Absol-utely Mega, A Gen 6 OU team Current Peak 1593

Rate this team out of 5

• Total voters
Team Building Process:

This team came about through me wanting to utilize my favourite Pokemon,and a pretty under-rated threat, Absol/ Mega Absol. Through its brilliant stats (if a little frail) and it's ability Mega Absol functions as a check to hazard setters and also as a late game cleaner, and to an extent wall breaker.

Due to Absol's Dark typing and frail nature, it will be targeted by the huge amount of Fighting types, along with Fairies that can easily OHKO it, so I next needed a partner to resist those 2 types, and be able threaten them in it's own right. The search for this Pokemon didn't take long at all, the ever common Aegislash.

With Absol's weaknesses covered, the next job was to cover Aegislash, and start adding some support to the team. I was looking for something bulky, but again could threaten opposing Pokemon in itself. With it's access to Defog, and Healing Wish, and the ability to resist/be immune to the common Fire and Ground attacks in OU I decided the next member of the team will be Latias.

Now that the spine of the team has came together, the next step was to look for some more defensive Pokemon, preferably able to spread some Status and Hazards that the team currently lack. Between the 2 I chose there was brilliant synergy in the Typing, and cover's some of the weaknesses not covered through the first 3 Pokemon. I settled for Togekiss and Heatran for these roles, Togekiss being my Physical Wall, and almost counter to Garchomp, while Heatran goes into it's familiar Specially Defensive Hazard setter role.

Only one space remaining on the team, and I only have 2 Pokemon with genuine offensive Presence, I needed another Pokemon to provide some much needed damage. I wanted to hit from the special side of things here and needed some more speed, as other than Latias and Absol, there wasn't much in the way of pace. My eyes settled on Greninja, being one of the fastest Pokemon introduced in Gen 6, and has very interesting, and powerful Ability, Protean, this gives me STAB on which ever attack I use, and Greninja gets great coverage, including Hidden Power.

After a month or so of testing a variety of different options on the team, I found that Latias wasn't really adding much to the team at all. In a similar sense Togekiss wasn't working as expected, however it's typing was essential for the defensive synergy of the team. In deciding to replace Latias, I changed Togekiss into the teams offensive defogger, utilising a Scarf variant. Now that I needed a physical wall, there was on only one that really stood out, and I haven't looked back since, Quagsire.
Now onto the in depth look at the team!!

Absol @ Absolite

Ability: Justified (Magic Bounce)

Nature: Naive (Spe+/SpD-)

EVs: 252 Atk/40 SpA/216 Spe
-Sucker Punch
-Knock Off
-Superpower
-Fire Blast

Absol here is the reason the team was built. It has two main functions on the team, first of which is to be a wall breaker and late game cleaner. In it's mega form all of it's offensive stats recieved a really nice boost, especially it's speed that has always been a little lacking. With it now sitting on 115 base speed, with 150 Attack and 115 Special Attack it can punch some holes in the opposing team, out speeding a decent portion. Sucker Punch and Knock Off are both fantastic STAB moves, each offering god utility, Sucker Punch being one the most powerful priority moves in the game, and Knock Off removes the item off of its target, and hits for around 142 base power. Superpower offers good coverage alongside the STAB moves, and hits Steels, Dark, Normal, Rock and Ice types for super effective damage. Fire Blast is to hit the likes of Ferrathorn and Scizor for higher damage, and is a good mixed option. It's other function is to reflect Status and Hazards back onto the opponent. Unlike other Magic Bounce users, Absol isn't weak to Dark or Ghost, the problem that plagued the Psychic type users. The EVs of the set are self explanatory, 216 Speed to outspeed the base 108 Pokemon in the tier, 252 Attack for maximum Physical damage, and the leftover 40 in Special Attack allow it to grab some 2HKOs and OHKOs that it couldn't with little investment such as Skarmory for example.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy

Ability: Stance Change

Nature: Brave (Atk+/Spe-)

EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD
-Shadow Sneak
-Iron Head
-Sacred Sword
-Kings Shield

Aegislash is one of the key member's of the team. It cover's all of Absol's weaknesses to give it plenty of opportunities to switch in. From there it threatens the opponent using its 150 base attack when in Blade form. The common variant for Aegislash is the mixed attacker, however that didn't fit the need of my team, and I feel wastes some coverage that it will appreciate. Shadow Sneak is a good STAB move, giving it some priority to nick a KO, or sometimes outright threathen some frailer Pokemon. Iron Head is the secondary STAB, almost exclusively used on Fairy's. Sacred Sword adds good coverage, hitting most of what resists the first 2 attacks. King's Shield does what it does, it is unlikely to see an Aegislash without it. Weakness Policy allows me to gain a +2 without having to use a slot for Swords Dance, and in Shield form, I can tank a few super effective hits to gain the boost. The best part of this is that Knock Off activates it before the item gets removed.

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Serene Grace

Nature: Modest

EVs: 8 HP/252 Sp.A/248 Spe

-Air Slash

-Dazzling Gleam

-Flamethrower

-Defog

Previously Togekiss functioned as the team's Physical wall, the set can be viewed lower down the analysis. With Latias moving on Togekiss moved into the role of offensive Defogger. Due to it's typing it gets plently of opportunity to switch in, capitalizing on it's immunities to Dragon and Ground. It's main function is to remove hazards, fast. Once any hazards are off of my side it reverts into a revenge killer, and a back up late game cleaner. This type of Togekiss does suffer from FMSS however I feel I have found the best combinations for coverage. Air Slash is the main STAB, while sharing Fighting coverage with Dazzling Gleam, it also gives me an option for Mega Venusaur. Dazzling Gleam is the second STAB, hitting Dragon, Fighting and Dark. Flamethrower was chosen as the last move, primarily for Ferrathorn and Scizor, I am considering Aura Sphere in one of these slots if there are any Pokemon I can KO that I currently struggle to, maybe Bisharp. The EVs and nature maximise my damage output, 8 HP EVs give me a Stealth Rock number, letting me switch in a maximum of 4 times, the 248 go into speed, after Scarf I hit 387. The EVs could be optimised, I would appreciate some help figuring out important Pokemon to out speed.

Heatran @ Leftovers

Ability: Flash Fire

Nature: Calm

EVs: 252 HP/4 SpA/252 SpD

-Lava Plume

-Stealth Rock

-Roar

-Toxic/Protect

Heatran is the Special Wall for the team, Rocks setter and another Status spreader, adding Toxic poison to the team. Heatran is my usual choice in the lead slot, to either set Rocks or Toxic an opponent early game. From there I use the free switch ins on predicted Fire Attacks and my Ground immunity, thanks to Air Balloon. Roar shuffles the opposing team, racking up Rocks damage and switching any potential threats to Heatran out. Lava Plume is used for STAB and allows the chance to Burn any Physical attackers. The EVs and Nature are standard for Specially Defensive Heatran.

Quagsire @ Leftovers

Ability: Unaware

Nature: Bold

EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.A

-Scald

-Haze

-Toxic

-Recover

Quagsire is the new addition on the team, replacing Togekiss as the Physical wall, and I must say it was a good change. Thanks to it's natural bulk and it's ability, my team now has the ability to check more set up sweepers than before, and I now have a hard check/counter on Charizard X. The set is self explanitory, as it is standard I believe. Scald is the attack of choice, hitting fairly decently with 80 base power, while spreading Burn, further enhancing the walling capabilities Quagsire has. Haze is maybe the odd move here, it resets all stat changes, meaning if Quagsire does somehow faint, the next Pokemon in doesn't have to face a set up opponent. It also removes any changes on itself which is quite nice. Toxic adds more status and helps Quagsire win Stall wars if need be. Recover well recovers me. The EVs and nature give maximum Physical bulk, with the leftover 4 going into Special Attack to give a tiny boost Scald.

Greninja @ Life Orb

Ability: Protean

Nature: Timid

EVs:4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe

-Scald

-Ice Beam

-Hidden Power Grass

-U-turn/Extrasensory/Dark Pulse

Greninja is the final member of the team, operating as the main Special Attacker, and thanks to Protean gains STAB on all it's attacks, making it a lot more powerful than a Standard special attacker. The EVs and Nature are standard for Greninja giving it maximum speed and power, with the leftover 4 going into defence. Scald is selected as the Water move of choice, having the option of a Burn over Surf, and better accuracy than Hydro Pump. Ice Beam is chosen to hit the ever present Dragon's and Ground types in OU, hitting some of them for x4 damage. Hidden Power Grass is the third attack, hitting opposing Water Types, key examples being Rotom-W and Quagsire. The final slot is currently undecided, with U-Turn currently first choice, for scouting and momentum purposes, Extrasensory can be used against Fighting Types, though they commonly have Assault Vest attached in the current Meta, Finally Dark Pulse is considered as an option for Aegislash and any other Ghost types in the tier.
Previous sets/Team members:

Latias @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

Nature: Timid

EVs: 252 HP/4 SpA/252 Spe

-Draco Meteor

-Psyshock

-Healing Wish

-Defog

Latias is the teams Bulky supporter if you will, offering a vital anti-hazard set up with Defog, and also giving a team mate a second chance to sweep through Healing Wish. The other attacks are there for STAB, Draco Meteor, even with little investment, can still OHKO some dragons, whilst Psyshock is mainly for Assault Vest Conkeldurr and Mega Venusaur. Latias gets a lot of opportunities to switch in, similar to Aegislash, as it covers the Fighting weakness of Absol, is immune to Ground that threatens Aegislash and Heatran, resists Fire and Electric that can hit Aegislash and Togekiss respectively. Through these free switches it can usually remove any hazards affecting my team, and can add some offensive pressure on the opponent. While helpful to the team, Latias is one of the Pokemon more at risk to change, as I am tempted to try Latios as an offensive Defogger.

Togekiss @ Leftovers

Nature: Bold

EVs: 248 HP/224 Def/4 SpA/16 SpD/16 Spe

-Air Slash

-Dazzling Gleam

-Roost
-Thunder Wave

Togekiss is the team's Physical Wall and a status spreader through the use of Thunder Wave. The main reason I chose Togekiss for the role is it's ability to counter most Garchomp sets, giving it a lot of opportunity to switch in. The EVs for this set may look a bit strange, but I will explain them now, the 248 HP allows it to switch into Rocks 5 times instead of 4, 224 Def with Bold nature gives it 310 defence, which allows it to take a large portion of physical hits. The 16 SpD EVs give it a little more overall bulk, it gives it some survivability against some unboosted special attacks, and non STAB super effective attacks. 16 Speed allows it to speed creep over over uninvested base 80's whilst the last 4 go into SpA to add a little boost to the STAB attacks. Thunder Wave and Air Slash form the Paraflinch set that Togekiss became notorious for in the past, Dazzling Gleam hits Dark, Dragon and Fighting super effectively, and Roost is for healing.
So that is the team in full, any help will be greatly appreciated. The team has managed to peak at around 1593 on the OU ladder, and I feel it has the potential to get even higher with a few edits and additions. With the changes I have made it has managed to peak at 1671, which marks a nice improvement over the previous version. Finally here is the importable of both versions of the team if anyone wants to give the team a try:
Current Version Importable:

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SAtk / 216 Spd
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SAtk / 248 Spd
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Dazzling Gleam
- Defog

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- U-turn

Version 1 Importable:

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 4 SAtk / 16 SDef / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- U-turn

Last edited:
My eyes hurt so much from trying to read with those colors, please, just make all the text black.

Anyways, Hidden Power Electric looks good on paper but it really doesn't help at all, as nothing common in the meta minus Keldeo is going to take it any worse than Greninja's other moves, and HP Grass is just downright superior because it 2hko's all forms of Rotom-W as well as 2hko's Keldeo.

Healing wish is useless on Latias especially on this team, you don't even have a single Pokemon that sets up. Remove Healing Wish for Recover, also keep in mind that Latias is your only reliable way to deal with Rotom-W. Air Balloon makes no sense on a bulky Heatran. Finally, please add more details as to why your Togekiss has a weird EV set, your description as to why is super vague, please explain what SPECIFIC Pokemon you want your Togekiss to take hits from.

I will sort out the colouring of the text, the intention was for it to represent the typing of the pokemon, but if it is a hinderance for reading ill sort it when I'm next on my computer.

I will give a test of Hidden Power Grass or Grass Knot over Hidden Power Electric, so far it has proved useful for hitting Gyrados, but that has been the only function so far.

I beg to differ on Healing Wish being useless. As I don't have a cleric on my team a well time healing wish on a Toxiced Togekiss or Paralyzed Greninja can change a game in my favour. I will consider other options over it to help my team though. I also feel that Absol handles Rotom quite eeasily. But Latias does end up being my second answer to it.

Completely agree with you on Heatran, I was thinking of having free turns for rocks/status, but leftovers would work much better, so that is something I will change straight away.

Finally on Togekiss, the reasoning for the speed was as mentioned to outspeed other base 80's that run low speed, this includes other paraflinch Togekiss, so I would always outspeed under paralysis, the Special Attack and Defense was mainly filler, but it hasn't hindered its walking ability for me so far. The HP was explained as best it can, surviving an extra switch to rocks is always beneficial.

Hopefully I have managed to answer all of your points, and thank you for the advice and comments

One thing I have noticed is that you lack of Physical Attackers, and you will get walled by a Special Wall if both of your Physical Attackers die. I would recommend you get rid of Latias and adding Lando-T because a Specs Magnezone could sweep your team with Thunderbolt if Heatran and Aegi are at low health. Also, I would suggest Play Rough over Knock Off because this gives you more coverage against Fighting types.

That's pretty much it. If you don't like or agree with my suggestions, that is OK because I have been battling competitively for only a short while now.

I haven't encountered a Magnezone yet with this team, but if it does prove an issue I'll give Landorus a try, what set would you recommend for it? Also will it be able to offer the same hazard removal that Latias can?

Play Rough would be a good option, however it is illegal with Superpower (and Knock Off but that's the attack you said to replace), also Knock Off is an incredible attack in the current Meta, as mentioned in my analysis, it hits at around 142 base power after STAB and if the opponent is holding an item.

Thank you for the suggestions :)

The Landorus set, unfortunately, cannot get rid of hazards. Here is the set that I would recommend:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

I also have a Mega-Absol set that has done me wonders:
Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Fire Blast
- Play Rough

It does pretty much the same thing as yours, it just kills (I think) more efficiently.

Like I said in my previous post, you don't have to take my suggestions to heart.

I'll certainly look into trying Landorus, it does seem to fit in with the team nicely.

The thing is with (Mega) Absol I find that Swords Dance is ineffective in the current meta, it's just too frail to pull it off often. However that being said, Play Rough is a good move, I just wish it was legal with Knock Off or Superpower.

A more general point now, I have found that I have a pretty big weakness to Infernape at the moment. Any suggestions on how to deal with it more efficiently?

My Absol set works best as a counter lead against hazard setters, such as Smeargle and Forretress. Lando-T could "counter" Infernape by out speeding it and killing it with EQ.

Btw, what is your PS user? Mine is Fr33dom (same as on here). Would you like to battle sometime?

Last edited:
The Alt I'm currently using is DorianVGC I'll be up for a battle sometime yeah. As I said I'll give Lando a try at some point

TheManlyLadybug

Banned deucer.
Hey there! Interesting team, I like that it's built around Mega Absol, an underrated threat in the current metagame. However, I see some weaknesses. This team is incredibly weak to Mega Gyarados, whom I just got destroyed by not more than 10 minutes ago. Latias seems like the most changeable Pokemon, so I suggest replacing Latias with Trevenant. This allows you to still cover your weakness to Fighting-types, while giving your team a physical wall, something it desperately needs.

name: Status Absorber
move 1: Horn Leech / Wood Hammer
move 2: Rock Slide / Earthquake
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Rest
ability: Harvest
item: Lum Berry
evs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
nature: Impish

Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers, RestLum with Harvest allows for full recovery almost anytime. Rock Slide hits Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, etc. on the switch, Grass STAB allows Trevenant to take down Mega Gyarados and other Grass-weak Pokemon.

The moveset description sucked, but you get the basic idea. You don't really miss Defog, as only Togekiss is really affected by Stealth Rock, Mega Venusaur and Conkeldurr can be stalled anyway by Trevenant or other members of the team.

I really like the Greninja set, it seems unusual, but really works in practice.

For Aegislash, if you're running Weakness Policy, you might want to consider replacing King's Shield with Autotomize, as Autotomize doesn't activate Blade Form anyway, so you would be in Shield Form getting +2 Speed along with a possible +2 in Attack, and you're ready to go. Of course you might be thinking that it falls to priority, but remember, Aegislash has priority too, TO TAKE DOWN ALL THE TALONFLAMES MWAHAHAHA.

Well anyway, to sum it up:
Latias--->Trevenant
King's Shield--->Autotomize

Feel free to test out the changes and see what works. Hope I helped, and good luck with the team!

Autotomize is a very interesting idea, I never considered using Aegislash in such a way that is definitely worth a test!

It seems that the opinion is that Latias doesn't really fit, so I will test out your Trevanent set and the previously suggested Landorus -T

Thanks for the suggestions

With testing on a new Alt I managed a win/loss ratio of 16/4 taking my rating from 1000 to 1342 in that time. I tested out the suggestions in equal number of battles and found that Latias and Landorus work in that slot on the team, it seems more dependant on the opposing team than my team itself.

Trevenant wasn't too helpful, far to frail at times, and slowed the team down a little too much. Finally Autotomize on Aegislash worked as a gimmick in the end, King's Shield was nearly always more effective.

Another point I would like some help with is the EV spread on Absol, I'm looking to secure an OHKO on Mega-Mawile with Fire Blast but I'm unsure on the SpA EVs needed to do so, and where to move them from

Here's a pretty solid build for Absol I was using on OU for a while. Managed to get my rating 1700+, but maxed out there.

Absol @ Absolite
Nature: Naïve
EVs: 160 Atk, 96 SpAtk, 252Spe
Ability: Justified/Magic Bounce
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
I've been thinking about a set like this for a while, and finally had a chance to try it out on showdown. It's doing surprisingly well, and I may even make it my main set instead of the Swords Dance Absol. Here's what it does:
- bounces back hazards
- OHKOs or 2HKOs nearly every hazard setter in OU
- capitalizes on predicted switches with knock off
- 2HKOs a fair portion of the OU meta on the switch in
- functions as a deceptive lure for Landorus-T, Ferrothorn, Dragonite, Salamence and Gliscor, as well as many others
This set is all about forcing switches. It's best to m-evolve early either by revenge killing with Sucker Punch or killing a weakened pokemon with Knock Off. Aftewards, Knock Off can be used on the switch and followed with the appropriate coverage move. The 96 Sp Atk EVs are there to ensure a OHKO on Gliscor, Garchomp, and Landorus-T with Ice Beam. 252 Spe is used to outrun Garchomp, Talonflame, and M-Pinsir to hit them with Ice Beam/Sucker Punch after rocks.
It's a great lure and can kill a lot of things. Excellent wallbreaker, and fairly solid late game cleaner with knock off/sucker punch.

Does it miss out on any important KOs by dropping the Atk down by that much?

It does look very good, will you be able to show me some damage calcs to show its effectiveness?

I don't believe it misses out on anything important. Absol cannot kill many pokemon with Knock Off/Sucker Punch anyways. 376 > 399 Attack stat isn't much of a sacrifice. And that boosts to SpA just enough to guarantee some important KOs. Here are some calcs:

96 SpA Mega Absol Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 404-476 (114.1 - 134.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
96 SpA Mega Absol Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Landorus-T: 384-452 (100.5 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
96 SpA Mega Absol Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 364-432 (101.6 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

96 SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 340-404 (96.5 - 114.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
96 SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 260-308 (77.8 - 92.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
96 SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Mawile: 204-240 (67.1 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It won't be OHKOing Mega Mawile anytime soon, but requires far too much SpA to do so. The beauty of this Absol is that you can force a switch, go for knock off, follow with the appropriate attack, and kill most pokemon in the game. The key is to force switches though. He can also be used as a revenge killer and anti-hazard wallbreaker. He handles pretty much every defensive hazard setter in OU. And is capable of OHKOing.

Pick coverage moves your team needs though. I would only recommend 96 SpA and Ice Beam if you're having trouble with Lando and the dragon friends. They give my team hell, which is why it worked so well for me.

Being able to kill Landorus-T, Garchomp, Salamence, and all those 4 x weak dragons makes you feel so good though. Not even Play Rough is capable of OHKOing them with an Adamant nature.

I'll definitely give it a test, do you find the lack of superpower is noticeable sometimes, for example against T-Tar?

I have updated in analysis with the changes I have made after testing, managing to peak the team in the higher 1600's

Replaced Latias with Quagsire, now acting as the team's Physical wall, Togekiss is still on the team, now running a choice scarf set, and functioning as my defogger in addition to that.

Last edited:
I have updated in analysis with the changes I have made after testing, managing to peak the team in the higher 1600's

Replaced Latias with Quagsire, now acting as the team's Physical wall, Togekiss is still on the team, now running a choice scarf set, and functioning as my defogger in addition to that.
Choice scarf Togekiss isn't very good due to the current meta, Aegislash walls you, (you need a defogger so you can't even run trick) Scizor kills you before you can reliably do anything Deoxys-S still outspeeds you and IMO you having a Thundurus(-I) weak scarfer who will just threaten you with T-Wave or just flat out kill you, and the fact that you need to use a non-trick supportive move on a choiced set is the nail in the coffin. I believe you should be good without a scarfer, thanks to Mega Absol and Aegislash. (who Btw should be mixed because Landorus-T, Gliscor, and Skarmory and doing damage on switch ins are more important Pokemon to kill than Sylveon lol) should be changed to a specially defensive Togekiss, so you are able to reliably heal, Defog and all that stuff and basically not be useless or even worse set up fodder to mega TTar and things like that. T-Wave, Air Slash, Roost, and Defog.

Also there is a typo on Heatran's EV's it says you have 4 sp.D instead of 252.

I've fixed the typo on heatran.

I feel on this team Aegislash is fine as pure Physical, the reason being Gliscor, Landorus,Skarmory etc are dealt with through Greninja and Absol. Aegislash is meant to be my other physical threat, though that being said I will be willing to try mixed.

I do understand your point on Togekiss, though it is functioning better than you seem to think it can. While it can be set up fodder as you have stated, more often than not Tyranitar is dealt with before Togekiss comes in. Aegislash is dealt with through Flamethrower, though I accept it is not a favourable match up. Scizor in my experience tends to over predict on a Togekiss usually granting a KO but again I do understand. I will.consider changing the set to a specially defensive variant. If I do make that change should I try a more offensive Heatran, or should I stick with 2 special walls?

Thank you for your rate and suggestions

Most certainly! Offensive Tran imo fits your team better, as it allows you to have a good check to Bisharp, Skarm, and most importantly Zard Y while being able to preserve offensive momentum and getting Absol to sweep, it also is a good check to Lati@s as well incase something happens to Togekiss.

Set(s):
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Ancient Power

Also because I forgot Togekiss:
Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Defog

I will give these sets a test later and let you know how they perform. One question on Heatran, is there a need for timid on it, or us modest the ideal nature?

I will give these sets a test later and let you know how they perform. One question on Heatran, is there a need for timid on it, or us modest the ideal nature?
Heatran outspeeds Bisharp and Mega Venusaur with just those EV's so you're fine. Timid literally does nothing to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)