ORAS UU A thing with Parasect and Bronzong

I started off with a Parasect Bronzong core as heatproof Bronzong switches in on fire, flying, bug, you name it! And parasect switches in on ground type moves. (I know amoongus was a better choice but when do you get to use Parasect?)

Next I decided to use Tentacruel because it spins hazards that wear down my defensive core. Also provided an added fire resist.

I saw that my team was weak to Mega Aerodactyl so I threw in Gligar for an immunity to earthquake and it's physical bulk.

Looking at the team, most of it was stally and it was in need of a win condition. I added mega swampert because bulk and high speed under rain.

Umbreon was the last choice because it provides wish support and more toxic.

THE TEAM

Parasect @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb / Aromatherapy / Spore
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Parasect is used on this team as it is a complete counter to Crocune and wears down the opposing team with leech seed. 248 hp for minimal SR damage and 88 Def + 172 SpD for an even defense stat on both sides. (Considering to run max SpD to mix well with max Def Bronzong.)

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Bronzong is the partner to Parasect because it resists all of Parasect's weaknesses and a couple other types. It also serves as a way to beat physical fire threats such as Arcanine and Infernape with the combination of heatproof and earthquake.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb / Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Tentacruel provides hazard support and checks mega Beedrill if it's the knock off variant. Knock Off can be ran instead of sludge bomb if you're selfish and you don't want anybody but you to have anything lol.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic / U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Knock Off

Gligar also checks mega Beedrill (mostly the drill run variant) and mega Aerodactyl... and anything that attacks physically. I prefer u-turn over toxic to keep the momentum going if I have any. It also hits mega Sceptiles that wanna come in with hp ice and destroy my life.

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This is where the cool things start happening for my team. After setting up a rain dance, I don't only have a powerful sweeper but i've essentially made Bronzong resistant against fire and I've given Parasect more leftovers. It's safe to run adamant because in the rain you can easily outspeed mega Sceptile and mega Aerodactyl and hit them up with an ice punch.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Moonlight / Heal Bell
- Toxic / Heal Bell
- Foul Play

Umbreon is here to keep the team members alive, you know how it goes. I prefer Heal Bell over moonlight as burns could be bad for the majority of my team.
Parasect @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Rapid Spin

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Knock Off

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Moonlight
- Toxic
- Foul Play

Constructive criticism much appreciated!

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)