An Innocent World Of Childish Joy

*Banner Coming Soon*​

The reason for the title is, this team seemed to give off that childish kinda feel I guess. I really didn't expect it, but maybe it's because I could see some little kid having Zoroark as a daddy (lol at the movies :P) and her/his daddy got her this amazing team.

Well, I've been a kinda long time UU lurker on this forum. And after a while of lurking and playing UU casually I tried to ladder. Well that didn't go to hot, with my first team, I did pretty good, it's just I had terrible luck. Whenever my opponets needed crits, they got them. Every other battle seemed to be against players in the top 100 (not good for just starting out :/). So, I started to look more into threads, watch more battles and figure out what everyone is using, and whats good and what isn't. So after a few weeks of that, I found out Heracross is rightfully crowned "King of UU".

That is when this team popped up. I was lurking through the UU forum again and saw a core that was Zoroark + Heracross. I quickly fell in love with it, as I actually understood the mechanics, and the synergy these two have towards each other. I didn't know the playstyle that this core was used for. For all I knew it could be a great Volt-Turn core. So I went with the playstyle my friends recommended me "Hyper Offense". That is when this team was born.

At A Glance:

When I saw Heracross I thought almost instantly "Ghost Switch Ins!" so I needed something to counter that, but keep luring the ghosts out. Well thanks to the cores thread, I saw Zoroark, and then put two and two together (along with help from the core itself) and thought. Well if my opponet doesn't know what is what, they might attack with the wrong moves. With Heracross getting Moxie I was expecially happy with this core now.

I needed a late game sweeper, as well as something that could work in the early game. I know from a past Research group Yanmega makes a great lead as he can OHKO many things, but he's too frail for the early game. But, he can work enough to give Heracross a late game sweep. Not only that, he can work miracles if allowed to sweep at the very end of the game. The speed boosts make him hard to outspeed, and he can work his way through teams like a hot knife in butter.

These two came as a package. I needed a spinner to allow Yanmega a free late game sweep, but I also needed hazards which could ease the pain a little bit, and put threats in OHKO range. We all know why Roserade, she's the premier spikes user, and can be a complete tank if I play her right. Kabutops filled two rolls. He works as a Stealth Rock inducer, and a spinner. Kabutops saved another space which could be used in other places.

Ah paraflinch, the most annoying thing in the game. I needed something that wasn't as frail as Yanmega to KO opposing Durants, Fighting Types, and Heracross. So I decided go troll or go home. Jirachi is a major threat in OU for a reason, it can paraflinch things to death. Well, Togekiss can make more people rage quit because of the STAB Air Slash, not to mention the fact that it's fast, and lets just face it, the cry itself makes you wanna cringe. This made my team what it is now.

[
B]Battle Strategy[/B]​
This team was supposed to be Hyper Offense. I don't know if I did that too well, I'll let you guys bash it in till it becomes that anyways. So, the biggest strategy here is prediction. I'm fairly good at it, but I have my flaws. During the team preview stage I've got to predict whether or not they will be using a Hazard Lead, or using a standard attacking one. If I predict wrong, and send in Zoroark or Heracross in on a Hazard Lead, I have the issue of having to spin it away at a later time, and that just gets annoying. How ever if I can predict the Hazard Lead, I can put in Kabutops, or Roserade, and spread hazards of my own. This makes life so much more easy, just like :toast:.

The next stage is the big decission. Zoroark or Herracross? Usually I send in Zoroark for a scout, because most people use flying type moves against it, so I'm safe there. On occasions I can spread tons and tons of Damage from Heracross and his Moxie, making him a possible sweeper. Once I get my opponets team down, when all their guys have substancale damage (under 50%) I send out Yanmega, who is untouched. I make sure hazards are spun away, and the enemy isn't faster than him. This makes a quick clean get away from the sweep. Most people who run Roar or Dragon Tail really just piss me off. I have very few ways of countering that, which makes me use Yanmega earlier than I hope to.

The mid game is where I use Togekiss. She's a beautiful bird type thing that just annoys people. This makes it a blast to play with her, sitting around flinching everything to death, till she dies. By that time I'm ready to attack with Yanmega, and win the game.

Thats all thats to it :)

In Depth Look

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

Zoroark can make an amazing attacker, even if the disquise is broken. I love to use him against my opponets, as they normally fall for the trick (stupid people who just use fighting moves anyway because they think it's good :/). He lures in Ghost types, or Defensive types to be smashed in with Nasty Plot. The disquise lasts one turn usually becuase they know Heracross doesn't learn Nasty Plot, or Flamethrower and such. The real shock is when I keep switching between them, it starts to get confusing, and they eventually lose track. Zoroark is the best lead for this team because he can scout my opponets team out, while they try to figure out whats going on.

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Yanmega is the best late game sweeper in UU. As soon as the opponet has tooken a beating from everybody else, and they think they have this down, they remember, Yanmega. If I can get enough speed, I can out speed everything. Yanmega slices through weakened teams with ease and hardly ever takes a hit. This makes for a great sweeper. I'm currently debating between HP Ground, and HP Rock, I don't know the benefits/down-falls of each, but they both hit Raikou.

Kabutops @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge

Kabutops is my handiman for the team. If I need a quick STAB Priority attack, I can fire away with Aqua Jet. If I need to KO some slow flying type, I can huck a Stone Edge at'em. If I need Entry Hazards, I can throw down Stealth Rocks, and if I need hazards eliminated, I can Rapid Spin. Without Kabutops, I'd probably lose my late game sweeps because my team is pretty hazards weak. I prefer not to use him as an attacker but I will if I need to. He is the frailest of the bunch, with many moves OHKO'ing him, but he's still easy and good to use for this team.

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

Roserade is my spiker. In UU everything revolves around spikes, and Roserade has the chanse to shut that down. It can use Sleep Powder to shut down potential threats to Yanmega for later game, and it can fire away with Giga Drain and heal itself. I chose Synthesis over rest because I'd love to leave her in when I'm spiking in case of a Spinner. Roserade is another handy tool that I need for this team.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Aura Sphere

Ah the annoying bird of the skies. This thing has gotten so haxy I'm even starting to rage quit making people rage. She's fast, she's pretty, she's good, what more could you ask for. Not only that, paraflinch is the most broken thing in the Meta right now. She can abuse that to the fullest extent. I don't know why Aura Sphere is there, I've been told to replace it with something else, but I can't think of what to replace it with, so I've left it there for you guys. She's got the bulk to stay around enough till I can get my opponets team ready for Yanmega, but it's not always that great.

Heracross @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Substitute

Ah the big star of the team. Ever since I saw this thing with Moxie I thought to myself "Dat Beatle is gonna be king one day no more Roserade and now look at it. One of the best mons in UU, it can take out an entire team if allowed to. It's got great coverage, and Substitute to keep it around. Not only that, Stone Edge hits Crobat pretty hard, and dat bat can be a big pain sometimes. This guy is what makes my team tick, he's the glue to hold it all
together.

Threat List
Major Threat; Can sweep the team, or severely cripple it.
Medium Threat; Could do some damage, but not enough to really matter
Minor Threat; Not really a threat, just plain annoying.
+++++++++++++++++++++

Arcanine ; This guy can sweep the team. Kabutops can't KO it with Aqua Jet unless it's been hit a lot, and I have Hazards out.

Chandelure ; Again with the fire types. I can't really get a good grasp on them to KO them. This one is much less of a threat than Arcanine, but it can still do some damage to the team.

Honchcrow It's typing is what is annoying. If left alone for too long it can end my teams life pretty quickly. I don't like battling this guy in the first place, but combined with Arcanine, I usually have to forfiet.

Quaqsire ; this guy just doesn't stop trolling my team. It's typing is the issue again. I can't get a good KO in if Zoroark is KO'd, and that usually happens. He can be easy to KO if I really find the way in some matches, but sometimes he can really dent the team.

Raikou ; Can take the HP ground fire by Yanmega, and fire back with an OHKO from Thunderbolt. This really gets annoying. I don't know how to handle him much anymore.

Snorlax In a physically attacking team, this this is a nightmare. Hard to KO, but in turn can't always KO back. Usually Togekiss takes care of it quite easily, but it can be annoying.

Suicune ; specifically crocune can be horrible for this team. Forcing an early switch in with roar and making Yanmega's day that much harder isn't what I had in mind. I can KO it, but it does take a lot of work.

Thats the team, hope you guys like it :)

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If you really want to make your team hyper offense, you need to make a few switches to make it a little faster. First, switch Kabutops for Scarf Darmanitan. In a hyper offense team, you can't waste time spinning, and Scarf Darm not only keeps momentum on your side with U-Turn, it can serve as a revenge killer and helps break tough walls with it's monstrous Flare Blitz. To control enemy hazards, I suggest using lead Froslass with Taunt to set up Spikes instead of defensive Roserade, which will also help make your team faster and more hyper offense. For Heracross, I suggest a Scarf set to use Moxie, as that is the late game cleaner you're looking for. It also functions as a scarf revenge killer if Darmanitan is down. Finally, I suggest changing your Togekiss to a bulky Nasty Plot set. It isn't exactly hyper offense, but it will break through really heavy stall that your team might have trouble with otherwise. With these changes, you should be able to handle Arcanine and Chandelure a little better, as Darmanitan can revenge them with Earthquake or Rock Slide, Togekiss can check Chandelure (watch out for Specs Fire Blast still), and Scarf Moxie Heracross can revenge kill both with Earthquake or Stone Edge. Quagsire, Snorlax, and Suicune can all be handled by bulky Nasty Plot Togekiss. Honchkrow is tricky, but most everyone on your team can somewhat threaten it, so don't let it set up. Raikou is still tricky, but most all the full stops to Raikou are slower Pokemon. As long as you keep the substitute down, you can always revenge kill him with either Darmanitan, or Heracross if Raikou has taken damage.

Here are the sets:
Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Sp Def/252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-U-Turn

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Trait: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Sp Atk/4 Sp Def/252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Spikes
-Ice Beam
-Taunt
-Destiny Bond

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Megahorn
-Earthquake

If you have any questions or concerns, ask!

My concern with Scarf'd Heracross is during the late game. If my opponet sets up hazards, and then I'm forced to switch out of a threat, I take that damage.

For an example.

My opponent sends out [insert something resistant to Heracross's Mega-Horn] that makes me have to switch, and take that hazard damage, possibly leaving my pokemon in the KO zone, when I could have just used another move to KO it. That's the reason I hate choice items.

My concern with Scarf'd Heracross is during the late game. If my opponet sets up hazards, and then I'm forced to switch out of a threat, I take that damage.

For an example.

My opponent sends out [insert something resistant to Heracross's Mega-Horn] that makes me have to switch, and take that hazard damage, possibly leaving my pokemon in the KO zone, when I could have just used another move to KO it. That's the reason I hate choice items.
Then you'd be using Scarf MoxieCross wrong. You want to save it for as late in the game as possible so that when the time comes for you to play it, there are no resistances left, or the resistances are weakened to such a point that they'd die coming in on the switch, or die after a Moxie boost has been accumulated. Scarf MoxieCross is meant to be used as a revenge killer and a cleaner, not a sweeper. Most teams won't be getting more than Stealth Rock and a single layer of Spikes up at best, so you really don't need to worry about insane hazards damage.

In regards to your team, I suggest you implement the changes made by Ace Emerald. They're really going to help your team. I'd also like to point out that because you should give up on Kabutops and Rapid Spin, that you should use a Sharpedo over Yanmega. Picture Yanmega, except stronger, better offensive typing, and attacking physically. That's basically what Sharpedo is, as it carries the same ability, and operates basically the same, just with different moves and not a crippling Stealth Rock weakness. When partnered with Scarf Darmanitan and Scarf MoxieCross, you wind up with a really scary team that forces opponents to be careful of how they play, as one incorrect prediction or mistake will give you a massive opening to take advantage of. The change for Sharpedo over Yanmega helps your team against the Arcanine, Chandelure, and to an extent, Raikou issues your team has had. Set will be at the bottom of this post.

The final suggestion I have, and this one does not need to be implemented immediately, is to use either Choice Specs / Choice Scarf Gothitelle over Zoroark. Zoroark is rather frail, and doesn't exactly help your team a lot besides playing mind games. Using Shadow Tag Gothitelle allows you to trap and normally KO a large number of Pokemon in the Underused tier that make Heracross' life hell, such as Gligar, and others such as Swampert, Rhyperior, and Hitmontop. With Pokemon like these out of the picture, your team will have more room to clean out an opposing team, and gain you more wins. Gothitelle also beats most, if not every hazards setter in the Underused tier with the appropriate move, easing your worries about hazards damage. The reason this change is somewhat optional, is that Gothitelle is currently suspect in the tier, and may not be around for much longer. You're free to test it, and if Gothitelle does indeed stay in the tier, run it over Zoroark. Set posted below.

Implement Ace Emerald's changes
Sharpedo > Yanmega
Choice Gothitelle > Zoroark

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Shadow Tag
Modest / Timid Nature
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ice / Trick

The item choice on Gothitelle is up to you. Specs will more or less guarantee a KO with the correct move on just about anything you trap, and Scarf allows you to get a jump on a lot of Pokemon when using a Timid Nature. Shadow Ball can be used over Thunderbolt to hit the Ghost-types in the tier, giving Heracross more room to spam Close Combat, while Thunderbolt is used to nail the plethora of bulky Water-type Pokemon in the tier. HP Ice neuters Gligar and is great for Flygon switch-ins. Trick can be used instead to cripple defensive walls like Snorlax or what have you.

Good luck with the team. Looks solid.

Sweet, I guess I will test today with those changes and get back to you guys. Thanks for the help.

EDIT:
which one should be my lead, Gothitelle or Frosslass?

Sweet, I guess I will test today with those changes and get back to you guys. Thanks for the help.

EDIT:
which one should be my lead, Gothitelle or Frosslass?
In 5th generation, leads are kinda moot. You're better off using the Team Preview to your advantage and always leading with a Pokemon that will give your team momentum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)