Account Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I was directed here after some googling. I was wondering if it was possible if someone could reset my password for Pokemon Showdown? The account name is the same as I have now. I'm in a tournament for a forum and can't seem to get in. I typed the password but apparently it is wrong...

If anyone could help me recover a password or do a reset on my account, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Thank you for reading,

Jelmazmo

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Several users are reporting errors when they try to log in, so I suspect heavy load is the culprit. This will cause the server to reject your password even if it's correct, so try to log in again later and it should work.

I think the log in server is undergoing some issues right now, so any account issues you might be having will probably be solved soon. When I tried to log in it also told me my password was wrong and I just spam entered it until it worked. If you actually did forget the password and the server issues aren't the problem, the only people who can reset it are admins and I'm not sure what their policies are on password resets.

Edit: SirDonovan beat me to it

Hello and thank you for the prompt replies!

How long has the site been under the issues? I lost my password around yesterday morning. I don't get any odd issues other than "your password is incorrect".

How long has the site been under the issues? I lost my password around yesterday morning. I don't get any odd issues other than "your password is incorrect".
Server load issues can't really be accurately predicted, sure we know when the peak hours are but the only course of action you can take is to wait it out unfortunately. You can view pokemon showdown usage statistics here

Thank you for the link. I'll be sure to check it when it is relatively low and then try to log in.

Just in case because I suspect it is because I lost my password, may I still request a reset/password change from those in charge of the website? :)

Thank you for the link. I'll be sure to check it when it is relatively low and then try to log in.

Just in case because I suspect it is because I lost my password, may I still request a reset/password change from those in charge of the website? :)
wouldn't hurt but I'd advise not to bother the admins until its completely necessary, their usually busy working to make smogon/PS more amazing for us every second

Okay, I will wait a few days? If I cannot log in by then, what would be the best way to contact them? Through this thread or am I supposed to be doing something else entirely?

Thank you. :)

Okay, I will wait a few days? If I cannot log in by then, what would be the best way to contact them? Through this thread or am I supposed to be doing something else entirely?

Thank you. :)
Generally you'd need to wait a few hours for activity to change not a few days. Waiting a few days is too long, if you've been waiting a long time and that's the case I'd advise contacting a server admin as soon as one comes online

Okay, I don't believe the issue is due to server activity. I tried again several times over and it states the password or log in information is incorrect. I have contacted a Server Admin—and hope that I contacted said admin correctly—on the issue. I hope it can be easily resolved. :)

Thank you for being patient with me Ninety_Nine about what to do about the issue, I appreciate it! :D

Okay, I don't believe the issue is due to server activity. I tried again several times over and it states the password or log in information is incorrect. I have contacted a Server Admin—and hope that I contacted said admin correctly—on the issue. I hope it can be easily resolved. :)

Thank you for being patient with me Ninety_Nine about what to do about the issue, I appreciate it! :D
No probs :) if you have any other questions/concerns feel free to contact me or post here we're always happy to help

Rohep

Banned deucer.

"how long has the site been under the issues?"
it's a daily occurrence lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)