ORAS UU Adaptability

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor

( The Real Banner is in the making by Ace~ and will come soon)

~
~

Hello Everyone! LittleRunnerXC here bring you my second official RMT! Adaptability. This is I guess a 200 post RMT special, but this is a team I have been wanting to post for a while, with the fact that Crawdaunt is unbanned. This is also the first official UU RMT with Crawdaunt in it!
Anyway lets get to the Team Preview!

Adaptability is a team that has been working really well for me lately, and is very different from all the other teams, and uses mons that arent used much, which is usually my style. I showed this style in my first very successful RMT Bees and Magnets. The team name originates from the 2 mons I built with, Porygon-Z and Crawdaunt, as they both have the amazing ability, Adaptability. The team is also able to adapt to much of the new and current metagame, and adapt to each member's weaknesses.

Anyway, this team is a sort of Bulky Offense built around Specs Porygon-Z and SD Crawdaunt, two powerful mons that can rip holes in any kind of playstyle. This team has a ton of hard hitters, and puts a lot of pressure on the opposing team, as it can do a variety of things, with volt-turn, 3 forms of priority to make up for the teams low speed, as well as speed control and hazards..

Lets look at my thought process when teambuilding!

First I wanted to build around a core I came up with of Porygon-Z and Crawdaunt. They both have immense wall-breaking power, and take on eachothers counters very well. I just love the sheer power behind these mons, and this is also where I got the team name, Adaptability.

Next up Whimsicott. Whimsicott provides a much needed electric, fighting, and grass resist, which the core was weak too. It also provides some good speed to the core, paralysis support with Stun spore, and gives the core some more bulk.

Next up Mega-Ampharos. Mega-Ampharos was the perfect choice for the next slot. It gave a flying, electric, and steel resist. It also gave the team a slow volt-switcher to bring in Porygon-Z or Crawdaunt safely to do work, while hitting extremely hard, taking care of bulky steel types, and filling my mega-slot.

Next up Metagross. A new addition to UU, Metagross provided me a steel type, to finish out my Steel, Fairy, Dragon core, and useful resistances to fairy, and dragon, while also providing a crucial poison immunity to pair well with Whimsicott. Metagross also gave me a nice Bulk and attacking power, with rocks and priority, to help with the teams’ naturally low speed.

Then Entei. Entei was basically the perfect fit for the 6th slot, as it gave me a crucial bug resistance(which my team was weak too), a fairy resistance, an ice resistence, and a will-o-wisp immunity. It also gave me more priority in extremespeed and another hard hitting mon with good speed.

I have taken the suggestions of Rattled Snakes, Do A Bibarel, and Manipulative, and came to the decision of having Infernape>Entei. I have realized that Entei was a very redundant wallbreaker, and that I needed a Sweeper. Infernape was the perfect fit as it kept the fire type, but also isnt weak to stealth rocks, and adds some more unpredictability and speed to the team.

Lets get an In Depth look at the mons on my team and how they synergize with eachother as well as their roles.

EZPZ (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Specs

Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
Porygon-Z- PZ is one of the main mons on the team, and is used for optimal wallbreaking, tearing holes in the opposing team as it has very limited switchin’s. I also feel that many teams in this meta are vert weak to Specs PZ. Porygon-Z is used to take down opposing physically defensive walls, and break stall with trick. The set is very standard, as Tri Attack and Shadow ball have perfect neutral coverage to every mon in UU, and Thunderbolt is used to hit bulky waters, and is the best move to click against incoming steel types. EV Spread also pretty standard as it allows PZ to hit like a truck, and still get some crucial outspeeds against slower mons.

WaterHazard (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
Crawdaunt- Crawdaunt is also one of the main mons on the team, and is used to destroy walls, specifically special walls. Crawdaunt has amazing power, and is also boosted by Adaptability. Crawdaunt is almost like a physical Porygon-Z, in that is it outsped by many things, but hits like a frikkin truck, breaking walls and having limited switchins. It is the Standard SD set except I choose to run Adamant to get those crucial KO’s as I feel that Crawdaunt is outspeeding what it needs to, and jolly doesn’t do too much for it. This set also almost acts as a wincon, as SD can start sweeping with aqua jet especially with stealth rocks on the field.

Trickster (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stun Spore
- Encore
- U-turn
- Moonblast

Whimsicott-
Whimsicott plays a perfect support role on the team, being able to shut down many walls, as well as wall many with its surprisingly good defensive typing. It deters people from wanting to use status moves or set up hazards because of its famous prankster encore. Whimsicott also supports the team very well, in that it can use stun spore to slow down faster threats, so Porygon-Z and Crawdaunt can get some crucial outspeeds. The rest of the set on Whimsicott is pretty standard, with Stun Spore and Encore being very beneficial support moves, and u-turn is great for momentum to bring in PZ or Craw safely, as well as other members, and Moonblast for the standard attacking move. Whimsicott's ev spread is to outspeed max invested base 100's as this allows my team to be faster, which it needs to be. Whimsicott also acts as my ground switch in, as it can wall many ground types very well, bar Mamoswine and the Nido’s.

Amphabulous (Ampharos-Mega) @ Ampharosite

Ability: Static
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heal Bell
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
Mega-Ampharos- Mega Ampharos plays a huge role on the team as a bulky attacker, and a partial supportive role. It gave me so many crucial resists, as it has a very good defensive typing. Mega Ampharos in my opinion is the best slow-volt switcher in the metagame and is a great momentum grabber, as it can bring in Crawdaunt and Porygon-Z for free. Mega-Ampharos also fills a sort of supportive role, in that I run my own custom set, called Offensive Heal Bell. Heal bell is very important to this team, as it can heal burns off of Crawdaunt which render him useless, as well as paralysis on PZ, and just other status like Toxic which can wear down my mons. Mega-Ampharos also carries another suddle form of speed control in the form of Static before Mega-Evolving. The rest of the set is pretty standard with dual stab and focus blast to hit steel and ice types.

The X-Man (Metagross) @ Shuca Berry

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
Metagross- Metagross is a new addition to UU, and a very versatile one at that. Metagross gives me a good bulky attacker that also gives me a form of hazards in Stealth Rock. Metagross gives me a good switch in to many attacks, and also adds a form of unpredictability, in that it can run many sets. Metagross is also very important because it gives me a powerful form of priority in Bullet punch to make up for the teams low natural speed. Other reasons I like Metagross in this spot is because I didn't want a steel type weak to fighting, and the secondary psychic type allows it to switch into fighting type attacks better; I also liked its ability clear body, as it can take on intimidate users, and it also maks my team not as weak to Sticky Webs. I recently made a crucial change in giving Metagross the Shuca Berry. The Shuca Berry allows me to not be so weak to ground, and can surprise some ground types that give my team trouble, such as Mamoswine and Nidoqueen, as I have super effective coverage for both of them. The last reason I added Shuca Berry is because I never like to have 3 Life Orb users on a team.

My Mixtape (Infernape) @ Life Orb

Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Grass Knot

Infernape was a crucial change and final addition to my team, as it provided a nice sweeper to benefit from the teams massive wallbreaking. Infernape is the perfect answer, as it doesn't give me a stealth rock weakness, which is good for a team with no hazard control. Infernape also adds some more versatiliy and unpredictability to my team, as Metagross did, and doesnt sacrifice any power, and makes my team faster. The Nasty Plot set is also VERY good in the current meta. Nasty plot is the boosting move, and Fire Blast is obviously its main move. Vacuum Wave came over Close Combat basically because it allows it to sweep easier, not wallbreak. Grass knot was the obvious choice for bulky waters, and super effective coverage against ground types.

Now lets take a look at the checks and counters to my team, and how to deal with them accordingly.
:Ground Types- Ground types like Mamo and the Nido's can give my team trouble as I have 3 weaknesses and only 1 resist in Whimsicott. Mamo and the Nido's however can fire off their secondary stab and take out Whimsicott, which is why Ground types have to be played around very carefully. However, they dont just all out 6-0 my team, as I can make proper predictions on incoming attacks, and whimsicott can also encore them into an undesirable move. Crawdaunt can also take out ground types with aqua jet, and has a great offensive advantage over them.

:Hazard Stacking- This is one of the rare teams without a form of Hazard Control, which can be a bit of an issue. Rocks only hurt my Entei, but they can still wear down my team, as it has no form of recovery. Spikes and Toxic Spikes can also wear down my team as well. Sticky webs can also be an issue, but my team is already naturaly slow, and Sticky Webs aren't used very often anyhow, and are very rare in competitive battles. However, hazards arent set up against my team as much, because the other team might not even think of setting up hazards, because a lot of my mons can take them out with their sheer power, and Whimsicott can come in and encore them into that undesirable move.

:Voltturn- Because I have no ground type, volt switch can be a problem to my team sometimes, as I have no way of deterring it.

:Powerful Fire Type Attacks- Darmanitan and Entei can give some problems to my team, as my only switch in to them is Mega-Ampharos. This does make me wonder if a defensive spread would help, but anyhow my other 2 resists are rather frail, and Crawdaunt doesnt wanna take a burn from Entei.

Now here is some possible changes to the team to get rid of these counters, but I feel they bring more issues and dont synergize as well.

Empoleon>Metagross. Empoleon can still provide the steel typing, and set up rocks as well as Defog, but having those 2 on a set is hard to accomplish. Empoleon also gives my team another Fighting weakness, and doesnt have the priority that Metagross does. Empoleon also hits from the Special side, which makes me feel like I have too many Special attackers, and have trouble with offensively with fairy types once Entei is gone.

Leech seed or taunt on Whimsicott. Whimsicott has 4 moveslot syndrome, and I want all of its moves on a set at once. Leech seed could be an option to give my team some useful recovery. Taunt could be used to shut down hazard setters, which my team is weak to. Tailwind>Stun spore is another possible option to make sure I get a speed boost without having to rely on Stun Spore's accuracy. This also may help me clean late game better. However I feel that Stun spore is better for the whole game, and lasts longer, while also having that nice 25% chance to not let the opposing pokemon move.

Another option might be Nidoqueen and Mega-Blastoise over Metagross and Mega-Ampharos, but I dont really like that because too make special attackers, and I lose slow volt switch, which is very good for the team, a fairy, dragon, steel core, and I also lose the priority and heal bell support that Mega-Ampharos and Metagross bring.

Here is the importable!
WaterHazard (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

EZPZ (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Trickster (Whimsicott) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stun Spore
- Encore
- U-turn
- Moonblast

Amphabulous (Ampharos-Mega) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heal Bell
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

My Mixtape (Infernape) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Vacuum Wave
- Grass Knot

The X-man (Metagross) @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake​

Lastly, some important shoutouts =)
Who Do You Think? A very good friend of mine on Showdown, and always helps me build teams. A really cool guy =)
Chamaeleon Another good friend on showdown and a very good battler, a little addicted to rain as well, haha
Euphonos Really nice guy who sets an example for everyone in the UU community, great contributor to smogon as well, deserves a badge :). Also one of my first good friends on PS
King UU Awesome guy in UU who helped me with my first Analysis on Accelgor, another great contributor to the community.
DMT Bite Mega-Swampert, will never forget it haha
horsehead3 Horsehead-3 Good friend on showdown that really knows how to battle, also the saltiest person on PS haha.
Pipotchi Amazing artist and a good friend =)
Ace~ Health and Fitness guy and a great guy on Showdown, also has a cool art thread so go check him out. Also will be doing the banner for this RMT
h_n_g_m_n H&F Guy with a lot of knowledge on the Subject, also a nice friend =)
Phable Another H&F Dude who always says Hi =)
SpaceBass HI! :)
Bummer Leader of Art and does a great job at it, also a general shoutout to the Art room on PS
NV Great person in the UU Community, and also introduced me to the power of Mega-Houndoom+Toxicroak =)
R0ady Cool dude, cool dude =)
LeoLancaster I am not AccelgorFanBoy! Haha, cool guy on PS and Smogon
Shiba Again, not AccelgorFanBoy lol, and a great guy that deserves to be on C&C.
Aquadext Newest UU voice and a great battler, also a great friend =)
ManOfMany Good regular in the UU chatroom
Rattled Snakes New guy and in my opinion, the best new battler in UU, has great potential and also has 10,000 alts ;)
Kreme Great team rater and a great contributor to Smogon. Also...late Happy-Birthday!
DaSpoofy Will be missed n~n
DrReuniclus Funny guy on PS and just got his Driver back! Congrats! =)
Pinkin Lark One of the funniest guys on PS, and will be an eternal voice ;)
Waiv Cool guy on PS, and a very good mod
kyla-kylls Great friend on PS that always knows how to roast people, haha
Sacri' One of my first friends on Showdown, and one of the nicest people out there =)
Serperior for Uber Kind of quit mons, but a cool guy and one of the best Stall players out there
Christo The Gr8 Phenomenal UU battler and someone I can always rely on for teambuilding, great guy. :)
Nightingales Cool girl with the craziest teams, also seems to think Delphox is viable in UU, haha.
RowDog Nice guy :)
Arifeen Thinks I am him favorite person on Smogon. He is a great team rater, and I seem him rating a ton of teams, soon maybe deserving of a Team Rating badge
Do A Bibarel Always see him on Smogon, and a really good UU player
ChoiceBnddUmbreon Phenomenal battler that proved that Blissey and Alomomola can be used on Balance, and a great guy as well
Killintime Unbehaved voice, but a funny one at that. =)
teal6 Awesome battler, and someone I can rely on to check my teams =)
Snobalt He has lots of patience ;)
GrilledClawitzer Hihi
xMarth Resurected UU guy who is a very good battler =)
BrandonBeast The nerdiest guy on UU, who is very active and likes to use Specs Roserade :/ ;)
PokeGyarados Needs to be one more, really nice guy =)
dingbat Is Back!
LessThanThreeMan Awesome guy in UU =)
SceptileMC Go check him out on Youtube! Really good friend of mine and is in the GBA as the San Fransisco Arcaniners!
Accelgor Cool dude with the best name in the world =)
garlando Good friend on PS and a very nice guy
Teamcali15 Hihi
Pak Nice guy with the Linda team that loses to Zapdos ;) Haha
dodmen Phenomenal mind in UU and a good role model
Ununhexium Made the XC thread and a cool guy overall
Merlouvynis Very active PS user and a nice guy =)
iplaytennislol Cool guy with a great chat presence =)
Ice Tea Hello =)
LilOu RIP LilOu :(

I am very sorry if I forgot anyone!!!

Final Notes
After going over the rates on my team, I think I found the perfect fit for Adaptability, taking in all of the helpful insights. These crucial changes include a faster spread on Whimsicott, Infernape>Entei, and Shuca Berry on Metagross. I think this team is much better and should see some more play!

I hope you enjoyed reading this RMT and I hope you try it out for yourself!
Thank You So much Everyone!

Last edited:

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, LRXC! Very cool team you have there :). I've got a few suggestions that should help you improve while not changing the team too much from your liking.

• So the first thing I noticed was that you hardly have a fire check, and so opposing Entei is just very scary to this team. Fear not, as there's a very simple adjustment you could make as a quick fix. As much as I like the creativity with your Ampharos set, I very much think that running physically defensive RestTalk Ampharos over its current set would be of much more help. Not only do you gain an entei check, but more leeway against Crawdaunt, a status absorber, and more. Unfortunately, you have to give up Heal Bell for this but I don't find this to be too much of an issue when you have both Entei and Ampharos to absorb burns. This also somewhat makes it easier for you against Volturn teams and makes you less weak to Cobalion.
Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

• Changing Ampharos' set also makes it easier to run a more preferably spread on Whimsicott. Running 252 HP / 132 Def / 128 Speed with a Jolly Nature makes for a more convenient situation against a good amount of threats, such as Salamence. At the cost of some bulk, you get to outspeed the 100 speed tier, and I believe that would be well worth it.

• I believe you also should get rid of sleep talk on Entei because Sacred Fire's PP goes down pretty quick. Not to mention that slight chance of a miss, and sometimes you'll really want to just guarantee the kill/win. A secondary fire move in Flare Blitz will be much more convenient to have on there.

Some other options:

• Cobalion over Metagross could provide you with some more speed as well as a secondary set up sweeper while keeping SR. Of course, this comes at the cost of not as much bulk (Though Cobalion is fairly bulky without investment), and one less switchin to fairies but you already have Entei to take care of that job efficiently. Very much helps with your problem against Lucario as well.
Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Good luck with the team!

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Hey there, LRXC! Very cool team you have there :). I've got a few suggestions that should help you improve while not changing the team too much from your liking.

• So the first thing I noticed was that you hardly have a fire check, and so opposing Entei is just very scary to this team. Fear not, as there's a very simple adjustment you could make as a quick fix. As much as I like the creativity with your Ampharos set, I very much think that running physically defensive RestTalk Ampharos over its current set would be of much more help. Not only do you gain an entei check, but more leeway against Crawdaunt, a status absorber, and more. Unfortunately, you have to give up Heal Bell for this but I don't find this to be too much of an issue when you have both Entei and Ampharos to absorb burns. This also somewhat makes it easier for you against Volturn teams and makes you less weak to Cobalion.
Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

• Changing Ampharos' set also makes it easier to run a more preferably spread on Whimsicott. Running 252 HP / 132 Def / 128 Speed with a Jolly Nature makes for a more convenient situation against a good amount of threats, such as Salamence. At the cost of some bulk, you get to outspeed the 100 speed tier, and I believe that would be well worth it.

• I believe you also should get rid of sleep talk on Entei because Sacred Fire's PP goes down pretty quick. Not to mention that slight chance of a miss, and sometimes you'll really want to just guarantee the kill/win. A secondary fire move in Flare Blitz will be much more convenient to have on there.

Some other options:

• Cobalion over Metagross could provide you with some more speed as well as a secondary set up sweeper while keeping SR. Of course, this comes at the cost of not as much bulk (Though Cobalion is fairly bulky without investment), and one less switchin to fairies but you already have Entei to take care of that job efficiently. Very much helps with your problem against Lucario as well.
Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Good luck with the team!
Awesome! Thank you for the rate man! First thing Imma say is on Coballion over Metagross haha, I just think Metagross provides a lot more, but on that Mega-Ampharos idea. I feel that Physically Defensive ampharos just sucks momentum out of the team, which is what it capitalizes on, I also dont like the fact that I would then still have 2 physically tailored walls, rather than a full defensive set, and someone with a little more special bulk. I also feel that Heal Bell is very important, and that focus blast needs to be there to hit a lot of threats. But, I will try this and see how it works, thank you so much for the rate, and dont worry, I do see where you are coming from with the Physically defensive rest-talk set =)

Another note, I will slash Flare Blitz, because I still do feel like having a switch in to a sleep powder is important, but I guess if I switch to rest-talk Mega-Ampharos (still deciding), I will switch to Flare Blitz. Will think about it though

Thank you Manipulative =) and Merry Christmas!

You should probably run speed on whimsi.

tipple prio is pretty great but running 6 mon's that are slower than base 86+ is pretty painful with no speed control whatsoever.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Hey LRXC, your team looks terrifying for fat teams to face. Entei + PZ + SD Crawdaunt is impossible to wall especially with pivot support. However, I do see a problem against offensive teams despite 3 priority users. The team is simply too slow to keep up with offense, and Aqua Jets and Bullet Punches aren't enough to deal with things like MoxieMence, Mega Sharpedo, Gatr etc, and locking yourself into Extremespeed is asking to be set up on by Lucario.

Faster Fighting types also seem to be a big threat. Infernape, Lucario (as you noted), and Cobalion look hard to deal with since they outspeeds your entire team and can hit your only Fighting resist for super effective damage. Cobalion especially looks to be threatening since it doesn't care for any of your priority users.

You might want to try Tailwind > Stun Spore on Whimsicott to have more reliable speed control and have a way to turn the tables on any offensive team rather than crippling one mon.

I also agree with Manipulative on investing more speed on Whimsicott. The bare minimum you should shoot for is outspeeding Salamence, but you also can try Max Speed Timid > Max Def Bold on Whims to outpace Cobalion, Azelf, Infernape etc and have a way to revenge kill them. I would also suggest running Max SpA but that's up to you to decide. Yache Berry is also an option to make
up for the loss of bulk when checking Shark/Gatr/Pert and helps a bit with Mamoswine's Ice Shard.

Lastly, I think Entei could be swapped out for a different mon to help with the weakness to the aforementioned Fighting types. Entei seems like the least important mon for the team in terms of "synergy" (I am really not a fan of the word lol) since it doesn't really provide any specific roles outside of adding resists and revenge killing.

To keep up with the offensive theme, I think a Sky Plate Crobat > Entei could work nicely. This swap gives you a much sturdier check to Bug types such as Heracross and Mega Beedrill and provides speed to and otherwise slow team. Crobat also maintains a secondary Fairy resist, gives a crucial Ground immunity, and also provides a reliable Fighting check. Crobat, however, can't switch into all Fighting types, but it can revenge kill all of them except a healthy Cobalion. Oh, and Hazard removal is also pretty cool.

Here is the set:

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe*
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt**
- Roost
- Defog

*If you prefer bulk over power, you can invest only 72 EVs in Attack and the rest in HP to OHKO Shaymin after Rocks and Machamp at 100%.

**Taunt is suggested because you otherwise cannot beat CM Florges 1v1 with Bat.

Also I definitely think you should keep offensive Mega Amphy with Focus Blast. Inviting in Krook/Mamo is the last thing you want, and having max SpA + Focus Blast eases prediction. You can click Focus Blast, for example, on an Empoleon despite a Mamo in the back without worrying about it switching in for free. Howver, I do think the spread on the bulk can be optimized. Unless the SpD EVs avoid any specific KOs, a spread of 196 HP / 252 SpA+ / 60 Spe can be used to outpace relaxed Swampert and still have nice bulk.

I hope I helped!

EDIT: Changed Tentacruel > Entei to Crobat > Entei

Last edited:

freezai

Live for the Applause
is a Tiering Contributor
Ok so I really love the team because it has some insane power in the form of insane wallbreakers. However with all these wallbreakers on the team, the question that is being asked is What do the wallbreakers on the team break for the rest of the team? What I mean by this is that there is nothing to capitalize on the walls that you will be breaking. Ideally, you would have some sort of sweeper that will clean shop once X Wallbreaker breaks through the necessary wall Y. So my rate will be focused on getting the team the sweeper it would really like to capitalize on the walls that Crawdaunt+Porygon Z will be breaking.

<<<<<<<<

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ice] (or literally whatever the f u want bc so many options)
Replacing Entei with Mega Houndoom removes somewhat of a redundant wallbreaker and gives you a sweeper that really loves the wallbreaking support of Specs PZ. PZ severely weakens a lot of would be Mega-Doom counters and the counters that would beat both pz and doom (think:Blissey) are so passive that crawdaunt gets a free switchin to try and destroy the town. Mega Doom also provides some speed that is lacking (although you do have ample amounts of priority.)
<<<<<<<<

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Now obviously you can't have two megas on a team so Ampharos had to be replaced. Physically defensive Zapdos is an ideal fit for the team as it shores up the ground weakeness, provides hazard removal, while still maintaining the momentum with volt switch to bring in some of your wallbreakers safely. Losing out on heal bell is kind of meh, but I don't think the loss will hurt too much as your team does have status absorbers and as a whole isnt too crippled by status.

As you have addressed in your RMT, you are wary of having too many special attackers on the team. That is a concern and rightfully so, however I don't feel that is a problem and in fact I would list it as an advantage. Most teams do not pack more than one special wall and Specs PZ can wear down those walls incredibly well. The only one that it can't beat is Blissey, but Crawdaunt takes advantage of Blissey so hard that Blissey becomes a huge liabiltiy in the process of stopping PZ. An "overwhelm" strategy with special attackers could work very well with the roster of mons that this team has

So to sum up, the team needed a dangerous sweeper that would really take advantage of the intense wallbreaking and could also use a bulky pivot to help bring in the aforementioned wallbreakers safely. The combination of Zapdos+Megadoom does this well and it brings a lot more to the team than it takes away. Hopefully I have not changed too much to the team as it still retains the core of what you aim to do: Hit Hard, and Hit Often.

I dont think tbolt on pz hits much that tri attack doesnt, so maybe try np or agility? works as a real nasty suprise aftr u trick ur specs.
Modest pz for extra nuke? idk how important the speed is but doesnt appear to be too much
Maybe try shuca on metagross: could get some suprsie kills and absolutely destroys maero
evs on zapdos are pretty variable, feel free to slide them to ur tastes
4th move on doom ur choice as well, I just listed my favorite

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Hey LRXC, your team looks terrifying for fat teams to face. Entei + PZ + SD Crawdaunt is impossible to wall especially with pivot support. However, I do see a problem against offensive teams despite 3 priority users. The team is simply too slow to keep up with offense, and Aqua Jets and Bullet Punches aren't enough to deal with things like MoxieMence, Mega Sharpedo, Gatr etc, and locking yourself into Extremespeed is asking to be set up on by Lucario.

Faster Fighting types also seem to be a big threat. Infernape, Lucario (as you noted), and Cobalion look hard to deal with since they outspeeds your entire team and can hit your only Fighting resist for super effective damage. Cobalion especially looks to be threatening since it doesn't care for any of your priority users.

You might want to try Tailwind > Stun Spore on Whimsicott to have more reliable speed control and have a way to turn the tables on any offensive team rather than crippling one mon.

I also agree with Manipulative on investing more speed on Whimsicott. The bare minimum you should shoot for is outspeeding Salamence, but you also can try Max Speed Timid > Max Def Bold on Whims to outpace Cobalion, Azelf, Infernape etc and have a way to revenge kill them. I would also suggest running Max SpA but that's up to you to decide. Yache Berry is also an option to make
up for the loss of bulk when checking Shark/Gatr/Pert and helps a bit with Mamoswine's Ice Shard.

Lastly, I think Entei could be swapped out for a different mon to help with the weakness to the aforementioned Fighting types. Entei seems like the least important mon for the team in terms of "synergy" (I am really not a fan of the word lol) since it doesn't really provide any specific roles outside of adding resists and revenge killing.

To keep up with the offensive theme, I think a Sky Plate Crobat > Entei could work nicely. This swap gives you a much sturdier check to Bug types such as Heracross and Mega Beedrill and provides speed to and otherwise slow team. Crobat also maintains a secondary Fairy resist, gives a crucial Ground immunity, and also provides a reliable Fighting check. Crobat, however, can't switch into all Fighting types, but it can revenge kill all of them except a healthy Cobalion. Oh, and Hazard removal is also pretty cool.

Here is the set:

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe*
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt**
- Roost
- Defog

*If you prefer bulk over power, you can invest only 72 EVs in Attack and the rest in HP to OHKO Shaymin after Rocks and Machamp at 100%.

**Taunt is suggested because you otherwise cannot beat CM Florges 1v1 with Bat.

Also I definitely think you should keep offensive Mega Amphy with Focus Blast. Inviting in Krook/Mamo is the last thing you want, and having max SpA + Focus Blast eases prediction. You can click Focus Blast, for example, on an Empoleon despite a Mamo in the back without worrying about it switching in for free. Howver, I do think the spread on the bulk can be optimized. Unless the SpD EVs avoid any specific KOs, a spread of 196 HP / 252 SpA+ / 60 Spe can be used to outpace relaxed Swampert and still have nice bulk.

I hope I helped!

EDIT: Changed Tentacruel > Entei to Crobat > Entei
Yeah thanks man! I was actually thinking of switching Crobat to Entei before hand, but I really wanted to have that priority, so thank you very much! I did a lot of testing and I do feel like Crobat is the perfect choice! As it does add some bulk to the squad, while also having momentum, Thank you very much Do A Bibarel for reminding me of when I thought of that lol, nice team rate ;)

Also I am keeping stun spore on the Whimsicott

Also I will add the speed on whimsicott, but now way am I making it max jolly haha, but thanks anyway :]

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Hey guys! I will be making some crucial changes to the team after some very good insight on some of the issues of my team from Do A Bibarel Manipulative and Rattled Snakes

I see all of the points where they are coming from and will edit this RMT after the Holidays, probably tomorrow because I am pretty busy today and have been busy yesterday and such.

So stay tuned for some changes to make this team even better! Go Adaptability!

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Hello Everyone! I will be making some changes soon dont worry, but I wanted to share a video of my team in action! This is a pokemon showdown laddering session done by my friend and poketuber SceptileMC! He is in the GBA and is doing VERY well! Go check him out on Youtube and the team in action! (I do realize that this team could be better, and with my testing I am going to make it better, but this is when it was in its first form =)

haxiom edit: next time use the edit button rather than triple/quadruple posting.

Last edited by a moderator:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Okay everyone! I have finally made the changes I have promised. I took in the considerations of Rattled Snakes (Also congrats on voice in the UU room on PS), Manipulative , and Do A Bibarel . They all brought up very helpful points in what my team struggles with, and what it needs, which is why I implimented the changes listed below, as well as in my RMT.

For Whimsicott I opted for a faster spread because my team was rather slow and struggled against HO teams. This spread allows me to outspeed base 100's with max investment, and the rest of the Ev spread is still spread to add some more bulk on Whimsicott for still a support role.

Metagross also went under a crucial change, in that it acquired the Shuca Berry. Shuca Berry Metagross is a very unpopular set, but I hope my team can show its power and it can rise in the current meta. My team struggles against ground type attacks, and this allows it to not be as much, and also surprise faster ground switch ins, such as Nidoqueen and Mamoswine, and then take them out with my super effective coverage moves. This also allowed my team to not be worn down as much, as I dont like having 3 Life Orb users

Lastly, I decided to switch Entei to Infernape, as this allows me to have a sweeper that benefits from the massive wallbreaking power my team provides. Infernape also provided a lot more speed, and a nuetrality to stealth rocks, which makes the team feel better for not having any hazard control. Infernape also gave me some more unpredictability, kind of like Metagross in that the opponett has to play around teh fact they dont know what set Meta or Infernape are until they come out and attack. Nasty Plot Infernape I also feel is VERY good in this meta, and is such a good set.

Thank you everyone for reading this RMT and staying tune for the changes that were made! Thank you so much!

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hey LRXC, nice looking team n_n. Although I hate Crawdaunt with a passion, it's a cool teammate with PZ, which also has little to no switch-ins (although Crawdaunt is definitely worse :[ cause Knock Off). But anyway, I just have some quick recommendations to help this team out.

• First I'd like to recommend Chandelure over Infernape, although this does give you a Stealth Rock weakness without any form of hazard removal, it deters Fire-types like Entei and Darmanitan from just clicking their powerful STABs due to Chandy's access to Flash Fire. Chandy also acts as a Lucario check, as your team was obviously very weak to it, if it got to +2 on let's say a choice locked Shadow Ball Porygon-Z.. it just clicked ESpeed and CC to KO the majority of the team, so Chandy fits well here with a Choice Scarf. Here's the set, fairly standard.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Energy Ball
    - Trick
Another option would be Manipulative's recommendation of Coba over Metagross, but the priority is really nice in Bullet Punch and with it I think it really helps this team deal with Slurpuff (although you do have a Whimsicott to Stun Spore/Encore into Belly Drum), but I'd definitely test a few things out if I were you with Shuca SD Cobalion :]

Good luck with your team!

Last edited:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Hey LRXC, nice looking team n_n. Although I hate Crawdaunt with a passion, it's a cool teammate with PZ, which also has little to no switch-ins (although Crawdaunt is definitely worse :[ cause Knock Off). But anyway, I just have some quick recommendations to help this team out.

• First I'd like to recommend Chandelure over Infernape, although this does give you a Stealth Rock weakness without any form of hazard removal, it deters Fire-types like Entei and Darmanitan from just clicking their powerful STABs due to Chandy's access to Flash Fire. Chandy also acts as a Lucario check, as your team was obviously very weak to it, if it got to +2 on let's say a choice locked Shadow Ball Porygon-Z.. it just clicked ESpeed and CC to KO the majority of the team, so Chandy fits well here with a Choice Scarf. Here's the set, fairly standard.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Energy Ball
    - Trick
Another option would be Manipulative's recommendation of Coba over Metagross, but the priority is really nice in Bullet Punch and with the I think it really helps this team deal with Slurpuff (although you do have a Whimsicott to Stun Spore/Encore into Belly Drum), but I'd definitely test a few things out if I were you with Shuca SD Cobalion :]

Good luck with your team!
Interesting change! I really like the suggestion but the part (stealth rocks weakness without any hazard control) really could be an issue. But I totally agree, my team does have a hard time with powerful fire type switchins, and this could also act as a cool spinblocker as well. However I really dont like how it doesnt work as well of a late game cleaner because of how it cant switch coverage, and once it gets a kill, someone else can switch in and wall the choice locked hit. The secondary stab also doesnt help me TOO much, and this mon doesnt provide me any priority. Double trick could be really cool though.

I will see how this goes Shiba and get back to you! Thank you very much for the rate!

Reactions: rs

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Hey, just wanted to bump this up one last time, thank you everyone for the support of this RMT, and it has been working very well for me! If anyone tries it, feel free to message me on PS and tell me how it goes =)
Just wanted to post another video that SceptileMC did a while ago (With the old team) to show you guys how to use it, and what it does well (Its even better now)

Thank you so much!

i dont know why man but I absolutely love this team. I usually use teams that say Peaked #1 and stuff like that. I saw this team and I decided to use it and i absolutely love it, no toher team has every encouraged me to push in the ladder, and I made it to 1300 (Im shit at UU and this is an achievement xD). Only change i made was phys def amphy cause its a reliable answer to alot of the physical attackers.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-314400167

This battle shows the unexpected factor of Shuca Berry Metagross, clean killing mamoswine with mmash. Amazing team btw if I havent already said it a billion times xD.
One problem I found was switching into Nidoking and Mamoswine to an extent. I can revenge kill them with craw but nearly all my mons get oneshot by them. Still triple priority is amazing, and it can revenge kill so much.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Thank you very much for the rate man! I am glad you are enjoying the team! And yeah, physical ampharos might be better now because of Gyarados but idk. That was a really cool replay as Metagross did work! =).
Yes the Nidoqueen and Nidoking matchup is a little hard switch in wise, so if you do see a Nidoqueen or Nidoqueen, lead with Crawdaut unless there is an obvious lead on the opposing team such as Galvantula or Azelf. Mamoswine is a little bit of an issue, but you can predict well and work around him, such as switching into Whimsicott on an EQ or Infernape/Craw on an ice shard.

However, on the thing with the set on Ampharos. It really depends on what works best for you. This team for me is a little bit more on the offensive side, so I feel resttalk Amphy sucks momentum and doesnt give my team the useful heal bell coverage for burns and toxic's. However, Phys Def AMphy is a much better answer to the newly introduced Gyarados and is a better switch in to many things.

But yeah thanks for the comment! This actually made my day! Haha =) mayoouran2
Have a nice day!

Hey dude, I've been using this team for awhile now, and it's really good. Especially right now, where Gyarados just dropped to UU, this team can totally take care of it. The pairing of two Adaptibility Mons are mighty useful, and Mega Ampharos with Heal Bell is surprisingly good at it's job. Keep up the good work! c:

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
Hey dude, I've been using this team for awhile now, and it's really good. Especially right now, where Gyarados just dropped to UU, this team can totally take care of it. The pairing of two Adaptibility Mons are mighty useful, and Mega Ampharos with Heal Bell is surprisingly good at it's job. Keep up the good work! c:
Thank you very much Electrabae !!. I appreciate the compliment! This does bring up something very valid that I want to talk about though, and that is how this team is still very good with the Gyarados drop.

Gyarados is such a threatening mon right now, and has very few true counters, and with Mega-Gyarados and Crawdaunt here, the viability of grass and electric types have skyrocketed. It has changed the meta quite a bit actually. However, Adaptability is prepared for Gyarados, with my favorite voltturn core in Mega-Ampharos and Whimsicott, which I feel really can take care of Gyarados and Crawdaunt in this meta, as well as take care of the influx of grass and electric types, such as Heliolisk, Zapdos, Rotom-Mow, and Tangrowth. Mega-Ampharos can take care of Gyarados really well, being able to switchin, even if it is an offensive set. It threatens it out easily with an electric type move, and this is actually where mold breaker can come in handy. A very popular partner for Gyarados rn is Mega-Sceptile, as it has Lightingrod. This makes an easy switchin to voltswitch or electric types, however not Mega-Ampharos because of mold breaker. Whimsicott is great for the core as well, because it can switchin into an oncoming earthquake or waterfall, and easily threaten Gyarados out with Encore. It also scared Gyarados from setting up a substitute, because it can just encore it, or a dragon dance. Whimsicott can also stun spore it as well. PZ also can revenge kill Gyarados, because it is Timid. Also, I wanted to add that Mega-Ampharos can become a defensive set, to better handle Gyarados now, if you so desire.

Just wanted to explain how Adaptability can deal with Gyarados relatively well, even if it is such a metagame changing mon that it is.
Thank you everyone for the support of this team, and I am glad to see people enjoy using it! Thank you very much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)