AgiliGross is back?! RMT :D

So after MLuca being banned I figured I needed to rethink my team after getting too used to the power of Special based MLuca -3- ... so where do I start with my new team?

Team Build Process?

So I started with the two pokemon that I know I wanted to use. I wanted to use Keldeo after finally recieving a Modest natured on through a trade on Serebii. Goodra has become my favourite 6th Gen pokemon and just had to use it in the team. I personally love the Assualt Vest set and the Special Defence bulk it can give to the team.

Next I decided I wanted some extra bulk on the team. Now when I battled last gen there was always on pokemon that I loved to use because with Evolite its near impossible to kill with out a powerful fighting move. Porygon2 a.k.a DoomDuck is back for me this gen.

Now I wanted something that is capable of revenge killing or sweeping a pokemon or two. With the advent of Talonflame this gen how could I not pick it? It wouldnt surprise me if this became banned soon cos Gale Wings is a nice OP ability lol.

What is this?? But steel has been nerfed I here you say?? ... Metagross aint got time for dat!
I decided to bring back a pokemon that i havent used since Diamond and Pearl for a try out. Thinking back I wanted to use a set I havent for a while and you will see that below. Metagross still hits really hard and in the right situation can sweep as well.

To end the team I felt I needed some more bulk, MegaTTar is a nice bulky pokemon with its Sand Stream Ability and the boosts from evolving. I have an EV Spread I like to use that have tested before Pokebank was released but now I am able to bring my old TTar through to X hears to SR back on him! :D

The Team Members!

d'Artagnan

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Secret Sword
- Surf

So first up we have the Fourth Musketerr d'Artagnan ... Oh wait nope its Keldeo! This little pony hits hard with Specs and the Modest Nature. With base 108 Neutral speed it can be out speed by some pokemon, but this little guy isnt for battling them. This is the wall breaker of the team. Secret Sword and Hydro Pump are the "bread and butter" STAB moves that hit very hard. HP Ghost is mainly cos that is what my IV Spead will give me but its also useful against Psychic types like Gardevoir and Celebi. Surf is mainly filler because I cant get Icy Wind since I got the Keldeo on an X/Y trade and Icy Wind was a BW2 Move Tutor .. -3-

Carcolh
Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt

Its a the ever cute Goodra! This is a beast of Special Wall with Assault Vest and this EV Spread it can take pretty much any special attacking move (Except Psyshock cos that cheats -3-)
The moveset it well .. coverage xD .. since AV makes you use only attacking moves its what is best.
Draco Meteor hits well even with no EV investments. Fire Blast and Thunderbolt are nice coverage. Sludge Bomb is there for the Fairies that might try to ruin the fun.

DoomDuck

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SDef
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

My favourite pokemon of them all! With evolite this is a wall! Taking most hits like a champ and hitting back its awesome. With reliable recovery with Recover and Toxic which can be used to stall I love it. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam make up the classic boldbeam combo that hits alot of things for useful damage.

Peregrine

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 176 Spd / 252 Atk / 80 HP
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Easily one of the most powerful additions this gen with Gale Wings it is soo good! But not too good that its impossible to beat and has many counters. But with the priority Brave Bird after a Sword Dance it is able to cripple if not kill the opponent quiet easily. Flame Blitz is a nice move that is STABBED as well to damage any pesky grass or steel types.

Zen

Metagross @ Focus Sash
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 132 Spd / 252 Atk / 124 HP
Adamant Nature
IVs: 21 SDef
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Agility?! ... Yup! I decided to bring it back for a try. Now you may be asking why so my reply to that is this.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-89428112

With 252 Adamant Attack it hits soo hard. I also chose metagross for the STAB Steel move for any Fairies that might come join the party. Cant have them killing Goodra too easily.
I currently have Focus Sash to test if its ever needed and to ensure I get an agility off. The 132 Speed currently puts my base speed at 208 .. so after 1 agility that is 416 .. Out-Speeding alot of things.

Godzirra!!

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Mega-TTar! .. Now I seen people use the DDance set or an offensive EV Spread, with my M-TTar I tested something different, I tested a bulky set. With this EV Spread and Sand up with the normal Tyranitar the stats go to 404 HP - 330 Def - 384 (50% SpDef boost in Sand) before Mega evolving. In its Mega it gains 40 Base Def and 20 Base SpDef.
SR is ALWAYS nice to try and get on the field. Also in its Mega-Form it gets base 164 Attack which is Monsterous. At base 134 with no EV investment it has 303 Attack ... so just imagine it in Mega ... not only is it bulky, it hits hard too! ... It may seem strange but this EV spread has been working for me recently.

So there you have it ... my new team since MLuca is banned, please tell me what you think and if need be how you think it could be bettered.

I am always thankful for any help given :D

On Keldeo, considering changing either Surf or Hydro Pump to Icy Wind. You forgot the 4 extra EVs on Goodra. I'm wondering what that Porygon-2 spread is for, as it might benefit from having some sort of special attack investment. Metagross could benefit from another item instead of Sash, like Leftovers, as it has good defenses and doesn't often get OHKO'd. As well you might want something to get rid of hazards or else Talonflame's use goes way down. Other than that, solid team :]

Last edited:
One quick thing I notice is that you have no way to get rid of hazards. That is very important if you have a talonfame because he will instantly lose half of his HP on switch in.(sorry I don't have time for a proper rate, I am very busy currently but I will be happy to do a proper rate when I get some time.)

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, just a quick rate here.

First off, I know this is an in-game team, but if you ever happen to obtain a method of doing so, definitely go with Icy Wind over HP Ghost on Keldeo. Whenever you battle on a simulator, change that to Icy Wind because Keldeo really hates missing out on stuff like Dragonite.

Next, Goodra with Assault Vest is kinda meh. Same deal with defensive Mega Tyranitar, but only because the Leftovers recovery is sorely missed. However, regardless of how effective either one is, it can be argued that using the two in tandem is a little bit redundant because they're both special walls, especially for a non-stall team. Now, I may be getting a little ahead of myself here, and perhaps I'm biased towards using more defensive pokes, but Defensive Venusaur and Specially Defensive Tyranitar make a pretty great combo that I think would fulfill what Goodra and Tyranitar are doing now while giving you bulk that's spread more evenly around the physical/special spectrum.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite | Chlorophyll
Relaxed | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Giga Drain | Sludge Bomb | Earthquake | Synthesis

Tyranitar @ Leftovers | Sand Stream
Sassy | 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Stealth Rock | Pursuit | Crunch | Rock Slide

Basically what's happening is I tried "rearranging" some roles here and there. Note that both Pokemon now have a method of recovery—something that neither Goodra nor Mega Tyranitar had before. That should definitely help for longer, more drawn-out battles (because as it stands now, your team would be crushed by stall).

Next, on the subject of stall, I'd recommend trying out Bulk Up Talonflame. While you lose out on the faster, more powerful approach of Swords Dance, this set will beat most stall teams without Tyranitar with ease. Furthermore, you have enough immediate power in Keldeo and even Metagross, so I don't think it'll be too hard to fit in at all.

Talonflame @ Leftovers | Gale Wings
Careful | 248 HP / 184 SpD / 76 Spe
Bulk Up | Roost | Brave Bird | Taunt

If you use it right, you'll have no problem boosting to +6 against the slower, bulkier teams that this team struggles against. Again, don't expect this Talonflame to be the fast, offensive revenge killer that most Talonflames are. Rather, this is a slow-boosting but more reliable and much more durable version.

Next, just a minor change... I'd recommend changing Metagross's EV spread to include 204 Speed EVs. This lets you outrun Choice Scarf Excadrill at +2, who is the fastest commonly seen Scarfer you want to outrun. Other than that the set looks good, although I'd also consider Ice Punch over Zen Headbutt to hit Gliscor. Also, why 21 SpD IVs? Why not run full? (If this is another in-game thing, just remember to always use 31 on a simulator.)

Finally, take up the suggestion offered by BlackyXD. If you're running Talonflame and a Metagross with Focus Sash, you really need hazards out of the way. I'd replace Porygon2 with whatever it is you choose. I'd go with Mandibuzz simply because nothing on your team really wants to handle wallbreaker Aegislash, and you have Mega Venusaur to handle Defiant Bisharp if necessary.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers | Overcoat
Impish / Bold | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Roost | Whirlwind | Defog | Knock Off / Foul Play

Impish nature if you're using Knock Off, Bold nature if you're using Foul Play.

Hope this helped!

Hi, just a quick rate here.

First off, I know this is an in-game team, but if you ever happen to obtain a method of doing so, definitely go with Icy Wind over HP Ghost on Keldeo. Whenever you battle on a simulator, change that to Icy Wind because Keldeo really hates missing out on stuff like Dragonite.

Next, Goodra with Assault Vest is kinda meh. Same deal with defensive Mega Tyranitar, but only because the Leftovers recovery is sorely missed. However, regardless of how effective either one is, it can be argued that using the two in tandem is a little bit redundant because they're both special walls, especially for a non-stall team. Now, I may be getting a little ahead of myself here, and perhaps I'm biased towards using more defensive pokes, but Defensive Venusaur and Specially Defensive Tyranitar make a pretty great combo that I think would fulfill what Goodra and Tyranitar are doing now while giving you bulk that's spread more evenly around the physical/special spectrum.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite | Chlorophyll
Relaxed | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Giga Drain | Sludge Bomb | Earthquake | Synthesis

Tyranitar @ Leftovers | Sand Stream
Sassy | 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Stealth Rock | Pursuit | Crunch | Rock Slide

Basically what's happening is I tried "rearranging" some roles here and there. Note that both Pokemon now have a method of recovery—something that neither Goodra nor Mega Tyranitar had before. That should definitely help for longer, more drawn-out battles (because as it stands now, your team would be crushed by stall).

Next, on the subject of stall, I'd recommend trying out Bulk Up Talonflame. While you lose out on the faster, more powerful approach of Swords Dance, this set will beat most stall teams without Tyranitar with ease. Furthermore, you have enough immediate power in Keldeo and even Metagross, so I don't think it'll be too hard to fit in at all.

Talonflame @ Leftovers | Gale Wings
Careful | 248 HP / 184 SpD / 76 Spe
Bulk Up | Roost | Brave Bird | Taunt

If you use it right, you'll have no problem boosting to +6 against the slower, bulkier teams that this team struggles against. Again, don't expect this Talonflame to be the fast, offensive revenge killer that most Talonflames are. Rather, this is a slow-boosting but more reliable and much more durable version.

Next, just a minor change... I'd recommend changing Metagross's EV spread to include 204 Speed EVs. This lets you outrun Choice Scarf Excadrill at +2, who is the fastest commonly seen Scarfer you want to outrun. Other than that the set looks good, although I'd also consider Ice Punch over Zen Headbutt to hit Gliscor. Also, why 21 SpD IVs? Why not run full? (If this is another in-game thing, just remember to always use 31 on a simulator.)

Finally, take up the suggestion offered by BlackyXD. If you're running Talonflame and a Metagross with Focus Sash, you really need hazards out of the way. I'd replace Porygon2 with whatever it is you choose. I'd go with Mandibuzz simply because nothing on your team really wants to handle wallbreaker Aegislash, and you have Mega Venusaur to handle Defiant Bisharp if necessary.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers | Overcoat
Impish / Bold | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Roost | Whirlwind | Defog | Knock Off / Foul Play

Impish nature if you're using Knock Off, Bold nature if you're using Foul Play.

Hope this helped!
I agree with many things you've said here, except, venusaur and tyranitar pair horribly together... Sandstorm reduces venusaur's synthesis powers, as well as residual damage that is really bad for him. Venusaur is not a counter to defiant bisharp as well. However, on mandibuzz, foul play can 2HKO a +2 bisharp, while on the reverse side, +2 bisharp does not 2HKO with iron head. (Last time I checked anyways) Mandibuzz is definitely a much better choice against porygon2, because of this new knock off obsession. Another thing: Utility rotom-w totally ruins your team, the only checks being goodra and porygon. Neither of which can do anything to rotom. the latter can toxic, but that's it. Same with mixed aegis, except porygon can't do much, fire blast being the only move that can do anything.

I personally am a fan of AV goodra. Its bulky, has great coverage, and hits pretty hard. However, I recommend taking out sludge bomb. I see where you're coming from, to get fairies and all, but think about it. Several fairies have a secondary steel typing, rendering sludge bomb useless. The 3 main fairies right now: Florges and Sylveon, both couldn't give 2 shits about a sludge bomb, and azumarill, which A. You shouldn't stay out against azu. And B. If you do, Thunderbolt will do more damage. I suggest replacing sludge bomb with focus blast, or if accuracy is something that you want, then you could run ice beam/hydro pump. I like focus blast for heatran, but ice beam gets a lot of things for x4 super effective. Hydro pump is sort of a middle ground between the 2, hits heatran hard, and gets a lot of things that ice beam does.

I don't really have time so I'm just going to say this really quick, but you should try weakness policy agiligross. It has the bulk to take a super effective hit and after an agility and +2 attack it's unstoppable.

Ok .. I like the input for Metagross with the extra Speed EVs and Weakness Policy ...

I understand about Tyranitar (not too worried about mega's) and no recovery ... I realised that since Goodra is my special wall I may as well have a dedicated normal wall .. so will replace Tyranitar for Mandibuzz .. but with out SR in my team is there any need for Whirlwind?

I atm want to keep pory2 cos he provides nice all round bulk .. but Talonflame seems too much of a Glass Cannon ... So I was thinking of maybe changing him for my Celebi

Celebi @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
EVe: 4 HP - 252 SpAtk - 252 Speed
Timid
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

This would sort out Rotom and the Dazzling Gleam would be nice against dragons or other types that would try to wall. Fifa drain would also be useful against Gliscor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)