1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Gen 1 an RBY team

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by rubycow14, Oct 12, 2007.

1. rubycow14

rubycow14

This is my first try at a competitive RBY team:

Snorlax
    Amnesia
    Ice Beam
    Fire Blast
    Body Slam

Slobro
    Amnesia
    Surf
    Thunder Wave
    Resy

Pretty Standard, I think.

Chansey
    Ice Beam
    Softbiled
    Reflect
    Thunderbolt

Not sure if Chansey gets tbolt in RBY

Persian
    Slash
    Hyper Beam
    Bubble Beam
    Screech

Persian is one ofthe reasons I'm playing RBY, NOT replacing this with Tauros.

Eggy
    Explosian
    Sleep Powder
    Stun Spore
    Mega Drain

Gotta love the coconut.

Rhydon
    EQ
    Rock Slide
    Sub
    Rest

Wall, need help with this thing.

I bet this team is horrible. I really need help. I have a feeling it gets killed by my bane, Tauros.

Changes in Bold
  2. Ace777

Ace777

Your team might need more paralysis moves, Dodrio is probably the only thing that could in the team that you're using. If you're really scared of Tauros why no just use a Snorlax over Dodrio?
  3. rubycow14

rubycow14

I'm definitely going to use Snorlax over Dodrio, since I think I also have a Stamie weak. I'll switch to T-Wave/Rest Slobro, since Slobro needs the saying power and para support. I don't get your Eggy comment. I already have Stun Spore on it.
  4. Ace777

Ace777

Sorry about that... As soon as I saw Mega Drain I though you didn't use Stune Spore. Psychic is much better than Mega Drain on Exeggutor. A 30% chance to get a special down is just too good. You'll still beat both Golem and Rhydon with it.
  5. rubycow14

rubycow14

I like the health gain, but I'll explode anyway, so maybe... I might use Light Screen though, I feel compelled to it.
  6. Ace777

Ace777

Erm... Why Fire Blast? What are you going to use it on? If you really want to use Amnesia go with Amnesia, Blizzard, Rest, and Thunderbolt / Body Slam. I really don't like Amnesia on Snorlax. Imo you're better off using Body Slam, Selfdestruct, Surf / Earthquake, and Hyper Beam.
    You'll get little heath with using Mega Drain, With your current set Gengar counters that Exeggutor and kills it with Seismic Toss, which is ironic because Exeggutor counters Gengar. P.S. both Light Screen and Rest cancel their effects if you switch out.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)