ORAS UU Acid Rain

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Acid Rain

Hello everyone! I am here to present (what I think to be) a cool Bulky Offense team featuring Mega Swampert and some underused threats in the UU meta. I noticed a lot of teams are pretty weak to Mega Swampert, as its best counters are fat Grasses and Suicune, the former of which are not very common, and the latter of which is not hard to take advantage of. Dragalge, in particular, handles both very well, and thus, I decided to build the team from this core.

Teambuilding Process

As mentioned before, the team started with a Mega Pert + Dragalge core. RD Pert is insane under Rain and is a huge threat even without it due to its immense bulk, typing, and power. Dragalge is here to handle Grasses that bother Pert and use them as Draco fodder or set up T-Spikes to make sweeping easier.

Rocks are a must so I immediately thought of Cobalion. His beautiful typing, speed, and bulk makes him an excellent choice on almost all builds. Cobalion provides an offensive check to Draco spam and can soften up bulky waters with SD + Close Combat to avoid any future Scald burns on Swampert (fuck Scald). I also get another wincon which is cool.

I wanted another Suicune check, and physical Waters looked scary as hell. Speed was also lacking, so Whimsicott was an obvious choice. Whims is such a great mon for Offense to blanket check so many set up sweepers in conjunction with nice typing and great speed to revenge kill many threats.

I noticed Reuniclus was a massive threat, and Cress was annoying to break due to immunity to T-Spikes. Fighting types, particularly ScarfShao and Cobalion, were hard to deal with, so I decided to try out Hoopa. Hoopa's Ghost typing makes choiced Fighting types think twice before clicking their STAB, and it counters non S-Ball Reuniclus + dents Cress really really hard. Normal immunity also is nifty for Lax and PZ. Hoopa also can clean late game or mid game vs offense teams since it finds many opportunities to get a free TR.

Drill Run Beedrill and Dragons were still scary, and I had 0 priority which is a huge no no for offense. EQ Aero and other Flying types were a pain to handle, especially Crobat. Enter Mamoswine, the most frustrating mon in UU to face. I hate it so much but it is huge blessing for Offense to check 1000 things with Ice Shard, Knock Off support, and powerful EQs.

A moment of silence for the other mons I tried on this team but did not keep. RIP. You will not be forgotten.

The Team In-Depth

tfw no Hoopa icon

--------------------------------

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Mega Swampert is the heart and soul of the team. Anyone who plays UU knows how threatening this thing is under Rain. 99% of unboosted moves can't OHKO this besides Grass moves, which makes it easy to set up a Rain Dance every game. The set is fairly standard, with RD for set up, dual STABs that have hit extremely hard under Rain, and Ice Punch for floating Dragons + Grass types. The given EV spread lets you outspeed ScarfShao under Rain, which is the fastest relevant scarfer in UU. Something really cool about this team is that Hoopa can set up TR as a pseudo Rain Dance for Swampert late game if you are unable to set up Rain Dance. For example, if they have a Shaymin out, and all you have left if a Hoopa + Swampert, you can sack Hoopa to set up Trick Room and proceed to clean with Swampert.

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic Spikes
Dragalge is one of those criminally underused mons in UU. Its STABs, combined with a decent base SpA and Adaptability, make it impossible for any team to switch into that lacks a Snorlax or specially defensive Steel. It provides T-Spikes which is really useful for wearing down bulky teams and softening walls to facilitate a Swampert, Hoopa, or Cobalion sweep. Dragon Tail is so that Cune and Lax cannot use you as setup fodder and spreading poisons around. The idea is to switch Dragalge into a bulky Water or Grass, spike up if they don't have an Empoleon, and then spam D-Tail or Draco Meteor if they do not have a good switch in. Also, like Swampert, Dragalge has neat synergy with Hoopa since it becomes a horrifying wallbreaker under TR for teams that rely on faster Ground and Dragons to revenge kill it.

Also the speed outspeeds Relaxed Pert.

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Ah Cobalion. One of UU's most splashable mons. So much role compression in one slot. I get Rocks, a Knock Off switch in, Lucario check, Snorlax check, Beedrill check, Hydreigon check, and the list goes on. With Lum Berry, Cobalion is great for softening Suicune which everyone seems to throw at Cobalion (which is stupid. It only wins with Scald burns but oh well). I also have an easier time switching into P2 and Lax since I can eat one para and smack them with CC. Lum is also crucial for Sableye, which is a huge pain for my team due to no Will-O sponges. Not much else to say, this set is standard.

Hoopa @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
TR Hoopa is a nightmare for all builds lacking Pursuit. Even so, they can't switch in since Psyshock KOs Aero after Rocks and Focus Blast dumpsters Krook. Hoopa LOVES that Mandibuzz has vanished in usage recently (probably due to Zapdos being a better Defogger + Sableye serves as another Reuniclus check), so most teams have no switch ins to this. TR lets Hoopa turn the tables on Offense, and the mere presence of it makes things like ScarfShao a liability. The second it clicks HJK, I get a free Trick Room and proceed to go to down on the offensive team (unless they have Doublade). As mentioned before, TR also works even if Hoopa can't clean. Dragalge, Swampert, and Mamo all benefit from Trick Room, so Hoopa can sack itself late game if its team members needs the Trick Room to clean. Max Speed + Modest is chosen for max power, and you really don't want to be outsped by defensive mons and eat unnecessary Scalds, Moonblasts, and Foul Plays. Also, outspeeding Crawdaunt is huge because it can live an Aqua Jet and KO with Focus Blast or deal a nice 70% with Shadow Ball.
Against bulkier/balance builds, Hoopa usually takes down a crucial component of the opponents defensive backbone, such as Florges, Suicune, Swampert, Forry (which are all on literally every balance team these days). Speaking of Forry, it spinblocks that annoying bugger which is nice. It also spinblocks Tentas lacking Knock Off.

Whimsicott @ Yache Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Energy Ball
- U-turn
- Moonblast
Whimsicott serves as a catch-all check to all set up sweepers. People think twice before clicking Curse on Snorlax, Calm Mind on Suicune, Swords Dance on Cobalion, and so on. Fairy typing is also clutch to discourage Draco/Outrage spam and gives me a nice Fighting resist. Max Speed and SpA to hit as hard as possible and outspeed Azelf and tie other Whimsicotts. Encore + U-Turn + Moonblast is mandatory, and I opt for Energy Ball to hit Gatr and Mamo as hard as possible since they are threats to the team. I took the idea of Yache Berry from dodmen to have an easier time switching into Pedo/Gatr/Mega-Pert as well as not be revenged by Mamo. Whimsicott's speed is so useful for the team to give me a way to revenge kill things like Cobalion (another threat) without bringing out Swampert and forcing it to take unnecessary damage.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
Mamo is so broken lol. A pain for every UU team ever, Mamo finds its way on my team to simply break shit and check Dragons + Flying types. This set is as standard as it gets, with Jolly chosen to outspeed Gatr and tie other Mamos. Mamo is my switch in to T-Wave users like P2 and Cress, even though it probably won't KO them. Knock Off cripples them and allows M-Swampert to handle them both, and Cobalion can even kill Cress late game due to Lum. Suicune is another common switch into Mamo, and if I dodge the burn. I can leave it at low health with no item to let my sweepers finish it off later on.

Threatlist

Entei and Darm are really scary for me since they come in on Whims for free, and due to their sheer power + burns, can overpower Pert and Dragalge. Keeping rocks up is a MUST,

Manageable unless its SubSD variant. Then I am in big trouble since it sets up on Dragalge (which previously could dent it with Draco and put it in Moonblast range). Not weak to Rocks or T-Spikes either :(

Annoying since it wears down Pert and Dragalge and also comes in on Whims. Thankfully many teams use it as a Dragalge switch in so you can drop a Draco on it.

Fast as hell and 2hkos everything if Drill Run. Keep rocks up + chip at it with Shard.

Always a threat to offense but not that bad with Coba + Mamo + Swampert

T-Waves shit and is fat as hell. Need I say more?

No switch ins lol. But this applies to any UU team except fat stall ones with Alomomomomola.

CB set is a huge pain since it dents Whims and I have no Ground immunity, so it can spam EQs freely with its decent speed.

Physical water sweepers aren't the worst since Cobalion + Whims checks them nicely and they are all T-Spike weak, but late game they can sweep if I misplay and let Whims die.

Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-305149244
Hoopa sets TR for Pert to clean late game vs r0ady

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-304440225
T-Spikes and D-Tail prove to be too much for this stall team vs pokemonisfun
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic Spikes

Ability: Damp
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Hoopa @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Whimsicott @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Energy Ball
- U-turn
- Moonblast

:mad:Enjoy the team!:mad:

Last edited:

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Great team bud. Really liked the usage of Yache Berry Whimsicott in this team. Here's the rate:

• I really do not think running Lum Berry on Cobalion is worth, especially considering the fact that you have three Suicune checks in Hoopa, Dragalge, and Whimsicott. Furthermore, Mamoswine and Krookodile can easily spam Earthquake on your team, and if Whimsicott is weakened, it can provide catastrophic effects to your team, as you will have no switch-in to them, and they can just switch into a Dragalge after a Draco Meteor, and KO something. Mega Beedrill is also very annoying for your team, as it can just pivot around your team, and as you mentioned, can 2HKO everything with Drill Run. Therefore, it is completely necessary to have a Ground-type check somewhere in your team. On the other hand, your team is very well built and each Pokemon has nice synergy with one another and therefore, the optimal solution is to run Shuca Berry Cobalion, as it will give your team two checks to Mamoswine in Whimsicott and Cobalion, the latter can switch into it once or more, depending on what the opponent uses. This will relieve your Krookodile and Aerodcatyl weakness a bit as well, and you can hit Mega Beedrill hard if it decides to Drill Run on you, making it prone to being worn down by hazards or being revenge killed.

• Whimsicott is a very effective glue in your team, and the fact that it cannot recover its HP in any way makes it very shaky, especially the fact that it checks bulky Water-types as well as offensive, and Ground-types as well. Therefore, it is important that it finds a way to recover its HP. I know Yache Berry is amazing, and very effective on this team, so I won't change that. What I would change, is to run Giga Drain over Energy Ball, as it will give you a way to recover HP upon hitting Pokemon super effectively, which are typically the Pokemon you'd want to check with Whimsicott.

Hope I helped! :toast:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Omg Do A Bibarel you posted this right before I updated my Matchmaking thread with you winning with this exact core. Glad to see it has fared well and given you great success. Anyways, I am here to rate not praise so let's go!
  • First off, I wanna say Arifeen's changes are near necessary as the former makes Cobalion a nice Krook and Mamo check (which this team hates) and the latter makes Whims a better Water-type check.
  • My only suggestion is that while I like the idea of a strong spinblocker, Hoopa just seems so meh for this team as most of the team is somewhat bulky and I feel the team applies enough offensive pressure that the opponent is going to be hard pressed to go for spin lest they want to sack their spinner. That being said, I would suggest running 3 Atks Salamence > Hoopa as this can be a nice lure for Florges and provides this team with everything it needs in a Fire check, a Ground immunity, and a balance breaker. It also checks a ton off of your threatlist being able to nail Cobalion and Doublade with Fire Blast / Intimidate, resists Fire-types, and can fire off powerful Dracos against the rest. The utility Salamence is bringing to the table is too much not to be using it even with you having dual Dragon.
Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail
- Roost

While a small rate, I hope it changes the team for the better! Again, nice team!!! <3

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Great team bud. Really liked the usage of Yache Berry Whimsicott in this team. Here's the rate:

• I really do not think running Lum Berry on Cobalion is worth, especially considering the fact that you have three Suicune checks in Hoopa, Dragalge, and Whimsicott. Furthermore, Mamoswine and Krookodile can easily spam Earthquake on your team, and if Whimsicott is weakened, it can provide catastrophic effects to your team, as you will have no switch-in to them, and they can just switch into a Dragalge after a Draco Meteor, and KO something. Mega Beedrill is also very annoying for your team, as it can just pivot around your team, and as you mentioned, can 2HKO everything with Drill Run. Therefore, it is completely necessary to have a Ground-type check somewhere in your team. On the other hand, your team is very well built and each Pokemon has nice synergy with one another and therefore, the optimal solution is to run Shuca Berry Cobalion, as it will give your team two checks to Mamoswine in Whimsicott and Cobalion, the latter can switch into it once or more, depending on what the opponent uses. This will relieve your Krookodile and Aerodcatyl weakness a bit as well, and you can hit Mega Beedrill hard if it decides to Drill Run on you, making it prone to being worn down by hazards or being revenge killed.

• Whimsicott is a very effective glue in your team, and the fact that it cannot recover its HP in any way makes it very shaky, especially the fact that it checks bulky Water-types as well as offensive, and Ground-types as well. Therefore, it is important that it finds a way to recover its HP. I know Yache Berry is amazing, and very effective on this team, so I won't change that. What I would change, is to run Giga Drain over Energy Ball, as it will give you a way to recover HP upon hitting Pokemon super effectively, which are typically the Pokemon you'd want to check with Whimsicott.

Hope I helped! :toast:
Great suggestions. I've actually tried both Shuca and Giga Drain before but opted but Lum and Eball. You convinced me to make the change though, so thanks!

• First off, I wanna say Arifeen's changes are near necessary as the former makes Cobalion a nice Krook and Mamo check (which this team hates) and the latter makes Whims a better Water-type check.
  • My only suggestion is that while I like the idea of a strong spinblocker, Hoopa just seems so meh for this team as most of the team is somewhat bulky and I feel the team applies enough offensive pressure that the opponent is going to be hard pressed to go for spin lest they want to sack their spinner. That being said, I would suggest running 3 Atks Salamence > Hoopa as this can be a nice lure for Florges and provides this team with everything it needs in a Fire check, a Ground immunity, and a balance breaker. It also checks a ton off of your threatlist being able to nail Cobalion and Doublade with Fire Blast / Intimidate, resists Fire-types, and can fire off powerful Dracos against the rest. The utility Salamence is bringing to the table is too much not to be using it even with you having dual Dragon.
Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail
- Roost

While a small rate, I hope it changes the team for the better! Again, nice team!!! <3
Thank for the rate NV! MixMence definitely helps with many of my weaknesses, but I fear it trades checking all my previous ones with a few but more prevalent ones. My main concern is Reuniclus, Cress, and Whimiscott (I have to rely on Shard or Dragalge to revenge and both don't like switching in). The bully psychics also can set up CMs once Mence is at -2, and Whims doesn't like taking Psyshocks. Trick Room also provides utility for the team by giving Swampert the speed boost without setting RD (the first replay is one example but I can't find any others :/).

Omg Do A Bibarel you posted this right before I updated my Matchmaking thread with you winning with this exact core. Glad to see it has fared well and given you great success. Anyways, I am here to rate not praise so let's go!
Great minds think alike :toast:

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Heya, Do A Bibarel! I really like this BO team that you have going :). Here are some suggestions that will hopefully give you a much easier time using it.

• I couldn't help but notice the huge Entei/Fire weakness before even looking at the threatlist. Swamp doesn't want to get burned, Dragalge gets 2hko'd after either the burn or rocks, Coba doesn't want to switch in and barely does half in an attempt to revenge, Whimsicott doesn't switch nor do relevant damage, Hoopa can't switch or revenge, and neither can Mamo. With that said, I find it necessary for you to have a fire check, and so I would suggest replacing Hoopa with Alomomola. It might be a bit of a passive addition, but this is a Bulky Offense squad and I think your team would greatly appreciate the wish support + how much Mola does for it. Alomomola doesn't only check Entei, but is a check and counter to everything on your threatlist (Though it needs a Scald burn on SD Coba and loses if it's SD+Sub). It deals with Scarfed Mienshao and some of those bulky psychics that you added Hoopa for pretty well, so you don't lose out on too much of its purpose. Dragalge's TSpikes don't get in the way of Alomomola using Toxic to cripple Cress. However, if you see Slowking on the opposing team, you may want to think twice before laying down TSpikes. Reuniclus may become more of a problem, but between Mamo, Swampert, Whimsicott, as well as Alomomola's wish support, it should definitely be manageable. Not to mention it having drastically dropped in usage ever since Sableye came into the tier. Mola is also some sort of psuedo-fighting check thanks to its amazing physical bulk + Regenerator.

• If you go through with the above change, you lose your fighting immunity and so Whimsicott is your only fighting check (other than Mola to an extent). This is fine, but I would definitely adjust its set to the bulky kind and go lefties > Yache Berry. You no longer need Yache for Mamo, Gatr, Shark and MPert because Mola walls all of them. This also allows Whimsicott to be an even better Hydreigon switch in, as well as have more useful options for that second move slot. Crawdaunt is also a threat to your team so you could use the bulk.

• Since you wouldn't really have trouble with Scarf Mence, Scarf Mienshao, etc, how about going for Max Speed/Max Attack Adamant on Mega Swampert? This gives you more power in general to get past walls, and also helps compensate for that expanded Reuniclus weakness from taking out Hoopa. Adamant Swamp actually deals with Reuni quite nicely under the rain.

252+ Atk Mega Swampert Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Reuniclus in Rain: 207-244 (48.8 - 57.5%) -- 51.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

That's about all. I hope you consider making some of these changes, good luck with the team :)!

Alomomola @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore / Leech Seed
- Encore
- U-turn

Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Rain Dance
- Ice Punch

Last edited:

Catholic Rabbits

Banned deucer.
Hello. I have a few questions about your team. Excuse any dumb questions I may have, I am new to Uu and the forums. I do play UU a little.

1. What do you do about specs chandelure? You do have ways to deal with it but it can switch in safley on two of your pokes and nothing resists shadowball.

2. Why jolly over adament swamp? What are you trying to outspeed?

3. Is hoopa your gard switch? The lack of a fairy resist may be a problem but I dont know how common gard is.

Ill give some input once I get these questions answered. Overall I like the team. The swampert dragalge core is super cool!

Last edited:

Adaam

إسمي جف
Hello. I have a few questions about your team. Excuse any dumb questions I may have, I am new to Uu and the forums. I do play UU a little.

1. What do you do about specs chandelure? You do have ways to deal with it but it can switch in safley on two of your pokes and nothing resists shadowball.

2. Why jolly over adament swamp? What are you trying to outspeed?

3. Is hoopa your gard switch? The lack of a fairy resist may be a problem but I dont know how common gard is.

Ill give some input once I get these questions answered. Overall I like the team. The swampert dragalge core is super cool!
1. Specs Chandelure is a threat but the best way to deal with it is to limit its switch ins. Dragalge, Mamo, and Swampert all beat it, and it is worn down by hazards so keeping those up will bring it down. But yeah it's scary

2. The spread on Pert outspeeds Scarf Mienshao, which Adamant Pert cannot

3. Gard thankfully is slow and thus can be outsped by Mamo and Cobalion unless scarf, which is too weak to be a threat (Scarf can't OHKO Dragalge) and is 1v1ed by everyone on the team. Specs and CM Gard, if they come in on Drag for example, may require sacking something but thats OK because it's only coming in after I kill something, as it can't switch into anything. Late game it's TR fodder for Hoopa as well bar Shadow Ball (most are Choiced tho so you know what move to expect)

Vapo

water me
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey man, I really like your team! Dragalge is an extremely cool pokemon that I've been trying to make work for a while (admittedly to little success). I just have a few minor tweaks to suggest to patch up small holes and really optimize your team:
  • I suggest making your Mega Swampert max speed instead of your current spread. Your current spread outspeeds up to Scarf Mienshao, which is a fine benchmark. However, if you invest the few EVs you placed into bulk back into speed, you will be able to outpace Scarf Infernape and Heliolisk as well. While neither of these pokemon are common scarfers, I believe it is worth going max speed just incase you run into one. The bulk you lose is minimal and will almost never come into play.
  • I don't think max speed is necessary on OTR Hoopa (or on Hoopa in general, unless you decide to use Timid). Other pokemon in the base 70 speed tier (Metagross, Mega Swampert) run +Spe nature, and pokemon in higher speed tiers such as Feraligatr, Mamoswine, and Chandelure will outspeed you regardless. Since you want to outspeed Crawdaunt, you could run a spread of 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe with a Modest nature, as this hits 211 Spe and will outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt and defensive pokemon such as Florges. Since Adamant Crawdaunt hits 209 Spe, with 211 you are outspeeding anything that also tries to creep it (Florges does this occasionally).
Other than that, it looks like you have a pretty solid, fun team. I hope you try out my suggestions! Good luck with everything.
Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Rain Dance

Hoopa @ Life Orb
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room

Adaam

إسمي جف
Hey man, I really like your team! Dragalge is an extremely cool pokemon that I've been trying to make work for a while (admittedly to little success). I just have a few minor tweaks to suggest to patch up small holes and really optimize your team:
  • I suggest making your Mega Swampert max speed instead of your current spread. Your current spread outspeeds up to Scarf Mienshao, which is a fine benchmark. However, if you invest the few EVs you placed into bulk back into speed, you will be able to outpace Scarf Infernape and Heliolisk as well. While neither of these pokemon are common scarfers, I believe it is worth going max speed just incase you run into one. The bulk you lose is minimal and will almost never come into play.
  • I don't think max speed is necessary on OTR Hoopa (or on Hoopa in general, unless you decide to use Timid). Other pokemon in the base 70 speed tier (Metagross, Mega Swampert) run +Spe nature, and pokemon in higher speed tiers such as Feraligatr, Mamoswine, and Chandelure will outspeed you regardless. Since you want to outspeed Crawdaunt, you could run a spread of 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe with a Modest nature, as this hits 211 Spe and will outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt and defensive pokemon such as Florges. Since Adamant Crawdaunt hits 209 Spe, with 211 you are outspeeding anything that also tries to creep it (Florges does this occasionally).
Other than that, it looks like you have a pretty solid, fun team. I hope you try out my suggestions! Good luck with everything.
Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Rain Dance

Hoopa @ Life Orb
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Trick Room
The Hoopa spread looks good! I'll make the change. As for Swampert, I am a strong proponent for squeezing as much bulk as possible, and I have yet to run into a ScarfApe or Heliolisk (although I know you like to use Helio lol). Max Speed definitely is nice, but I will probably keep the bulk. Thank you for your rate!

Adaam

إسمي جف
Good thing this loses to Gyarados LOL. Gonna have to run Freeze Dry Mamo over Knock Off or Icicle Crash now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)