Abilities are good for nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this? Gengar's only selectable 'ability' or whatever it is, is Levitate. Being only a first generation Pokemon player, I had no idea what this was, so while building my team opened the Pokemon wikia to work out what suitable 'abilities' and 'natures' to use for each.

I've highlighted my problem here in red.

Pokemon Wikia says Levitate prevents any and all Ground-type attacks from hitting, yet here Steelix hit 'Rick Astley' (don't ask) with a Ground-type attack that was "Super Effective!"

So naturally I attempted to continue playing with the intention of uploading this later, but found it just doesn't have the appeal or the feel of a regular, face-to-face Comm lead based game. I mainly tried it because I wanted to form that team of Pokemon I never got the chance to in the real game.

Also, when a trainer is about to put out another pokemon, aren't you supposed to be prompted about whether you want to switch? Found that pretty annoying.

Rick Astley used Gravity, which grounds all flying/levitate pokemon. That's why Gengar was able to be hit by a ground move.

Here's part of the description of the move Gravity :
For 5 turns after this move is used, immunity to Ground-type attacks, as well as immunity to Arena Trap, Toxic Spikes, and Spikes as a result of the Flying type, the Levitate ability, or Magnet Rise, is nullified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)