Ah, that shark (First RMT)

Hello everyboy! So this is my first RMT, one of the few reasons why I wanted to make this team it's to use Sharpedo in OU, and it was pretty amazing. I worked around it with synergy and stuff, so here it is!

TEAM BUILDING

So obviously, Sharpedo it's the star of the team. I wanted to make it a Mixed sweeper, because oh god it's so good. Speed Boost as the obvious choice. You may think "Why Sharpedo? There are better mons in OU, you know.." The reason why I pick Sharpedo it's because basically hits anything so hard under rain, bar Ferrothorn and Keldeo. If it gets at least two boosts and you lack priority/Ferrothorn, this things it's going to kill something.

So I wanted rain support, and politoed was the obvious choice in the team. I mean, Sharpedo is a fucking beast under rain. Seriously, try it. Also, this Politoed can beat Baton Pass teams, although rare, were a PAIN to face to the team when I was testing it. Politoed can do a lot of things to the team, like Toxic some annoying things like Gastrodon and opposing Weather inducers, which is a plus because I need rain no matter what.

So, I wanted to make another rain abuser, and Tornadus-T was the one. Tornadus-T is an insane sweeper under rain, and it's oh so fast. Beeing the fastest natural pokemon in OU bar Jolteon it's nothing to be ashamed of. I mean, the thing even outspeeds Scarf Tyranitar and can dispatch it with a swift superpower. Also, it can OHKO right off the bat Amoonguss with a Hurricane, that's a plus.

At this point, my team gets wrecked by basically any Electric-type attack, and that's not good because Electric is a common offensive type in OU. So, here's Thundurus-T. At first I was skeptical about it because I don't think it could be as good as Jolteon, but boy was I wrong. Thundurus-T worked amazingly with my team, and it has done it's job in such a beautiful way.

So, my team so far is vulnerable to Entry Hazards. I wanted a spinner. I tested Starmie first, but I didn't like another Electric weakness. Then, I came up with Forretress. I think Forretress has the most important job in the team: spin. If the opponent lacks a Ghost-Type, I can just spin away those annoying rocks/spikes, and trust me, Sharpedo does not like Toxic Spikes with a Life Orb under it's belt. Forretress also con set up some rocks for my benefit, and Volt Switch away from those annoying Magnezones.

My team got destroyed by a couple of set-up sweepers, like Double Dance Terrakion, Dragonite, Haxorus, etc... And I needed SOMETHING to stop them. Quagsire was the answer. Quagsire is so amazing. It can come in in any Dragonite, Toxic it, and just recover off the damge. Also, it gave another Electric resist which is nice, because I don't think Thundurus-T alone would have done that very well.

So now, to the team!

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic
- Perish Song

So obviously, since this is a rain team, I needed Politoed. I decided to go for the defensive set and not the Choice set because I think a defensive set is just better.
The set is pretty self explanatory: Scald to burn those annoying Dragons/Fighting (Bar Conkeldurr and something else), Protect to scout the move, Toxic to damage them and works really good with protect, and Perish Song to just fuck up with those ANNOYING Baton Pass teams, and can also fuck up those set-up sweepers as leads, unless is a Gyarados with Taunt.
Politoed also can tank a hit! It can take anything Tyranitar throws at it, unless is a Choice Band set, and Ninetales can't do anything to Politoed unless it runs Will-O-Wisp, which is rare. Sadly, politoed gets smashed by Abomasnow, but obviously I'm not going to loss my little frog that early.
The EVs are just there: 252 HP for more bulk, and 252 Def to just thank physicall hits as much as he can.

Politoed is a very important member of the team, because If I have won the weather war, then it's just easier for me to pull a Sharpedo Sweep.

Thundurus-T @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Voltswitch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice

I was very worried about the addition of Thundurus-T to the team, becasue honestly, I thought Jolteon was just better overall. I wish I had a time machine to take back to time and slap me for thinking that. With a Choice Scarf equiped, Thundurus-T becames an insane Revenge Killer.
Thunder is for that powerful STAB, which is as strong as Tornadus-Ts Life Orb Hurricane, I think. But to be honest, I barely use it. I have Voltswitch. I mean, you can just look at the team preview, confirm if your oponent has a Ground-type or a Volt Absorb mon, if it doesn't, then you can just click Voltswitch and something is getting hurt. If it switches into a Grass-type, Tornadus-T. Focus Blast is there to beat Steel-types, specially Ferrothorn. Hidden Power Ice is for those annoying Gliscor/Landorus switch ins, and hopefully kill them off.
The EVs are pretty straight forward: 252 SAtk and a Modest nature because it's just strong as hell, and you know, 252 Spd because it's Scarfed, you know.

Overall, Thundurus-T works amazingly with this team.

Tornadus-T @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-Turn
- Hidden Power Ice

Tornadus-T is amazing under rain, even without rain is threatening sweeper. It can OHKO any Tyranitar, which is just amazing and do CHUNKS of damage to Blissey, who otherwise walls half of my team. It also gives me a nice counter to Breloom, who destroys my star.
Hurricane serves as an amazing STAB move. With 319 SAtk and a Life Orb, a Hurricane under rain it's going to hurt unless you have Jirachi or Heatran. Superpower is mainly for Tyranitar, I don't know if Focus Blast con KO it in sand, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't even 3HKOs Blissey, so there it goes Focus Blast. Hidden Power Ice seems pretty weird, but I needed something for some dragons out there.
The EVs are pretty basic, so I don't know if I should explain them or not, but I will: 252 EVs on Speed and a Naive nature because it tops an amazing 374, and I don't want to lose power on Superpower (Strange huh?), 252 SAtk EVs for more raw power.

Tornadus-T is an amazing addition to basically any rain team. Seriously, try it.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Voltswitch
- Earthquake

So, Forretress is quite possibly the most important memeber of the team, and a good one at that. Forretress can come in in any dragon, spin away, set up some hazards, and his job it's done. Obviously, with well-played hazards inducers it can be a pain to Spin, but usuallly they are not that hard to deal with.
Stealth Rcok is the best entry hazard in the game in my opinion, stripping away 25% of health to those Flying, Fire and Ice types. Rapid Spin is just obvious and I don't think I need to explain the move. Voltswitch is to escape from the Espeon/Xatu switch in, gaining momentum and going into my beast with no hazards in field, killing something. Earthquake is to fuck up with Heatran and Magnezone switch ins, unless they carry an Air Balloon.
I wanted something to tank those Choice locked dragons/Outrage, and the EVs allow me to do that: 252 HP for more natural bulk and take some weak Special Attacks, and 252 Def to tank basically anything, even a +1 Fire Punch from Dragonite doesn't KO this thing under rain. That's awesome.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earthquake

Quagsire is also one of the most important members, stopping set-up sweepers, with the exception of Grass-types. I think this is an standard Quagsire, but I'll explain it anyways.
Quagsire is a great answer to almost all dragons, possibly burning them with Scald and rendering them useless for the rest of the match, and the recover off the damage. If Quagsire faces something that he can toxic or burn, like Tyranitar, then awesome, I have something Burned/Toxic'd. I mean, is endless the amount of times Quagsire has helped me with Terrakion, who otherwise would just destroy me with as a Double Dancer.
The moveset is obvious: Scald to fuck up the physicall threats (but Conkeldurr, who is a bitch to deal with if it's burned in the switch with Drain Punch), Toxic to annoy the things that I don't want burned or that can't be burned, recover to just make Quagsire invincible throughout the match, an Earthquake to deal decent damage to a couple of times, like Ninetales.
Quagsire is really, really bulky, and you obviously want 252 HP and 252 Def EVs to tank many physicall hits as possible.

However, I need something to take on special threats, and I'm considering changing Quagsire to Gastrodon with Clear Smog, but I just don't want to get rid off Qaugsire. I mean, look at it. It's cute as fuck.

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 148 Atk / 252 SpA / 108 Spd
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Protect

So here it is. This beast. Seriously. Sharpedo is a fucking beast under rain with two boosts. If the opponent lacks a Ferrothorn or a Keldeo, or a bulky mon, then Sharpedo is likely to kill a lot of things.
I wanted a MixShark, because it's just an amazing Mixed Sweeper. If there are are rocks in the field, Skarmory gets KOed with a Hydro Pump without rain. Blissey gets KOed by Crunch if it has under 60% of Health, and with two Speed Boosts, I can revenge kill things like the three Genies, Terrakion, Dragonite with Rocks (Unless it has Extreme Speed, which is sadly common) and something else.
Sharpedo hates bulky things, even the ones that can take a move, like Jellicent, because Sharpedo gets KOed by pretty much ANYTHING. That's the moment when Stealth Rocks by Forretress come in field. The rocks can help me a lot in scoring a lot of KOs, and it's obviously great to pull a Sharpedo Sweep.
Hydro Pump under rain is scary to face, coming from 317 Special Attack, with a Life Orb, and in rain. Hell, it's even stronger than a super-effective Crunch.​

IMPORTABLE
Code:
Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic
- Perish Song

Thundurus-T @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Voltswitch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice

Tornadus-T @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-Turn
- Hidden Power Ice

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Voltswitch
- Earthquake

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Earthquake

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 148 Atk / 252 SpA / 108 Spd
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Protect
CONCLUSION

So this is everything. I wanted to make a team around Sharpedo, and here it is. I'm still testing the team on the Pokemon México server under the name [DKW] Hotoshimi, and I'm getting pretty succesful results. But seriously, if you are using a Rain team, use Sharpedo, you won't be dissapointed with that big old Shark.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi

Nice team, Sharpedo is really a beast like you say. However, I think it could use a little bit more support. Sharpedo can really hurt most of the things it hits but like you said, it can't afford to take hits back, which is the reason why it has less usage. You need to guarentee that Sharpedo is going to OHKO everything in its path, or else you lose your sweeper. Getting more residual damage is key to have more KOs secured and just a single layer of Stealth Rock isn't really a lot of damage. Sure, stripping off 12% of most of the things that come up is great, but when it comes to bulkier things, it won't be enough. Swapping Earthquake for Spikes on your Forretress can really help this. Spikes is stackable up to 3 times, which is going to remove 25% off your opponent's health. Sharpedo can certainly use that. Then, what you use Earthquake for is Heatran and Magnezone. You have Volt Switch to escape Magnezone or just quickly go to Sharpedo while Heatran is coming in, giving you a free Speed Boost turn which honestly could help more than just hit Heatran hard with Earthquake. I don't think you lose much in that change.

Also, the standard Leftovers Rotom-W could be very troublesome for your team to deal with. While you have Thundurus-T which is immune to Electric to stop it from Volt Switching (Quagsire is slower than Rotom-W and Hydro Pump annihilates it), if you come in on Hydro Pump you're really screwed against it, because it will have a free path to spam Volt Switch and really weaken your team, because you have a lot of Electric weaknesses. I think that only a somewhat well played one could be problematic, but still, being in that situation could mean heavy losses. Changing your Revenge Killer could be an excellent idea, and the swap from Scarf Thundurus-T to Choice Scarf Latios could be an excellent one. Latios can take Rotom-W's attacks and destroy it with Draco Meteor, while also keeping excellent Revenge Killing potential, having a solid base 110 Speed, which allows it to outspeed the same threats as Thundurus-T. While you lose Volt Switch support which could be important, you gain an excellent check against most Water types as well as some Fighting types.

One last thing, you would probably really appreciate dropping Focus Blast on Tornadus-T. It is very redundant with Superpower as you'll probably be spamming Hurricanes unless you see Blissey or Tyranitar anyway, making Focus Blast somewhat... useless. Sure, you can blast things like Magnezone but you can catch them on the switch with Superpower too. U-turn could be a much more appropriate move in this slot as it allows you to scout the enemy team while getting your Regenerator bonus in the same time. Since it's very fast it could always be useful, and you could catch some easy Sharpedo bait off guard, earning you a free Speed Boost turn.

Here's the set you should use:
@ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-Psyshock
-Trick

Good luck!

Hi

Nice team, Sharpedo is really a beast like you say. However, I think it could use a little bit more support. Sharpedo can really hurt most of the things it hits but like you said, it can't afford to take hits back, which is the reason why it has less usage. You need to guarentee that Sharpedo is going to OHKO everything in its path, or else you lose your sweeper. Getting more residual damage is key to have more KOs secured and just a single layer of Stealth Rock isn't really a lot of damage. Sure, stripping off 12% of most of the things that come up is great, but when it comes to bulkier things, it won't be enough. Swapping Earthquake for Spikes on your Forretress can really help this. Spikes is stackable up to 3 times, which is going to remove 25% off your opponent's health. Sharpedo can certainly use that. Then, what you use Earthquake for is Heatran and Magnezone. You have Volt Switch to escape Magnezone or just quickly go to Sharpedo while Heatran is coming in, giving you a free Speed Boost turn which honestly could help more than just hit Heatran hard with Earthquake. I don't think you lose much in that change.

Also, the standard Leftovers Rotom-W could be very troublesome for your team to deal with. While you have Thundurus-T which is immune to Electric to stop it from Volt Switching (Quagsire is slower than Rotom-W and Hydro Pump annihilates it), if you come in on Hydro Pump you're really screwed against it, because it will have a free path to spam Volt Switch and really weaken your team, because you have a lot of Electric weaknesses. I think that only a somewhat well played one could be problematic, but still, being in that situation could mean heavy losses. Changing your Revenge Killer could be an excellent idea, and the swap from Scarf Thundurus-T to Choice Scarf Latios could be an excellent one. Latios can take Rotom-W's attacks and destroy it with Draco Meteor, while also keeping excellent Revenge Killing potential, having a solid base 110 Speed, which allows it to outspeed the same threats as Thundurus-T. While you lose Volt Switch support which could be important, you gain an excellent check against most Water types as well as some Fighting types.

One last thing, you would probably really appreciate dropping Focus Blast on Tornadus-T. It is very redundant with Superpower as you'll probably be spamming Hurricanes unless you see Blissey or Tyranitar anyway, making Focus Blast somewhat... useless. Sure, you can blast things like Magnezone but you can catch them on the switch with Superpower too. U-turn could be a much more appropriate move in this slot as it allows you to scout the enemy team while getting your Regenerator bonus in the same time. Since it's very fast it could always be useful, and you could catch some easy Sharpedo bait off guard, earning you a free Speed Boost turn.

Here's the set you should use:
@ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-Psyshock
-Trick

Good luck!
Thanks for the rate!

I'm definetely switching Earthquake to Spikes, I barely see a Magnezone/Heatran and I can predict correctly and use Volt Switch to escape from them.

Also, I'm definetely trying that Latios. Looks very cool, and I haven't tried a Choice Scarf latios since like, never. And also, Latios is not weak to SR, and it's so annoying to bring Thundurus-T on a layer of rocks if Forretress is down.

Oh and BTW, I meant U-Turn on Tornadus-T, I have no idea why I put Focus Blast in there lol.

Thanks! :)

Asek

Banned deucer.
Hey,
So looking at your team, I find it very solid, its nice to see Sharpedo getting some attention in OU. I did notice that you have a nasty weakness to SD and CM Virizion. Tornadus is a cool answer and all but the switch will be fairly obvious and Tornadus does not like taking Stone Edge and to a lesser extent HP [ICE] on the switch. Strong water attacks look troublesome for your team as with the Rain boost, Politoed is your only one who can take a hit and he has no means of recovery meaning he can't take many of these hits. As Jirachi said Rotom-W is also troublesome for the team to face. Gastrodon also seems to be troublesome for your team to face as you don't really have a way to hit it really hard with your team being specially based and you have no ways to SFE hit it.

OK looking at Tornadus I though that HP [ICE] wasn't that necessary considering you have 2 other carriers of ice type moves on your team. Thats why I suggest you use HP [GRASS] > HP [ICE] on Tornadus. This gives you a way to beat Gastrodon and as a bonus you can also beat other stuff such as Quagsire and even lets you dent Rotom-W on the switch

Now for an answer to Virizion and water attacks I think you should try out Specially Defensive Amoonguss > Quagsire.you said you wanted to use Clear Smog Gastrodon but Amoonguss does what he does and more, although he can't burn stuff. Amoonguss can check the majority of special attackers in OU much like your Quagsire does, but Amoonguss also beats Rotom-W and Virizion with his good typing and bulk. Set up sweepers will lose all their boost's to clear smog and Amoonguss can recover its HP using Giga Drain and Regenerator and also can render a dangerous pokemon useless with Spore.

GL with the team, Amoonguss set below
Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm (+SpD -Atk)
EV's: 252HP / 4Def/ 252SpD
Spore / Stun Spore / Giga Drain / Clear Smog

hi! this is my first rate, so i'll try to help you if i can.

At first, sharpedo is an incredible pokemon with a great damage power, but in your team i see some problems, for example thundurus tornadus and sharpedo too, need a lot of the forretress's spinning, but this pokemon is not immortal.
You have also problem with hurricane and DMeteor spam where there's no one who can ''absorb'' this moves without a lot of damage.
the last problem is submindkeldeo, where under the sub can do a lot of damage to every member of your team.

A solution to this problems can be jirachi > quagsire where you can absorb Dmeteor and hurrican, use wish on your forretress and sharpedo who can die easy with the orb's recoil ad if you want, give him stealth rock and give forretress spikes without remove earthquake who can ''help'' you for example with submindrachi (lol i have a really obsession with submind people XD), or set the toxic spikes or also hit tentacruel.

About rachi, i used a really lol set but usefull a lot of time, especially in bw2, where the 4th slot is zen heatbutt or psyshock for keldeo, amoongos, tentacruel, gengar (?) and fight.
This move in the end is a psychic iron head with 10% less of accuracy but it help usually help me.

I hope to be helpfull for you, this is the first time i'll do a rate and also sorry for my horrible english

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)