Am I the only one that can't play newer games because the pokemon look so lifeless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I don't mean I hate the designs. It's just always bothered me how BW had so much life and energy into their pokemon, like steelix for example. Steelix isn't even that much of a popular/favorite pokemon! It's dancing around, and moving a lot, and in literally 90% of the 3D models, the pokemon is just standing there. Steelix, Ninetales, Lillpup, Rotom-W, Blaziken, Salamence, you name it. Chances are, BW looks way more interesting. I get that GF couldn't animate every idle pose for every pokemon, 800+ times, but it's always bothered me, especially since I was little. When I was little, I always said how pokemon were just cardboard cut-outs since they didn't move around, and then in BW they suddenly were actual animals. Now in Pokemon gen 6+ they're all just awkward 3D models that don't even look that good. The colors are all washed out, and just gross. It really turns me away from my favorite pokemon when in BW they looked amazing, and now they're literally just standing there lifeless. :/ It really kills the immersion that I'm fighting with self aware (to an extent) creatures that just stand around, lifeless and looking bored.

I really hope the models get a lift, but knowing how they're just going to reuse the models and probably only change things for pokemon like eevee, pikachu, starters, etc, that's very unlikely, especially since there's 800+ pokemon, and more with the new gen coming out on the switch

I still prefer Stadium’s models to the current ones because they were more dynamic. Let’s Go is doing a slightly better job though with giving them poses right as they come out of the Pokeball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)