An Oddity

An Oddity

Hello, fellow Smogonites. I am not here to give cookies or be poked, but to show and hopefully improve upon one of my best teams. I wanted to make a team around one of my favorite pokemon, Reuniclus. Reuniclus is an interesting poke to say the least, awful stats make it a great sweeper. To make an entire team around Reuniclus, Trick Room would be needed. My team archtype decided and with Reuniclus as my favorite poke, the first stepping stone was laid...

Team Building

Reuniclus: favorite poke, Trick Room user, fearsome sweeper, awesome.

I added porygon2 as an all around wall and a good trick room user.

Ferrothorn was a good spiker, resisted Dragons, and worked well in trick room.

Chandulure had great synergy with Ferrothorn as well as great offensive presence. Most importantly it learned Trick Room.

Swampert was a good Stealth Rock and Phazer who was slow, had great attack, and could slay dragons. He could also switch into the fire type attacks that ferrothorn attracted and could resist bullet punch, which is the most common priority that bypasses Trick room in this metagame.

Finnally I added Rampardos, as that monstrous attack stat could be used viably in Trick Room.

I had found that Rampardos sucked even in Trick Room. A huge priority weakness and when it was in TR it could be OHKO'ed by Ferrothorn. It was essentially dead weight. I had also found Porygon2 quite dissapointing, without resistances he couldn't wall well, but couldn't attack well either. It didn't quite have enough utility either. I also found that Trick Room wasn't up for long enough to be used, I needed more users.

I replaced Porygon2 with another mixed wall Brongzong. Not only is its typing more advantageous, but it could use Stealth Rock, allowing Swampert to have an offensive set. Secondly, I used a V-Create Victini, as it provided another way to resist BP to defeat Scizor and another TR user. V-Create+Trick Room made it faster every turn.

At this point, stealth rocks became a major issue since I didn't have a rapid spinner and I had two pokes weak to stealth rocks. Victini also stacked weaknesses on this team and could actually be ko'ed by Scizor's u-turn or bug bite. I needed a very powerful physical hitter. I knew Conckeldurr was a great partner with Reuniclus and stumbled upon his choice band set with Hammer Arm. It worked well and was in a similar vein to V-create. I had found Swampert got it too.

I noticed that Ferrothorn could not deal with boosting sweepers. His lack of TR didn't help either. I needed more utility. I looked at Whimsicott because of his priority encore, then I found out he had TR. His priority allowed him to work in and out of TR, as well as beat pokes who would otherwise steamroll my team. I was sold. All my Trick Room setters were different types and could be used in different situations. This is the current version of my team, and it has been the best team I have made and used so far.

The Team

Defensive Trick Room

Mr. Bell-air
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Trick Room
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

I lead with Brongzong 90% of the time. Brongzong first and foremost sets up Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is very important for this team, as it allows it to defeat Multiscale Dragonite and Scizor more easily. Also, its the only entry hazard for this team, meaning its the only thing that allows me to score critical KO's.

Brongzong second job is to start up Trick Room. Trick Room allows it to support the team more and also become a very powerful and speedy attacker against fast foes. Gyro ball allows it to easily defeat the common lead Deoxys-s. Hidden Power Ice is for Dragons and Gliscor. Note how the two combinations of moves allow it to defeat the two most common taunters.

The Ev's are maxed in Sp. De because Brongzong is my best taker of powerful water attacks, such as Politoed's and Rotom-W's Hydropump, and my other teamates are more physically defensive. But it allows him to make the most of Politoed and Rotom-W leads. Taking this into account, Brongzong is expendable. Once there are no more clear threats that Brongzong would switch-in I sack him.

The EV's and nature have been changed to reflect that Brongzong doesn't have to take all the high-powered rain water attacks anymore. It can now do it's job of defending against Dragons much more effectively.

Mr.NoSweep4U

(Whimsicott) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Trick Room
- Encore
- Taunt
- U-turn

If there was one thing to take away from this RMT, it is that Whimsicott can be adopted on to almost about any team, it only needs the right set and partners to work awesomely. In most of my games, Whimsicott is my MVP. First, Whimsicott's priority Encore allows me to counter boosting sweepers with the lack of a defensive core and phazer on this team. The free turn or turns granted by encore allows me to setup TR and U-turn out into a pokemon that will OHKO the boosting threat. It's hard for people to let go of their +4 Volcarona, even though its going to get Ko'ed by Conkledurr. The ability to shut down a sweeper and then set up my entire team is unmatched by any other pokemon. Encore and Taunt in tandeem can shut down a walls in two ways which is nice. It also lets me shut down Baton Pass.

Lastly, U-turn serves a dual nature on this Whimsicott. U-turn allows whimsicott to switch out into safety outside of Trick Room as well as scout. Inside Trick Room, it allows me to scout encore pokes but also insure that my Trick Room-set hitter will be able to switch in safely. This is the reason for the 252 EV's in speed and jolly nature, to make me blindly fast or snail slow.

The Physical Hitter(s)

Mr.Gen2OU?

(Marowak) (M) @ Thick Club
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

Marowak was suggested by pokemon0078 and it certainly is unorthodox. Although Marowak has 56 less Atk than Conkledurr, he makes up for this with his supreme type coverage and ability to switch moves. Marowak can still switch in just as easily as Conkledurr did with support from Whimsicott, his bulk, and resistance to Stealth Rock. Unlike Conkledurr, I'm not forced out by a bulky resist, which would otherwise waste a turn of TR and give the opposing team a free turn.

Marowak's STAB-Earthquake replaces Swampert's, albeit much more powerful. In a similar vein, Marowak carries Stone Edge that Conkledurr used to carry. Fire Punch is a coverage move that Conkledurr wishes it had and easily takes care of Ferrothorn. Finally, Double Edge is an interesting move that can put a big dent into Gliscor. Marowak's Earthquake is especially important to this team, being able to take down specially defensive Jirachi easily. Marowak's Ground typing replaces Swampert's electric immunity, just another type Whimsicott can Encore to get a switch in. Overall, Marowak sweeps more efficiently than Conkledurr and acts as the killer of rain stall and tentacruel for my team.

The Scarfer

Mr. Smiles

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

As per New World Order's suggestion, I put Rotom-W on the team. Rotom-W has been the best replacement on the team. Rotom-W fullfills a lot of roles that were once lacking in the team. First, I replaced Swampert with Rotom, since their Water-Stabs and weaknesses were very similar. Rotom-W early games acts as the revenge killer and overall fast pokemon for this team. It is also one of my best Scizor switchins due to the 4x resist to bullet punch (swampert only had 2x). Rotom-W also has Thunderbolt which alleviates my problems with some Bulky Waters and Volt Switch is a great tool for getting my TR set uppers in. Volt Switch also forms a great combo with Whimmsicott with U-turn. It isn't offensively inclined, but it definitly makes it easier to bring a TR setter for the appropriate situation in.

Trick is the reason why Rotom has been doing so well for me on this team, since it allows him to become a bulky water with leftovers. The importance of this is that Brongzong doesn't have to tank all the high-power water attacks anymore, and can split his EV's. Tricking Choice Scarf also allows me to cripple one Pokemon on the opponents team, and it makes breaking through special walls such as Chansey much easier. Trick also comes with a nice effect of having an opponents Pokemon gain speed, a factor that would otherwise be uncontrollable for me. Slower Pokemon that would otherwise outspeed me in TR, such as Gastrodon/Quagsire aren't a problem anymore.

Offensive Trick Room

Mr. Flamer

(Chandelure) (F) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

While this is not a common set, it has found a home on my team. Chandelure has a characteristic that is often overlooked, its defenses. Without the need to invest in speed, I can invest into max HP. 316 HP with base 90 defenses is decently bulky. The real kicker is 427 Sp. Atk, which is absolute devastation to a lot of pokes. However Chandelure most prominent helpfulness to this team is its typing and immunities. 4x resistance to Bug and 2x resistance to Steel allows it to handle Scizor very well and aid the team greatly. Furthermore, its immunity to fire type attacks makes a great partner for Whimsicott and Brongzong, which they draw in like moths to a candle. Chadelures ghost typing allows me to setup TR in with impunity in the face of normal and fighting attacks. An interesting situation that occurs rarely is sacrificing a low health whimsicott to encore a fighting or normal move, then I can TR or go for the kill with Chadelure, winning the game. Chandelure also allows me to handle CB Nite better because he often ExtremeSpeeds to beat TR and fire punches to beat Brongzong.

The EV's are for max power and speed under TR of course. Shadow Ball provides Chandelure with a great neutral STAB. Fire Blast allows Chandelure to hit harder with STAB and becomes a scary-powerful move after a flash fire boost. The choice of hidden power determined who I would be walled by, Heatran or Tyranitar. I decided upon ground because Sp. Defensive Heatran's would often come in to dodge a Fire Blast and I would be unable to KO it. I had teammates that could handle Tyranitar much more easily than Heatran, so Ground was chosen. Ground also allows Chandelure to absolutly DESTROY suns teams just by itself. Overall Chandulure is great for this team, making it very easy to hand Scizor and adding a TR user who can come in on many Choice-locked moves.

mr. oddity

(Reuniclus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 180 HP / 76 Def / 252 SAtk
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Reuniclus: the whole reason this team was made. Having Scizor and Tyranitar taken care of, Reuniclus can sweep with ease. Reuncilus and Chandlure together are very hard hitting special attackers and can take down Ghosts that would otherwise ruin Conkledurr. Reuniclus has multiple roles for this team sweeper, bulky trick room set upper, and status absorber (along with Conkledur and Brongzong). However, it should be noted that unless Reuniclus is being used to go out and a sweep and hit hard safely, IT SHOULD NEVER BE USED AS DEATH FODDER. Because Reuniclus takes no damage to hazards ,weather, or status, it can come out late game with whatever amount of hazards up with impunity. Thus Reuniclus can clutch games and act as a late game sweeper. Also, Reuniclus has the ability to take almost any non-boosted, non super effective hit. Thus it should remain in high health because it can set up Trick Room end game to sweep for itself, and you never know if you might need it.

Reuniclus really wraps up the team nicely, fulfilling multiple roles by providing Trick Room and acting as a threatening, powerful sweeper. By far my favorite Pokemon to use because of its versatility.

Threat List

Reuniclus: If a Trick Room varient and I'm in Trick Room I have to rely on a speed tie with my Reuniclus to take it out. If a Calm Mind variant I have to kill it with either Chandelure or Reuniclus before it gets to +2.

Rotom-W: The foremost bulky water in the metagame. Since its ussually paired with Scizor I ussually sack Brongzong to setup Trick Room to KO with Conkledurr. Reuniclus can handle him pretty well if there is no Scizor or if scizor is in KO range for Focus Blast. Swampert is immune to Volt Switch and can come in when its choice locked but others it can't do anything and its hurt by Wil-o-Wisp + Hydro Pump

Scizor: Nothing much to say, its designed to give me trouble because of my Bug weakness/neutrality with 4 of my teammates and its very strong priority.

Gastrodon: Probably THE WORST bulky water to face. Conkledurr is the only one who can really kill him due to it being so Sp. defensive. It's so threatning because it is so slow and has a variety of special attacks.

Politoed: Defensive or Specs/Scarf my Brongzong is the only one who really can be on him. Luckily opponents don't value it as much seeing I don't have an opposing counter weather.

Tyranitar: Very threatening if I am outside of TR since he still can deal very powerful damage to even neutral members of my team. He can also can resist and pursuit Chandelure. Lastly, he induces sand, and residual damage on my teammates who aren't resistant to sand is annoying.

Latios: His STAB Draco Meteor can OHKO anyone on my team except Brongzong. He is also resistant and can switch in to Conkledurr's Hammer Arm. However if it uses Hidden Power fire when its Choiced, Chandelure can switch in and setup TR. In TR latios is not threatening because of Chandelure and Reuniclus. The Life Orb variants are the toughest for this team.

My biggest issue are bulky waters since they can stomach neutral attacks. Eventually though they get worn down enough that they fall. They can also be shutdown by Whimsicott

Conclusion

Overall I found this team the best I have made, and it certainly shows when it can consistently be over 500 on the ladder. It can addresses a variety of threats and beat TR teams, and Reuniclus', most prominent threats, Tyranitar and Scizor, through a combination of resistant pokemon. This team has served me well, and I hope it serves you well too (exoprtable below). Thanks for reading my (rather long) RMT!

Mr. Bell-Air (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room

Mr.NoSweep4U (Whimsicott) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Trick Room
- Encore
- Taunt
- U-turn

Mr. Flamer (Chandelure) (F) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

mr. oddity (Reuniclus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 180 HP / 76 Def / 252 SAtk
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Mr. Goatee (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
- Hammer Arm
- Stone Edge
- Payback
- Mach Punch

Mr. Bamf (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 156 HP / 96 Atk / 216 Def / 40 SDef
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Hammer Arm

Retired teammates

Mr. Bamf

(Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 156 HP / 96 Atk / 216 Def / 40 SDef
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Hammer Arm

Swampert is a apart of my Three-part plan to handle Scizor, Reuniclus' ultimate nemesis and bane of trick room teams. Swampert with his 2x resist to Steel and defenses can shrug off Bullet Punches with ease. He can either retaliate with a STAB-Earthquake or if in the rain, a STAB Waterfall. Swampert can also deal with Tyranitar, another Reuniclus pain, with ease (he also handled Excadrill, but he is banned) with his defenses and STAB's. Hammer Arm gives Swampert coverage and a reliable way to hit Rotom-W. Hammer Arm also comes with the side effect of lowering my speed, providing a speed boost in Trick Room. Finally, Ice Beam is for Dragons and Gliscor, who Swampert can take with his bulk and support from Whimsicott.

Swampert acts as the glue for the team and provides an answer to rain and sand teams. However, I have been thinking of moving a couple of EV's into attack to hit even harder and because it seems Jirachi lives with 3% from Earthquake (from experience, maybe min damage roll?). Overall he has acted as a good poke for this team countering Reuniclus' biggest threats.

Swampert was dropped for Rotom-W. The Water Stab and his resist to Steel ultimatly replace his role in countering Scizor. It also plays a role in countering similar rain teams,

Mr. Goatee

(Conkeldurr) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
- Hammer Arm
- Stone Edge
- Payback
- Mach Punch

Conkeldurr is by far the most powerful Pokemon on team that can just utterly sweep teams. Choice Band with a Max Attack and a boosting nature reaches 624 attack. Hammer Arm is the ace in the hole for this Conkeldurr. A 100 BP move with STAB has the capability to 2HKO almost every pokemon. Not only that, but it allows me to boost my speed as well in TR! Once Conkledurr gets in Trick Room the opposing team must prepare to take a massive amount of damage unless they have a Ghost or bulky resist. Skarmory is 2HKO'd by Hammer Arm.

Ghost's are a pain for Conkeldurr, so Stone Edge and Payback are there. I have only used Payback twice on Conkeldurr because he hits everything first, I am looking for a better option on here, any suggestions? Stone Edge let's me hit flyings and ghosts (especially Dragonite) very hard, though its accuracy is annoying. It also allows me to hit the most common dancers Dragonite, Gyrados, and Volcarona hard after they have been encored.

Lastly, Mach Punch serves as a very powerful priority that is used outside of TR. It is a very important in clutch situations and has won me games. Conckrldurr also acts as a bulky bug resist that can KO Scizor and Tyranitar slayer. Overall Conkeldurr is the strongest and best member of my team and has not let me down.

Conkledurr was replaced by Marowak, however he is still in the running. An extra status absorber is very useful. Conkledurr also has the utility of a very powerful priority in Mach Punch, which would be my best option to revenge without TR or Rotom-W. A set change or moveset could probably do the trick to make him even better.

Very nice team here. One thing I'd reccomend is running Swords Dance Scizor over Swampert for raw sweeping ability.
Also you might want HP Grass over Ground on Chandelure because gastrodon and quagsire are both popular pokes and you don't want them to stop a sweep.
Otherwise not too much else to say
Hope I helped :]

Very nice team here. One thing I'd reccomend is running Swords Dance Scizor over Swampert for raw sweeping ability.
Also you might want HP Grass over Ground on Chandelure because gastrodon and quagsire are both popular pokes and you don't want them to stop a sweep.
Otherwise not too much else to say
Hope I helped :]
First, Chandelure gets energy ball, so Energy Ball>Hidden Power Grass. Second, using Energy Ball doesn't allow Chandelure to counter and sweep Sun Teams. Energy Ball with Scizor makes this team have severe Heatran issues. Also using a Fire type to kill bulky waters means I can't switch into them.

The problem I have with SD Scizor is that it will take time to setup Sword Dance thus wasting time to in TR. It would also compound my Rotom-W problem since Chandelure can't OHKO Rotom-W with Energy Ball even with Stealth Rock. Conckledurr really serves as the powerful physical sweeper for this team without setup.

You ignoring a very important part of why Gastrodon and Quagsire are hard for this team to handle, their very slow speed. In normal conditions, Chandelure would outspeed and KO with energy ball. But Chandelure isn't sweeping in normal conditions, he is sweeping in TR. Thus a Gastrodon/Quagsire can outspeed me in those conditions and KO me. They are stopping my sweep not only through bulk, but most importantly there very slow speed and access to two STAB, supereffective attacks against Chandelure. Chandelure can't kill those bulky waters with a Energy Ball because she will get killed herself.

I'm sorry for shutting down your suggestions, but it doesn't look like this is the right way to go and the advice seems half baked.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, as promised, here's the rate.

As much as I hate Whimsicott, you seem to have found a very creative role for it. Swampert seems to be the weak link of this otherwise solid team. Most of its roles are already filled by Chandelure and Conkeldurr. Scizor and Tyranitar should have more than enough trouble against them. In fact, Tyranitar doesn't even pose much of a threat to Reuniclus. Every vairant except for Chople gets OHKOd by Focus Blast anyways. Currently, your team has trouble against dragon types, who can KO all your team members bar Bronzong with powerful Outrages and Draco Meteors before they can move. So I suggest replacing Swampert with an Escavalier. Although Escavalier can't touch steels, you can use this weakness to your advantage by bring in Chandelure as a steel comes in to keep the offensive momentum going. With Escavalier's great bulk, it can take an Outrage or Draco Meteor and smash back with its powerful attacks. With a Life Orb, Escavalier will activate Swarm after a few turns. The power of Life Orb+Swarm boosted Megahorn is unholy! It 2HKOs Scizor. A x4 RESIST! If you get a chance to get a Swords Dance it, then oh god, your opponent is in for a hell of a ride. Iron Head provides another STAB and under Trick Room, it will go first so Escavalier could potentially flinchhax something to death. Return is for coverage, and Pursuit allows Escavalier to finish off Choice locked Latios. Although honestly, the last 2 moves might as well be filler. 9/10 times you'll just be spamming Megahorn.

Escavalier @ Life Orb
Swarm
Brave
252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- don't bother with this moveslot Return/ Pursuit

A common problem with many trick room teams is that they are so concerned with packing trick room abusers that they forget to prepare for the inevitable turn when Trick Room runs out. You want that fast revenge killer to pick off dangerous threats should Trick Room run out at just the wrong time. IMO, the best man for the job is Rotom-W. Currently, your team struggles mightily against rain teams. Nobody can take Specs boosted Hydro Pumps and Thunders. Rotom-W gives you an answer to numerous rain threats such as Specs Tornadus, DD Gyarados, and Life Orb Starmie. Volt Switch gives you the momentum needed to get Trick Room back up, Hydro Pump is an obligatory STAB, Thunderbolt is a more powerful option than Volt Switch and allows Rotom-W to clean up late game if necessary. Trick is obviously for crippling opposing walls.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid
252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

GL

Escalivier looks like a much better option than Scizor, since it is slower and hits hard even unboosted.

Regarding Rotom-W, what teammate should he replace? The best fit on this team for him seems to be Brongzong since Escalivier can take Dragon attacks. But who will be my Stealth Rocker now for the important Dragonite? I can trap Dragonite well with either Encored-Boosts or Choice Locked Extremespeed/Fire Punch, but he will take minimal Damage with intact Multiscale. I guess Escalivier does that much with Iron Head? Thanks for the rate btw.

Hi, nice team. I only have one small suggestion and that is changing one of Swampert's moves (probably hammer arm) for roar as this works well in tandem with Whimsiscott's encore. This gives you the critical option of phazing set up sweepers that you may not be able to eliminate immediately.

Well here goes, my first post .__.
You have a pretty diverse team, together very little could destroy 3+ pokemon.
Chandeloure, being frail and fire/ghost not REALLY being the best expert belter, to be honest if you want expert belt anywhere it would be on swampert for that good moveset.
I think the chandelure deserves a focus sash as its frail and if you're only going to manage a 2HKO then I highly doubt that it would survive even a non-STAB hit.
Do you really need that many pokemon with trick room? In my personal opinion with such powerful attackers I wouldn't be surprised if you defeat them in just 2 trick rooms. Therefore Reniculus can have a calm mind which combined with its massive bulk can afford to miss with focus blast and still survive power draco-meteor hits from powerful dragons. As far as Whimsicott is concered you MAY want to shove in cotton guard for encore or u-turn as a powerful +3 defence boost would almost make sure it can almost certainly survive what would normally be a simple OHKO. Rotom-W is really the only good counter to your team as your whimsicott does not have any grass moves, chandelure may want want to have energy ball as it does hit the dreaded ground and rock types that may try to come in and steal your TR. You want to take care with Heatran as not only does it wall 4 out of your 6 team and can take advantage of your TR (but I doubt its going to be a quiet one) and can also switch in to your chandelure for the fire boost then use ANY move to KO you. Another idea is that you could put a Dragonite in there. Yes I know its a terrible pokemon which does nothing but Ddance, but that extremespeed is gonna come in handy against Ye Olde Fake Out. Dragonite could replace Swampert and a dragon type could be nice to switch onto to wall the fires and Rotom-W which you can do absolutley nothing about.
A brave one will be slower for a good part of the Metagame especially if you want to destroy most priority users. Conkeldurr doesn't need/want Payback because since you're in trick room your're going to be going first anyway so considering you're going for a ghost type, say... Gengar.
Payback 50*2=100
Stone edge=100
Only thing I would say about SE is the low accuracy might not be as reliable as you want but hey, you need rock because frankly, Conk's moveset is terrible. As far as what to replace payback with... I'm afraid its either going to be a horrible typed Posion jab or a generally terrible Comet punch. I would use posion jab just cause most ghosts are frail (Bar dusclops) and you're going to be destroying them with 140 base attack and band anyway. I'm not so sure about Bronzong' ability to set up TR before being killed, the common Azelf (Fire blast) and even worse, Infernape (Overheat) are going to be hurting you and with some luck going to be OHKO-ing you. To solve this, I reccomend a switch to Dusclops(eviolite) which makes its base defences over 200,
Shuckle with more hp. Despite lacking attack power dusclops can have Will-o-wisp to stop enemy Conks in their tracks. A memento can go ahead and allow you a safe switch in considering you're oppoment isn't using a... serperior with Contary which isn't even really that dagerous with 75 sp.att. Looks to me like you're trying to do too much with Swampert, drop the sp.def EVs and either put them in Sp.att or att. Swords dance despite pressurising walls to do something can't be fully used as trick room only lasts for 5 turns. Swampert switchs in thats 4 maximun turns, a SD and you only have 3 chances to hit them (at the very most). Whimsicott may need giga drain or bulky waters (Quagsire/Gastrodoon) will destroy you by using your TR.
Conk can be exchanged for Ttar as most of your team (except Chandelure) resist sandstorm damage and if you do use Ttar then Gigalith can replace Chandelure for it has sturdy, explosion and the 50% sp.def boost from the sandstorm.
A gimmicky problem.
You may wanna change your Bronzong's nickname, it looks like its giving you're levitate away to Blazikens who would be normally clueless.

Chandeloure, being frail and fire/ghost not REALLY being the best expert belter, to be honest if you want expert belt anywhere it would be on swampert for that good moveset.
I think the chandelure deserves a focus sash as its frail and if you're only going to manage a 2HKO then I highly doubt that it would survive even a non-STAB hit
You are right about Chandelure not being the best Expert Belter. Shadow Ball really hits just about everything neutrally. But, I used a Life Orb for awhile and I found it adding to Chandelure frailness, even though there a huge inscrease in power. Expert Belt really helped with securing a Jellicent 2HKO, which would wall my Conk.

I don't see Focus Sash as the best choice. Chandelure is surprisingly bulky and unfortunately with all the sand running around it won't be used 25% of the time. A new item though definitely looks like it should be used.

As far as Whimsicott is concered you MAY want to shove in cotton guard for encore or u-turn as a powerful +3 defence boost would almost make sure it can almost certainly survive what would normally be a simple OHKO. Rotom-W is really the only good counter to your team as your whimsicott does not have any grass moves, chandelure may want want to have energy ball as it does hit the dreaded ground and rock types that may try to come in and steal your TR. You want to take care with Heatran as not only does it wall 4 out of your 6 team and can take advantage of your TR (but I doubt its going to be a quiet one) and can also switch in to your chandelure for the fire boost then use ANY move to KO you.
Cotton Guard will definitely not replace encore, so the slot it would replace would be U-turn. However, what do I do when I acquire those boosts? Whimsicott is in and out, only setting up free TR's.

Heatran is KO'ed by HP Ground, Waterfall/Earthquake, Hammer Arm, and Focus Blast? Whimsicott and Brongzong don't really attack. Rock types are handled by HP Ground and Ground types I think would take more from a neutral STAB Fire Blast. I will put in Energy Ball to see what it does, but I don't think it has the power to KO bulky waters and can't be used against water/grounds (they outspeed me in TR.

Only thing I would say about SE is the low accuracy might not be as reliable as you want but hey, you need rock because frankly, Conk's moveset is terrible. As far as what to replace payback with... I'm afraid its either going to be a horrible typed Posion jab or a generally terrible Comet punch. I would use posion jab just cause most ghosts are frail (Bar dusclops) and you're going to be destroying them with 140 base attack and band anyway. I'm not so sure about Bronzong' ability to set up TR before being killed, the common Azelf (Fire blast) and even worse, Infernape (Overheat) are going to be hurting you and with some luck going to be OHKO-ing you. To solve this, I reccomend a switch to Dusclops(eviolite) which makes its base defences over 200,
Shuckle with more hp. Despite lacking attack power dusclops can have Will-o-wisp to stop enemy Conks in their tracks. A memento can go ahead and allow you a safe switch in considering you're oppoment isn't using a... serperior with Contary which isn't even really that dagerous with 75 sp.att. Looks to me like you're trying to do too much with Swampert, drop the sp.def EVs and either put them in Sp.att or att. Swords dance despite pressurising walls to do something can't be fully used as trick room only lasts for 5 turns. Swampert switchs in thats 4 maximun turns, a SD and you only have 3 chances to hit them (at the very most). Whimsicott may need giga drain or bulky waters (Quagsire/Gastrodoon) will destroy you by using your TR.
Conk can be exchanged for Ttar as most of your team (except Chandelure) resist sandstorm damage and if you do use Ttar then Gigalith can replace Chandelure for it has sturdy, explosion and the 50% sp.def boost from the sandstorm.
A gimmicky problem.
You may wanna change your Bronzong's nickname, it looks like its giving you're levitate away to Blazikens who would be normally clueless.
I'm assuming since this your first post you just started playing on the Smogon server! Welcome. Serperior isn't an issue since its not released yet :p, its in DW. Blaziken isn't an issue either because it is banned. Swampert doesn't learn Swords Dance, but it does learn curse which acts like a physical quiver dance in TR. I don't think TTar+Gilgalith is a good fit since both can be really hurt by Scizor. Gilgalith won't hit as hard as Conk and Explosion is a crap move now. Whisicott running Giga Drain over U-turn sounds like an interesting idea but it has a very low Sp. Atk

@sirnpdt Those sound like good ideas and toxic orb is a good choice since Conk is only in a 3 turn TR. Healing Wish seems to conflict with Conks Toxic Orb, but it would work really well with Reuniclus since it has a lot of bulk and can set TR up by itself.

Nice job. Good synergy, I like that. Just ONE problem.

CHANDELURE IS TOO FREAKIN' FAST!!! Unless you've slapped a Macho Brace on that thing (which nobody in their right mind would bother to do) it can't operate as well in a trick room as it can outside one.

Not trying to sound like a crazy fankid, but Marowak actually fares really well on a Trick Room. Tropius, too.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, as promised, here's the rate.

As much as I hate Whimsicott, you seem to have found a very creative role for it. Swampert seems to be the weak link of this otherwise solid team. Most of its roles are already filled by Chandelure and Conkeldurr. Scizor and Tyranitar should have more than enough trouble against them. In fact, Tyranitar doesn't even pose much of a threat to Reuniclus. Every vairant except for Chople gets OHKOd by Focus Blast anyways. Currently, your team has trouble against dragon types, who can KO all your team members bar Bronzong with powerful Outrages and Draco Meteors before they can move. So I suggest replacing Swampert with an Escavalier. Although Escavalier can't touch steels, you can use this weakness to your advantage by bring in Chandelure as a steel comes in to keep the offensive momentum going. With Escavalier's great bulk, it can take an Outrage or Draco Meteor and smash back with its powerful attacks. With a Life Orb, Escavalier will activate Swarm after a few turns. The power of Life Orb+Swarm boosted Megahorn is unholy! It 2HKOs Scizor. A x4 RESIST! If you get a chance to get a Swords Dance it, then oh god, your opponent is in for a hell of a ride. Iron Head provides another STAB and under Trick Room, it will go first so Escavalier could potentially flinchhax something to death. Return is for coverage, and Pursuit allows Escavalier to finish off Choice locked Latios. Although honestly, the last 2 moves might as well be filler. 9/10 times you'll just be spamming Megahorn.

Escavalier @ Life Orb
Swarm
Brave
252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 Def
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- don't bother with this moveslot Return/ Pursuit

A common problem with many trick room teams is that they are so concerned with packing trick room abusers that they forget to prepare for the inevitable turn when Trick Room runs out. You want that fast revenge killer to pick off dangerous threats should Trick Room run out at just the wrong time. IMO, the best man for the job is Rotom-W. Currently, your team struggles mightily against rain teams. Nobody can take Specs boosted Hydro Pumps and Thunders. Rotom-W gives you an answer to numerous rain threats such as Specs Tornadus, DD Gyarados, and Life Orb Starmie. Volt Switch gives you the momentum needed to get Trick Room back up, Hydro Pump is an obligatory STAB, Thunderbolt is a more powerful option than Volt Switch and allows Rotom-W to clean up late game if necessary. Trick is obviously for crippling opposing walls.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid
252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 Hp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

GL
I'd like to second the Rotom-W change. I've tested your team a bit, with and without the change, and with the change it does much better. Also, I agree with replacing Bronzong for specially defensive Jirachi with Stealth Rock/Trick Room/Wish/Healing Wish. This set allows you to keep your Stealth Rock, while setting up the Trick Room. Wish is if you don't want to sacrifice Jirachi just yet and still want healing on your other pokes. Healing Wish can be used to heal one of your pokes completely later in the battle, and therefore can save you the match.

Lastly, instead of switching Swampert for Escavalier, I'd like to suggest changing it for Marowak. With the following set;
Marowak@ Thick Club
Trait: Rock Head
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def/0 Speed IVs
Earthquake
Double-Edge
Fire Punch
Stone Edge

Marowak has a 568 attack stat with the Thick Club attached, being powerful enough to OHKO a significant portion of the metagame. It's moveset gives it perfect coverage, even scoring super-effective hit on a large amount of pokes in OU. To give an example of its power, Double Edge does 75.42%-88.98% to a standard DEFENSIVE Gliscor. This is a guaranteed 2HKO, even without Stealth Rock, while offensive Gliscor's Earthquake does 37.35%-44.44%, a 3HKO, while defensive does even less. To put its physical defense into perspective, Landorus fails to OHKO with Earthquake even in sandstorm, dealing 76.23%-90.12%, while Marowak can OHKO easily with Double-Edge. It can even take stray unSTAB'd special hits, not even being OHKO'd by Life Orb Starmie Ice Beam. Mamoswine Icicle Crash does OHKO, but that is a really powerful physical hit, and it is by a very low margin. Therefore, with Marowak's combination of decent bulk, high attack, and high speed under Trick Room, Marowak is an ideal Trick Room sweeper that definitely deserves a slot on this team, certainly more than Swampert. Anyways, good luck!

I know this is a pretty big bump, but I never had a chance last month to try out all the changes and give feed back on them to kink all the small issues out. At this point, once the little issues are kinked out I think this team will pretty much be perfect.

Only having one physical attacker for this team is a bit worrying, since I could be utterly walled by Blissey without Marowak. Blissey wasn't really a problem before because I had two fighting type moves that could capitlize on her only weakness. Chansey provides similar issues, but is more easily crippled by a tricked Choice Scarf than Blissey. Unfortunately, I don'y think there is anything that can fill in that role quite like Rotom-W.

The physical hitter slot is still a giant toss up between Conkledurr/Marowak/Escalivier. Conkledurr has the highest attack and slowest speed (factoring Hammer Arm in). His priority Mach Punch was really useful since it could be used outside of TR and he could absorb status unlike the other two. Unfortunately, the rise in Gengar and Tentacruel hasn't been to nice to CB Conkledurr; the day of Hammer Arm sweeps are over. I feel like a moveset and a set change could really help him but I don't know what to do.

Marowak has performed very well with his type coverage and he hits pretty hard, Choice Item+ power without the locking effect is awesome. He can't be used effectively outside of TR however. Escalivier, to my surprise, was the most lackluster option. He could be walled pretty easily, and the Golden Arrow of Swarm+Life Orb Megahorn would really be used once per match, Life Orb cut into his bulk tremendously. Being walled by Steel types actually did mater since I would switch out and lose 1 turn of TR while giving a free turn to the opponent. His role to take Dragon attacks has been given to Bronzong. I think Escalivier can still work, but like Conkledurr would need a moveset change.

Hey, I really love your Whimsicott! And I'm a fan of your Chandelure. I think I might add them to my Trick Room team, I'll cite you in my RMT thread. :)

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
I agree with the Marowak guy. Why don't you replace expert belt on Chandelure with Macho Brace? You won't be using him outside of Trick Room too much and he don't really need Trick Room, so you could replace that with Energy Ball. When you change this, your problems with Quagsire and Gastrodon will be gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)