a unique Metagross build

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
SK Ragdoll has thoroughly pointed out all the disadvantages of Gyro Ball except this one: it only has 8 PP. The only advantage I see is it has the potential of reaching a base power of 150, but its so easy to switch out to a slower pokemon to sop up the damage once the move is revealed. And you only have 8 PPs to spare. A single 20 % chance Attack boost from MM would pretty much do the same amount as maxed out Gyro Ball. 85% accuracy is still reliable, and is not risky enough to use Gyro Ball.

The selling point of this set seems to be that it doesn't fear T-Waves, unlike Agiligross, and are not easily walled due to CB forcing it to use a single move. I could however see a Metagross with a similar set but with Leftovers and Meteor Mash doing the same thing. That will improve its durability, and give it an offense that certain tanks would fear (hippowdon, for example, doesn't stand a chance if Metagross has Magnet Rise up and attack boosts from MMash undermine hippo's stalling capabilities)

I would say its a decent surprise, but i would still rather use Meteor Miss. This set wastes your hold item, which I dont think Metagross can afford to do.

Just Hammer Arm and then Gyro Ball. I thought about a set like that for the battle tower since you get the quick Magnet Rise and Hammer Arm then Gyro Ball away.

I envision this set as far more successful with leftovers, the utilization of Hammer Arm (without packing Earthquake) and the inclusion of Explosion.
:[
This Metagross NEEDS Earthquake especially if it's running Magnet Rise to ward off the only offensive threat it has (Fire). Without it, Heatran and Infernape would have a field day on it. There are plenty of other creatures that can pack Fire attacks as well, but Ice Punch and Gyro Ball can handle most of them, which happen to not hurt Fire Fire users as much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)