is a Past WCoP Champion
Updated for amusement on: March 13, 2008

Eat it.

Hypno
- Hypnosis
- Psychic
- Rest
- Toxic
Great. I can go for the Hypnosis and risk losing Hypno to sleep, or switch out and have Zapdos/Rhydon take it. Either way is good, but most of the time I prefer to keep Hypno around, and just the psychological factor that Hypnosis might hit my opponent may be enough to scare him to go defensive. Toxic is amazing for screwing with Psychic types switching in to wall me. The Psychic/Toxic move combination hits all Pokemon in the RBY generation.

Cloyster
- Blizzard
- Surf
- Explosion
- Rest
"Tauros counter," if that really exists. Rest cures my own paralysis, which is extremely handy. I'm considering Toxic > Surf, but I'll put that on hold for now. (This used to run Clamp when I was abusing paralysis instead of Toxic.)

Tangela
- Growth
- Mega Drain
- Rest
- Toxic
This thing is a beast. Growth up to maximize Mega Drain damage, with Toxic for general wearing down. I won a Tangela vs. Tangela war with this because of the lack of rest on my opponent's part, and swept his team. The only bad thing is that rest won't cure the speed down of paralysis unless I switch out.

Zapdos
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
I almost never show this thing until the very end, or until their ground type dies to something. A great sweeper that can even go about killing ground types with Toxic.

Rhydon
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Rock Slide
Rest > Substitute for survivability + status recovery if it ever happens. Blizzard hits Grass types for surprisingly nice damage.

Chansey
- Ice Beam
- Softboiled
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic
uh.

Damn straight; rest on every Pokemon but Chansey. I am that hardcore!

Basically, I can outlast any team with this set up. I have pretty much everything covered, too. The lack of rest on a lot of Pokemon on a standard RBY team means that I can slowly but surely wear them down with my powerful hits and Toxic abuse. If possible, Zapdos sweep.

This team seems ok in theory, The only thing that I would really change is Growth to Stune Spore / Sleep Powder on Tangela imo. Reflect seems meh in RBY, I would really lose it for Thunder Wave imo. Dragonite over Zapdos can work if you're lame enough you have a move that may para on every Pokemon. Also this team lacks Snorlax, Slowbro, and Articuno to be considered a RBY stall =[

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
The only reason I use Tangela is for Bind and Growth, unlike Exeggutor who would rather Explode and Stun Spore all day rather than resting and everything else my Tangela is doing. And also, Tangela resists earthquake, unlike Slowbro. :>

I could probably fit Articuno/Snorlax/Slowbro over Zapdos, though, since he is mostly a filler poke that I thought would have some nice potential. If those pokemon are what you are expecting on a stall team, and I don't have them, I am doing a pretty good job. :>

What do you think? Maybe I should use Gyarados over Zapdos. Or Clefable. ;p Give me some good pokemon!

Well, I never said to lose Rest on Tangela, In fact I think it's set should be Bind, Sleep Powder / Stune Spore, Rest, Mega Drain, I found Growth to be useless in both UU and OU battles, as you're better off using doublepowder or Rest.

If you ask me I would use another pokemon that can wrap in Zapdos' slot. Maybe a Tenacruel with Surf, Wrap, Blizzard / Hyper Beam, and if you're crazy enough you can use Rest as the last slot. Another route you can go is use a Pokemon that can clean up after the mass para, something like Tauros and Persian come to mind. Lastly you could just stick another wall like Snorlax, Slowbro, Articuno, etc...

If I recall correctly Borat's RBY stall team was Hypno, Snorlax, Exeggutor, Chansey, Rhydon, and Articuno, which included the move Toxic on all his Pokemon, It was pretty fun to watch people say WTF, Toxic in RBY, lololol noob.

the problem with rest on so most of your pokes is that it might be easy to predict the turns you rest = a free switch the turn you use rest.

also an explosion team might give you alot of trouble.

edit: watch out for wrap teams ;_;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)