A twist from the normal OU.

So I started to use Shoddy a few weeks ago and before that hadn't really competitively battled. I had some of the basics down but I was a bit inexperienced on how the metagame functioned. However, in this short time I feel I have learnt enough to say I know what I'm doing, and this team is the end result of this time. Enjoy;

NOTE: Changes are made in Blue.

Solrock @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4HP/252Atk/252Spd
Nature: Adamant
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Now I'm well aware that people are going to argue that there are better leads, like Jirachi and Machamp and generic OU lead, but I've found after trying quite a few leads that Solrock actually works really well. He can beat a lot of the common leads 1 on 1, including Azelf, Aerodactyl, Weavile if it Swords Dances on the first turn, Jirachi if it Tricks, and can set up Stealth Rocks with impunity against Swampert, and then explode for the kill. It can also Explode and OHKO Machamp, ruining the Dynamicpunch garbage seen on every Machamp. It can also take out many sweepers that think they can switch in, such as Salamence, making it an extremely useful Poke' that can't really be set up on, and can SR.

Absol @ Scope Lens
Ability: Super Luck
- Psycho Cut
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

I love my Absol. But at the same time, I do realise it has a lot of easily exploitable flaws. The reason I have it in my team however, is because of the unique service it gives me, which I consider divine intervention. Some games Absol has very little impact on the game, getting OHKO'ed or statused, but the times when it does have an impact, it usually turns a losing game into a winning game simply by wiping out set up sweepers, taking out Blisseys with one +2 Superpower, and critting left right and centre. There have been many times Absol has been one of my last Poke'mon and they've had a Latias Choiced into an attack, and I've critted it and OHKO'ed the nuisance, whereas the rest of my team couldn't stand up to it. I just cannot find another Poke' that can do the job of table turning as well as Absol can.

Metagross @ Expert Belt
Ability: Clear Body
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Agiligross. 'Nuff said. This thing needs one turn to get Agility off, then can sweep an entire team, can eat almost any Poke' in one hit, can survive the odd attack back, and wipes out some of the most fearsome sweepers in a single blow. This thing is basically my true Physical Sweeper, and has consistently done me proud. Also, the type coverage is phenomenal, making it run through almost anything.

Raikou @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4HP/252SpA/252Spd
Nature: Timid
- Calm Mind
- HP Grass
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt

This thing has 6-0'ed enough times for me to think it may be the best Special Sweeper in the game. I don't know why Raikou is BL, it should be OU without a doubt. A couple of calm minds and it OHKO's anything that doesn't resist it, and sometimes even them. Even dents Blissey after enough setting up, and has no weakness thanks to Magnet Rise. Can effectively set up on a lot of Poke'mon, such as Gliscor, whom can basically Toxic back, as most people rely on EQ. OHKO's Swampert, Rhyperior, anything with a 4x Grass weakness no matter what. Thunderbolt OHKO's Scizor, can OHKO Lucario, and after a CM OHKO's Salamence. It is an absolute beast.

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
EVs: 252HP/68Def/188Spd
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Ball
-Pain Split
Seems to be working really well now, thanks for the help. Much more effective and it isn't really situational anymore. Thumbs up.

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

My Special Sweeper in-a-can. It's primary purpose is to just check some of the threats if my other Poke'mon have fainted, or Rapid Spin the 130590 layers of hazards around my team. Generally just my utility Poke'mon that has done a couple of sweeps in its time.

Anyway, any opinions that are sensible will be considered, constructive criticism is appreciated, and thanks for reading!

Well after a quick glance at this team a scarftar can rape your team
I think rotom-h should have overheat to take care of incoming scizor and your team lacks fire atks

Im sort of confused as to why your trick Rotom has a Flame Orb and Will"O"Wisp, while tricking causes burn, and I can see the benefit of burning again on the switch, I think Overheat would work better in its place. And I dont really see the need for you to have a spinner really, none of your Pokes are SR weak, and Spikes I dont think are a hughly important issue, I would switch out Starmie for a Scarf Latias. And I would give Metagross Meteor Mash over Thunderpunch, you already have plenty of electric attacks and Meteor Mash for STAB is helpful.

I dislike trick orb on rotom, one of his great abilities is being able to switch in on many popular attacks, using trick orb removes this completely.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Hm, I like the general idea of this team, but I have a few quibbles.

Having Trick-Flame Orb as well as Will-O-Wisp on Rotom-H is redundant. You also lack T-bolt, which makes Rotom so great. As your team has a lot of trouble handling Swords Dance Lucario (it sweeps your entire team if Will-O-Wisp misses), I recommend this Rotom set:

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
EVs: 252 HP/68 Def/188 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Substitute/Shadow Ball
-Pain Split/Shadow Ball

EVs allow you to outspeed Adamant Lucario.

Also, Metagross hates having no STAB, so consider putting Meteor Mash over Ice Punch. Meteor Mash does enough damage to both Salamence and Latias, and it gives you a much better attacking move against neutral targets.

Thanks for the comments guys, this really helps. I've looked at all of them, and thus far I've decided:

- Remake Rotom-h into the suggested set to outspeed Lucario.

- I'm considering replacing Starmie for either Gardevoir or Gengar. The sets are as follows:

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
Nature: Calm
- Grass Knot
- HP Fire
- T-Wave
- Psychic

Gengar @ Choice Specs
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Suggestions?

Considering replacing Absol with:

Gallade @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 4HP/252Atk/(Suggestions for distribution of the rest, want to outspeed as many Poke's as possible, especially Scarftar.)
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

- Considering the Metagross MM change over Ice/Thunder Punch. Which is a better idea?

Once again good suggestions will be taken into account. Thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)