ORAS UU A Team That Works for Some Reason

Don't expect this team to get you to #1, this team is just something I threw together and it got me to a decent position on the ladder. After that I proceeded to lose due to immense hax ;-;

THE IMMOVABLE OBJECT

Desmond (Gastrodon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Can't have a UU team without stall! Am I right or am I right?
I wanted to have a bit of stall shenanigans, and since Suicune is too mainstream, I went for the cute abomination known as gastrodon.
Scald is for the burnzzz, I don't know a worthy replacement for this guy in the UU (no scald) ladder, if I can get a suggestion that'd be great. Recover and toxic is for that stalling ability, and I myself made many unprepared foes rage quit. Earth power is a nice ground stab to have, and it's nice to have for Mega Aggrons that run around, if you prefer Earthquake by all means run it. The EV spread is for the sake of having a defensive wall since we already have two special ones

THE FLATULATOR
Ol' Stinky (Skuntank) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 16 HP / 228 Atk / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

How does this guy even Defog?
Hazards do cause this team an issue, and I wanted to throw something new into the table, so I went for this hideous Gen 4 pokemon
Defog is for the hazards that give this team an issue, and taunt is for an inevitable sucker punch from this guy. Poison jab is a nice STAB. 16 hp instead of something more is because those EV's are better when placed, like for the 228 attack to increase the power of your sucker punches and jabs. You're probably wondering about the 12 speed, it's for outspeeding slower pokemon.

THE UNSTOPPABLE FORCE

THE POWEEEEEER (Aerodactyl-Mega) (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Aqua Tail
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge

I HAVE THE POWEEEEEER - HeMan 1980's
Aerodactyl is a great UU pokemon right now, so I kinda sorta built my team around it.
Mega Aerodactyl is a complete and utter....savage. You have your typical moves like Roost is for recovering all the damage you have taken, due to the fact Maero is so frail. Stone edge as well as Aqua Tail for their respective type counters and STABs. Hone Claws is what everybody runs though, I see earthquake every now and again but this is waaaaay more useful. The increase in attack and accuracy is too damn handy, increasing your POWEEEEEER while also increasing your accuracy, which allows stone edge and Aqua Tail to hit more often. The ev spread doent need to be explained right?

THE UNRELENTING POWER

The Real Threat (Dragalge) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Adaptability
Bold Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Hidden Power [ice]

This man has some threats - Shofu
You can't be successful in UU without some sort of tank.
Dragalge, the unsung savior of the dragons. Draco meteor is obviously for that power, most people prefer this over dragon pulse for many good reasons, power...ok that was one reason but you get my point. Sludge wave over sludge bomb because if Mr. Chesnaught. Scald for a ground type switch in and HP ice for Gligar. Defense and HP EV's for increased bulk, due to adaptibility, it's pretty much like you invested already. Ugh, I can detect the elitists yelling at me for having an assault best, IT'S FOR MORE SPECIAL BULK OK!!??

THE ROAD HOUSE

Road House (Mienshao) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

#RoadHouse
Mienshao and Gastrodon take are to steel types that cause a but of an issue for Maero.
Reckless HJK isn't even a joke, it's too damn strong. Rock slide is for coverage, U turn is for the switch. Knock off is for an incoming ghost which can and will switch into your HJK. That snazzy scarf is because it's the best item for Mienshao, and the EV's don't need to be explained.

THE LORD

Not A Baton Passer (Ninjask) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- X-Scissor
- Aerial Ace
- Night Slash

Choice Band ninjask? Are you high? - killintime
I just threw this guy on the team for no reason, but it's a good pokemon, despite the fact that literally everyone says it's bad, then they get u-turned on :]
U turn is for a Beedrill-esqe style of play, only faster and being able to pass sub. X scizzor and Aerial ace is for STAB, and night slash because Ninjask's movepool is trash. Now, why would I run band ninjask? Well, this guy can offer momentum.

252 Atk Choice Band Ninjask U-turn vs. 8 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 338-402 (104.6 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Ninjask U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Sceptile: 338-402 (120.2 - 143%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Ninjask U-turn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Sharpedo: 356-420 (126.6 - 149.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Just some calcs to consider, Bandjask can deal with and outspeed threats. Some people say Mega Beedrill outclasses Bandjask in the U-Turning regard, I already have a mega slot, and Ninjask is faster.

Desmond (Gastrodon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Ol' Stinky (Skuntank) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 16 HP / 228 Atk / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

THE POWEEEEEER (Aerodactyl-Mega) (M) @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge

The Real Threat (Dragalge) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Dragon Pulse

Road House (Mienshao) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Not A Baton Passer (Ninjask) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- X-Scissor
- Aerial Ace
- Night Slash

Please forgive any grammatical errors, and any recommendations will be accepted

Shoutout to all the people doubting the unrelenting power of Bandjask :]

Last edited:
Pretty solid team overall. I'd consider Scald over Pump on Dragalge, seeing you're a bulky mofo and a burn always comes in handy. In my opinion Dragalge works better with Choice Specs, since now you're not able to do anything back with your 'tank'.

I personally like Stone Edge over Rock Slide on Mienshao; the extra power is nice. I hate being locked into one move with Mienshao so I often go for Life Orb instead of Choice Scarf. All depends on the situation though.

I like the Taunt + Sucker Punch combo on your Skuntank. Haven't seen it that often and might catch people off guard.

Pretty solid team overall. I'd consider Scald over Pump on Dragalge, seeing you're a bulky mofo and a burn always comes in handy. In my opinion Dragalge works better with Choice Specs, since now you're not able to do anything back with your 'tank'.

I personally like Stone Edge over Rock Slide on Mienshao; the extra power is nice. I hate being locked into one move with Mienshao so I often go for Life Orb instead of Choice Scarf. All depends on the situation though.

I like the Taunt + Sucker Punch combo on your Skuntank. Haven't seen it that often and might catch people off guard.
Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't like missing :P
Also, do you know how to make the folder thing so I can importable information in there?

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
sup lilli pretty creative team u got there. The one thing I would suggest for is regarding your aerodactyl set is roost over aerial ace. Roost really helps aero have some longevity and set up on a mon like florges who can hit you for under half and you can roost off the damage while setting up for more reliable sweeps. Aerial ace is not as needed on the hone claws set as you can ohko grass types with a +1 stone edge. Thats all I got for ya seems like a fun team.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Roost

+1 252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Roserade: 357-420 (110.8 - 130.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Heracross: 318-375 (105.6 - 124.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mienshao: 305-359 (112.5 - 132.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO(In the event it isnt scarfed)

+1 252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shaymin: 252-297 (73.9 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(just need a little prior damage)

sup lilli pretty creative team u got there. The one thing I would suggest for is regarding your aerodactyl set is roost over aerial ace. Roost really helps aero have some longevity and set up on a mon like florges who can hit you for under half and you can roost off the damage while setting up for more reliable sweeps. Aerial ace is not as needed on the hone claws set as you can ohko grass types with a +1 stone edge. Thats all I got for ya seems like a fun team.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Roost

+1 252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Roserade: 357-420 (110.8 - 130.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Heracross: 318-375 (105.6 - 124.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mienshao: 305-359 (112.5 - 132.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO(In the event it isnt scarfed)

+1 252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Shaymin: 252-297 (73.9 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(just need a little prior damage)
Thanks broseph :]
I'll take your suggestions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)