Resource Almost Any Ability Resources

Fini, mage, bulky manaphy, buzzwole and most skarms are ALL reliable switchins to weavile and they happend to be A+. S- is way too high for it..i wouldnt even say A but that would be like the borderline. it might mess up some offences, but Balance is dominating the tier atm..just look at all the bulky mons chillin at A+ and Mage. Personally, none of my offences are that weak to weavile so idk why everyone is hyping it up...but imma go with the flow
I agree many checks exist for Weavile. However the reason why I would say Weavile deserves that high rank is because of the matchup situation it makes against Ghost- and Psychic-types. Most of them, barring the likes of Victini (which is OHKO'd by BP 40 Choice Band Adapt Pursuit after a single defense drop followed by V-create) and others are not viable due to them being revenge killed easily. I can witness how many frail targets even besides Ghost and Psychic types are commonly trapped and removed by Weavile.

I believe this is similar to how Tyranitar still has high rank in OU despite the new 'mons introduced in SM generation mostly beating Tyranitar; it has a very near-exclusive access to being a Pursuit trapper (besides rare and less viable lolan Muk) that can handle the likes of Latios and Gengar. Likewise, Weavile is the strongest Pursuit trapper in AAA at this point that is not only capable of threatening Ghost and Psychic types but is able to Pursuit trapping most offensive threats with its sheer power, OHKOing uninvested Landorus-T (guaranteed OHKO after rocks). Even if there are myriad of switch-ins available for Weavile, it still fulfills its role by basically trapping and killing everything. I can confidently say at least a council member or two can prove this point valid.

keep rocks down, have a mon that can come in once or twice like infernape/genesect/lucario and revenge kill it with HO. for Balance, literally just pick one of the defensive mons in A+ or mage and u'll be fine. also pursuit goes both ways, the user has some risk as well... i agree it does fuck up quite a few mons in HO with pursuit and 50/50s, but it doesnt come into shit and they have to sacrafice a mon to bring it in...
if u use HO, it can 6-0 if ur team is shit, but if u got at least 1 scarfer that isnt weak to ice shard, espeeder and a reliable rock setter (all 3 should already be a must for most offences) u'll be fine

Sylveon.

formerly darksylvion
Well in all fairness, weavile isn't "hyped" because of it's power at all lol. Well, everyone knows fini, magearna, Buzzwole etc switch into weavile really well. But like that isn't the issue at all. Access to Pursuit + Base Speed of 125 is what is "hyped" about it. You are seriously under-estimating the capability of a strong pursuit in Offensive match-ups and offense can't really afford to have their frail breakers trapped or their pivots just knocked off unlike bulkier teams. Lets say Victini, a really popular pivot and scarfer for HO teams, it just gets trapped after a v-create whether it switches out or not. Not to say it can even bother balance a ton if your team relies on stuff like volcarona to break through teams, as they just get trapped so easily and like knock is never a bad move too spam specially early in a game. Though I have to admit it doesn't bother stall much, so I guess that's a win on your part.

Weavile will never 6-0 your team but what it does is that it plays really dangerous mind-games due to high speed (Issue with tyranitar) and still boasting more than enough power versus neutral targets. Again, this isn't my appeal to ban weavile or some stuff, but the statement that weavile 6-0s if your team is shit is just stupid. I am pretty sure no one is crying about weavile being too strong to switch into, it's just the fast pursuit which bothers people.

Well in all fairness, weavile isn't "hyped" because of it's power at all lol. Well, everyone knows fini, magearna, Buzzwole etc switch into weavile really well. But like that isn't the issue at all. Access to Pursuit + Base Speed of 125 is what is "hyped" about it. You are seriously under-estimating the capability of a strong pursuit in Offensive match-ups and offense can't really afford to have their frail breakers trapped or their pivots just knocked off unlike bulkier teams. Lets say Victini, a really popular pivot and scarfer for HO teams, it just gets trapped after a v-create whether it switches out or not. Not to say it can even bother balance a ton if your team relies on stuff like volcarona to break through teams, as they just get trapped so easily and like knock is never a bad move too spam specially early in a game. Though I have to admit it doesn't bother stall much, so I guess that's a win on your part.

Weavile will never 6-0 your team but what it does is that it plays really dangerous mind-games due to high speed (Issue with tyranitar) and still boasting more than enough power versus neutral targets. Again, this isn't my appeal to ban weavile or some stuff, but the statement that weavile 6-0s if your team is shit is just stupid. I am pretty sure no one is crying about weavile being too strong to switch into, it's just the fast pursuit which bothers people.
Fast and strong pursuit user is nice. Too bad it takes 25% from rocks, and doesn't switch into shit... Also yall act like it can just pursuit safely with no concequences, but it takes a big risk everytime it uses it. If the conquences weren't that big when pursuit fails(like tyra) then sure, it can be a+, but it's not the case. I've already mentioned all of this multiple times tho but its related to everything u guys bring up.
Still an amazing mon and ig it deserves a or a-, but nothing above that or a suspect lol

Sylveon.

formerly darksylvion
Fast and strong pursuit user is nice. Too bad it takes 25% from rocks, and doesn't switch into shit... Also yall act like it can just pursuit safely with no concequences, but it takes a big risk everytime it uses it. If the conquences weren't that big when pursuit fails(like tyra) then sure, it can be a+, but it's not the case. I've already mentioned all of this multiple times tho but its related to everything u guys bring up.
Still an amazing mon and ig it deserves a or a-, but nothing above that or a suspect lol
Lol, do you even think through your posts before posting. No one is calling for a suspect but the fact that weavile's pursuit trapping abilities are being brought up so much recently is because of the fact that right now the whole meta is filled with 2 kinds of mons( in a black and white kind of way, don't take this literally and come up with examples), super tanky ones and frail offensive mons used to break through them, and almost most of the second half are trapped by weavile, and don't make it as if being able to pursuit trap something is a disadvantage as it is your opponent who is at a greater risk. As simple as it is, weavile doesn't need to kill 5-6 mons to be threatening, all it needs to do is eliminate those 1-2 mons and it is as efficient at it as they come. If you can't understand that, instead of blaming everyone else for bringing up a mon which is genuinely threatening, I think you should play the meta a bit more.
Anyways sorry for extending this, I have said all I have to.

Lol, do you even think through your posts before posting. No one is calling for a suspect but the fact that weavile's pursuit trapping abilities are being brought up so much recently is because of the fact that right now the whole meta is filled with 2 kinds of mons( in a black and white kind of way, don't take this literally and come up with examples), super tanky ones and frail offensive mons used to break through them, and almost most of the second half are trapped by weavile, and don't make it as if being able to pursuit trap something is a disadvantage as it is your opponent who is at a greater risk. As simple as it is, weavile doesn't need to kill 5-6 mons to be threatening, all it needs to do is eliminate those 1-2 mons and it is as efficient at it as they come. If you can't understand that, instead of blaming everyone else for bringing up a mon which is genuinely threatening, I think you should play the meta a bit more.
Anyways sorry for extending this, I have said all I have to.
the last part about A+ rank and suspect wasnt meant for u. lax been preaching about banning weavile for quite a while now, and thankfully no one agrees expect rng and probs a few other who i dont know. i agree with most of ur points(although i do think ur still overestimating it in the post), thats p much the only reason weavile is hyped up rn ig, BUT(im talking to people who want weavile to be suspected) its still not a good reason to put it up so high the vr or suspect, cause all of its flaws ive mentioned in my last 2 posts

Last edited:
: from A- to A
Golisopod is honestly insane w/ Triage + Leech Life. This thing can act as all of a revenge killer, pivot and a deadly set up sweeper in one and it's never pressured the same way other Pokemon who fill 2 or more roles are, because Leech Life recovers a good amount of HP and is really strong given its +3 priority. There's so many situations I've been in while playing this tier where I thought "damn how am I gonna kill this" but then I remember Golisopod either lives a hit, sets up and then kills or just straight up kills with a priority leech life. It's also fairly bulky which gives it a lot of set up opportunities. I do however see some flaws that hold this back from being any higher on the vr and those mainly being it kinda loses to/is set up fodder for focus sash dazzling minior and loses to randy unaware mons which this tier loves so much.. but i feel like its power vs offense is too good to be ignored imo. it's also a really good mamo, weavile, and zygarde check.

: from B- to B+
There's a fuckton of regenerator pivots, honestly, and two of them being magearna and meloetta, so you're thinking to yourself "what does this have over those two?", and the answer is quite simply not being forced to run assault vest so that frees up leftovers + access to stealth rock, knock off, and u-turn. mage and melo both learn volt switch and u-turn respectively but the former has to rely on guessing games vs ground-types and melo is frail on the physical side and doesn't set stealth rock. Uxie has honestly carried so many games for me its absurd. The amount of bulk this thing has is honestly just ridiculous lmao, it lived d.claw from +6 adamant kommo and i was legitimately shocked at that. I've been using it alongside anther u-turn mon (lando-t) and the two together are amazing pivots. Uxie works really well as a blanket check to anything you're unsure what will do. so for example if you see a mamoswine or a latios, you switch to uxie, live a hit or two, u-turn out and figure out what to do next. ridiculous bulk allowing it to blanket check lots of shit + access to u-turn/stealth rock/knock off gives this a big niche over any other regen pivot imo.

Last edited:
More or less looking for some clarification here, why is Mega Swampert not ranked? It gets rain and +2 speed first turn, and then in that same turn it can smash something with a rain boosted stab Waterfall. I really don't understand why it is not up there with some of the mons that are.

More or less looking for some clarification here, why is Mega Swampert not ranked? It gets rain and +2 speed first turn, and then in that same turn it can smash something with a rain boosted stab Waterfall. I really don't understand why it is not up there with some of the mons that are.
It's probably because Swampert only gets 5 turns of rain per battle, which is pretty easy to stall out.