ADV Misdreavus

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/rs/pokemon/misdreavus

Adding one set and some other minor changes. I've noticed that the anaysis focuses too much on Misdreavus in the OU metagame, even though it's played mostly in the UU. Even in OU, I don't see the point of outrunning Tyranitar when it's going to Crunch you to death anyway, so I'm thinking that all the Spe EVs be moved to Def.

[SET]
name: Imprisoner
move 1: Hidden Power Ice
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Thunder Wave
move 4: Imprison
item: Leftovers
nature: Modest
evs: 236 Hp / 68 Def / 124 SpA / 80 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>A lot of Pokemon rely on Hidden Power to hit Misdreavus since it's immune to Ground, Fighting and Normal, so Imprison prevents them from touching you. Often you will find the opponent frustrated by how they suddenly cannot attack her once Imprison is used. With Thunder Wave on the set you can't be paralyzed bar a random Stun Spore, and Hidden Power Ice forces Ground types to switch, helping you to spread paralysis.</p>

[OTHER OPTIONS]
<p>Snatch can catch a nice Substitute if they think you are going to Confuse Ray or Thunder Wave. Pain Split is a decent idea for recovering HP, since Misdreavus's HP is still quite low even with all those EVs invested. Shadow Ball with a few EVs in Attack is a 2HKO to Hypno and Grumpig, and on the Imprison set allows you to wall Banette and Granbull.</p>

[EVS]
<p>Mostly HP and defenses. Maxing out Speed is not recommended: you'll only outrun Gligar (which isn't even a guarantee since many have Jolly and maximum Speed) at the expense of much-needed defenses. In OU you can go ahead and invest a few EVs to ensure that you outrun Milotic, however.</p>

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Shadow Ball deserves a mention on this set or at least on other options since with Shadow Ball and Hidden Power imprisioned most physical sweepers will have a hard time hitting it.

Shadow Ball is also the best MissyD can do to the likes of Grumpig and Hypno.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, so I know just about nothing about Advance battling (heh, I started 2 weeks ago), let alone UU. But, I think this is well written and from just my basic knowledge of Advance this set at least seems plausible and usable. Seems superior to the current Misdreavus analysis and I'd like to see it on site. Some feedback from others who actually have played UU Advance often would be nice though.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Like I said, Shadow Ball should be mentioned on the set, it's not simply other options material.
It allows MissyD to beat Psychic CMrs like Grumpig, Hypno and Slowking and with Shadow Ball + Hidden Power Imprisioned most normal types will not be able to touch it.

It should be a slash by the side of TWave.

shadow ball is much better then thunder wave to hurt common pokemon as well as walling most normal types who rely on shadow ball to hurt misdreavus.

you'll need around 200 attack iirc (stat, not evs) to hurt hypno.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How exactly does Thunder Wave prevent Misdreavus from being paralyzed again?

Tyranitar isn't going to Crunch you to death in RSE, IIRC it's a 2HKO on Boah so outspeeding to get another hit to finish it off in may not be such a bad idea.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
How exactly does Thunder Wave prevent Misdreavus from being paralyzed again?

Tyranitar isn't going to Crunch you to death in RSE, IIRC it's a 2HKO on Boah so outspeeding to get another hit to finish it off in may not be such a bad idea.
I don't think you get the point of Imprision in this set, or maybe how Imprision works. With TW on the set the opponent cant use TW, therefore you can only be paralyzed by some random Stun Spore.

Boah's Crunch does 77-90% to this MissyD, but Boah doesn't run any speed EV, so without any speed EV MissyD outspeeds it anyway. Not like it matters, since MissyD's Thunderbolt won't even break his Substitute.

What I mean is: your post is so wrong is every possible way.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
oh... I was thinking Disable.

My post isn't wrong in every possible way. I correctly stated that Crunch is a 2hko. My post wasn't good, but not completely wrong.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Right, so what exactly needs to be done here? As far as I'm aware, Shadow Ball as an option over Thunder Wave with Atk EVs?

I've not played Adv for a while, so I'll trust in Dekzeh and Slobroking to fix this if there's anything else that needs to be done.

Can we just come to an agreement to get this one out of the way?

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
Shadow Ball is an option and if you're gonna use it, I'd say at least 96 Atk EVs so you get the sure 3HKO on MaxHP/MaxDef+ Hypno and Grumpig and has a decent chance of 3HKOing MaxHP/MaxDef+ Slowking.

That's all that needs to be changed really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)