[AAA] Mandibuzz

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem

Long time I don't write an analysis, please sorry for any dumb mistakes.
Overview
########
  • Whopping defensive stats (110 / 105 / 95) giving Mandibuzz all around good defensive stats, unlike most defensive threats, which only have the option to focus EVs on Defense or Special Defense.
  • Great defensive typing, assuming Delta Stream, you will have only one weakness to Fairy-type, walling a great majority of the metagame.
  • Good Speed stat for a defensive Pokemon, but slow enough to make use of U-turn + Regenerator, bringing frail Pokemon safely while recovering all HP by Stealth Rock.
  • Grants hazard removal with Defog.
  • Poison Heal brings incredible recovery to Mandibuzz, saving it from a good of 2HKOs, while giving it immunity to status. With 2 turn of poison heal recovery, all HP lost by Stealth Rock is recovered.
  • Whirlwind and Foul Play makes it quite difficult for Mandibuzz turning on a set up fodder.
  • Access to the best attacking move in the game, Knock Off, heavily mitigating the effectiviness of many Pokemon in the metagame, such as Doublade.
  • Lacks offensive pressure in a metagame where a great number of Pokemon have it.
  • Rarely a Trainer can afford to run both Foul Play and Knock Off. Knock Off deals with other Poison Heal Pokemon, while Foul Play is just powerful in this metagame, and finishes most physical sweepers.
  • As a Defoger, being weak to Stealth Rock leaves Mandibuzz as a not so wanted choice of hazard removal, unlike Skarmory. Pokemon hit too hard in here, and having to switch in on Stealth Rock pretty much everytime, doesn't make things very easy for Mandibuzz.

Poisonous Burd
########
name: Poisonous Burd
move 1: Roost
move 2: Foul Play / Knock Off
move 3: Taunt / Whirlwind / Brave Bird
move 4: Defog / Toxic
ability: Poison Heal
item: Toxic Orb
evs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 46 Speed
nature: Bold / Impish

Moves
========

• Roost is obligatory recovery move in any Mandibuzz set, and you must have it and make good use of it to keep walling Pokemon that can only 3HKO Mandibuzz.
  • Foul Play is the most optimal choice for Mandibuzz in this set, especially on a physical defensive one; with it, you are granted to beat a good number of physical attackers in the metagame. Knock Off is another fantastic option, and a good way to cripple special attackers.
  • Taunt is the prefered option due to its several uses, including negating boosting and recovery, allowing Mandibuzz to slowly taking down its foes. Whirlwind is a good option if you are running Knock Off; this way, you still force out physical sweepers. Brave Bird is an odd option if you are desesperate for a way to beat Chesnaught and check Heracross.
  • Defog removes hazard from both fields, benefiting her teammates and herself from the absence of Stealth Rock. Toxic is a way to slowly beat several walls or special attackers that takes little damage from any of Mandibuzz attacking moves, such as Cresselia. Toxic is a less optimal choice, however, because of the omnipresence of Poison Heal within the walls of this metagame.

Set Details
========

• Defense EVs are focused for a set using Foul Play, to take physical attackers better. 248 HP is a Stealth Rock number, and 46 Speed allows Mandibuzz to outspeed uninvested Suicune, Taunt it, and eventually winning with Knock Off. It can also outspeed Cresselia with these EVs. If you are not interested in outspeeding these two mons use a 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD spread. A more specially based spread is equally viable, such as 248 HP / 216 SpD / 46 Speed with a boosting nature. A balanced spread for both defenses is not good; Pokemon just hit too hard in AAA, and balanced EV spreads will just leave you unable to switch in on anything important
  • Bold nature is supposed to be used alongside with Foul Play, while Impish, along Knock Off. 0 IVs in attack could also be exploited to maximize Foul Play power.

Usage Tips
========

• Pokemon that Mandibuzz can easily switch in on with my suggested spread include Aegislash, Doublade, Skarmory, Snorlax, Mega Metagross, non band Genesect, Suicune and Mega Gyarados, to mention a few, while later being able to KO / force out these Pokemon.
  • Mandibuzz can absorb Knock Off after adquiring its status; Knock Off won't do jack to Mandi, so feel free to do so.
  • Taunt and Defog shuts down any chances of setting up again, while Taunt and Toxic beats defensive mons without Poison Heal.
  • If you can switch in on the turn the opponent sets up Stealth Rock, Mandibuzz will be able to avoid several 2HKOs later on the match.
  • Try the best you can to switch in on minimally threatening attacks, so you can start to wear down the opposing team.
  • Also feel free to absorb any form of status thrown at your team, as long as you are already poisoned.

Team Options
========

• Balanced teams appreciate Mandibuzz ease on dealing with set up sweepers.
  • Stall teams also like Mandibuzz hazard removal packed with Knock Off and Taunt.
  • If not using Defog, always pair Mandibuzz with a Pokemon that can remove hazards, such as Mew.
  • Special walls are Mandibuzz best friends. Chansey is a great canditate. Even a specially defensive spread has difficulties switching in on some powerful attacks.
  • If Mandibuzz is using Knock Off, Mandibuzz would be better paired with a Pokemon that set up Stealth Rock several times and outlast it, such as Deoxys-D and Ferrothorn.

Checks & Counters
########

** Fairy-types **: They are the ultimate counter to Mandibuzz, countering every single of its attacks and inflincting hard damage on the bird. Things that come to mind include Mega-Diancie and Mega-Altaria, especially the former, which can't be affected by either Whirlwind or Toxic.
** Taunt **: Mandibuzz nightmare. Disallows its recovery and Defog, allowing some Pokemon to easily beat Mandibuzz.
** Lucario **: Due to its typing Lucario can use Mandibuzz as set up fodder if lacking Whirlwind or Foul Play. Special Lucario doesn't even fear Foul Play.

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
I will add OO later, as I add more sets. I am finding it quite hard to pull of a Delta Stream set. Mandibuzz is desesperate to grab that Poison Heal recovery and avoid 2HKOs. Suggestions are very welcome.

Did unfixable or an OM analyses mod approve this?

This is a good analysis though. Maybe mention -atespeed in Check and Counters? Mandibuzz is weak to 2/3 of them and doesn't resist the last one.

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
Did unfixable or an OM analyses mod approve this?

This is a good analysis though. Maybe mention -atespeed in Check and Counters? Mandibuzz is weak to 2/3 of them and doesn't resist the last one.
Thanks. Uh I kinda asked for approval on Monday, and I got a like from kl4ng. I waited a while and I interpreted that as a go for it after not getting answers whatsoever. Also, OP of reservations thread stated that QC may approve analysis. Tho, I'm deleting this immediately if a mod asks me, cus after thinking About it, I would say I'm in fault here.
Thanks for the tip and the compliment, I didn't even finish it, but I hope it gets better when I do. Adding Pixilate and Refrigerate Extreme Speed later.

Thanks. Uh I kinda asked for approval on Monday, and I got a like from kl4ng. I waited a while and I interpreted that as a go for it after not getting answers whatsoever. Also, OP of reservations thread stated that QC may approve analysis. Tho, I'm deleting this immediately if a mod asks me, cus after thinking About it, I would say I'm in fault here.
Thanks for the tip and the compliment, I didn't even finish it, but I hope it gets better when I do. Adding Pixilate and Refrigerate Extreme Speed later.
By approve, I think it meant QC checks, as in you need to have three "checks" in Quality Control (QC) make sure the analysis is good and high quality.

Please don't delete it though, save it in Word/Google Docs or something!

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
Deleting this cus I saved it in Word already and mods have been pretty clear and emphatic on not posting w/o approval in the OP thread, so RIP (for now).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)