All Monkeys. All the Time

This is the ultimate monkey team. Using the sheer force of Darmanitan and Primeape's Vital Spirit, the Technical prowess of Ambipom, and the Super Monkey Brothers, my opponent's team will shiver in fear of their might.

Ambipom

N: Adamant
A: Technician
I: Life Orb
Ev: 4 hp / 252 atk / 252 Spe
~Taunt
~Fake Out
~Pursuit
~U-Turn

With this build, I'm going for the hardest hitting Ambipom you can get. Life orb and Adamant and Technician all together make him pretty powerful. fake out is pretty obvious and I have Pursuit to get rid of pesky psychics and U-turn to get the heck out of dodge when i'm in trouble. Taunt is nice against all those set-up teams. Taunt can also stop spikes and other entry hazards that can hurt my team a lot.

Primeape

N: Jolly
A: Vital Spirit
I: Choice Scarf
Ev: 4 hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~U-Turn
~Punishment
~Close Combat
~Ice Punch

Primeape is still my favorite pokemon and continues to be so. It's a pretty basic revenge killing set. He can also be a good scout with U-Turn as well. ice punch is to have better accuracy (than Stone Edge) when dealing with flyers and Dragons. Being scarfed means that he can get some good revenge kills and the type coverage deals with just about everything.

Simisage:

N: Quirky
A: Gluttony
I: Salac Berry
Ev: 128 Atk / 128 SpA / 252 Spe
~Work Up
~Leaf Storm
~Acrobatics
~Crunch

Work Up once, barely survive an attack and sweep like a boss. Once I've eaten my berry I'll be faster and I'll be able to use Acrobat to its fullest power. The monkeys work well in tandem because I can switch into a not very effective attack and get the salac boost and work up on the switch out and proceed to wreck. His coverage is allright but not the best all the monkeys are decent at best and this set is meant to capitalize on the gluttony ability.

Simipour:

N: Modest
Ev: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Nasty Plot
~Ice Beam
~Hydro Pump
~Hidden Power (Fighting)

Nasty Plot once, barely survive an attack and sweep like a boss. Once I've eaten my berry I'll be faster and I'll be able to use my extensive coverage to handle nearly all threats. The monkeys work well in tandem because I can switch into a not very effective attack and get the salac boost and nasty plot on the switch out and proceed to wreck. His coverage is allright but not the best. all the monkeys are decent at best and this set is meant to capitalize on the gluttony ability.

Simisear:

N: Modest
Ev: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Nasty Plot
~Fire Blast
~Grass Knot
~Hidden Power (Ground)

Nasty Plot once, barely survive an attack and sweep like a boss. Once I've eaten my berry I'll be faster and I'll be able to use my extensive coverage to handle nearly all threats. The monkeys work well in tandem because I can switch into a not very effective attack and get the salac boost and nasty plot on the switch out and proceed to wreck. His coverage is allright but not the best. all the monkeys are decent at best and this set is meant to capitalize on the gluttony ability. I chose HP ground over Ice because most of my other pokemon can handle the dragon types with their own ice attacks. HP ground will help cover Sear's bases.

Darmanitan:

N: Adamant
A: Sheer Force
I: Choice Band
Ev: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~Flare Blitz
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Superpower

Power thy name is Darmanitan. To say this guy is one of the most powerful monkeys in the game is an understatement. This guy is a pure powerhouse and will wreck whatever switches in on it. has great coverage for about every situation. With his sheer force ability. Flare Blitz will be even more powerful than usual and will do considerable damage even against not very effective types.

All in all monkeys rule. I'd love to have some helpful suggestions. Thanks.

And nidoking.

Do you really need 6 monkeys? maybe use a wildcard, a monkey master!?
even monotype teams use a wildcard.

I Love the idea though. keep it up. and you need priority moves... as Azurmarill count as a monkey?
Infernape over Simisear for strong physical fighting moves like Mach Punch.
It can also set up SR.

Look for a NAPE set that can setup and provide you with a much needed priority move.

p.s.
Mankey
Primeape
Aipom
Ambipom
Slaking
Chimchar
Monferno
Infernape
Yanappu
Yanakkiee
Baopu
Baokiee
Hiyappu
Hiyakiee

Darmanitan and Ambipom are pretty good, with good type coverage. Simisear is okay. I never really found a good use for Grass Knot, but I don't know what you would replace it with. For Simipour, I would replace Hydro Pump (I know it takes away it's only STAB move) or Nasty Plot with Acrobatics. This will help cover it's grass-type weakness, plus a few other types not covered. The losing it's berry thing will still work like it does with Simisage. Speaking of which, I would replace Leaf Storm with another Grass-type physical move (Seed Bomb?), as Work Up will help with that more than Leaf Storm, and no stats will be lowered.

Your choice of monkeys isn't bad, but I would've gone with Infernape instead of Primeape or Ambipom. Your team is also full of sweepers, with nothing defensive. Slaking maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)