Rejected - Inactive Add a Disable Music Toggle

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
So this doesn't affect me at all because there's already a "mute sounds" button which I use, but being an active reader of the Suggestions subforum here, it seems like music uses a lot of bandwidth and probably contributes to the server lag we've been getting recently. As someone who literally never uses the music function, I would definitely opt to just turn it off entirely if it would reduce server load and maybe even costs for whoever pays for the Showdown! servers. I don't really understand most technological things, but instinctively it also seems like it would provide players with poor internet connections with a more consistent connection and maybe make Showdown! more accessible since their computer would have to... download less data(?)(again this doesn't affect me because I have gamer internet but it's a guess).

My understanding of the mute sounds button is that it still loads the music, it just doesn't play it (like having Spotify running but your computer volume set to 0). If this is already a complete "disable music" button then ignore this post, I just thought maybe it was one of those suggestions too obvious to think of for the admins because they have to consider so much other more complex stuff that I wouldn't understand. :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)