A Theory: Epic Fail or Epic win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I have an idea for a potential standard environment twist. This could be very successful, or very epic fail, but I'd like to know for sure.

My idea is: every standard team gets to use one (and ONLY ONE) Uber in their team. They cannot use Arceus as that one, and the Soul Dew clause still applies. This may seem broken at first, but I say that it could add another layer of strategy to the game.

Use Deoxys-e as your uber, for lead position? That's great, you out-do the other suicide leads and get an early lead. However, your opponent now knows that you have no other ubers, while they have one waiting in the wings.

Use Lugia as a great wall to accompany Blissey? Great! You wall many OU foes with ease and end up stalling your foe to death. However you lose if the foe's Uber is (probably very common with this system) Deoxys-f, which destroys your great wall and sweeps.

Use Deoxys-f to tear a hole in the other team? Perfect! You'll most likely destroy their wall and easily win! Problem is, your great Uber choice is murdered by priority attacks and good prediction, especially if its choiced.

Wobbufet is your choice? Great, you lay the hurt on both sweepers and walls with your broken power. However, Wobbufet's best counters are OU/UU and WILL kill you, including Gardenivour, (how DO you spell it? xD) Porygon2, and Spiritomb, and Dugtrio.

And how do you counter said Uber while still being able to function as a OU team? This will add another strategic element which could potentially be wonderful for the OU metagame.

Sun teams will benefit from Groudon while Rain teams will like Kyogre. Baton Pass chains get Mew to pass or Mewtwo to receive. Darkrai's Dark Void can help ANY team whatsoever, while Shaymin-S will finally get its OU big break that it deserves. And your old-school OU teams get Garchomp back!

Uber pokemon who were so great in ubers or had one specific strategy might have to use a completely different one. Psychic STAB will be employed more often here because enough viable pokemon actually take decent damage from it. Certain OU pokemon will benefit, either from synergy with an Uber or the power to trounce over a popular uber or two.

It sounds crazy, but I say it is worth a shot. What do YOU think?

Groudon and Kyogre would basically be the only two chosen and centralize the metagame around weather. Especially since Abomasnow and Tyranitar aren't going to be switching into them.

It might be an interesting tourney (although hasn't something like this been done before?) but as far as a metagame goes, I think it is destined to fail in the end.

Similar to how not-so-great Ubers are given test runs in OU, I think this should be given a test run, but I see your point.

Then again, you could always pack a Rayquaza or a pokemon with High SpA and Grass Knot and possibly Thunder to beat Groudon/Kyogre, and then watch the themed team fall.

Dual Screen Deo-S -> Pure Baton Pass Gliscor -> Metagross

Again.

Doesn't seem like a very good idea tbh.

haunter

Banned deucer.
We've had 2 years of suspect test just to remove Pokemon that were considered too powerful from the metagame. This is just not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)