An OU RMT

My team revolves around SpecsLatias, a welcomed new addition to OU. After I eliminate it's counters, it's high speed and SpA allows me to easily sweep the rest of my opponent's team. However, I lose against heavy stall teams, so I'm thinking that maybe there are some useful options I can replace on my team, while keeping the thick synergy in-tact. I'm not very eloquent, so don't be expecting any huge walls of texts.

Here's an overview of my team:

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/220 Atk/12 Def/24 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Explosion

Magnificent lead. In most cases, I start off immediately with a 5-6 lead, or with SR down. The 12 extra def EVs allow me to survive a Choice Band +Dugtrio. Although, I've haven't ran into that scenario yet. Should I just move the Def EVs into Attack, or should I move the Attack EVs into my Def?

Synergy: Sponges dragon moves, sets up SR, which is crucial to my success. Eliminates suicide leads, and explosion helps against bulky waters.
---

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

My check against most physical fighters. Metagross, Scizor, Swampert all fall prey to this Zapdos, opening up gaps in my opponent's team for me to sweep. This synergy this Zapdos holds with Machamp is amazing, as Machamp eliminates any problem Pokemon for Zapdos. Also, I can use Zapdos to weaken DDMence a little bit, and then revenging with Scizor.

Synergy: Protects against bulky waters. Even eliminating one bulky water weakens most teams which means I can easily sweep. Checks most fighters.
---

Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Trick

The star of this team. This whole team is set up to eliminate Latias' counters (Tyrannitar, Steels, Blissey) just so that I can pull off a lategame sweep. If I'm in dire need of some early offense, Draco Meteor hits like a bomb, weakening possible problem Pokemon for the rest of my team. Trick is the only assurance I have against stall teams, and it does come in handy with Blissey. Outspeeding Salamence is certainly an added bonus at the same time.

Synergy: Late game cleanup. Takes Earthquakes aimed at Zone and Gross, provides a check against Infernape and fighters. Plays pretty much the same role as Zapdos, but much more offensive.
---

Magnezone @Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SpA
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Explosion

A great team player with Latias, eliminating steels that resist Dragon Pulse. Being able to trap and kill Scizor is certainly fun, and it's my immediate switch-in against LeadJirachi's. Steels are very prominent in today's metagame, so being able to trap and kill one is certainly useful. If I'm lucky, I can pull off a few revenge kills against slower pokes. Explosion allows me to end off everything with a bang.

Synergy: Switches into Ice, Bug, and Steel moves aimed at Latias. Eliminates many immediate counters to Latias to aid a sweep. Counters itself, letting me set-up a backup Scizor sweep.
---

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Brave (+Atk, -Spd)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Payback
- Revenge

Latias is a magnet for Blissey and Tyrannitar, in which Machamp deftly handles. I chose the ResTalk set because I needed a status absorber, and people tend to aim status at Zapdos and Latias. I prefer Revenge simply because Machamp isn't outspeeding anything anytime soon, and Dynamic Punch's low PP is a turn off in most cases. Payback surprises most Rotoms, as when they burn me, I can OHKO them immediately with Payback.

Synergy: Provides a Tyrannitar check, which all teams need, especially this one. Absorbs status, deals with ghosts.
---

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/224 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack

I needed a 6th member, and here comes Scizor. I thought that since my team does so well against steel types, I can use Scizor to take advantage of that. Although most say that my moveset isn't that useful, it works well with my team. Machamp provides enough fighting power, and Magnezone traps Skarmory, so I have no need for SuperPower. Quick Attack allows me to fight against Infernape and a sufficiently weakened Zapdos. X-Scissor handles bulky waters like a charm, and can hit the annoying Steel/Psychics.

Synergy: Priority offense in case I mess up at a crucial moment. Checks Salamence pretty well, and it takes advantage of all the damage that Latias will be dishing out.
---

That's my team. I would probably be reluctant to change members, but I'll probably at least try out your suggestions. Thank you for taking your time to read this!

I would highly recommend switching Quick Attack with Superpower or Brick Break. If Scizor is facing Infernape or Zapdos, you would generally switch. With Quick Attack, you may deal more damage to said Pokemon, but you put Scizor at serious risk from Heatran. A Fighting move can keep Heatran in check, while Quick Attack won't do much damage.

Hmm. I actually quite like the idea of using guts with rest-talk. Since he will be gaining power. And since he is so slow he doesn't mind negative priority so 120 BP , 180 stab with guts and more PP is actually better than dynamic punch and CC. Though the confusion can help in lots of cases.
I like it. Tell me how that set goes.

For Machamp, you might want to set the IVs to 0, if you haven't done that already. That way, you will almost always get Payback off first.

I personally do not like X-scissor on Scizor, but that's just me. If you want another option, perhaps Superpower would be nice. He OHKOes Heatran, so it will deal with him as long as you can predict him switching in. Kudos to you for using Quick Attack.

For Metagross, keep the EVs the way they are. I haven't seen Dugtrio in a while, but if one does appear, you will be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)