A Team I'm Proud Of

Adamant; Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
@ Life Orb
~ Dragon Dance
~ Stone Edge
~ Crunch
~ Earthquake

i wanted to start with this bad boy, Tyranitar. i wanted to work my way around with its team because i thought if i had this as my core, that it will be a dominant team with a core with 600 base stat total =D

Jolly; Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
@Focus Sash
~ Stealth Rock
~ Taunt
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide

i needed a good lead so i picked the fastest Stealth Rock lead in the game. i thought to myself tat both were rock type and have similar weaknesses. this is my Pawn to fend off the other leads as a sacrifice.

Timid; Magnet Pull
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
@Leftovers
~ Substitute
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power (Grass 70)
~ Magnet Rise

wanted a solution to my problem, so i got the fancy steel killer itself. thought it looked pretty cool shiny so i RNGed one. instead of HP Fire, i went with Grass to damage incoming ground types after i finish off a steel type for Tyranitar... it also has great potential with this tyranitar set. A simple Rook for the king.

http://www.smogon.com/wiki/File:Spr_4d_373.png

Timid; Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 Spe
@Leftovers
~ Substitute
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball

of all of Magnezones many resistances it has a 4x weakness towards ground type moves, a pokemon wih levitate thats immun to ground and fighting sence its a ghost is good. thankyou Curtains for the set. a great defencive Knight for any chess board.

Adamant; Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
@Leftovers
~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake

another great sweeper and easy to switch in thanks to resistances to fighting, water, and steel. a perfect partner for a dragon dance tyranitar. it also has great type with magnezone as well. i done RNGed it. my bishop for the tight spots i usually can get out of.

Timid; Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
@Choice Specs
~ Draco Meteor
~ Surf
~ Thunderbolt
~ Trick

Latias has that 600 base i love... powerful and devastating enough to do almost everything it can with the right ade. i have one of negator's latias. whats the king without his Queen to help rule.

thats my team, please tell me what you think... i cant change any members besides salamence and aerodactyl. though i well take into consideration any edvice on the strategy i might need

Main weaknesses
-Mamoswine
-Machamp
-infernape

You have a very big Mamoswine weakness. Id suggest getting a pokemon that resists Ice/Ground moves
i had already took that into consideration... i have gyarados that is immun to ground and takes normal damage toward ice type moves, thank you

One Pokémon isn't enough, especially since Mamoswine also carries Stone Edge a lot of the time.
i know this, that why i have magnezone with Magnet Rise instead of Expolsion. one poke isnt enough? ther is also an opposing magnezone that worries me as well

a Sub+3 attack Machamp could easily dent this team. If he's carrying Dynamicpunch, ice punch and stone edge/tpunch, your team will be down before you know what hit it. Dynamic OHKO's TTar no problem, Latais and mence go down to ice punch and Gyara to SE/tpunch.
i think the main problem is having both latias and mence on your team gives you a super big ice weakness. It's not just mamoswine, it's ice in general. Mixape usually carries HP ice and that could also spell danger for your team.

i suggest replacing gyara with a Jiarchi @ choice scarf
~ Iron Head
~ Fire Punch
~ Ice Punch / ThunderPunch
~ U-turn / Trick / Zen Headbutt
80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe

this gives you a good revenge killer while also taking care of your ice weakness. Being able to kill mamo w/ Fire punch is a big one and Champ with zen headbutt. Def consider this for your team

Ok, first you need a spinner, since you have salamence and gyarados weak against it while you have tyranitars sandstorm blowing them.

First, put Aerodactyl on the lead position.

Next, I would suggest you replace Tyranitar for a spinner such as Starmie. Here's a set I recommend.

Starmie@Leftovers
Timid
136HP/156Def/216speed
Surf l Thunderbolt l Rapid spin l Recover

With Aero putting rocks up, this guy will help you kill gyarados even when he has +1. Starmie can also defeat Infernapes with surf and recover the damage.

Also I would give gyarados leftovers instead of life orb for more survivability.

Good luck with your team, hope I helped.

okay, i can replace (out of all of them) salamence.... i wont replace tyranitar because what would be the point of having magnezone in the first place, Duh. what pokemon should replace salamence?

fine, im thinking that ethier spiritomb or gengar can replace salamence. because of gengars immunity towards ground and the normal type attacks that mamoswine loves its okay, but spiritomb has resistance towards anything that machamp can throw at my team. opinions?

i play chess too. your champ weakness is not as big as it looks. Mence ,gyara and latias walls the stab move. If ya want replace someone with rotomA . nice solid team. 7.4/10 your weaknesses are not common pokes in top level play.3 pokemon handle ape.

i play chess too. your champ weakness is not as big as it looks. Mence ,gyara and latias walls the stab move. If ya want replace someone with rotomA . nice solid team. 7.4/10 your weaknesses are not common pokes in top level play.3 pokemon handle ape.
i love playing chess and tactical board games that are turned based... like pokemon, haha. thankyou, id like to take rotom-A into consideration... would wash form be good enough?

i love defensive sub rotom - C with reflect › wisp. but most variations of rotom-a except choiced ones have there own flavor depending on the players playstyle. choose your flavor.

its nice you wanna start off with t tar
but usually leads carry sr and if you want to prevent sr, lead with aero, since you really don't need taunt since its purpose is to prevent sr which happens on the first turn

its nice you wanna start off with t tar
but usually leads carry sr and if you want to prevent sr, lead with aero, since you really don't need taunt since its purpose is to prevent sr which happens on the first turn
not really wanting to lead with tyranitar, thats why aerodactyl is ther. its the fastest SR lead in OU. i use taunt first any way before i try and pull off SR. the worst thing possible to the lead is fack out which breaks its focus sash, limiting my chance of moving two turns... i need the two turn to pull of tant and then stealth rock

Your new team looks much better than before, you have way more coverage now and lots of power. Great improvements.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
I'm looking at this team and I noticed you have a pretty serious weakness to Dragon Dancers, especially Salamence and Tyranitar. Mence outspeeds your whole team after a DD and can OHKO everything with a +1 Outrage - it can set up on Magnezone or on Latias locked into Surf. Meanwhile, DD Tyranitar is an even worse problem as the Crunch/Stone Edge/EQ combination hits every poke on your team for super-effective damage.

To rectify this, I would utilise a Choice Band Scizor - you benefit by luring in things like Rotom's Scarf Overheat which Tyranitar can set up on. Scizor is also good at taking care of the Mamoswines people have suggested you're weak to. I'm not going to suggest something to replace, because if certain pokes on your team are 'untouchable' then I would rather leave it up to you to decide.

I'm looking at this team and I noticed you have a pretty serious weakness to Dragon Dancers, especially Salamence and Tyranitar. Mence outspeeds your whole team after a DD and can OHKO everything with a +1 Outrage - it can set up on Magnezone or on Latias locked into Surf. Meanwhile, DD Tyranitar is an even worse problem as the Crunch/Stone Edge/EQ combination hits every poke on your team for super-effective damage.

To rectify this, I would utilise a Choice Band Scizor - you benefit by luring in things like Rotom's Scarf Overheat which Tyranitar can set up on. Scizor is also good at taking care of the Mamoswines people have suggested you're weak to. I'm not going to suggest something to replace, because if certain pokes on your team are 'untouchable' then I would rather leave it up to you to decide.
thankyou... problem with this is the opposing magnezone weakness i stated earlier. it kills scizor and can kill the tyranitar on my team after a magnet rise due to my scizor being in and fainting. my magnezone and tyranitar can kill salamence with ethier a nuetral damage thunderbolt or an STAB super effective stone edge if it hits, before it can set up dragon dance... and after its locked on to Outrage it cant kill magnezone by 2HKO after +1. it then kills salamence

An easy way to handle the magnezone weakness is to use Rotom-H with overheat instead of Rotom-C with substitute (EVs can stay the same). This Rotom-H set has a 46% chance of OHKO against Smogon's steelkiller magnezone set, 82% with SR up. If you put in 40 EVs in SpA you'll always OHKO with SR.

Even without the EVs in SpA, this also helps take care of mamoswine - Overheat OHKOs with SR, and you can switch in on an expected earthquake.

An easy way to handle the magnezone weakness is to use Rotom-H with overheat instead of Rotom-C with substitute (EVs can stay the same). This Rotom-H set has a 46% chance of OHKO against Smogon's steelkiller magnezone set, 82% with SR up. If you put in 40 EVs in SpA you'll always OHKO with SR.

Even without the EVs in SpA, this also helps take care of mamoswine - Overheat OHKOs with SR, and you can switch in on an expected earthquake.
THANKYOU...thats exacally what i need. kill my most important counters is great. and i just need to change sets instead of pokes. love it. thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)