A UU team.

Alright, here's my latest and (probably) greatest UU team. Let's get started shall we?

At a Glance:

Uxie: The Lead.

Moves:
Thunderbolt
Stealth Rock
U-Turn
Yawn

EV Spread:
252 HP
252 Def
4 SpD

Nature:
Relaxed

Item:
Leftovers

Your standard Uxie lead here. Stealth Rock is a great bonus to any team, and this is no exception. If i see any fake out leads this uxie should be able to take them like a beast, due to the 252 HP and 252 Def EVs. Thunderbolt to hurt other common leads that psychic does not and comes in handy when i see the occaisonall cloyster or Moltres lead. Yawn to force switches/put something to sleep when Uxie finds things he doesn't like, and of course U-Turn to get the hell outta there. Leftovers will help him survive longer and add some extra durability.

Scyther: The physical sweeper

Moves
Sword Dance
Brick Break
Bug Bite
Aerial Ace

EV Spread:
252 Atk
252 Spe
4 HP

Ability: Technician

Item: Life Orb

Nature: Jolly

Whenever i find the opportunity to bring scyther in, i do it. Swords dance if i get a chance to set up of course. Bug Bite, Aerial Ace, and Brick Break provide great coverage, and Bug Bite and Aerial Ace both get 60 base power STAB and Technician, providing incredibly powerful moves, even if it isn't super effective. The EV spread gives the maximum sweeping potential as possible. Jolly gives me that extra bit of speed i wouldn't get with Adamant. But let's face it, after a swords dance, do you really need an adamant nature?

Umbreon: The Staller

Moves:
Curse
Mean Look
Moonlight/Wish
Payback

Nature: Sassy

EV Spread:
200 Atk
252 HP
56 SpD

IVs:
0 SpE

Item: Leftovers

Curse will boost umbreon's Rather lackluster Attack, and raise it's already good Def, and lower his speed, insuring that payback will always have 100 Base power. Mean Look will trap helpless pokemon so that he can get a free set up. Moonlight is for self healing, but i'm considering wish for team support and now that hail teams come up more and more in UU, it decreases the potential of umbreon, due to gaining only 25% HP back. Payback is my primary STAB attack. After a few curses Payback will do sufficiant damage to things that even resist it, which is good.

Blastoise: The Rapid Spinner/Toxic Staller

Moves:
Rapid Spin
Toxic
Protect
Surf

EV Spread:
252 HP
252 Def
4 SpA

Nature:
Bold

Item: Leftovers

The main reason i decided to run Blastoise is so my Physical Sweeper (Scyther) Doesn't get absolutely raped by stealth rocks. Toxic is a handy dandy move and coupled with protect and leftovers can be quite deadly. Of course i have to have an attacking move somewhere on here, so i went with surf. Reliable, powerful, and STAB'd. Very importent member of the team. I usually bring him out before Scyther (If stealth rocks are in play.)

Arcanine: The Fire Attack absorber/Pseudo Hazer/Revenge Killer

Moves:
Flare Blitz
Morning Sun
ExtremeSpeed
Roar

Item: Life Orb

Nature: Adamant

EV Spread:
252 Atk
252 Spe
4 HP

Ability: Flash Fire

Flare Blitz is my main attacking move. Incredibly powerful Base power coming off of a great Attack Stat boosted by life orb. However the Recoil damage and life orb damage get's to you after a while, which is why i have Morning sun, to try and heal it off the best i can. Extreme Speed is incredibly useful and can revenge kill weakened pokemon. To be honest Roar is just a filler. True it does come in handy but i'm open to suggestions here.
Swellow: The one with Guts.

Item: Toxic Orb

Nature: Jolly

Ability: Guts

EV Spread:
252 Atk
252 SpE
4 SpD

Moves:
Facade
Brave Bird
Quick Attack
U-Turn

Facade is a no brainer, receiving a boost from the Toxic Orb and STAB it's incredibly powerful. Brave Bird hits what facade doesn't, quick attack finishes foes off that are faster then me, and U-Turn can come in handy to make a retreat.

Anyways thanks in advance for the critisism, let me know what changes i should make. Thank you all.

You're pretty weak to offensive Rock types, in particular, Aggron. It can set up Rock Polish on Umbreon and Swellow and proceed to outspeed everything on your team and dismantle it with Head Smash. Raikou also can give you the blues, its Thunderbolt hurts quite a few team members, and you lack an Electric resist.

To deal with these threats, try Donphan over Blastoise. You get the spin support you need, plus Aggron and Raikou won't OHKO Donphan with Aqua Tail / HP Ice | Grass, whilst you OHKO them with Earthquake.

Move the spare 4 EVs on Scyther from HP to Defense. This may sound weird, but if your spinner goes down before rocks are spun away, Scyther can then switch into Stealth Rock twice without dying. Arcanine could use some changes. Use Intimidate over Flash Fire. Flash Fire is a good ability, but Intimidate is so much better, as it keeps Arcanine alive for longer and it lets it switch into physical Pokemon much more easily. You should also run HP Grass over Roar. It won't likely OHKO most Water types, but it weakens them to the point where Extremespeed will finish them off. With HP Grass, change Arcanine's nature to Naughty, and move the remaining 4 EVs to Special Attack.

Good luck with your team.

Nice, very similar to my team, just a few differences.I also use a physical sweeping scyther(as my lead tho!), a phys sweeping arcanine, a tanking blastoise and a stalling umbreon but with these changes.

Arcanine- Switch flash fire to intimidate for the reasons listed above^.same nature and EVs, but with a different moveset.Try this out; Flare Blitz, Howl, Thunder Fang, Iron Head.This set allows you boost your attack wit howl, before sweeping with good coverage moves.You could also keep Extremespeed if you want over Thunder Fang/Iron Head, or swap howl with agility if you wanna be that much quicker, but keep the coverage.

For Blastoise my only change would be swapping protect for counter/mirror coat/ice beam, but whatever your pref.

I like my scyther which is very similar to yours only brick break is replaced with pursuit,and bug bite with reversal(mine holds a focus sash!) but again yours works well.

As for umbreon, it can be used so many different ways!mine knows; wish, mean look, toxic, and yawn. not as offensive as yours but i find this set works well.wish to heal, mean look to trap 'em, toxic to slowly kill them while i keep wishin, and yawn incase i come up a steel(which i cannot hit with toxic) so i can counter to arcanine and set up.As for EVs, like i said, mines a bit more defence minded, so 252 hp, 129 def, 129 sp. def. yawn is also useful for hazing any one trying to set up.

BTW, this is my first post EVER, so be gentle!!!
Its only my opinion!!!

Your team looks quite good to me at the first glance. However, I think there could be a few alterations that could serve to improve it.
First of all I also have to say that your team has a huge Rock weakness. If your Blastoise is weakened (which will happen without reliable recovery) or even dies, Stealth rock and fast Rock attacks completely ruin your team. But to solve this problem you'd probably have to reorganize the team completely and I won't suggest that here.
Second, I think you should change your arcanine set. you should either drop Roar and maybe also Morning sun to play it offensively or you should give it more bulk and Intimidate (I would suggest the latter).
Additionally i would drop Mean Look on umbreon. Umbreon will mostly get its chance to set up late game when Phazers and strong fighting attackers are gone and in those cases it won't need mean look. I would go with one of the options in the analysis.
On Lead Uxies i usually prefer the DualScreen or the Trick set but your set is also viable i guess. You should however think about replacing thunderbolt, but if you feel you need it for waters it's fine.

So you should hope not to run into Rock Polish Aggron and have fun with your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)