Aldaron's war story: Olympic Glory (Aldaron) vs. Light

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
great warstory =D. Thanks for your explanation about using Shuckle; I respect it more now, although it ended up as a perfect opportunity for setting up Swords dance, forcing back Shuckle as a sacrifice! haa xp

Oh!

You're Olympic Glory...I had a great battle with you a couple days ago...almost warstoried it but its to much work lol...

Congrats on a good battle

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey guys, I’m glad you found it to be an enjoyable read. I’m just going to randomly respond to a few of your comments. I also made a few corrections, and edited in the team sprites, just to make it an easier read.

That was a pretty darned nice battle and great moves on both sides, IMO. The spectators were annoying though.
Some of the spectator comments were just great, and I felt obliged to include Pinguster in there.

Nice match. It was interesting to see Shuckle doing something, and Stealth Rock really does make a huge difference.
Shuckle is very interesting. In terms of the Toxic + Rest combination, only Steels, Poisons, Sub-users and Resters wall it. In sand, it actually becomes the perfect Toxic + Rester, as many SE attacks are 4HKOs on it. Of course, the Shuckle isn’t only hurting the opponent through Toxic, but setting up that essential Stealth Rock.

I’m hoping people realize exactly how useful a Toxic, Rest, Stealth Rock, Knock Off set on Shuckle is, and its usage increases, because it is honestly very impressive. In sand, it’s arguably the best mixed wall; it Toxic + Rests and only has those aforementioned walls; sets up Stealth Rock and knocks off the opponent's item when necessary. Just overall a top grade utility pokemon.

Well written, well presented and a great Warstory too.

I don't know why the ending was given away before the actual ending.
Thanks, Taylor. Do you mean I reveal it at the end when Lucario has Swords Dance’d up? Or some other time?

great warstory =D. Thanks for your explanation about using Shuckle; I respect it more now, although it ended up as a perfect opportunity for setting up Swords dance, forcing back Shuckle as a sacrifice! haa xp
Just to show exactly how effective it can be, let me provide some calculations. My Shuckle has 244 HP, 614 defense, and 497 special defense, or 745 special defense in sand. This 244 HP, 614 defense, 744 special defense wall takes:

42% on average from a 350 special attack, Life Orb boosted Draco Meteor from Salamence

37.5% on average from a 394 attack Outrage from Scarf Chomp

48% on average from a 350 special attack, Choice Specs Boosted DM from Mence

42% on average from a surf from the normal 216 special attack Suicune after one Calm Mind

Basically, it easily takes neutral hits from both sides of the spectrum, and even laughs at a lot of SE attacks. You ask what Shuckle is going to do to prevent Suicune from Calm Minding? Assuming the neutral situation where both are switched in simultaneously, Knock off (while he CMs), Toxic (while he Surfs…I’m at around 64% with lefties), then Rest if I predict another Surf, or Knock off again if I predict a Calm Mind. In either case, the Suicune is hit with at least 3 turns of Toxic + Sandstream damage without leftovers, which normally leads to a Rest. Then I bring in Chomp or Luke to Swords Dance and cripple it.

Your second point is valid, though the most irritating instance so far isn’t necessarily the occasional enforced sacrifice, but the free switch in it provides to Breloom. Breloom is annoying lol.

Oh!

You're Olympic Glory...I had a great battle with you a couple days ago...almost warstoried it but its to much work lol...

Congrats on a good battle
Sure you didn’t disconnect ;)? Anyway, you should War Story it…get over your laziness :P

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I wish I had been spared the Spectators idiocy, but that was a great battle, and a great warstory.

Dang good Battle & Warstory, OG/Aldaron. d('_'d) (b'_')b

Can't believe I missed such a great fight XD Should have played Phantom Hourglass less... ^^ Hope you remember me. :P

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
evlJunior has entered the room. (Our good friend Junior)
I am honored. =')

evlJunior: wun moar (Zaksam and Junior should start a club)
Lol.

evlJunior: Luke is awesome (? Where did that come from…)
I had lag then so yeah.

evlJunior: alawls (Seriously, these two need to start a club)
Lol.

evlJunior: Atheist
evlJunior: care for a game of go? (Junior’s 5 second attention span)
I get bored easily! I can't help it. =(

evlJunior: warstory'd! (How wise you are, Junior)
I know right?

Anyway, nice battle and quite fun to watch. At least the parts I didn't tune out on.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I dunno, I seem to find Encore a lot more useful on Shuckle most of the time since it can completely ruin set-ups, such as a Calm Minding Suicune. My Shuckle's always go Encore/Stealth Rock/Rest/Knock Off, but I suppose I do carry a lot of things that benefit from Encore such as Dugtrio most of the time.

Right at the end there I was like "Why doesn't he just Crunch the Celebi?" . . . and then I realized you didn't have Crunch on your Lucario.

Out of curiosity, what's your moveset?

EDIT: Forgot to say great warstory.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ah, this has encouraged me to get back into reading warstories. I was beginning to give up hope; this is the first well-written and presented one I've come across in quite some time. Nice battle, too.

Kudos to you.

Not only well writen, but also an incredible battle. You really performed an excellent plan that made you get over a bad situation despite your opponent's skill (yes, I appreciate light a lot).

I'd like to see more of that lucario/suckle. Also good prediction when you ice beamed garchomp, and what an awesome tyra magnaging, it seemed to take a lot of hits and still live to wreck havoc.

See you!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just to show exactly how effective it can be, let me provide some calculations. My Shuckle has 244 HP, 614 defense, and 497 special defense, or 745 special defense in sand. This 244 HP, 614 defense, 744 special defense wall takes:

42% on average from a 350 special attack, Life Orb boosted Draco Meteor from Salamence

37.5% on average from a 394 attack Outrage from Scarf Chomp

48% on average from a 350 special attack, Choice Specs Boosted DM from Mence

42% on average from a surf from the normal 216 special attack Suicune after one Calm Mind

Basically, it easily takes neutral hits from both sides of the spectrum, and even laughs at a lot of SE attacks. You ask what Shuckle is going to do to prevent Suicune from Calm Minding? Assuming the neutral situation where both are switched in simultaneously, Knock off (while he CMs), Toxic (while he Surfs…I’m at around 64% with lefties), then Rest if I predict another Surf, or Knock off again if I predict a Calm Mind. In either case, the Suicune is hit with at least 3 turns of Toxic + Sandstream damage without leftovers, which normally leads to a Rest. Then I bring in Chomp or Luke to Swords Dance and cripple it.

Your second point is valid, though the most irritating instance so far isn’t necessarily the occasional enforced sacrifice, but the free switch in it provides to Breloom. Breloom is annoying lol.
Heh, yea, being able to take both the most powerful and popular Dragon attacks like a defensive steel from both physical and special side and then Rest it away is very impressive.

Also confirming Shuckle's competence after Light screwed me over with it. I haxed his Sandstreamer, which he immediately sacrificed without much thought, but that was all he needed to start whittling down at my team =/. And yea, Breloom IS annoying (he finished my team / the match with it after outpredicting my rather less thought-out moves) D8.

So, I'm posting this with a new respect for your team and how you played it in this battle. GG to both of you (and to Light against me).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)