Almost Any Ability XY (Suspect Over: Weavile banned, Keldeo Stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With stats like his there's bound to be more than one broken strategy. Those are the reason he had defeatist in the first place.
I'm pretty sure GF gave Archeops defeatist because they didn't want it to completely overshadow Carracosta, not for balance. Archeops is too frail and not quite fast enough (without any good boosting moves or real priority, mind you) to have stats that could be considered broken.

I'm pretty sure GF gave Archeops defeatist because they didn't want it to completely overshadow Carracosta, not for balance. Archeops is too frail and not quite fast enough (without any good boosting moves or real priority, mind you) to have stats that could be considered broken.
still there are bound to be other broken strats. You could lobby Oiawesome.

still there are bound to be other broken strats. You could lobby Oiawesome.
Would you say the same about the musketeers, the genies, Kyurem, pseudos, the pixies, Zygarde, the three birds, the lake trio, the regis, Meloetta, the Lati twins, Cresselia, Deoxys-D, Deoxys-S, and Heatran? Just curious.

Anyway, here's a set straight outta Hackmons:
Cinccino @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
-Sing (not even a sub will save you)
-Wake-Up Slap/U-turn
-Knock Off
-Return
You could also just go with Sing+Last Resort, Ambipom-style, or use a toxic orb and facade. Giga Impact for shiggles.

Sceptile can do the same superfast sleeper thing Cinccino can, but doesn't get U-turn or Knock Off, though it does appreciate No Guard for Leaf Storm and Focus Blast.

Technician Marowak hits so hard, Boonerang gets boosted to 150bp and can ko pokemon behind a sub or a sash, stone edge complements it really well, power up punch gets boosted to 60bp and can hit levitating steel type, aerial ace gets boosted to 90bp and destroys fighting types. After Weavile is dealt with, all it takes is a coil and shift gear boost from Smergle for Marowak to sweep.
Actually, because of STAB, Bonemerang will be boosted to 215 power... Plus Thick Club will double its Attack...
O.o

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
here's a set I've been playing around with and it's been extremely effective for me:

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Def
Calm Nature
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Destiny Bond
- Substitute

The moves are really self explanatory. Basically Toxic stall, and Destiny Bond to stop out of control sweepers. I run this on my HO (not counting aegis) team because it pretty much covers all the threats that I can't counter with my other pokes. (although I can check pretty much anything).

I'm not going to go through what seems to be 12 pages soooo I found out that tough claws Liepard is actually extremely good
Liepard @ Normal Gem
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
as usual Liepard is God Tier :]

I'm not going to go through what seems to be 12 pages soooo I found out that tough claws Liepard is actually extremely good
Liepard @ Normal Gem
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
Uh...

252 Atk Normal Gem Tough Claws Liepard Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cinccino: 88-104 (30.2 - 35.7%) -- 32.6% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cinccino: 82-97 (28.1 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO

Liepard is outpowered by quite a bit - and it's getting the Normal Gem, Tough Claws, and STAB boost.

Uh...

252 Atk Normal Gem Tough Claws Liepard Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cinccino: 88-104 (30.2 - 35.7%) -- 32.6% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cinccino: 82-97 (28.1 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO

Liepard is outpowered by quite a bit - and it's getting the Normal Gem, Tough Claws, and STAB boost.
who even uses Cincinno and Weavile in OU?

Liepard @ Normal Gem
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
Also wanted to add this, not sure if anyone posted but oh Whalord
Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz

canno

formerly The Reptile
who even uses Cincinno and Weavile in OU?
Cincinno was just used to show how Weavile is stronger. Also, Weavile is a huge threat in AAA because it can use Refrigerate, which is much stronger than Liepard's Tough Claws Fake Out.

252+ Atk Normal Gem Tough Claws Liepard Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo: 70-83 (19.8 - 23.5%) -- possible 5HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Weavile Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo: 114-136 (32.2 - 38.5%) -- 98.1% chance to 3HKO

It's notably stronger, and can be used more than once. Even Sash Weavile is stronger

252 Atk Refrigerate Weavile Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo: 88-105 (24.9 - 29.7%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO

Also, on the Volcarona set, Simple is banned, but Magic Guard is a great ability on Volcarona. Life Orb would be a better item on it though, as it takes no damage from Life Orb because of Magic Guard.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Cincinno was just used to show how Weavile is stronger. Also, Weavile is a huge threat in AAA because it can use Refrigerate, which is much stronger than Liepard's Tough Claws Fake Out.

252+ Atk Normal Gem Tough Claws Liepard Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo: 70-83 (19.8 - 23.5%) -- possible 5HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Weavile Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo: 114-136 (32.2 - 38.5%) -- 98.1% chance to 3HKO

It's notably stronger, and can be used more than once. Even Sash Weavile is stronger

252 Atk Refrigerate Weavile Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo: 88-105 (24.9 - 29.7%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO

Also, on the Volcarona set, Simple is banned, but Magic Guard is a great ability on Volcarona. Life Orb would be a better item on it though, as it takes no damage from Life Orb because of Magic Guard.
Refrigerate is a waste on Weavile IMO. Extreme speeders abuse refrigerate way more effectively than Weavile.

EV

Banned deucer.
Would you say the same about the musketeers, the genies, Kyurem, pseudos, the pixies, Zygarde, the three birds, the lake trio, the regis, Meloetta, the Lati twins, Cresselia, Deoxys-D, Deoxys-S, and Heatran? Just curious.

Anyway, here's a set straight outta Hackmons:
Cinccino @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
-Sing (not even a sub will save you)
-Wake-Up Slap/U-turn
-Knock Off
-Return
You could also just go with Sing+Last Resort, Ambipom-style, or use a toxic orb and facade. Giga Impact for shiggles.

Sceptile can do the same superfast sleeper thing Cinccino can, but doesn't get U-turn or Knock Off, though it does appreciate No Guard for Leaf Storm and Focus Blast.
I'd also consider Sleep Powder, since it's the safest sleep (besides Spore) in case someone packs Magic Bounce. No Guard Jumpluff is the fastest user at 110 Speed and has Infiltrator to act as a mock version of Sing to bypass subs. But we all know what kind of offenses it has ... so it would probably just U-turn out. At least it's not blocked by Soundproof, though. Does anyone use Soundproof btw? To block Boomburst etc.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Refrigerate is a waste on Weavile IMO. Extreme speeders abuse refrigerate way more effectively than Weavile.
I BEG TO DIFFER

Weavile is imo the most dangerous offensive mon in the tier with Refrigerate. It gets STAB + Fake Out + Quick Attack and extremely spammable and strong moves, idk what you're talking about? I made a post about it a few pages ago so I won't elab too much but if you're saying Refrigerate Weavile is bad then you're plain wrong :0

Yeah, I've been noticing a lot of Aerilate Dragonite flailing about with Extremespeed on the ladder lately. Good stuff. At least we don't have to deal with their Multiscale shenanigans anymore.

Speaking of which, I've been noticing that it's often hard for new/really casual OMers to "detox" from ordinary Pokemon and their abilities, especially those that are usually considered to be fundamental attributes of pokes (lookin' at you, Levitate!) I've slammed many a Gengar with an Earthquake in this meta, and I've savored each time.

I'd also consider Sleep Powder, since it's the safest sleep (besides Spore) in case someone packs Magic Bounce. No Guard Jumpluff is the fastest user at 110 Speed and has Infiltrator to act as a mock version of Sing to bypass subs. But we all know what kind of offenses it has ... so it would probably just U-turn out. At least it's not blocked by Soundproof, though. Does anyone use Soundproof btw? To block Boomburst etc.

Go with powder, you get shut down by safety goggles and overcoat and can't put grass types to sleep at all. It's really just kind of a trade-off. Soundproof seems like kind of an inferior answer to boomburst, since it doesn't guarantee a check against Dragonite as well, but I guess the sufficiently desperate could run it.

After playing around on this metagame, I have concluded that thank God this one only lasts one month!

Some thoughts:

- Pixilate, Refridgerate, and Aerialate all need to be banned asap. I slapped together a team of 4 extremespeed users each with one of the abilities, and it has proven incredibly hard to beat

- Weavile is the best mon in the metagame that doesn't get extremespeed. My set is Feint / Beat Up / Aerial Ace / Ice Shard, and shockingly Ice Shard barely sees any use

- Dragonite is god-tier with STAB Aerialate Extremespeed. There's no point in even running a dragon move, it's that good

- Nothing says "FUCK OFF STEEL TYPES" like a magnet-pull Infernape. You saw it here first:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)