ADV ADV OU Global Championship - Round 1 [Tiebreaker @ Post 152]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing art by Alcor
Hosted by Lialiabeast and goldmason

ADV OU Global Championship 2024

Tournament Rules
  • General tournament rules and regulations are in effect and can be found here.
  • This is a standard ADV OU Tournament.
  • This tournament will be a Global Championship. The format of this tournament is explained below.
  • Each set played will be a Bo3. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Replays will not be required until Top 16, but it is mandatory to save them regardless in case of disputes.
  • Matches are to be played on smogtours, unless both parties agree to play on Pokemon Showdown! main server.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts -- get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only. Activity calls will be made by Lialiabeast , potentially with neutral assistance from a RoA Forum Moderator or Tournament Director. Coinflips will be done publicly on PS!
  • Do not cheat. Cheating will result in a disqualification. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:
    • Signing up with more than one account
    • Ghosting or being ghosted by another player
    • Manipulating match outcomes
  • Do not harass or insult your opponents. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone breaking this rule. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary.

This is just a small snippet of the full rules, which one can find here!
  • Identity: Pretending to be another player in relation to a tournament battle is strictly prohibited. Do not try to impersonate or play as another player. You may request that your opponent log on to their main account to confirm that they are who they claim they are, and they must comply.
  • Scouting: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. Abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to is strictly forbidden. Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Banned Pokemon
Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Wobbuffet, Wynaut

Banned Moves
Assist, Baton Pass + Block, Baton Pass + Mean Look, Baton Pass + Spider Web, Smeargle + Ingrain, Swagger

Banned Abilities
Sand Veil, Soundproof

Banned Items
Bright Powder, Lax Incense

Clauses
Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Freeze Clause, Timer Clause
Baton Pass Clause: Teams are limited to 1 form of stat-boosting alongside Baton Pass across the whole team.

Tie Rules
Battle ties do not progress either player towards winning the match.

The Global Championship Format

Each round will consist of 2 stages. In the first stage, each player will be given 2 sets of pairings, in which they play a Bo3 vs both opponents. After the first stage is completed, players who win both their matches go through to the next round, while players who lost twice are eliminated. The players who went 1-1 battle it out in a tiebreaker Bo3 in stage 2 to join the two-time winners in the next round.

Example Breakdown (64 Players)

Round 1: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 32 Bo3 matches (64 unseeded players, subs period) & Stage 2
Round 2: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 16 Bo3 matches (32 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 3: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 8 Bo3 matches (16 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 4: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 4 Bo3 matches (8 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 5: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 2 Bo3 matches (4 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Finals: Stage 1 - 2 sets of Bo3 matches (2 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Stage 1 End: Players with 2 match wins go through, and those with 2 losses are eliminated.
Stage 2: Players with a 1-1 record play each other in a FT2W match to see who progresses (or wins the final)

TL:DR
You play two Bo3s each round against two different opponents
Win both Bo3s in Round: Advance to Next Round
Lose both Bo3s in Round: Eliminated from Tournament
Go 1-1 in Bo3s in Round: Play in a final Bo3 in Stage 2 - winner of the set moves on while loser is eliminated

ADV OU Resources, including Sample Teams, Viability Rankings, and Speed Tiers, can be found here.
Scheduling Guide can be found here. Activity Win guidelines can be found here.

Deadline for this round is Sunday, May 26th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.

Set 1
GojeL/\Marlon  vs  BIG WILL
SM Larvitar  vs  JCEntrena
monchooo  vs  WraxiusGaming
Texas Cloverleaf  vs  Incognition
KeshBa54  vs  Seanobiwan
Shucklegigas  vs  Medeia
charizardsnuts  vs  Halbert Simpson
Figull400  vs  Indulge in dreams
Sato07  vs  Groudon
NeverX  vs  Oskari
AC7  vs  robjr
evakiyama!  vs  BobChess
Mister McLovin  vs  jmatera12
pokédutch  vs  knexhawk
Blox  vs  Funkybeangamer
Bless  vs  Corperate n
Moron5  vs  DMONDThrice
Zerkas  vs  Kaboom
Lord Ninjax  vs  Fakes
airports  vs  QuoiseSSBM
mielke  vs  SANKE CARP
Blinkingsky  vs  donk27
yuramas  vs  Baddy
Elian  vs  Mgtcp10
goldmason  vs  Sachumberto
Dumboi  vs  Oathkeeper
Star  vs  teamo
GoDunsparce.Nic  vs  davidTheMaster
OOz!?  vs  Quarante8
Endill  vs  eifo
Larry  vs  Rambode
Killerbaby  vs  urrgh
WalrusCove  vs  Django
Seraphz  vs  Dastardlydwarf
A Welcome Guest  vs  rarre
ImposterOCE  vs  bydy
OOF_MAXIMA  vs  Sheik :
ADV Andy  vs  TyCarter
TrRizzo09  vs  Rubyblood
Trade  vs  MeEsSm
Alecss  vs  TLTK
oliveroddish  vs  SweetPain
MantisTobogganMD  vs  Celdanami
VerySuboptimal  vs  Fabriisse
Realtimeglover  vs  Carkoala
Hiro'  vs  Squeeby
Onraider  vs  UDM 31
Zelph  vs  gorditoconbigote
DarthTyros  vs  Key to Life
thethreepercent  vs  Nashrock
Charmayanne  vs  TheDougArt
Huge Zorse  vs  false
HeyYa!_Forte  vs  avarice
reggg  vs  Deezcastforms
Milkshook  vs  Stockings
CyberOdin✝  vs  Rimato
DepressionCherry  vs  liljackha
mkizzy  vs  Dawn Dreams
Bedal Roscoe  vs  Ghostfall22
AntixHasFallen  vs  Shitrock enjoyer
xXEricXx  vs  RampageWebber
PanWithQueso  vs toinha
pixie909  vs  Vermillion Gangsta
ThunderousBagel  vs  Magician

Last edited:
Set 2
Stockings  vs  Trade
Sato07  vs  Milkshook
PanWithQueso  vs  Quarante8
Rambode  vs  Deezcastforms
MeEsSm  vs  Django
GoDunsparce.Nic  vs  BobChess
monchooo  vs  Corperate n
Carkoala  vs  Kaboom
SM Larvitar  vs  Nashrock
Oathkeeper  vs  JCEntrena
Dastardlydwarf  vs  Bless
Squeeby  vs  VerySuboptimal
ADV Andy  vs  Zelph
goldmason  vs  Moron5
ImposterOCE  vs  DepressionCherry
Oskari  vs  robjr
urrgh  vs  Fabriisse
mielke  vs  QuoiseSSBM
Rubyblood  vs  UDM 31
Star  vs  charizardsnuts
DMONDThrice  vs  SweetPain
Dumboi  vs  WraxiusGaming
Seraphz  vs  Figull400
pokédutch  vs  DarthTyros
Hiro'  vs  Sheik :
Endill  vs  CyberOdin✝
NeverX  vs  Funkybeangamer
Rimato  vs  airports
Baddy  vs  Elian
Fakes  vs  yuramas
Lord Ninjax  vs  Texas Cloverleaf
TrRizzo09  vs  Blox
Halbert Simpson  vs  knexhawk
GojeL/\Marlon  vs  Key to Life
thethreepercent  vs  OOz!?
TheDougArt  vs  Shucklegigas
AntixHasFallen  vs  rarre
Shitrock enjoyer  vs  Incognition
SANKE CARP  vs  Bedal Roscoe
Larry  vs  Seanobiwan
mkizzy  vs  evakiyama!
Dawn Dreams  vs  Sachumberto
WalrusCove  vs  Blinkingsky
jmatera12  vs  BIG WILL
Indulge in dreams  vs  reggg
ThunderousBagel  vs  Onraider
OOF_MAXIMA  vs  eifo
Huge Zorse  vs  Mister McLovin
KeshBa54  vs  Realtimeglover
liljackha  vs  gorditoconbigote
pixie909  vs  Charmayanne
avarice  vs  Groudon
TyCarter  vs  HeyYa!_Forte
Medeia  vs  TLTK
MantisTobogganMD  vs  A Welcome Guest
donk27  vs  Killerbaby
Alecss  vs  xXEricXx
Zerkas  vs  AC7
davidTheMaster  vs  false
oliveroddish  vs  Ghostfall22
teamo  vs  RampageWebber
Celdanami  vs  toinha
Mgtcp10  vs  Vermillion Gangsta
bydy  vs  Magician

Last edited:
Questions: as the deadline for round 1 is May 26, is that the deadline for Stage 2, or for stage 1? When is the deadline for stage 1?

How do extensions work for this tournament? Are they allowed? What happens if a game could result in both people having a stage 2 or neither player having a stage 2?

Last edited:
Questions: as the deadline for round 1 is May 25, is that the deadline for Stage 2, or for stage 1? When is the deadline for stage 1?

How do extensions work for this tournament? Are they allowed? What happens if a game could result in both people having a stage 2 or neither player having a stage 2?
Stage 2 has a different deadline, May 25th is the deadline for Stage 1 only.
Extensions are allowed in this tournament, I'm going to assume your last question meant what happens if two players end up 1-1 or 0-2 by the end of stage 1, if a player wins only one set, they are grouped into stage 2; stage 2 is for people who went 1-1 and the 0-2's are eliminated from the tour, 2-0's are advanced to the next round

Stage 2 has a different deadline, May 25th is the deadline for Stage 1 only.
Extensions are allowed in this tournament, I'm going to assume your last question meant what happens if two players end up 1-1 or 0-2 by the end of stage 1, if a player wins only one set, they are grouped into stage 2; stage 2 is for people who went 1-1 and the 0-2's are eliminated from the tour, 2-0's are advanced to the next round
Thanks for the clarification. What I meant about the extension question was if one player was 1-0 and one was 0-1, and they needed an extension, they could either both be 1-1, or one could be 2-0 and one 0-2, neither going to stage 2.

Thanks for the clarification. What I meant about the extension question was if one player was 1-0 and one was 0-1, and they needed an extension, they could either both be 1-1, or one could be 2-0 and one 0-2, neither going to stage 2.
Pairings will look like this until the extended games are played
1715740584862.png

OK, so if Rubyblood was 1-0 and avarice was 0-1, and Rubyblood won, then spell and bydy would play each other in round (stage) 2?

I still need some clarification. For me, the pairings above are referring to round 1 stage 2, and Rubyblood and avarice needed an extension for round 1 stage 1. If Rubyblood won, they'd be 2-0 and it wouldn't make sense for them to play stage 2, and the same is true for avarice, who would be 0-2. Would spell and bydy not have a stage 2 opponent?

I still need some clarification. For me, the pairings above are referring to round 1 stage 2, and Rubyblood and avarice needed an extension for round 1 stage 1. If Rubyblood won, they'd be 2-0 and it wouldn't make sense for them to play stage 2, and the same is true for avarice, who would be 0-2. Would spell and bydy not have a stage 2 opponent?
If they don't have an opponent they'd get a bye till next round

I assume I'd be matched up against spell based on what I saw happen in other parts of the draw? But I'm not totally sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)