is quite hard to counter, since no UU pokemon can resist it (except the lol-shedininja that is killed by SR). If i manage to support it properly, he can try to sweep. Under a sub, Return and Aqua Jet neats some nice kills. With some entry hazards on the field, the weakned foe is in a critical position. Don't think Aqua Jet is weak just because it is a 40BP move. The Crocodile rules!

Revenger

Dugtrio@Life Orb
Arena Trap
6HP/252ATK/252SPD
-Substitute
-Aerial Ace
-Sucker Punch
-Earthquake

Is there anything to say? If i manage to catch a choiced electric, i can set up and wreak a little things. EQ is a must, while Sucker Punch is a bit tricky. Substitute protects me from Sucker Punch, while Aerial Ace destroys the annoying bug called Heracross. Eat this!

Well, after making this team i realised:
-I have no Ghosts. It's an huge flaw, since evry rapid spinner blows my entries away. Should i leave Jumpluff for a Ghost?
-I realised i am really weak to rain. Last time i met a rain team, i have lost 3-6

Sorry I haven't done any threatlist. I am really bad at this :P
Well, thanks for reading, and remember:
SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME

Combine Feraligatr's and Dugtrio's qualities to have Quagsire. Quagsire's access to Water Absorb allows him to do well.

Throw in Mismagius as your 6th then so you have a Rapid Spin blocker and a Special Sweeper.

The problem is that i won't have any pokemon that could revenge well. It's not just for the tipying. But i will put Mismagius instead of Jumpluff.
Thank you :)

Hi .zen, I remember facing this team =]. If your going to use jolly on pluff, then use U-turn. You want Timid to keep your attack low so if you hurt yourself in confusion, it wont be as strong; reflect isn't doing anytihng though, so just slap U-turn onto it. Also dugtrio wants Stone Edge over Aerial Ace to hit flyers. If you want to beat heracross, you need a scarf as 99% of of them are scarved and will outspeed u. you also want Protect over LS on cleffy to scout and speed up wish.

nice team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)